Mickyj
Gazz
The Barton
Goddsy11
wimpy
14 posters

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

WHAT DOES 2021 HOLD FOR THE EAGLES? - Page 9 Empty Re: WHAT DOES 2021 HOLD FOR THE EAGLES?

Post by hawke Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:31 pm

The confirmation, at last, of Dane McFarlane's signing is especially pleasing - from YouTube, he looks to be a classy rebounding defender (Mansell -like).
Only position not covered is a good recognised big ruckman to cover Redden's loss as he hopefully recovers. Wimpy may be right re new tall defender Stephen Mills filling the gap but his stats (averaged 2 marks/game) weren't strong. Of course, Jack Hayes will continue as the best BACKUP (short) ruckman in SANFL.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

WHAT DOES 2021 HOLD FOR THE EAGLES? - Page 9 Empty Re: WHAT DOES 2021 HOLD FOR THE EAGLES?

Post by Eagles35 Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:34 pm

Can someone tell me or us what redden did or surgery as i haven't kept in touch with the injuries since the grand final and the injury list possibly hasn't changed over
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:52 am

hawke wrote:The confirmation, at last, of Dane McFarlane's signing is especially pleasing - from YouTube, he looks to be a classy rebounding defender (Mansell -like).
Only position not covered is a good recognised big ruckman to cover Redden's loss as he hopefully recovers. Wimpy may be right re new tall defender Stephen Mills filling the gap but his stats (averaged 2 marks/game) weren't strong. Of course, Jack Hayes will continue as the best BACKUP (short) ruckman in SANFL.

Went to training last night, Stephen Mills trained but only did laps as he has a sore ankle.

Cooper Sharman and Mitch Hardie still yet to arrive.

Mills is about 6'6" and slender. I just think Jack Hayes will do quite a bit of rucking. The coach seems to like his coverage around the ground.

Cooper Gaffney and Kerrish have been training.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:47 pm

Wimpy, thank you for all of your information from the training sessions. Besides being present and viewing the training, from whom are you getting your info from re the intentions of Sheedy with the use of Stephen Mills? Without big Redden, centre bounces may be a problem against the likes of South's Ian Hunter and Norwood's Stephen Knoll although Jack Hayes would match or beat them in general field play. Guess there's no big key ruckman in the recruiting pipeline to be announced?
Anyway, keep the info coming - much appreciated.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:43 pm

hawke wrote:Wimpy, thank you for all of your information from the training sessions. Besides being present and viewing the training, from whom are you getting your info from re the intentions of Sheedy  with the use of Stephen Mills?   Without big Redden, centre bounces may be a problem against the likes of South's Paul Hunter and Norwood's Stephen Knoll although Jack Hayes would match or beat them in general field play.  Guess there's no big key ruckman in the recruiting pipeline to be announced?
Anyway, keep the info coming - much appreciated.
CFA .  Ian Hunter was the dodgey Labor minister in Wetherill's goverment. Very Happy
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Woody Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:57 pm

Our two boys currently playing in the ‘Top End’ [NTFL] are in scintillating form.                                                                              

Both James Tsitas and Dane McFarlane have made the NT FOOTBALL TOP 20 PLAYERS: 2020/2021.  
McFarlane is ranked 3rd and Tsitas 4th. Below are comments on the boys.

3. DANE McFARLANE (WANDERERS)
“McFarlane came into the competition with a strong VFL reputation – so we always knew that he would be a valuable inclusion for Wanderers – but his style of football has transitioned exceptionally well to the NTFL.
A genuine game-breaker for the Eagles with his run-and-carry, McFarlane has also shown an ability to accumulate the football, notching up a 40-plus possession game against Palmerston.”

MAGNET MCFARLANE'S 41:
Wanderers [Eagles] star Dane McFarlane gathered a competition-high 41 disposals on the weekend against Palmerston.                                                                                                                                                                                         It equals Districts' James Tsitas' effort from earlier in the season.
The Eagles midfielder also had a dozen inside 50s and kicked a goal.
McFarlane is in excellent form and is quickly establishing himself as one of the best players in the competition.

