Round 3 Eagles v Adelaide Saturday 13 April Maughan Thiem Kia Oval

5 posters

Go down

Round 3 Eagles v Adelaide Saturday 13 April Maughan Thiem Kia Oval Empty Round 3 Eagles v Adelaide Saturday 13 April Maughan Thiem Kia Oval

Post by Mickyj Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:54 pm

Seconds start 10.15
League start 1.10
Women 3.45 pm

Hopefully we get some players back and play the game , the way we did fourth quarter last week.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 3 Eagles v Adelaide Saturday 13 April Maughan Thiem Kia Oval Empty Re: Round 3 Eagles v Adelaide Saturday 13 April Maughan Thiem Kia Oval

Post by Mickyj Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:54 pm

Round 3 Eagles v Adelaide Saturday 13 April Maughan Thiem Kia Oval Round-12
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 3 Eagles v Adelaide Saturday 13 April Maughan Thiem Kia Oval Empty Re: Round 3 Eagles v Adelaide Saturday 13 April Maughan Thiem Kia Oval

Post by Mickyj Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:55 pm

Round 3 Eagles v Adelaide Saturday 13 April Maughan Thiem Kia Oval Round-13
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:06 pm

Chris Hall on interchange. They had him 2-3 weeks out.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:17 pm

Went to training, Joe Sinor will not play, did an ankle in the last 5 minutes of the match against Sturt and hasn't come up. Hally didn't train and Weidemann trained with the reserves. Emergencies Mead and West trained with the league.
Toumpas and Lonergan trained with the reserves and looked OK, would expect both to be available next week. Nick Hayes ran laps, would think he would start ball handling next week.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:41 pm

wimpy wrote:Went to training, Joe Sinor will not play, did an ankle in the last 5 minutes of the match against Sturt and hasn't come up. Hally didn't train and Weidemann trained with the reserves. Emergencies Mead and West trained with the league.
Toumpas and Lonergan trained with the reserves and looked OK, would expect both to be available next week. Nick Hayes ran laps, would think he would start ball handling next week.

So no bad news Very Happy
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:26 am

I was wondering about Hall
No Sinor
So bugger
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:53 pm

MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:22 am

With a family emergency I’m missing this game .
Will see it on the digital pass
I see Johansen is in the seconds
Any idea who J Coff is in the seconds there’s no info on Wwtfc page
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:30 pm

What an abysmal effort...dropping johannson one of the few players with pace and leave gold pass plodders like haylock firns and poole in the team..i thought godden had gone? Are our big man stocks that bad that Heinjus can get a game...embarrassing
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:47 pm

Was a crappy game to watch on the digital pass
Hopefully we can improve
And Hall played
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:33 am

MichaelScott wrote:What an abysmal effort...dropping johannson one of the few players with pace and leave gold pass plodders like haylock firns and poole in the team..i thought godden had gone? Are our big man stocks that bad that Heinjus can get a game...embarrassing

If you followed the Eagles closely you would know that our tall stocks are very, very thin. With von Bertouch playing up forward Heinjus or Jackson Lee had to be promoted to give some semblance of height in defence. Maybe the choice of Heinjus was debatable, a work accident during the week caused him to have eight staples put in his scalp. Would hope the coach is already scourering the country for some height for next year.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:14 am

An injury to Westbrook early probably did not help. Height in key positions was an obvious issue. Petrenko and Foote great and should have had better back up yesterday. Rowey was amazing with his goal.
A bad part that showed us yesterday was that pass from Hayes that went over Rowes head. What were both thinking hoping that even it came off it was a better option. It was a strong Crows team but they also made many handing mistakes we could not capitalise on. Johansen dropping was a mystery to me.
Overall it was not the end of rhe world and we will get better.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:33 am

goddy11 wrote:An injury to Westbrook early probably did not help. Height in key positions was an obvious issue. Petrenko and Foote great and should have had better back up yesterday. Rowey was amazing with his goal.
A bad part that showed us yesterday was that pass from Hayes that went over Rowes head. What were both thinking hoping that even it came off it was a better option. It was a strong Crows team but they also made many handing mistakes we could not capitalise on. Johansen dropping was a mystery to me.

Glad to see you are still a little optimistic. I think Sam Lonergan will end up being a very good coach. Dropping J.J. just shows that he will make the hard decisions. I feel that under pressure some of the players will revert to the Godden system. It will take time to change. However in the reserves where there are a lot of new faces and not inculcated with the previous system they seem to show flair. Their first half and last quarter were excellent - just don't know what happened in the third quarter.
Players that I think would be under some pressure would be Haylock, Pickett and Boyd. Boyd just turns over the ball too much and sometimes just picks the wrong option. Jake Comitigianni's game in the reserves was excellent, I would be tempted to swap him for Boyd. Comma runs better and puts on a lot more pressure on than Boyd although his disposals can be suspect. It will take time for Lonergan to sift through all the players to see what he likes.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:05 pm

wimpy wrote:
goddy11 wrote:An injury to Westbrook early probably did not help. Height in key positions was an obvious issue. Petrenko and Foote great and should have had better back up yesterday. Rowey was amazing with his goal.

