SANFL Round 1 Eagles v North Adelaide Maughan Thiem KIA Oval

+2
wimpy
Columbo
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SANFL Round 1 Eagles v North Adelaide  Maughan Thiem KIA Oval Empty SANFL Round 1 Eagles v North Adelaide Maughan Thiem KIA Oval

Post by Mickyj Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:28 pm

Sunday 31/3/19
Reserves 10.30am
League 1.10pm
SANFLW 3.45pm

Round 1 is upon us looking forward to watching footy live .
Interested in seeing the new rules brought in by the AFL
Also interested to actually see the new game plan
Yes I’ve started this topic early
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

SANFL Round 1 Eagles v North Adelaide  Maughan Thiem KIA Oval Empty Re: SANFL Round 1 Eagles v North Adelaide Maughan Thiem KIA Oval

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:17 pm

Not early Micky. Its next Sunday. We need the points more than looking good. Plus a bit of revenge. 1.10 pm is early. Unfortunately it clashes with the AFLW GF . This may lessen the crowd. Is this game televised as I wonder why it is Sunday.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

SANFL Round 1 Eagles v North Adelaide  Maughan Thiem KIA Oval Empty Re: SANFL Round 1 Eagles v North Adelaide Maughan Thiem KIA Oval

Post by Mickyj Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:20 pm

goddy11 wrote:Not early Micky. Its next Sunday. We need the points more than looking good. Plus a bit of revenge. 1.10 pm is early. Unfortunately it clashes with the AFLW GF . This may lessen the crowd. Is this game televised as I wonder why it is Sunday.
Yep we’ve talked about the AFLW here at home  . But I’ll be watching the eagles.
It is a triple header not sure if it’s a TV game but they couldn’t show the AFLW gf and our game .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:59 pm

We may have stuffed the day up because of the womens GF. A stand alone game may have been good because of public interest but its not to be. I will still be there and watching the girls in the cricket club and cheering our win.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:56 pm

Mickyj wrote:
goddy11 wrote:Not early Micky. Its next Sunday. We need the points more than looking good. Plus a bit of revenge. 1.10 pm is early. Unfortunately it clashes with the AFLW GF . This may lessen the crowd. Is this game televised as I wonder why it is Sunday.
Yep we’ve talked about the AFLW here at home  . But I’ll be watching the eagles.
It is a triple header not sure if it’s a TV game but they couldn’t show the AFLW gf and our game .

TV starts round 2, SEN covering our game...I think.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:17 pm

Just a minor point but we only have 42 players named for the two senior teams, should be 44, the SANFL has now gone to 22 players a team!!!!!
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:25 pm

wimpy wrote:Just a minor point but we only have 42 players named for the two senior teams, should be 44, the SANFL has now gone to 22 players a team!!!!!
I can’t copy the side but if you count them
League team names 27 players
Seconds team names 18 players 
That is 45 players
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:37 pm

SANFL Round 1 Eagles v North Adelaide  Maughan Thiem KIA Oval Round-10
SANFL Round 1 Eagles v North Adelaide  Maughan Thiem KIA Oval Round-11
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:40 pm

Mickyj wrote:
wimpy wrote:Just a minor point but we only have 42 players named for the two senior teams, should be 44, the SANFL has now gone to 22 players a team!!!!!
That is 45 players

I think wimpy is correct. As a replay of the prelim I believe the SANFL has requested us playing 1 short. Very Happy Very Happy
The U18 have 7 on their interchange.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:05 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:
That is 45 players

I think wimpy is correct. As a replay of the prelim I believe the SANFL has requested us playing 1 short. Very Happy Very Happy
So u18 and league both have 7 on the bench like i said
All good 
Not a bad looking side I’ll guess west will second ruck
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:26 pm

24 in the league line-up but who is counting. Very Happy
Pardon my ignorance but Foote and Lonergan. What positions are they here to play. Foote is HBF ?? Since Nutsy left we need some rebound there. I cant see Ben Nason in either team. The league side looks strong.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:32 pm

goddy11 wrote:24  in the league line-up but who is counting. Very Happy
Pardon my ignorance but Foote and Lonergan. What positions are they here to play. Foote is HBF ?? Since Nutsy left we need some rebound there. I cant see Ben Nason in either team. The league side looks strong.

