eagles v south trial squads and under 16 round 1

4 posters

Go down

eagles v south trial squads and under 16 round 1 Empty eagles v south trial squads and under 16 round 1

Post by Mickyj Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:36 pm

League Squad vs South Adelaide @ Hickinbotham Oval | Saturday 17th March – 2:10pm
2. Nathan Rudloff
4. Jake Johansen
6. Luke Thompson
7. Nick Hayes
8. Tom Gray
9. James Boyd
10. Chris Hall
12. Jack Hayes
13. Marc Borholm
15. Louis Sharrad
17. Jackson Lee
23. Jack Lukosius
29. Matthew Goldsworthy
31. Ethan Haylock
34. Paul Stewart
39. Jack Firns
44. Jake Von Bertouch
45. Patrick Giuffreda
47. Joseph Heinjus
52. Angus Poole
55. Jarrad Redden

Reserves Squad vs South Adelaide @ Hickinbotham Oval | Saturday 17th March – 11:30am
1. Rhys Woods
11. Jake Weidemann
14. Jack Gaffney
16. James Rowe
18. Daniel Minney
19. Cooper Gaffney
20. Jake Cook
21. Jordan West
22. Ethan Miller
25. Tom Schmusch
27. Xavier Redden
28. Jacob Wehr
30. Sam McKay
32. Liam Martin
36. Harrision Hawkins
37. Seb Gilhaus
38. Will McPherson
41. Lachlan Smith
42. Nick Moore
43. Connor McLeod
46. Harry Sibley
50. Jake Westbrook
53. Lachlan Sheppard

Under 18’s Trial vs Norwood @ City Mazda Stadium | Sunday 18th March – 4:00pm
FF – Schoenberg, Armfield, McNeil
HF – Nicholas, Francis, Pratico
C – Marty Fredrick, Mead, Pickett
HB – Hillard, Pearce, Miller
FB – Brill, Bruce, Bailey
Foll – Micahel, Pudney, Burgoyne
Int – Beecken, Bennison, Firns, Hawkins, Hoile, McCann, McClusky, McNeilly, Smith

Round 1 – Under 16’s vs Norwood @ City Mazda Stadium | Sunday 18th March – 1:45pm
FF – Brownlie, Cannizzaro, Larsson
HF – Beswick, Poulter, Kennedy
C – Godden, White, Klenig
HB – Thompson, Jones, Kenny
FB – Noll, Sheldon, Agnew
Foll – Dorian, Dawkins, Buck
Int – Coe, Couch, Kontousikos, Lister, McCann, Mullins, Stevens
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

eagles v south trial squads and under 16 round 1 Empty Re: eagles v south trial squads and under 16 round 1

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:10 pm

37. Seb Gilhaus and 21. Jordan West in the reserves ?
Can we read anything into that. The player Wimpy mentioned Lachlan Sheppard also named.
I love seeing Conner McLeod named. I am not sure how good he is, but to see a son of a AFL champ out there excites me. Same with Mead, Pickett,Burgoyne in the U18's.
Will McPherson. Is he related to Andrew?
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

eagles v south trial squads and under 16 round 1 Empty Re: eagles v south trial squads and under 16 round 1

Post by Mickyj Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:15 pm

goddy11 wrote:37. Seb Gilhaus and 21. Jordan West in the reserves  ?
Can we read anything into that.   The player Wimpy mentioned Lachlan Sheppard also named.  
I love seeing Conner McLeod named. I am not sure how good he is, but to see a son of a AFL champ out there excites me. Same with Mead, Pickett,Burgoyne in the U18's.
Will McPherson. Is he related to Andrew?  

Maybe it's not important where they play in the trials .
Meads sons were on the news at the port Adelaide academy
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:56 pm

I see we won by 3 points bad kicking
9.18 to 10.9
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:36 pm

Our U16 copped a flogging 145 to 4pt. Not sure what's happened there.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:04 pm

goddy11 wrote:Our U16 copped a flogging  145 to 4pt. Not sure what's happened there.
Bugger
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:32 am

Sorry I've been absent from posting, had computer problems.
Last Wednesday night went to training and spoke to Joe Sinor. He said if it wasn't for the ruptured tendon he would be out for only 4-6 weeks. He said he would now be out for 11 - 13 weeks. Should be back around round 9 or 10. Had tendon operation on Friday.
Mark McKenzie recommended Lachlan Sheppard to us.

Saturday Trials
Reserves
WWT 13 . 8 86
SA 11 . 10 76
The reserves were up by 53 points at the last change, didn't score but just snuck in. The northerly wind was horrific for good football.
Jordan West, Jimmy Rowe and Rhys Woods were the best. Seb Gilhaus was virtually non-existent. Rowe taken off mid third period and played the last quarter in the league.

