Columbo
Goddsy11
Titan2
whybother
Mickyj
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 11 Eagles v South July 1 Maughan Thiem Kia Oval Empty Round 11 Eagles v South July 1 Maughan Thiem Kia Oval

Post by Mickyj Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:31 am

Reserves 11.20 am 
League 2.10 pm 
Under 16s flinders uni oval 11.00 am
Under 18s 1.15 pm 

We need to win this game
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 11 Eagles v South July 1 Maughan Thiem Kia Oval Empty Re: Round 11 Eagles v South July 1 Maughan Thiem Kia Oval

Post by whybother Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:42 pm

Hopefully South dont kick as fantastically accurate as they did earlier in the year at Noalunga.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Round 11 Eagles v South July 1 Maughan Thiem Kia Oval Empty Re: Round 11 Eagles v South July 1 Maughan Thiem Kia Oval

Post by Titan2 Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:29 pm

Given how close teams are ranked 4th to 8th almost every game from now until end of major round needs to be treated like a final.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:53 pm

Titan2 wrote:Given how close teams are ranked 4th to 8th almost every game from now until end of major round needs to be treated like a final.
Yep that’s true Titan2
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:18 pm

Do we know if we are wearing an indigenous jumper this round
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:16 pm

Menzel dropped. Shocked

Woodville-West Torrens v South Adelaide | Maughan Thiem Kia Oval | 2:10pm

SANFL Now | AFL Live App & AFL.com.au

EAGLES

League

F: Z. Williams, Ballenden, Pearce

HF: Collier-Dawkins, Cameron, Rowe

C: Goldsworthy, Sinor, Beattie

HB: Buck, Thompson, Beecken

B: Bruce, Lehmann, Litster

R: Brinker-Ritchie, Knight, D’Aloia

INT: Nicholls, Firns, Comitogianni, Mawson

IN: Firns, Bruce, Goldsworthy

OUT: Toumpas (calf), D. Menzel, Studham

Last edited by goddy11 on Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:17 pm

I must say I don't recognize many in the Reserves.

Reserves
F: Watson, D. Menzel, Siney
HF: Neumann, Cooke, Sladojevic
C: Angove, Adams, Studham
HB: Wollogorang, R. Williams, Hansen
B: Dawkins, Ueding, O’Reilly

R: Menta, Hoile, Lonergan
INT: Hill, Mair, Arthur, Calvett, Tilley, Norman

Under-18
F: Tilbrook, Niemann, Lucas
HF: Capogreco, West, Edwards
C: Davey, Dodd, Charles
HB: Sauer, Pearce, Hudson
B: Delmenico, Harris, Andrews

R: G. Hansen, Hasting, Schwarz
INT: Godlevsky, K. Hansen, Hawker, McKay, Netschitowsky, Phillips, Sumner

Under-16
F: Mathie, Reschke, Kovacic
HF: Quick, Wilson, Holdsworth
C: Russell-Swanson, Willmott, Stubing
HB: Lawry, Hartley Brown, Mumford
B: McGorman, Scholes, Scolyer

R: Rayner, Phillipou, Peucker
INT: AhChee, Chalubek, Farrugia, Harris, Maddern, Marshall-Bates, McNeil, Moffatt, Scheuffele
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:42 pm

Can anyone tell me why we are playing a game in opposition to an AO match. Do we think the impact on the crowd will be minimal. I enjoy watching both. I guess I will watch the Crows from the cricket club. Mad Twisted Evil
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:49 pm

you could get foxtel go on your phone
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:10 pm

goddy11 wrote:Can anyone tell me why we are playing a game in opposition to an AO match. Do we think the impact on the crowd will be minimal. I enjoy watching both. I guess I will watch the Crows from the cricket club. Mad Twisted Evil
I just looked at the round every club is playing at 2.10 
No clue why the league has done this
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:09 pm

Perhaps they have fallen out of love with the Crows?
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:30 pm

[quote="whybother"]you could get foxtel go on your phone
[Skechers /quote]
I've got it. Not the same Sad
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:31 pm

Mickyj wrote:
goddy11 wrote:Can anyone tell me why we are playing a game in opposition to an AO match. Do we think the impact on the crowd will be minimal. I enjoy watching both. I guess I will watch the Crows from the cricket club. Mad Twisted Evil

3 matches on Sunday.

PA and WA Sat at 2:10 but the Power plays in the evening.

Last edited by goddy11 on Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:34 pm

Mickyj wrote:

Only 2 games are on Saturday, ours and Port v West.

Would think that this game would be our lowest home crowd of the season regardless of the Crows playing at the same time or not. Wouldn't expect a big crowd at the other game either especially when one bunch of supporters couldn't give a stuff about the Crows.

The benefit for us is probably nothing more than a 7 day break before next Saturday against Yartapuulti.

Had we not been playing would have probably gone to Adelaide Oval myself (Go the Roos!!!)
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:18 am

Columbo wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

Only 2 games are on Saturday, ours and Port v West.

Would think that this game would be our lowest home crowd of the season regardless of the Crows playing at the same time or not. Wouldn't expect a big crowd at the other game either especially when one bunch of supporters couldn't give a stuff about the Crows.

The benefit for us is probably nothing more than a 7 day break before next Saturday against Yartapuulti.

