Mickyj
Gazz
The Barton
Goddsy11
wimpy
14 posters

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Go down

WHAT DOES 2021 HOLD FOR THE EAGLES? Empty WHAT DOES 2021 HOLD FOR THE EAGLES?

Post by wimpy Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:20 am

Have to look towards 2021 now.

Nick Hayes to Melbourne for work.

Riley Knight delisted by Crows. Can't let him end up anywhere but the EAGLES.

Cam Sutcliffe delisted by power yesterday. The Advertiser this morning says that Chris Davies wants Cam to play with the magpies in the SANFL in 2021.......we must go very hard to get Cam. He's good friends with Vonny and Pooley.

Martin Frederick on the edge of being delisted.

Sam Jacobs retired, could he possibly play for the EAGLES? On SEN this morning Paul Thomas said they will approach Sam to play for the Dogs.

Will "pup" Petrenko resume his career?

Will James Tsitsas and Sam Lowson come back for 2021? Sam has a knee operation in Melbourne in two weeks time, recovery time will be about three months.

Jordan Foote, what's his future.

Who will get drafted?

Who will retire?

Who from the reserves might make the big jump?

Plenty of intriguing situations to resolve.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

WHAT DOES 2021 HOLD FOR THE EAGLES? Empty Re: WHAT DOES 2021 HOLD FOR THE EAGLES?

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:39 am

Great summer thread Wimpy. Early days but will be good Eagles banter. I am always for promoting from our juniors. You can see the player that have left our club for opportunity. South Adelaide for example, This year has rubber stamped that our juniors are as good as any despite players being drafted. Jungfer , Pudney, Seymour Mitch Mead will get more game time. Good if can keep the 2 interstate boy. A full season Jimmy Tsistas will win a MM. The other Jimmy has had a season to be remembered. I was writing him off but was about his fitness not ability.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

WHAT DOES 2021 HOLD FOR THE EAGLES? Empty Re: WHAT DOES 2021 HOLD FOR THE EAGLES?

Post by The Barton Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:38 am

You're a deep thinker Wimpy and very photogenic.
According to the Messiah, Redden, Goldy and Guiff have all indicated that they are planning to go around again next year.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:48 am

The Barton wrote:You're a deep thinker Wimpy and very photogenic.
According to the Messiah, Redden, Goldy and Guiff have all indicated that they are planning to go around again next year.

Not quite with the "Brad Pitt" aura, but at this time we have to make the most of it.

On Sunday night lots and lots of stories and rumours were doing the rounds, I think a fair bit of the grog was talking.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:04 pm

goddy11 wrote:Great summer thread Wimpy. Early days but will be good Eagles banter. I am always for promoting from our juniors. You can see the player that have left our club for opportunity. South Adelaide for example, This year has rubber stamped that our juniors are as good as any despite players being drafted. Jungfer , Pudney, Seymour Mitch Mead will get  more game time. Good if can keep the 2 interstate boy. A full season Jimmy Tsistas will win a MM. The other Jimmy has had a season to be remembered. I was writing him off but was about his fitness not ability.

Have been in favour of promoting from our juniors for a long time. Goddo just wouldn't do it and Sam Lonergan I think was not confident enough to do it. 2019 group of U18s were very special and we should reap the rewards. This year the ranks of good U18 players is a lot thinner, but the coach with an excellent eye I'm sure will find a diamond or two.
Next year I think Ben Jungfer and Zane Williams will be his project players, I think Jungfer has hardness and a bit of dash and Zane Williams has class and a good footy head.
Jones, Schofield and Caleb Poulter should be drafted as U18s. Henry Smith would be a border line draftee, if he doesn't get drafted Henry and Zac Phillips should lead the rucks in the reserves.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:21 pm

And don't forget Grady Armfield is waiting in the wings for senior promotion ....
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:48 pm

The Barton wrote:And don't forget Grady Armfield is waiting in the wings for senior promotion ....

Who?? Where's he been hiding.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:50 pm

Sam Jacobs has signed to play country football. Ardrossan I think.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:20 pm

He's from Ardrossan and he always said he'd like to play there again when his AFL Career was over. Always hoped we'd get a year or two out of him first though.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazz Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:03 pm

Still basking in the win folks. No doubt our 18s and Reserves are loaded with talent. If we can get Tsitas, Lowson to do a full season and perhaps get Buxton back we'll be around the mark again. Also Cam Sutcliffe and Riley Knight in the mix would be great gets. Any other names being mentioned?
Gazz
Gazz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:04 am

goddy11 wrote:Great summer thread Wimpy. Early days but will be good Eagles banter. I am always for promoting from our juniors. You can see the player that have left our club for opportunity. South Adelaide for example, This year has rubber stamped that our juniors are as good as any despite players being drafted. Jungfer , Pudney, Seymour Mitch Mead will get  more game time. Good if can keep the 2 interstate boy. A full season Jimmy Tsistas will win a MM. The other Jimmy has had a season to be remembered. I was writing him off but was about his fitness not ability.

Funny you should mention South Goddy
So many sanfl sides have ex Eagles in them North did
Sturt did as well

Sheedy showing faith in the youngsters is great
I think we need some big men hopefully we will next year

And next season so many rumours that some say are fact for next year with the AFL seconds teams . One wonders which are true and which will hurt us
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:27 pm

Nick Hayes is a big loss! What a shame.

Could conceivably lose Nick, Rowe to AFL and Lowson back to Vic and there goes a huge chunk of our forward line.

It is very difficult to keep a stable line up in this day and age. So to make the most of it in the moment is so very rewarding and when the dust settles, a new challenge awaits.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:27 pm

Aerie wrote:Nick Hayes is a big loss! What a shame.

