The Barton
Mickyj
Headfan
14 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

New Coach 2024 - Suggestions - Page 8 Empty Re: New Coach 2024 - Suggestions

Post by Headfan Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:15 pm

Titan2 wrote:Looking forward to having Big Red leading us towards victory in 2024.

Would he be the youngest coach in the SANFL now? Will be interesting to see whether he is able to entice any promising players to the club due to existing links e.g. delisted players from the Crows. He also has strong links to Yorkes so I guess we'll see an influx from that region (although we always do). Does Flagstaff Footy club play in the Southern League? I'm assuming he'd have good intel on players in that competition and not just his own team.

Colville as assistant is interesting. Would he have been one of the applicants for the senior role I wonder? Or did we recruit separately for the assistant role? Would Jacobs have requested Colville's appointment?

I think Colville's presence will be useful for Jacobs given his experience as a senior SANFL coach.

Maybe Gavin was an applicant for main coach, but it would have been strange seeing he was on the Selection Committee. I suggest he offered (or was asked by Committee or Sauce) to be Senior Assistant Coach to Sauce.
Definitely a good appointment. Knows as much about mid-field coaching as anyone at SANFL level.
Headfan
Headfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:18 pm

Mickyj wrote:I saw Jacobs interview on 7 on Facebook very good . Seems he did his ACL last year and was in the crows SANFL coaches box with Gods . And he’s undertaken a lot of coaching courses .

Did his knee last year, he played at Flagstaff Hill this year, Zane Kirkwood is the coach there, suspect Sam would have been invaluable for both his skill, experience and leadership. They won the GF and Sam was BOG, was runner up in the SFL medal behind another ex Eagle Marc Borholm.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:08 pm

Have we announced who will coach the seconds yet ?
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:18 pm

Mickyj wrote:
wimpy wrote:Who will be the reserves coach? I wouldn't mind seeing Jesse Lonergan be given the role.
He seemed to get on well with fellow team mates and usually provided a lot of on field instruction, especially when playing in the reserves.
A great choice wimpy I agree with you

Unfortunatley it won't be Jesse Lonergan. He will be a line coach at Norwood. Tassie connection.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8