Watch DANE McFARLANE – Play of the Round: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac-kRVpbPmw

4. JAMES TSITAS (SOUTHERN DISTRICTS)
“A star midfielder who has one of the most sought-after signatures in State League football.                                          Tsitas made the shock move to Southern Districts after playing in Nightcliff’s premiership winning team last season.
The SANFL premiership player has been exceptional for the Crocs and had a competition equal high 41-possession game earlier in the season.”

JAMES TSITAS - Play of the Round: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEhuZ-PZ53Q

Go You Mighty Eagle Boys!
Woody
Woody

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:40 pm

Woody, good report. Yeah, we learnt the class of James Tsitas last season and,  his mate, Dane McFarlane, may be as good.
Disappointing that covid NSW restrictions are holding up our 2 boys, Mitch Hardie and Cooper Sharman, also 2 classy players. Unsure whether they would be allowed to train with their local country clubs or have to isolate, causing loss of fitness and coming into the season underdone.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:27 am

So of the premiership team, we have 6 officially out, 2 more likely out and 1 whose start to the season will be disrupted by recovering from surgery?

Who will replace them?

Nick Hayes out for Cooper Sharman
James Rowe out for Zane Williams
Sam Lowson out for Troy Menzel
Lachy McNeil out for Riley Knight
Jacob Wehr out for Dane McFarlane
Lachy Jones out for Rory Lehmann
Jordan Foote out for Koby Mutch
Rhyan Mansell out for Chris Hall
Jarrad Redden out for Jordan West until he returns

Recruits not named above: Clay Cameron, Mitch Hardie, Daniel Menzel, Rhys Mutch, Stephen Mills, Cooper Gaffney, Seb Kerrish.

Plus Reserves who have league experience: Seymour, Pudney, Lee, Haylock, Mead, Moore, Sharrad.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:27 am

The club hasn't officially told us on website about Foote in the ins and outs so wonder if they'll do so or not same as in emails
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:51 am

There's a story that when Jordan returned to Sydney at the end of 2019, Sheedy chased him and convinced him to sign late. Perhaps, the hope is that Jordan will have second thoughts again. And what a great bunch of midfielders that would make in our dreams Foote Sinor Tsitas Knight McFarlane (3rd ranked NTFL player 41 possession midfielder) and a fit Lonergan (1st time). And haven't even included Kobe Mutch who we don't know much about other than he played 1 quiet game for Essendon.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:52 am

Eagles35 wrote:The club hasn't officially told us on website about Foote in the ins and outs so wonder if they'll do so or not same as in emails

I think if things don't work out for Jordan Foote he might again play for the Eagles but this is a very, very slim chance, until this is sorted I think his departure won't be announced.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:34 am

Aerie wrote:So of the premiership team, we have 6 officially out, 2 more likely out and 1 whose start to the season will be disrupted by recovering from surgery?

Who will replace them?

Nick Hayes out for Cooper Sharman
James Rowe out for Zane Williams
Sam Lowson out for Troy Menzel
Lachy McNeil out for Riley Knight
Jacob Wehr out for Dane McFarlane
Lachy Jones out for Rory Lehmann
Jordan Foote out for Koby Mutch
Rhyan Mansell out for Chris Hall
Jarrad Redden out for Jordan West until he returns

Recruits not named above: Clay Cameron, Mitch Hardie, Daniel Menzel, Rhys Mutch, Stephen Mills, Cooper Gaffney, Seb Kerrish.

Plus Reserves who have league experience: Seymour, Pudney, Lee, Haylock, Mead, Moore, Sharrad.

Looks a very powerful side when laid out. I expect Seymour and Pudney to be more prominent.