League
WWT 9 . 18 72
SA 10 . 9 69

N. Hayes 4
J Johansen 2

Giuffreda pulled out and Westbrook went in.
Only up by 8 points at the lemon break should have been overrun by SA, they had an extremely strong wind to come home with but we scored 4 . 4 to 5 . 3 to win by 3 points.
Jack Lukosius and Jack Hayes were virtually unsighted, terrible conditions for forwards. Nick Hayes was very good for 4 . 3.
As much as I have trouble liking Jack Firns, I have to admit his game was very, very good, most probably our best player. Luey Sharrad played a good bullocking game and Jackson Lee showed promise on the ball.
Jarrad Redden's ruck work around the ground was very good, has to be lead ruckman. Borholm did a bit around the ground and swapped with Redden up forward. Goldsworthy started up forward but was then moved down back. Angus Poole started in the back pocket. Rudloff and S. Gray haven't shown a lot yet.
Trying conditions made it hard to judge our players and game style.
Chris Hall has done a calf and Boyd was sidelined by a very heavy knock.
Missing from the trial were: Petrenko, Sinor, Lewis, Giuffreda (wife having a baby), Sam Rowland and Jake Comitogianni.

wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:18 pm

wimpy wrote:Sorry I've been absent from posting, had computer problems.
Last Wednesday night went to training and spoke to Joe Sinor. He said if it wasn't for the ruptured tendon he would be out for only 4-6 weeks. He said he would now be out for 11 - 13 weeks. Should be back around round 9 or 10. Had tendon operation on Friday.
Mark McKenzie recommended Lachlan Sheppard to us.

Saturday Trials
Reserves
WWT  13 . 8  86
SA      11 . 10  76
The reserves were up by 53 points at the last change, didn't score but just snuck in. The northerly wind was horrific for good football.
Jordan West, Jimmy Rowe and Rhys Woods were the best. Seb Gilhaus was virtually non-existent. Rowe taken off mid third period and played the last quarter in the league.

League
WWT   9 . 18  72
SA      10 . 9  69

N. Hayes 4
J Johansen 2

Giuffreda pulled out and Westbrook went in.
Only up by 8 points at the lemon break should have been overrun by SA, they had an extremely strong wind to come home with but we scored 4 . 4 to 5 . 3 to win by 3 points.
Jack Lukosius and Jack Hayes were virtually unsighted, terrible conditions for forwards. Nick Hayes was very good for 4 . 3.
As much as I have trouble liking Jack Firns, I have to admit his game was very, very good, most probably our best player. Luey Sharrad played a good bullocking game and Jackson Lee showed promise on the ball.
Jarrad Redden's ruck work around the ground was very good, has to be lead ruckman. Borholm did a bit around the ground and swapped with Redden up forward. Goldsworthy started up forward but was then moved down back. Angus Poole started in the back pocket. Rudloff and S. Gray haven't shown a lot yet.
Trying conditions made it hard to judge our players and game style.
Chris Hall has done a calf and Boyd was sidelined by a very heavy knock.
Missing from the trial were: Petrenko, Sinor, Lewis, Giuffreda (wife having a baby), Sam Rowland and Jake Comitogianni.

Thanks Wimpy great report
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:23 pm

Was looking forward to your thoughts on Firnsy Wimpy. I thought he was excellent also, couple of times through the middle he put his head down ran through the pack won the ball and got it moving our way. He has a bit of mongrel in him too. Reddo not the quickest bloke but took some good pack grabs during the day.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:07 pm

How do you guys rate us on seeing the 2 trials so far. Back in 2012 after the premiership we could all see a problem year. On paper and from a distance this year look good. I never expected much of Rudloff and S. Gray, They were the stake knives in the Sharrod deal. Under our system and given a chance they may yet prove valuable.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:18 pm

Columbo wrote:Was looking forward to your thoughts on Firnsy Wimpy. I thought he was excellent also, couple of times through the middle he put his head down ran through the pack won the ball and got it moving our way. He has a bit of mongrel in him too. Reddo not the quickest bloke but took some good pack grabs during the day.
Firns could be a little bonus if he keeps up this form. Must be giving him loads of confidence. The confidence might help him steady and improve his delivery. He was virtually unstoppable around the packs.
It's really hard to assess us at the moment, missing four on ballers weakens the on ball division. Comitogianni would be a borderline selection in my opinion with all players available but with all the outs he would be a certainty. Unsure if Lewis will be back for the first round, thought the coach said he would miss round one. Spoke to Comitogianni on Saturday said he should be back for first round. Liked the way we rotated Lukosius and the two Hayes boys in the forward area but not convinced about changing rucks there.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:08 pm

Does anyone know what has happened with the U16. Another flogging this weekend?
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down