SANFL Round 1 Eagles v North Adelaide Maughan Thiem KIA Oval

+2
wimpy
Columbo
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SANFL Round 1 Eagles v North Adelaide  Maughan Thiem KIA Oval - Page 2 Empty Re: SANFL Round 1 Eagles v North Adelaide Maughan Thiem KIA Oval

Post by Mickyj Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:45 pm

Great game to watch
I feel for Hayes and the other injured eagles
I think Rowe stepped up today young Weed showed signs
Foote great pick up
Lonergon if I’ve spelt his name right tank of a midfielder
Pickett in the seconds very impressive
Third quarter was very long

Last edited by Mickyj on Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

SANFL Round 1 Eagles v North Adelaide  Maughan Thiem KIA Oval - Page 2 Empty Re: SANFL Round 1 Eagles v North Adelaide Maughan Thiem KIA Oval

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:04 pm

Lonergan looked to be carrying injury (maybe groin) towards the end. Johansen copped a few big hits.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:05 pm

goddy11 wrote:Lonergan looked to be carrying injury (maybe groin) towards the end. Johansen copped a few big hits.

Damn didn’t know that about Lonergan

Big hit lots of hits on a former eagle
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:42 pm

How long do we have to put up with Haylock...he is a non contributor, not up to a-grade standard and never will be. Surely there is someone in the b grade that can be given a go
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:52 pm

Bit hard the comments after a good win. The B's had a good win with Pickett excelling and Jake Comi also playing well. we had Paddy G ,Sharrad, Guilhaus, Toumpas out plus a few early injuries. Lets give the coach a bit of credit.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:07 pm

SANFL: Woodville-West Torrens conquer North Adelaide in entertaining preliminary final rematch

Warren Partland, The Advertiser
March 31, 2019 6:07pm

How ironic Woodville-West Torrens should have just 17 players on the field for the final five minutes of its clash against North Adelaide at Woodville Oval on Sunday.
Injuries and load management prompted the decision to play one short late in the final quarter with the Eagles in control en-route to a 25-point victory in a highly entertaining battle.
The Roosters had created a huge controversy when they had 19 players on the field for the first four minutes of the final quarter in the preliminary final. They won the contest and earned the opportunity to face Norwood in the grand final, which they won.
The Eagles, furious after the preliminary final, had waited all summer for another crack at the Roosters and they did it in style. And with tremendous character.
After losing Nick Hayes and Tom Schmusch to injury in the first half, the Eagles were further hurt when Jake Johansen left the field in the final quarter after being concussed.
“It was a fantastic effort first up,” new Eagles coach Sam Lonergan said.
“To be down two players going into half time and down four with five minutes to go, it was an interesting game to do that in.
“The heart and competitive spirit to hang in there, when you have only one bloke on the bench for half the game against quality opposition on a big ground was going to hurt.
“The players stuck together and did the job they needed for each other.”
There was always going to be plenty of emotion early and just two minutes into the game former Eagle Jarred Allmond was felled late by Nick Hayes and the subsequent free kick resulted in a goal for Alex Barns.
Two minutes later Lewis Hender kicked the ball off the ground for a goal. Both goals were celebrated with gusto, evidence of just what this game meant.
The first half was a tremendous spectacle between two quality, well-drilled sides.
Roosters defender Tanner Smith was having a huge impact while onballer Jordan Foote was influential in his debut for the Eagles. The Eagles also had a strong forward target in Jack Hayes.
The Eagles established the platform for their win in the third term. They lifted the intensity, had superior composure and moved the ball with conviction to build a 35-point buffer on the back of five unanswered goals.
There was no relief from the committed pressure of the Eagles and the Roosters struggled to find effective movement into attack.
The Roosters were able to grab the ascendancy late in the quarter, only to fail to capitalise on the scoreboard.
Roosters coach Josh Carr said the home side deserved credit after being two men down for the second half.
“We started okay and our pressure was okay early,” he said. “We could not kick our goals which was the story of the day. Once we made a few mistakes they lifted and put some good pressure on us. They played well and we were disappointing in the end.”
SCOREBOARD
EAGLES 2.2 6.6 12.8 13.12 (90)
NORTH ADELAIDE 2.6 4.8 7.13 8.17 (65)
BEST — Eagles: J. Hayes, Foote, Thompson, von Bertouch, Redden, Goldsworthy. North: Smith, Allmond, Tropiano, Combe, Castree.

