Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

New Coach 2024 - Suggestions - Page 3 Empty Re: New Coach 2024 - Suggestions

Post by The Barton Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:23 pm

Mickyj wrote:
whybother wrote:On panel, so can't be coach
Ok didn’t get it that way sorry 

I’ve heard no rumours of anyone from anyone who’d know

Ron Fuller was on the selection panel to find a new coach at South after he’d finished with us when his mate John Reid put his name forward. The rest is history.

Another name in the new coach mix is Scott Thompson. Currently coaching Unley Jets Division 3 who are second on the ladder. This is where Mitch Duval is playing this year.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:42 pm

The Barton wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

Ron Fuller was on the selection panel to find a new coach at South after he’d finished with us when his mate John Reid put his name forward. The rest is history.

Another name in the new coach mix is Scott Thompson. Currently coaching Unley Jets Division 3 who are second on the ladder. This is where Mitch Duval is playing this year.

Thanks The Barton didn’t know that 
Someone at the oval was trying to say Jarrod Almond he’s coaching somewhere
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:04 pm

Mickyj wrote:
The Barton wrote:Yes, Sam could certainly be in the mix.
I've done a bit of my own research and my tip is Heath Younie.
He ticks many if not all the boxes required having a strong playing career in the SANFL, AFL experience with the Crows and North Melbourne (was the inaugural Crows SANFL Coach for a few years) and is now involved with the SANFL as Pathways Coach & Player Developer (U16's and U18's). Coaching a strong club like the Eagles would certainly have appeal to a career football person like Younie. That's assuming he applies. Let's wait and see.

I had a quick word with someone tied up with the crows ( yes that must be uncomfortable ) and they’ve said to me they don’t think it will be Sam he’s involved with the crows .

He does the on ground/match day experience type thing - interviewing players/running competitions with the crowd etc. Not sure if he has a role in coaching. If he was interested in the football side of things, I imagine the coaching job with the Eagles would be a higher priority than the gig he currently has at the Crows. Would he have the experience to step straight in to an SANFL coaching job though? He definitely seems like a personable character and he was a very good footballer across three AFL clubs and of course the Eagles.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:20 pm

Mickyj wrote:
The Barton wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

Nuttsy coached United in Adelaide Plains League, they didn't win a game last year. This year they won 5 games and finished 6th out of 8 teams.

Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:04 pm

Columbo wrote:
Mickyj wrote:
The Barton wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

Nuttsy coached United in Adelaide Plains League, they didn't win a game last year. This year they won 5 games and finished 6th out of 8 teams.

I didn’t say I thought it was a good idea though
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:53 am

His coaching record agrees with you Mickj
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:32 am

whybother wrote:His coaching record agrees with you Mickj
I guess us fans guessing asking questions is like shooting fish in a barrel
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:15 pm

From where they were when he got there he probably didn’t do a bad job in the first year.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:43 pm

Columbo wrote:

From where they were when he got there he probably didn’t do a bad job in the first year.
I had no idea he was coaching until a eagles fan Saturday mentioned him
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:27 am

Mickyj wrote:
Columbo wrote:

I had no idea he was coaching until a eagles fan Saturday mentioned him

I was talking to a Father of one of our Reserves boys at a recent game who hails from the Adelaide Plains Football League area and is involved in one of the clubs who plays against United's. He's heard the way that Jarrad "take the money" Allmond talks to his players and he said it's disgraceful in many aspects. I doubt whether he'd be even close to being in the mix for the Eagles job and there would be a lot better out there.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:54 pm

I think Allmond would only get the job over Gold's dead body.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:56 pm

whybother wrote:I think Allmond would only get the job over Gold's dead body.
Yeah don’t think he’ll get the job whybother he was suggested to me as he’s ex eagles and coaching by a fan not by a board member
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:46 pm

Down at Noarlunga today many names were bandied around as the future coach of the Eagles.
Heath Younie and Matthew Wright seemed to be the preferred names.
Heath Younie and Matthew Wright were both at the ground.
Richard Douglas, Hamish Hartlett, Brett Ebert and Nathan Grima were also mentioned.
Christine Williams said there would be some more shortlisting done next week.

Last edited by wimpy on Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:12 pm

wimpy wrote:Down at Noarlunga today many names were bandied around as the future coach of the Eagles.
Richard Douglas, Hamish Hartlett, Brett Ebert and Nathan Grima were also bandied around.

I'd be astounded if they went for Grima. Was average at best in his two years with Sturt. Now coaching a Division 3 side (although I understand his team has been good this year). Coaching Div 3 is just too much of a backwards step in my opinion.

Wright - I am not a fan of appointing players who have come immediately from playing. He has no experience being a head coach.

Hartlett - might be playing-coach of come team on Kangaroo Island? I don't think he's had enough experience given he was playing with West last year.

Younie - could be ok. Did reasonably well at the Crows without winning a GF. Not sure if he has any links to any Crows squad members who may be delisted at season's end who he could entice to the Eagles?

Douglas/Ebert - the big unknowns. I have no idea what they have been doing in terms of coaching since retiring a few years back. But they fit the criteria in terms of age, having SANFL and AFL experience, and only being a few years out of the game.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Headfan Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:39 pm

Titan2 wrote:
wimpy wrote:Down at Noarlunga today many names were bandied around as the future coach of the Eagles.
Richard Douglas, Hamish Hartlett, Brett Ebert and Nathan Grima were also bandied around.

I'd be astounded if they went for Grima. Was average at best in his two years with Sturt. Now coaching a Division 3 side (although I understand his team has been good this year). Coaching Div 3 is just too much of a backwards step in my opinion.

