Col D
Columbo
spell_check
MightyEagles
zest
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SANFL round 1 announced Eagles v South Empty SANFL round 1 announced Eagles v South

Post by zest Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:46 pm

Round 1

Welcome to 2011 - the year of SANFL footy under lights!

The SANFL match program features 22 sensational night games across five venues in 2011 - Adelaide Oval, City Mazda Stadium, Hamra Homes Oval, Coopers Stadium and for the first time, Hickinbotham Oval.

Round 1 kicks off with traditional rivals Port Magpies and Norwood playing a thrilling curtainraiser to the Port v Gold Coast clash at AAMI Stadium.

Glenelg will open its season against Sturt in a Saturday twilight match at Gliderol Stadium, while North and West battle it out at Prospect Oval. Eagles and South will finish the round with a Saturday afternoon match at Woodville Oval.

Footy fans can look forward to a season jam-packed with exciting footy action. YOUR TRIBE IS CALLING!

Check back here on Boxing Day for the full 2011 SANFL fixture

a good game to start the season
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

SANFL round 1 announced Eagles v South Empty Re: SANFL round 1 announced Eagles v South

Post by MightyEagles Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:44 pm

Putting Port v Norwood at AAMI before the Power is stupid. How about having that game before and Adelaide game, you would see all these Port fans come out and complain.
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

SANFL round 1 announced Eagles v South Empty Re: SANFL round 1 announced Eagles v South

Post by spell_check Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:11 pm

Six nitght games at Noarlunga means we are definitely going to end up with the lowest crowd figures. We probably don't even have a night fixture against any of the other teams, apart from the one match I think we host at Adelaide. And that will most likely be against West or South.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by zest Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:25 pm

at least we dont play before the crows / port
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:33 pm

but the U18s might play before or after like we did in 2009.
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:14 pm

The Noarlunga night games will be interesting, the sunday games seem to have worked well for them but people are hesitant to go there on a cool day, would expect they will be more hesitant on a cool night, and if it was a cool wet night the crowds might suffer, more so if they are struggling on the fiels. The timing of the games could be intesting too, maybe 3.30 or 4pm start for the twos and 6 or 6.30 for the league??
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:49 am

They prob be done for Sat night like at Elizabeth with the leage at 6.30 and say have the 18s start at 12.30 - 1 pm
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Col D Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:20 am

Full programme in Sunday Mail tomorrow.

Col D
Col D
Col D

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:28 pm

If it was the full fixture, it would include Reserves and U18s, but it would only be League.
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by I Love Godsy Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:05 pm

Sorry edited as we are a family friendly forum .
Funny coming from a souths fan Wink

So keep it clean and polite please.
I Love Godsy
I Love Godsy

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:12 am

Six nitght games at Noarlunga means we are definitely going to end up with the lowest crowd figures.

Not if I can help it. Idea

The home night game at Adelaide Oval v Sturt gives us a chance to get off to a good start.

Hopefully we won't have 5 ABC TV Games at Woodville, an election or the poor weather that dogged our final few matches.

Plus stand by for a new promotion or two AND expansion of current special themed games such as the Community and Kids Day

If we can up to 2,600 per home game ( up from 2,060 in 2008) and yet STILL finish last in the league then so be it.

As for other clubs besides South, it is West's figures that I will be watching with interest.

With 5 night games will last years increased figures be retained or will the novelty factor see a drop off to something we can compete with.
PhilH
PhilH

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:14 am

Also our first game v South is on a SUNDAY !!!
PhilH
PhilH

Back to top Go down

Post by Col D Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:20 pm

Agree Phil

Our crowds are moving in the right direction and we are working very hard to boost. Phil H I'm sure will see us continue to build!

Col D
Col D
Col D

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:34 pm

Don't worry Phil, I know you are trying your hardest; just lamenting the fact we cannot get night games at Woodville. Sad

By the way, you haven't confirmed my request on Facebook yet. Wink
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:26 pm

So finally the real stuff begins! What's a likely team for those who have seen the pre-season games? Will we get Jacobs and Petrenko this week? Who's unavailable because of injury? Could it be something like this:

F: Hall Hentschel Cicolella
HF: Salter Grocke Treeby
C: Allmond Lewis Jarrad
HB: Thompson Tiller McKenzie
B: Petrenko Grieger Giuffreda
R: Jacobs Powell Rowntree
I: Parry Raymond Rayner
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by EagleRock Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:19 pm

Suspect Tiller won't be available due to injury.Had an ice pack on his right knee yesterday.Does anyone know how bad it is?
EagleRock
EagleRock

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:33 pm

EagleRock wrote:Suspect Tiller won't be available due to injury.Had an ice pack on his right knee yesterday.Does anyone know how bad it is?

i may leave this as the round 1 topic
What happened to our backline yesterday why did most of them disappear.
Or was "GODS" playing games!
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle014 Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:53 pm

EagleRock wrote:Suspect Tiller won't be available due to injury.Had an ice pack on his right knee yesterday.Does anyone know how bad it is?
I believe it was a broken blood vessel, a large one. Will be interesting to see if he does full training Wednesday night.
Eagle014
Eagle014

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:25 pm

Aerie wrote:So finally the real stuff begins! What's a likely team for those who have seen the pre-season games? Will we get Jacobs and Petrenko this week? Who's unavailable because of injury? Could it be something like this:

F: Hall Hentschel Cicolella
HF: Salter Grocke Treeby
C: Allmond Lewis Jarrad
HB: Thompson Tiller McKenzie
B: Petrenko Grieger Giuffreda
R: Jacobs Powell Rowntree
I: Parry Raymond Rayner

And then watch Salter, Petrenko and Jacobs get picked for the AFL matches. Cool Crying or Very sad Other than that, good side.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:21 pm

U16s and U18s play at Nourlanga on Saturday from 4 pm
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:26 pm

I thought Tiller was only ordinary in the Port trial, didn't see the Central match and then he didn't do much in the first 10 mins before getting injured against Glenelg. How good is he? Has he done any better than Todd Miles? Don't get me wrong - I'm wanting him to succee, just haven't seen anything special.
Treeby looks much sharper than anytime in 2010 - together with Parry, there wouldn't be a tougher combination. But it's the little speedy opposition that we have trouble with and South have plenty of those - Ports indigenous speedsters carved us up as did the Tigers quick on-ballers in the last quarter.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:41 pm

I have seen 2 different teams for Sunday one at the Eagles homepage and this one at the advertiser site

Eagles

F: Petrenko, Raymond, Hall
HF: Day, Grocke, Treeby
C: Allmond, Lewis, Rayner
HB: Powell, Salter, Jarrad
B: Tiller, Grieger, Giuffreda
R: Bock, Rowntree, McKenzie
Int: Thompson, Cicolella, Parry, Sutcliffe
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Col D Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:41 am

sitting in hotel room in Cologne and getting very nervous - cant wait for the footy to start and somehow have to get a webcast to hear game in the middle of the night - i promise i will stay way if we win games !!!
Go eags

col d
Col D
Col D

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle014 Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:10 pm

Col D wrote:sitting in hotel room in Cologne and getting very nervous - cant wait for the footy to start and somehow have to get a webcast to hear game in the middle of the night - i promise i will stay way if we win games !!!
Go eags

col d
Promises, promises, promises.
Eagle014
Eagle014

Back to top Go down

Post by zest Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:19 pm

Salopek is OUT for the power so we may loose salter hopefully they take a different emergency otherwise i cant see who will kick goals for us besides grocke
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next