GOALS — Eagles: J. Hayes 4, Rowe 3, Lonergan, Petrenko, Hall, Weidemann, Poole, Redden. North: Ramsey, Barns, Hender 2, Miller, Thring.
INJURIES — Eagles: N. Hayes (finger), Schmusch (shoulder), Johansen (concussion).
UMPIRES — Harris, Lewis, Hundertmark.
CROWD — 2816 at Maughan Thiem Kia Oval, Woodville
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:19 am

goddy11 wrote:Bit hard the comments after a good win. The B's had a good win with Pickett excelling and Jake Comi also playing well. we had Paddy G ,Sharrad, Guilhaus, Toumpas out plus a few early injuries. Lets give the coach a bit of credit.
I agree goddy11 things were a little different Lewis was fantastic.
Somethings may have been the same but there were differences
We will improve as the year goes on .
Makes me wonder last years final so far up and we lost
Sunday’s game three players off the ground undermanned we didn’t just hold on we kept going forward .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:34 am

The conditions were trying for kicking which explains some of the missed shots at goal. Jack Hayes should have had more but when he is marking everything like yesterday he's amazing. Foote is a good addition. I will scream if Rowey is dropped. Last season no matter how well he played he seemed to get the flick next week. Poole and Boyd just pick up so much possession. North seem to target Poole every match they play. The North player on Von Bertouch was a monster, well done to the Von. Redden was good around the ground and showed more mobility than last year.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:57 am

goddy11 wrote:The conditions were trying for kicking which explains some of the missed shots at goal. Jack Hayes should have had more but when he is marking everything like yesterday he's amazing. Foote is a good addition. I will scream if Rowey is dropped. Last season no matter how well he played he seemed to get the flick next week. Poole and Boyd just pick up so much possession. North seem to target Poole every match they play. The North player on Von Bertouch was a monster, well done to the Von. Redden was good around the ground and showed more mobility than last year.

I must be having a strange day I totally agree with you .
After watching both of yesterday’s games I can see the change in players like Lewis.
Poole and Boyd get a lot of the ball .
Was nice to see Poole not get reported in a game like yesterday’s.
If we need to bring up players could we fit Pickett and West in .
We need a second Ruck no Hayes up there we tend not to take marks .
Pickett’s game in the seconds omg he is fast and can fly .

On North they certainly have bigger bodies .
Didn’t help some players pick the ball up .

I’m happy we won
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:16 am

I am concerned the players were not fully aware of the new rule(umpires did not seem to know them either). The AFL punching rules have not spread to the SANFL. Perhaps they will protect Gus as he is always singled out knowing he retaliates. The injury toll is a worry. I'm not sure how bad they are but when the club writes TBC it suggests long term. I was really impressed with Tom Schmusch. 1st game. Hope he comes back asap.

Does anyone know anything about Ben Davis? The club website has him playing games for Adelaide and 29yo.

SANFL Round 1 Eagles v North Adelaide  Maughan Thiem KIA Oval - Page 2 Injuri10
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:14 pm

Discussions on a great win on Sunday are fairly quiet. I don't know much about Pickett but it would be nice to have him come in. Maybe for Haylock.
Anyone watching the reserves have any idea who replaces Schmusch and Hayes and maybe Lonergan and Johannsen.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:44 pm

goddy11 wrote:Discussions on a great win on Sunday are fairly quiet. I don't know much about Pickett but it would be nice to have him come in. Maybe for Haylock.
Anyone watching the reserves have any idea who replaces Schmusch and Hayes and maybe Lonergan and Johannsen.

Sorry to be me answering
I enjoyed the game some improvements to be made
Pickett was a blessing to see he should come in
Patty G hopefully will be back
Westbrook might come in
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:22 pm

Goddy11
Channel 7 news are about to show Pickett’s mark
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:04 pm

Unfortunately I was banned from this forum (reason unknown) but now I can post the club's best players Vs North Adelaide.

1) J. Hayes
2) J. Foote
3) S. Rowland
4) J. Petrenko
5) J. Boyd
6) J Redden
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2