Thebby
Eagles35
Gazz
Goddsy11
Mickyj
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 3 Eagles v Norwood July 12 Maughan Thiem Kia oval  Empty Round 3 Eagles v Norwood July 12 Maughan Thiem Kia oval

Post by Mickyj Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:50 pm

Reserves 11.30
League 2.10

Both teams at home finally
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 3 Eagles v Norwood July 12 Maughan Thiem Kia oval  Empty Re: Round 3 Eagles v Norwood July 12 Maughan Thiem Kia oval

Post by Mickyj Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:47 pm

EAGLES

Woodville-West Torrens could include a delisted Power rookie for the clash against Norwood at Maughan Thiem Kia Oval.

Wingman Kai Pudney, who has returned to Oval Avenue after spending a season at Alberton, is one of three potential inclusions after being named on the seven-man extended interchange bench.

The 20-year-old is joined by strong-bodied midfielder Jack Firns and utility Jackson Lee, who could play their first League games of the year.

Defender-turned-forward Jake Von Bertouch will play his 100th Statewide Super League match since making his debut in Round 18 of 2013.

F: Rowe, Von Bertouch, N. Hayes

HF: Hall, J. Hayes, Foote

C: Comitogianni, Toumpas, Goldsworthy

HB: Rowland, Thompson, Giuffreda

B: Sinor, Seymour, Mansell

R: Redden, Lonergan, Poole

INT: Carcuro, Wehr, Jones, Pudney, Lee, Firns, McNeil

IN: Firns, Pudney, Lee

MILESTONE – Jake Von Bertouch 100 games

Reserves
Coff, Pearce, Williams, Morgan, Jackson, Sharrad, Hoile, McPherson, Gray, Mead, Beecken, McLeod, Bruce, Jungfer, Schmusch, Peake, Armfield, Westbrook, Barnett, Asfaha, West, Moore, McNeilly

Under-18
F: Buck, Pearce, Nicholls
HF: Scott, Dawkins, Blair
C: Calvett, Poulter, Watson
HB: J. Burgoyne, Redden, Adams
B: Horsfall, Ueding, Kerruish

R: J. Hunter-Price, Lister, Schofield
INT: Godden, A. Hunter-Price, Kasianowicz, Launer, Neumann, Sheldon, Thomson, Williams
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 3 Eagles v Norwood July 12 Maughan Thiem Kia oval  Empty Re: Round 3 Eagles v Norwood July 12 Maughan Thiem Kia oval

Post by Mickyj Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:25 pm

Well done Jake on your 100 th
Well done Pudney on your first selection
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:26 am

I’m waiting to get confirmation from the eagles
My sources tell me one gate open the oval ave gate
From 10.30 Sunday
If any more information comes from the club I will post it here !!
Looking forward to see the boys play
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:59 pm

Our U18 lost by 39pt. Unusual to see them at the bottom of the ladder. With Glenelg top of the ladder in all grades, I wonder if the boundary changes a few years back will impact us going forward.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:08 pm

goddy11 wrote:Our U18 lost by 39pt. Unusual to see them at the bottom of the ladder. With Glenelg top of the ladder in all grades, I wonder if the boundary changes a few years back will impact us going forward.

I think we got back the area that has Henley high in it .
From memory we got it back giving an area to Centrals that we got from Port .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:01 pm

Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:20 pm

Was a great game for the Eagles 🦅 not a great first half second half fantastic .
Norwood were worried away from the ball way to easy
I did see Richard Douglas once Sinor stepped in front and took an easy Mark .
Eagles still need to improve but will
Any crowd numbers up yet ?

