Sun May 30 - Eagles v Nwd (Eagles Auskick Day & SANFL Kids Round)

+7
Columbo
Eagal07
Flash
eaglehaslanded
zest
MightyEagles
PhilH
11 posters

Go down

Sun May 30 - Eagles v Nwd (Eagles Auskick Day & SANFL Kids Round) Empty Sun May 30 - Eagles v Nwd (Eagles Auskick Day & SANFL Kids Round)

Post by PhilH Thu May 20, 2010 4:23 pm

Next Home Game - Sun May 30th v Norwood @ Woodville

It's both the EAGLES AUSKICK DAY & SANFL HEART FOUNDATION KIDS ROUND

What that means is no shortage of family fun and activities on the day.

- Pre-game there is a parade of all the auskick participants in our zone.

- We will have a jumping castle and face painting

- The "E-ZONE" will be launched, a special area for Eagles junior members to watch the game

- Plenty of competitons and giveaways on the days including some Heart Foundation "Jump Rope For Heart" events.

- Plus the usual Centro Arndale Kick for Cash, $200 up for grabs.
PhilH
PhilH

Back to top Go down

Sun May 30 - Eagles v Nwd (Eagles Auskick Day & SANFL Kids Round) Empty Re: Sun May 30 - Eagles v Nwd (Eagles Auskick Day & SANFL Kids Round)

Post by MightyEagles Sat May 22, 2010 3:56 pm

i believe that it is now $400. Plus it will be a triple header, with the u18s playing first at 8.40 am.
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Sun May 30 - Eagles v Nwd (Eagles Auskick Day & SANFL Kids Round) Empty Re: Sun May 30 - Eagles v Nwd (Eagles Auskick Day & SANFL Kids Round)

Post by MightyEagles Mon May 24, 2010 8:47 pm

This is a triple header.

U18s 8.40 am
Reserves 11.25 am
League 2.10 pm
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by zest Mon May 24, 2010 9:54 pm

all fixed now
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eaglehaslanded Tue May 25, 2010 8:46 pm

This is a real danger game for us. We're up against a form team in Norwood. Still without Grocke and as we've seen that leaves a real hole in the side. Salter has been down on form recently. We need to find enough avenues in front of goal to kick a winning score. It should be intersting around the selection table this week - has Staple been doing enough in the B's to earn a recall. At home we need to bounce back to prove we are worthy of a top 3 spot this season. C'mon you mighty Eagles.
eaglehaslanded
eaglehaslanded

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash Tue May 25, 2010 9:32 pm

can anyone tell me what Dawson has to do to get a game in the 1's - is it because he is not tall enough? He plays taller than he is.......and in my humble opinion deserves a go........he surely couldn't do any worse than any other "fringe" player!!
We have definitely missed Grocke.......3 weeks later and I still think he was hard done by!
Flash
Flash

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagal07 Tue May 25, 2010 9:46 pm

Hey Flash.......I couldn't agree more.......give they young guy a go! Looking forward to SANFL kids round.....just what we need at Woodville - the future of our club......have fun kids
Eagal07

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Wed May 26, 2010 9:22 am

IMO the main thing holding dawson back at this stage is consistency. He is a good kick for goal, seems to be pretty athletic and on his day can probably turn a game. I think he is probably capable of so much more than he has shown so far this year though, I said on another thread that I think the injuries he suffered last year have probably put him back a fair way in his development, they have already cost him a spot on the Power's main list, hopefully he can stay injury free and string some good consistesnt games together and keep his name up there. When he is on song he makes the basics look exciting and is good to watch but just needs to be a bit more consistent with the basics IMO. He actually reminds me a bit of Brett Burton so if he can follow in the birdmans footsteps he could have a bright future.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Wed May 26, 2010 10:57 pm

Dawson is not tall or physically strong enough to play league full forward. He can take a big mark for his size and is fast on a lead. Strangely, he doesn't seem able to play the half forward flank role very well. The Club tried him on the wing, HF flank, HB flank in trials, and forward pocket - presently trying to learn his trade as a HF flanker but doesn't seem to know where to go to get a kick - likes the ball coming in to him. Still a fair way off selection and would expect after the U18 championship, that Jared Polec, a natural HF flanker will be preferred. Still, Dawson has the athletic attributes for a small forward - he only has to learn the footy smarts of creative, evasive, crumbing, team football rather than just the one effort "speccy" or straight line lead. Hope he succeeds.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu May 27, 2010 7:00 pm