Wright - I am not a fan of appointing players who have come immediately from playing. He has no experience being a head coach.

Hartlett - might be playing-coach of come team on Kangaroo Island? I don't think he's had enough experience given he was playing with West last year.

Younie - could be ok. Did reasonably well at the Crows without winning a GF. Not sure if he has any links to any Crows squad members who may be delisted at season's end who he could entice to the Eagles?

Douglas/Ebert - the big unknowns. I have no idea what they have been doing in terms of coaching since retiring a few years back. But they fit the criteria in terms of age, having SANFL and AFL experience, and only being a few years out of the game.

I think that either of the 2 ex-North Adelaide players could be ok. Of the 2, I have a preference for Younie because of his coaching experience, his desire to help develop young players and his current role as SANFL Pathways Coach & Player Developer.
Titan2 pretty well summed up the other 4 mentioned by wimpy.
There may be applicants with even better credentials.
Headfan
Headfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:22 pm

Titan2 wrote:

Matty Wright sounds ideal. Lots of experience at Adelaide, Carlton and is a player the Crows use to develop their kids.
Heath Younie was an assistant coach (forwards coach) at North Melbourne in 2021. He works as SANFL Pathways Coach & Player Developer..

https://sanfl.com.au/league/news/younie-yearns-to-develop-sanfl-talent/
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:58 am

Goddsy11 wrote:
Titan2 wrote:

Matty Wright sounds ideal. Lots of experience at Adelaide, Carlton and is a player the Crows use to develop their kids.
Heath Younie was an assistant coach (forwards coach) at North Melbourne in 2021. He works as SANFL Pathways Coach & Player Developer..

https://sanfl.com.au/league/news/younie-yearns-to-develop-sanfl-talent/

Matty Wright and Heath Younie hmm I like these names . If I see my crows man this week I’ll ask him what he thinks
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:51 am

Titan2 wrote:

All I was doing was mentioning names supporters had thrown up. The club would most probably not be considering Grima.
"Titan2", I thought you were a little harsh on Matthew Wright, he's basically been making up the numbers the last few years, but would have had a great insight in to what is needed to succeed in the SANFL. He would have had a little exposure to coaching, but highly involved in development and also a good grounding in coaching philosophies.
I doubt if Sheedy had this quality of exposure, his coaching experience was at a considerably lower level but still did a fantastic job.
I'm not saying I think Wright is the best person to coach the Eagles but he shouldn't be written off either.
Sheedy came in from coaching in a lower competition and did extremely well, with lesser credentials.

Last edited by wimpy on Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:33 am

wimpy wrote:
Titan2 wrote:

All I was doing was mentioning names supporters had thrown up. The club would most probably not be considering Grima.
"Titan2", I thought you were a little harsh on Matthew Wright, he's basically been making up the numbers the last few years, but would have had a great insight in to what is needed to succeed in the SANFL. He would have had a little exposure to coaching, but highly involved in development and also a good grounding in coaching philosophies.
I doubt if Sheedy had this quality of exposure, his coaching experience was at a considerably lower level but still did a fantastic job.
I'm not saying I think Wright is the best person to coach the Eagles but he shouldn't be written off either.
Sheedy came in from  

I wouldn't be disappointed it that was the case.
cheers
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheedsb2b Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:38 pm

Matt wright retired but is becoming a development coach at crows
Sheedsb2b
Sheedsb2b

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:17 pm

Comments heard about the "Eagles" next coach.

"Definitely Heath Younie, you can put your house on it".
"Definitely Michael Barlow, you can take it to the bank".

Heard John Casey on the radio today and he said he knew who will be the Eagles new coach but couldn't disclose the name.
If Casey's statement is correct why hasn't the club released it?
Could it be because Michael Barlow is coaching Werribee in the Grand Final on Sunday.
Just throwing up a few things to consider.

I also heard the Scott Thompson one, but discounted that one, I'd spew if he was appointed our coach.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:41 pm

wimpy wrote:Comments heard about the "Eagles" next coach.

"Definitely Heath Younie, you can put your house on it".
"Definitely Michael Barlow, you can take it to the bank".

Heard John Casey on the radio today and he said he knew who will be the Eagles new coach but couldn't disclose the name.
If Casey's statement is correct why hasn't the club released it?
Could it be because Michael Barlow is coaching Werribee in the Grand Final on Sunday.
Just throwing up a few things to consider.

I also heard the Scott Thompson one, but discounted that one, I'd spew if he was appointed our coach.

What sort of money is a SANFL coach on to allow someone from interstate relocate here? It would have to include some employment as well.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:49 pm

If Scott Thompson gets the gig there’d be a riot at Oval Avenue.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Headfan Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:56 pm

Hey, I see Nick Hayes plays for Werribee and will be in a forward pocket in the VFL Grand Final vs Gold Coast on Sunday at Ikon Park. The Big W, coached by Barlow, has won their last 17 games to reach the GF.
No, unfortunately, it won’t be Nick Hayes vs James Tsitas as Tsitas (C) will miss the GF through suspension.
Could we see Nick back at the Eagles if Michael Barlow gets the coaching gig? We can only dream!
Headfan
Headfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Headfan Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:57 pm

Hey, I see Nick Hayes plays for Werribee and will be in a forward pocket in the VFL Grand Final vs Gold Coast on Sunday at Ikon Park. The Big W, coached by Barlow, has won their last 17 games to reach the GF.
No, unfortunately, it won’t be Nick Hayes vs James Tsitas as Tsitas (C) will miss the GF through suspension.
Could we see Nick back at the Eagles if Michael Barlow gets the coaching gig? We can only dream!
Headfan
Headfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next