Could conceivably lose Nick, Rowe to AFL and Lowson back to Vic and there goes a huge chunk of our forward line.

It is very difficult to keep a stable line up in this day and age. So to make the most of it in the moment is so very rewarding and when the dust settles, a new challenge awaits.

I hope Zane Williams can develop into a small forward, very, very talented.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:20 pm

wimpy wrote:
Aerie wrote:Nick Hayes is a big loss! What a shame.

I hope Zane Williams can develop into a small forward, very, very talented.

Williams looked a class above in the Reserves GF. A bit of x-factor. A good pre-season and he’d slot in to the best 22 comfortably. Seymour and Pudney also league standard. Any good young tall defenders coming through? Number 25 - Schmuch? looked ok?
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:35 pm

I see the club has been quick sending out membership renewals. I'll do mine next month. I'm normally  do it early. Already ordered a T-shirt and Polo.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:50 pm

Any thoughts on Conner McLeod. Been  very consistent the last couple of years. Just the name gets me excited. Haylock look a better player and I always have time for Lee.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:19 pm

goddy11 wrote:Any thoughts on Conner McLeod. Been  very consistent the last couple of years. Just the name gets me excited. Haylock look a better player and I always have time for Lee.

I’m not sure what to say about Connor last part of the year was his best .
Lee has been great all year and his parents sit near me at oval ave .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:34 pm

[quote="Mickyj"]
goddy11 wrote:Any thoughts on Conner McLeod. Been  very consistent the last couple of years. Just the name gets me excited. Haylock look a better player and I always have time for Lee.

I’m not sure what to say about Connor last part of the year was his best .
Lee has been great all year and his parents sit near me at oval ave .

I was starting to become a fan of McLeod's half way through the season but have now dropped off him as a league prospect.
I thought his reserves second semi was very poor. However, he was quite late starting Aussie rules, you never know what might happen!!!!!

You can usually follow which youngsters the Coach sees potential in. At the start of last season it could be seen that he was playing particular attention to Wehr, Jones, McNeil and Mansel. When there was match practice, those four were always on the probable team Vs the possibles. Half way through the season he had picked out Zane Williams and Ben Jungfer to put a special effort in to and this was seen by them getting late in the season league call ups. I assume that at the start of 2021 pre-season we will soon see who he sees potential in. Can't wait.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:00 pm

Anyone hear or see the video of our President hoping for what was it back to back or dynasties
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:59 pm

https://soundcloud.com/sanfl/eagles-coach-jade-sheedy-chats-about-the-clubs-trip-to-apy-lands

By ZAC MILBANK
Woodville-West Torrens will head up to the APY Lands this week as it looks to unearth indigenous talent from its regional zone.
Eagles premiership coach Jade Sheedy will be joined by Chief Executive Luke Powell and League Director Dave Couzner in conducting talent exhibition matches in Amata on Wednesday and Mutitjulu on Thursday.
Speaking on SANFL Radio, Sheedy – who will be making his first trip to the far north of the state – said they would also be fostering the community’s connection with the club by taking up Eagles merchandise and the Thomas Seymour Hill Trophy.
Sheedy said he had been thoroughly enjoying the celebrations after his side won its first League flag since 2011, with several loyal fans and members overjoyed with the victory against North Adelaide.
A host of senior players – including captain Luke Thompson, defender Pat Giuffreda, wingman Matt Goldsworthy and ruckman Jarrad Redden – have indicated they will play on in 2021.
This could provide the club with great stability for its premiership defence next year, considering powerful backman Lachlan Jones is thought to be the only certainty to be selected in December’s AFL Draft.
Interest has been shown in fellow premiership players James Rowe, Jacob Wehr and Lachie McNeil, who all played vital roles in defeating South Adelaide and North Adelaide in the major round.
https://sanfl.com.au/league/news/eagles-fly-up-to-apy-lands/
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:12 pm

goddy11 wrote:https://soundcloud.com/sanfl/eagles-coach-jade-sheedy-chats-about-the-clubs-trip-to-apy-lands

By ZAC MILBANK
Woodville-West Torrens will head up to the APY Lands this week as it looks to unearth indigenous talent from its regional zone.
Eagles premiership coach Jade Sheedy will be joined by Chief Executive Luke Powell and League Director Dave Couzner in conducting talent exhibition matches in Amata on Wednesday and Mutitjulu on Thursday.
Speaking on SANFL Radio, Sheedy – who will be making his first trip to the far north of the state – said they would also be fostering the community’s connection with the club by taking up Eagles merchandise and the Thomas Seymour Hill Trophy.
Sheedy said he had been thoroughly enjoying the celebrations after his side won its first League flag since 2011, with several loyal fans and members overjoyed with the victory against North Adelaide.
A host of senior players – including captain Luke Thompson, defender Pat Giuffreda, wingman Matt Goldsworthy and ruckman Jarrad Redden – have indicated they will play on in 2021.
This could provide the club with great stability for its premiership defence next year, considering powerful backman Lachlan Jones is thought to be the only certainty to be selected in December’s AFL Draft.
Interest has been shown in fellow premiership players James Rowe, Jacob Wehr and Lachie McNeil, who all played vital roles in defeating South Adelaide and North Adelaide in the major round.
https://sanfl.com.au/league/news/eagles-fly-up-to-apy-lands/

I think it’s great going to the APY lands we could get some young players up from there
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:29 am

Quiet on here at the moment. I see on Facebook we have resigned a few of our players for 2021.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:40 am

Sorry I haven’t mentioned them sorry
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:21 pm

The Mutch brothers are very much in our sights.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:38 pm

wimpy wrote:The Mutch brothers are very much in our sights.

Who and where are they from ?

Our two recruits I think one is gone not sure about the other
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next