Look again there’s 21 named 6 on the bench 
I checked again there is 6 named on the bench
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:07 pm

Here’s what the sanfl say about this weeks side

The Eagles are poised to unleash two big-bodied midfielders against North on Sunday.
Former Suns on-baller Jesse Lonergan (183cm and 93kg) and ex-Sydney Swan Jordan Foote (184cm and 81kg) will start on the field for the Eagles in the Preliminary Final rematch.
Jake Weidemann, the son of Eagles premiership midfielder Wayne Weidemann, could make his SANFL Statewide Super League debut after being named on the extended interchange bench.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:35 pm

Mickyj wrote:
goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:
That is 45 players

All good 

Mickyj I don't know what you are counting.
League:
Try 3 x 6 = 18
Plus 6 on the interchange = 24 of which two will drop back to the reserves.

The reserves have named 18. 6 x 3 = 18 plus 2 dropped from the league squad makes 20, two short of 22.
I don't know what school you went to Mickyj.

Firstly underdale high and for months 2017/18 Thebarton senior college
Wimpy I’m not sure you read the team list on the email 18 on the field three in the ruck that is 21 then the eagles have named 6 on the bench that equals 27
Count them idiot me who could help your grandkids read in reception class did
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:44 pm

goddy11 wrote:24  in the league line-up but who is counting. Very Happy

I think you'll find the team pretty well scrambled to not give away too much. Foote being our fittest player would surely play on the ball. Lonergan lacking fitness might start at halfback.
Hope we don't see Nason in any of our teams for the rest of the year. Just taking up a position of a younger player.
The league would look much stronger if Guilhaus, Sharrad, Firns and Toumpas were included, we just lack height.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:09 pm

Will be interesting to see how the new era goes. I'm guessing Wayne Weidemann and David Foote would've played some footy together at Torrens - hopefully their sons go well in their debut for the club.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:46 pm

I initially like our new website but after a few weeks its gone backwards. To in your face with photos. I also went to the player profiles. No info on them at all.

Other than that GO Eagles on Sunday.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:30 am

wimpy wrote:
Mickyj wrote:
goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:
That is 45 players

All good 

Mickyj I don't know what you are counting.
League:
Try 3 x 6 = 18
Plus 6 on the interchange = 24 of which two will drop back to the reserves.

The reserves have named 18. 6 x 3 = 18 plus 2 dropped from the league squad makes 20, two short of 22.
I don't know what school you went to Mickyj
I’ll change my reply
It still shows 6 on the bench some will go to the seconds
By the way my education level legally I’m trained to help reception kids read I guess that’s scary or to help the elderly as well which might be scarier lmao
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:01 am

[/quote]

I’ll write this simply for you wimpy the number of players on the eagles email equals 27 or 18 listed (18 in total) on the field 3 in the ruck that’s 21 18 and 6 on the bench
Of course I know players will go to the seconds
By the way my education level legally I’m trained to help reception kids read I guess that’s scary [/quote]

Sorry Micky , you have just not counted correctly.
This is the same as any line-up on a footy field that has appears on coaches boards for 150 years.

League
F: Johansen, N. Hayes, Petrenko
HF: Poole, J. Hayes, Haylock
C: Hall, Sinor, Boyd
HB: Foote, Thompson, Goldsworthy
B: Giuffreda, Von Bertouch, J. Gaffney

R: Redden, Lonergan, Lewis
INT: Rowe, Weidemann, Rowland, Westbrook, Schmusch, West
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:47 am

I’ll write this simply for you wimpy the number of players on the eagles email equals 27 or 18 listed (18 in total) on the field 3 in the ruck that’s 21 18 and 6 on the bench
Of course I know players will go to the seconds
By the way my education level legally I’m trained to help reception kids read I guess that’s scary [/quote]

Sorry Micky , you have just not counted correctly.
This is the same as any line-up on a footy field that has appears on coaches boards for 150 years.

League
F: Johansen, N. Hayes, Petrenko
HF: Poole, J. Hayes, Haylock
C: Hall, Sinor, Boyd
HB: Foote, Thompson, Goldsworthy
B: Giuffreda, Von Bertouch, J. Gaffney

R: Redden, Lonergan, Lewis
INT: Rowe, Weidemann, Rowland, Westbrook, Schmusch, West[/quote]

I actually changed my reply removed what I wrote
How did you quote me lol
My last reply said 6 on the bench and some will drop down to the seconds
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:59 am

Sorry Micky, I have just retired and have to much time on my hand. Ill might meet you at the oval one day. Ill be the one with an Eagles tee shirt on. Very Happy
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:11 am

goddy11 wrote:Sorry Micky, I have just retired and have to much time on my hand. Ill might meet you at the oval one day. Ill be the one with an Eagles tee shirt  on. Very Happy

No worries
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:13 am

For some reason my posts are either not posting .
Or are only partly posting
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:50 am

U18s won 147 to 53
U16 lost 62 to 61 (1 point)
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:58 pm

Seconds won 16.10 to 11.6
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next