Glad to see you are still a little optimistic. I think Sam Lonergan will end up being a very good coach. Dropping J.J. just shows that he will make the hard decisions. I feel that under pressure some of the players will revert to the Godden system. It will take time to change. However in the reserves where there are a lot of new faces and not inculcated with the previous system they seem to show flair. Their first half and last quarter were excellent - just don't know what happened in the third quarter.
Players that I think would be under some pressure would be Haylock, Pickett and Boyd. Boyd just turns over the ball too much and sometimes just picks the wrong option. Jake Comitigianni's game in the reserves was excellent, I would be tempted to swap him for Boyd. Comma runs better and puts on a lot more pressure on than Boyd although his disposals can be suspect. It will take time for Lonergan to sift through all the players to see what he likes.

Wimpy, Totally agree. Jake C is a strange omission. Always a high ball winner. Anyone that watched the B's can you comment on House's performance. 25 touches . I thought Weideman was unlucky to be dropped. JJ has to be back in the mix. Hopefully big Seb is available. Redden was not the same as last week. I've been critical of Boyd's disposals last year. Get a lot of it but not to effect.
West is always a tough game for us but hopefully we can get back into it.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:37 pm

goddy11 wrote:
wimpy wrote:

Wimpy, Totally agree. Jake C is a strange omission. Always a high ball winner. Anyone that watched the B's can you comment on House's performance. 25 touches . I thought Weideman was unlucky to be dropped. JJ has to be back in the mix. Hopefully big Seb is available. Redden was not the same as last week. I've been critical of Boyd's disposals last year. Get a lot of it but not to effect.
West is always a tough game for us but hopefully we can get back into it.

Glad I could read both of your comments . Digital pass was bad they couldn’t name Young Gaffney .
I guess for Sam it’s a learning curve seeing the seconds score on the app they certainly were a class above . Maybe it’s time for more youth and pace and height.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:17 am

"goddy11" I don't like to say it but House's 25 touch game was one of the worst I have seen, House is slow, doesn't execute his skills very well and is slow assessing situations. He tried hard but just does not look up to league level, in fact he is a long way off. I think a lot of the media's best players are based on disposals.
Early in the reserves match Jamie Coff looked really good, clunked a few big marks and kicked two goals from outside 50 metres. He is one of our academy kids (AFL/SANFL). Gets better each match I see him play. At 193-195 cm he is a good prospect. McNeil and Mead continue to play well.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:16 am

House is slow, doesn't execute his skills very well and is slow assessing situations...

well Poole Haylock and Firns play every week so he should fit right in
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:50 am

MichaelScott wrote:House is slow, doesn't execute his skills very well and is slow assessing situations...

A bit unfair on Poole. He's our battering ram. Always going for the tough ball. Haylock goes for the soft ball. Goes missing for long periods.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:47 pm

It's good to see Haylock has competion for the small forward spot with Rowey kicking goals. That said, Haylock kicked 26 goals last season, clearly our third best goal kicker.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:36 pm

wimpy wrote:"goddy11" I don't like to say it but House's 25 touch game was one of the worst I have seen, House is slow, doesn't execute his skills very well and is slow assessing situations. He tried hard but just does not look up to league level, in fact he is a long way off. I think a lot of the media's best players are based on disposals.
Early in the reserves match Jamie Coff looked really good, clunked a few big marks and kicked two goals from outside 50 metres. He is one of our academy kids (AFL/SANFL). Gets better each match I see him play. At 193-195 cm he is a good prospect. McNeil and Mead continue to play well.

Thanks for the info on who Coff is . There’s no mention of him on the Eagles website.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:37 pm

goddy11 wrote:
MichaelScott wrote:House is slow, doesn't execute his skills very well and is slow assessing situations...

A bit unfair on Poole. He's our battering ram. Always going for the tough ball. Haylock goes for the soft ball. Goes missing for long periods.

Think it's a bit unfair on Firnsy too, granted he doesn't rack up big numbers of touches, but he throws his weight around and averaged almost 7 tackles a game last year which puts him up there as probably close to our best last year in that department.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:45 pm

Mickyj wrote:
wimpy wrote:"goddy11" I don't like to say it but House's 25 touch game was one of the worst I have seen, House is slow, doesn't execute his skills very well and is slow assessing situations. He tried hard but just does not look up to league level, in fact he is a long way off. I think a lot of the media's best players are based on disposals.

Thanks for the info on who Coff is . There’s no mention of him on the Eagles website.

Jamie Coff comes from Salisbury North.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:42 am

On the injury front

Jimmy Toumpas Ankle Test
Patrick Giuffreda Hamstring Test
Nick Hayes Finger Test
Jesse Lonergan Groin Available
Joseph Sinor Ankle Test

and Seb being back

Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down