Salter and Schulz are emergencies I wonder if 1 or both will come into the Eagles team
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EaglesFan18 Thu May 27, 2010 11:39 pm

You would hope Both Of them Play
EaglesFan18
EaglesFan18

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri May 28, 2010 8:38 am

EaglesFan18 wrote:You would hope Both Of them Play

some talk Schulz is being rested by the power
Will be interesting at training tonight
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Fri May 28, 2010 8:46 pm

We've got Williams.
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri May 28, 2010 9:36 pm

To say this is an important game for the Eagles is an understatement.
A few whispers that "gods" and co have laid down the law .Personally saw the skipper have a few words Wednesday night with the entire squad .
I would not like to be Norwood Sunday .

Go eagles !!
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat May 29, 2010 5:03 pm

With the Power taking Salter.I wonder which of the three guys listed in the league side that went back to the seconds will come up .
Will Jay Schulz play at CHB where he used to star as a junior before moving across to the AWFUL!!
This will also release Mackenzie perhaps to become a tall on baller.That is if Schulz plays with us Shocked
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat May 29, 2010 5:04 pm

MightyEagles wrote:We've got Williams.
and deboy
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sat May 29, 2010 9:02 pm

For those not able to get there, radio coverage on RPH Adelaide 1197am from 1.30pm. www.rphadelaide.org.au
PhilH
PhilH

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Sun May 30, 2010 7:12 pm

U18s won yay.

Eagles 13.9.87
Norwood 5.10.40
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle014 Sun May 30, 2010 8:01 pm

Not a good result from the ressies & league today. At least we got one winner with the 18's. I saw the last 3 quarters & we have some very good up & coming juniors. Especially when we heard tonight from the coach Terry Hutton that we had 3 under 16's playing for us.
Well unfortunately the club didn't give the best players from the Centrals game so can only tell you about today's game.
Reserves:
1st - Jacky
2nd - Culley
3rd - Banner
4th - Elliot
5th - Davoren
6th Rayner
League:
1st - Lewis
2nd - Schulz
3rd - Grieger
4th Daniel
Eagle014
Eagle014

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon May 31, 2010 5:34 pm

Eagle014 wrote:Not a good result from the ressies & league today. At least we got one winner with the 18's. I saw the last 3 quarters & we have some very good up & coming juniors. Especially when we heard tonight from the coach Terry Hutton that we had 3 under 16's playing for us.
Well unfortunately the club didn't give the best players from the Centrals game so can only tell you about today's game.
Reserves:
1st - Jacky
2nd - Culley
3rd - Banner
4th - Elliot
5th - Davoren
6th Rayner
League:
1st - Lewis
2nd - Schulz
3rd - Grieger
4th Daniel

Your joking Jacky and Banner !!! geez I did watch the entire boring losing game !!

And the league what a disgrace .Once again poor kicking loses games and slow legs do as well.

I'm calm now
Very Happy
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle014 Mon May 31, 2010 7:17 pm

I thought you would be surprised with the ressies 1st & 3rd Mickyj, just as surprised as I was that Cica didn't make our first 4.
Eagle014
Eagle014

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon May 31, 2010 7:40 pm

Eagle014 wrote:I thought you would be surprised with the ressies 1st & 3rd Mickyj, just as surprised as I was that Cica didn't make our first 4.

Yes very surprised If I drank I'd go and get drunk over that!!
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash Mon May 31, 2010 9:13 pm

I agree with you (Eagle014 and Mickyj). Cicca worked his butt off all day and was one of the few eagles prepared to get dirty by fighting for the hard ball. When Cicca, Lowie, Powell and Parry were on the ball, the eagles were often first to the ball, but when the eventual changes were made the second crew struggled to get theirs hands on the ball.
I only watched the second half of the ressies, but I thought Jacky struggled, especially his lack of defencive skliis.
Flash
Flash

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:24 pm

Flash wrote:I agree with you (Eagle014 and Mickyj). Cicca worked his butt off all day and was one of the few eagles prepared to get dirty by fighting for the hard ball. When Cicca, Lowie, Powell and Parry were on the ball, the eagles were often first to the ball, but when the eventual changes were made the second crew struggled to get theirs hands on the ball.
I only watched the second half of the ressies, but I thought Jacky struggled, especially his lack of defencive skliis.

Flash JJ was worse in the first half played on a hbf .
Yep our second liners are having problems at present .we lack pace like always
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down