Thanks Goddy
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazz Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:03 pm

Great to see the lads playing with freedom and enjoyment. Errors I'm sure the coach will wear, but not sure an Eagles team has played with such freedom for a long time- keep it up!
Gazz
Gazz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazz Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:05 pm

Wear the errors i meant
Gazz
Gazz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:38 pm

Langcake might've been emergency last week for the reserves but he's still struggling with his knee that he had reconstructed in May last year i asked after him today and Brill has been playing A grade for Seaton so he didn't get picked that's how strong the reserves team is
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:43 pm

Gazz wrote:Wear the errors i meant

Coming out the back line at times
Letting Norwood have lose players on the far side of the oval
There’s a couple
Plus our goal kicking wasn’t straight for a period time
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:46 pm

Gazz wrote:Wear the errors i meant

Oops sorry didn’t mean to tell you the errors
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:21 pm

Think we would've won by more if the umpires didn't favor the opposition
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:14 pm

Weed never got selected due to being knocked out at training on Wednesday night and Aron came in as a late change for Coff as Jamie failed a late fitness test so Aron came in for him
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Thebby Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:01 pm

A refreshing, exciting style of play by the Eags this year with players given a licence to take the game on. Love smashing Gnawwood, they were insipid and dysfunctional.
Goldy and Patty G back to their best!
Thebby
Thebby

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:18 am

Tbh someone said as a joke when lining up saying to the opposition members that we're going to be 2 and 2 today even though it was a joke he was correct
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:29 am

Thebby wrote:A refreshing, exciting style of play by the Eags this year with players given a licence to take the game on.  Love smashing Gnawwood, they were insipid and dysfunctional.
Goldy and Patty G back to their best!

Agree Thebby
That game style is awesome to watch
Playing juniors who will be gone next year is the way to go imho .
I can’t describe it better than you’ve written but at halfback one of our guys fleet footed confused the Norwood forwards and a line of eagles running forward what we’ve missed in years.
And that youngster the older fans were calling him Jones he had Norwood forwards scared you know what .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:58 am

The rest of the players were cheering in the grandstand, they're getting cross, they're yelling at Lachie Jones to get a goal when he had a shot outside 50 had to tell them that he's too focused he's told me before that he's focused
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:09 am

Best players at presentation last night:

League:

1)  Goldsworthy
2)  Foote
3)  Mansell

Special mentions:
Sinor
Jones
Redden

Reserves Best Players:

1)  Jackson Lee
2)  Mat Mead
3)  Jordan West
4)  Jack Firns
5)  Nick Moore
6)  Jake Westbrook
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:43 pm

It was only the bottom side we beat !!
Great test coming up over the next two weeks - Cheats at Prospect and a very well coached Glenelg unit at Glenelg.
Bring it on
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:56 pm

Here is the injury list

Louis Sharrad – Hand – TBC

Ethan Haylock – Groin – Indefinite

Jake Weidemann – Concussion – Available

Jamie Coff – Knee – TBC
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:32 pm

Mickyj wrote:Here is the injury list

Jamie Coff – Knee – TBC

No mention of Thommo (Ice on his knee at the end of the game) or Toumpas (Ice on his ankle at the end of the game).
Hopefully they are OK. We cant afford any injuries while we are performing as a team. But there were good performanes in the seconds so the depth might be OK.
It is disappointing what happens in the U18 when most of the Premiership stars have been elevated to the League and Seconds the next year.
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:56 pm

Reddeer wrote:

Jamie Coff – Knee – TBC

No mention of Thommo (Ice on his knee at the end of the game) or Toumpas (Ice on his ankle at the end of the game).
Hopefully they are OK. We cant afford any injuries while we are performing as a team. But there were good performanes in the seconds so the depth might be OK.
It is disappointing what happens in the U18 when most of the Premiership stars have been elevated to the League and Seconds the next year.

We must now concentrate on the 2019 U18's playing in the reserves getting them through to the league.
After 3-4 very good years in the U18's the talent pool has dried up for this season. I watched an U16 trial match earlier in the season, they had some exceptional talent like Mattaes Phillipou Sam's son, he is also a very good basketballer, Koby Poulton, Jared's son and the best of the lot Hunter Carter, son of former magpie Stephen Carter.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:56 pm

Reddeer wrote:

Jamie Coff – Knee – TBC

Your not meant to put bad news on here. Smile
I didn't rate JT after the first match but he's been vg the next 2. Thommo is a rock in our defense. Hope they both pull up well.
I loved our defense with some of the new guys, Jones, Seymour and Wehr. Jones will be gone at the end of the year.
Gus is playing well without Boyd there. I We were always too small with both.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next