Had we not been playing would have probably gone to Adelaide Oval myself (Go the Roos!!!)

Doh to me reading the APP wrong 
Be warned I’m planning on being at oval ave tomorrow bar anything happening 
And hopefully dressed warm enough with an umbrella if needed
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Headfan Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:59 pm

Hi Mickyj. I’ll be on the wing with my new Eagles umbrella if you forget yours again. It’s big enough for 2.
Headfan
Headfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:23 pm

goddy11 wrote:Menzel dropped.  Shocked

A puzzling decision to drop Menzel and Studham. Obviously the two had shockers against Centrals in atrocious conditions that affected a lot of players but Menzel had been in a good patch of form in the two maches prior (against Port and in the reserves) and Studham had been very good in all matches since returning from his injury.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:20 pm

Headfan wrote:Hi Mickyj. I’ll be on the wing with my new Eagles umbrella if you forget yours again. It’s big enough for 2.
Thanks I may have to bring one might be a crows one got it cheap and a jacket 
I’ll be on the wing to see if I can find the guys
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Headfan Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:41 pm

Titan2 wrote:
goddy11 wrote:Menzel dropped.  Shocked

A puzzling decision to drop Menzel and Studham. Obviously the two had shockers against Centrals in atrocious conditions that affected a lot of players but Menzel had been in a good patch of form in the two maches prior (against Port and in the reserves) and Studham had been very good in all matches since returning from his injury.

I agree Titan2 about Dan Menzel. Against Centrals the weather didn’t suit most of our players. Maybe the selectors checked the weather again for tomorrow. Let’s see how he goes in the Reserves. When he’s on he is unstoppable. Clever mark, good bodywork and can kick multiple goals. I like watching him when he’s on.
Headfan
Headfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazz Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:20 pm

Hard to watch was that. Midfield thrashed, nobody can take a mark inside 50, at home on a reasonable winter day. Whoever finishes 4th and 5th will only be making up the numbers and even Norwood are still in the mix! Any positives from today I overlooked?
Gazz
Gazz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:29 pm

Jo Gazz wrote:Hard to watch was that. Midfield thrashed, nobody can take a mark inside 50, at home on a reasonable winter day. Whoever finishes 4th and 5th will only be making up the numbers and even Norwood are still in the mix! Any positives from today I overlooked?
Was absolute shit looked out of it
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:36 pm

The dropping of menzel and the inclusion of 2 dead set b graders just about sums up another poor year..are we the worst team in the comp?
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:51 pm

MichaelScott wrote:The dropping of menzel and the inclusion of 2 dead set b graders just about sums up another poor year..are we the worst team in the comp?

The dropping of Menzel was ridiculous and I can only assume there was something more in it than simply an ordinary game the week prior.

Who were the two b-graders you refer to ? I am assuming you referring to Firns and Bruce and not Goldsworthy. The latter has been very good for us all year and deserves his spot. The former has always had ordinary skills but has held his place due to his efforts and desperation. It's hard to maintain that desperation and when or if that drops off you are left with not much.

Beecken yet again BOG for the Eags and would be leading the B&F this year to his credit. Beattie has class in patches and I'd be hoping he can step it up on a more consistent basis next season. Rowe just ok. No one else really stood out for me.

The concern has to be Collier-Dawkins. You'd have to assume that we signed him on decent coin and he has failed to deliver or shown any signs of improvement as the season has gone on. He needs to be dropped if only to try and get him to touch the ball. But who to replace him with? Hoile is definitely not the answer despite him topping the possessions in the reserves. Lonergan finally had a good game but unless he can string together multiple games of high possessions and get fit than he's not the answer either.

Things are looking grim for the club at the moment with our depth being challenged by injuries and certain players' form way below what is needed.

Can only hope the club does a big squad overhaul next season - time to take the broom to a lot of players that have been hanging around the reserves for the last few years who will never play league, make some big calls regarding retirements, and to scour the country for some talent to draft to the list to fill our most pressing needs.

Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:30 pm

Yeah Bruce and Firns. Bruce too short for key position and too slow to play anywhere else. The lack of pace and quality in the backline is an obvious issue (exception being beeken). There are a number of players playing league that are not up to standard due to 2 years of poor recruiting and lack of quality coming through the grades. We are also being outworked by opposition that seem to want it more...last year i thought it was just a hangover issue but its still there.
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:27 pm

Difficult this week so I'm looking at the whole day, not just the League game.

The Good
Luke Beecken - Having a great season, probably his highest possession game ever.
Max Beattie - Improving every week, definitely one of the best yesterday, will only keep improving.
Sam Rowland - Hopefully back next week.
The Reserves - Have put together 3 good games in a row against 2 teams who have been top 3 most of the season and won 2 of them. This week we get another go against the Doggies, followed by Norwood and then 2 in a row against Sturt. If they can win 3 of those 4 finals are achievable.
The Under 18's - Had a down year last year but are at the pointy end again this year.

The Not So Good
Riley Knight - Ankle in a boot last night at presentations, he was moving ok but the boot isn't usually a great sign.
Rory Lehmann - Losing a tall defender didn't help in the second half yesterday, not that we probably deserved to win, hopefully he is ok for this week.
The result - 1.6 in the last quarter, if it was 6.1 we win the game.

Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next