Eagles35 has asked a couple times in regard to Reddens' surgery. Does anyone know what is was and timing? He such a big boy that recovery time and fitness will be an issue.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:56 am

Would be good if the Eagles gave more information to their very interested members on matters such as Reddo's injury. We can only guess what type of op ?, when?, how long for expected return?. If shouder reconstruction and done in late November, expect/hope for July for his return. Unfortunately, in these shoulder injuries/post surgery, can't run without pain for some time so yes, loss of general fitness also a problem.
A massive hole to fill and with no other recognised big ruckman on the horizon, can Jordan West seize this moment? He has had opportunities in the past!
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Woody Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:04 am

If the Eagles have any coin left in our on-field budget, I would encourage Luke and Sheeds to sign-up a 16 yr old St Mary's [NTFL] player - 'Beau Tedcastle'. This kid reminds me of Matthew Stokes. He made his league debut this season, was nominated as a Rising Star after just 5 games, has kicked over 20 goals in the first 8 games, is not afraid of the big bodied blokes and is quick and skilful around the goal face.
He would be an ideal replacement for Rowey, and he wants to head south after the NTFL season has finished.

Check him out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cxmc2aYo5E
Woody
Woody

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:21 pm

Woody wrote:If the Eagles have any coin left in our on-field budget, I would encourage Luke and Sheeds to sign-up a 16 yr old St Mary's [NTFL] player - 'Beau Tedcastle'. This kid reminds me of Matthew Stokes. He made his league debut this season, was nominated as a Rising Star after just 5 games, has kicked over 20 goals in the first 8 games, is not afraid of the big bodied blokes and is quick and skilful around the goal face.
He would be an ideal replacement for Rowey, and he wants to head south after the NTFL season has finished.

Looks really good. I may pass though as I would fear PA would grab him as a NG talent. I hate seeing our players go to them. Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:26 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Woody wrote:If the Eagles have any coin left in our on-field budget, I would encourage Luke and Sheeds to sign-up a 16 yr old St Mary's [NTFL] player - 'Beau Tedcastle'. This kid reminds me of Matthew Stokes. He made his league debut this season, was nominated as a Rising Star after just 5 games, has kicked over 20 goals in the first 8 games, is not afraid of the big bodied blokes and is quick and skilful around the goal face.

Looks really good. I may pass though as I would fear PA would grab him as a NG talent. I hate seeing our players go to them. Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad
I would think he would be some how tied to the Gold Coast Suns.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:30 pm

A small update from training to night.

Jarrad Redden trained for the first time after his shoulder op.

Dan Menzel was off the bike and participated in training.

Cooper Sharman to arrive Sunday and Mitch Hardie to arrive Tuesday, they don't have to isolate.

I believe Reddo and wife have just had a baby. Good luck to them.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:41 pm

23rd of December and.Judah is the name of the baby, he's a Christian that's why they've named it that name
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:19 pm

Presuming Redden’s op was for the shoulder he injured in the Prelim Final? It seems these are generally a 4-6 month recovery? May not miss too much of the season if all goes well. Only need to see the 2nd quarter of the GF to see how important he was in getting us going.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:50 am

SANFL draw was supposed to be released yesterday but held up, very close to being released.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:52 am

They said February it was meant to be released originally so don't know where your hearing this from
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:54 am

Do hope it's a fair one with not too many Sundays as i can't attend Sunday's till minor rounds have finished though I've got a digital pass its no where the same as being there
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:57 am

Unless its a special occasion or easter or something
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:47 pm

Eagles35 wrote:Do hope it's a fair one with not too many Sundays as i can't attend Sunday's till minor rounds have finished though I've got a digital pass its no where the same as being there

Christine Williams.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

WHAT DOES 2021 HOLD FOR THE EAGLES? - Page 9 Empty all good news, from your training report, Wimpy. Did Jarred appear to be using his arm freely not weightbearing or contact pressure of course?

Post by hawke Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:22 pm

wimpy wrote:A small update from training to night.

Jarrad Redden trained for the first time after his shoulder op.

Dan Menzel was off the bike and participated in training.

Cooper Sharman to arrive Sunday and Mitch Hardie to arrive Tuesday, they don't have to isolate.

I believe Reddo and wife have just had a baby. Good luck to them.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next