Mickyj
Gazz
The Barton
Goddsy11
wimpy
14 posters

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Go down

WHAT DOES 2021 HOLD FOR THE EAGLES? - Page 18 Empty Re: WHAT DOES 2021 HOLD FOR THE EAGLES?

Post by Aerie Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:29 am

hawke wrote:Interesting comment in today's Advertiser on the SANFL ruling for players taken in the midseason draft - (words to the effect that). Providing the player's AFL finals commitments are finished, that player is eligible to play in the SANFL finals. With Cooper Sharman, St Kilda is not going to play finals so:
1. If Sharman wants to and the Eagles want him to
and
2. If St Kilda allow him to (because they determine that he is not good enough to be given a contract and therefore don't care about the risk of injury)
then he would be available to play for us in the finals.
Therefore Eagle supporters might "selfishly" hope that Sharman fails to impress St Kilda in the next 3 months for this to eventuate. And, of course, if he plays very badly for St Kilda's B team, then the Eagles may not want him anyway. But I think he would be handy on the bench as our one "tall" (193cm)

With the SANFL season being pushed back a couple of weeks and St Kilda's season finished after this weekend - is there any chance Cooper Sharman would rejoin us for the final two matches of the season and finals? Would we be making that enquiry? He has been playing AFL so I dare say he will get a list spot with St Kilda for next year, but I would imagine if all parties agree, it would be within the rules.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

WHAT DOES 2021 HOLD FOR THE EAGLES? - Page 18 Empty Re: WHAT DOES 2021 HOLD FOR THE EAGLES?

Post by Reddeer Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:20 pm

Cooper Sharman would not be allowed into SA and even if he did he would have 14 days in quarantine which would not help his fitness. So I reckon we can forget that option
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:43 pm

Also he played last weekend for St Kilda v Geelong. Kicked 2.1 goals. It suggests he will be retained on senior list.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:02 pm

I know it is unlikely, but by the rules, Sharman could return to SA, quarantine for 14 days and still be available for the final minor round match against Central and the entire finals series. St Kilda and their VFL affiliate's season will be over after Sunday.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:05 pm

Aerie wrote:I know it is unlikely, but by the rules, Sharman could return to SA, quarantine for 14 days and still be available for the final minor round match against Central and the entire finals series. St Kilda and their VFL affiliate's season will be over after Sunday.

Cooper Sharman has just been offered a two year deal with St Kilda.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:48 pm

Re. Magarey Medal - More of Tsitas' better games were in the losses re. 41 disposals in the worst game of the season to date vs Port an example.  Hayes has dominated games, but not enough of them I feel to match the consistency of the likes of Partington, Gibbs and Mr Anonymous...one of those three should win it.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:59 am

wimpy wrote:
Aerie wrote:I know it is unlikely, but by the rules, Sharman could return to SA, quarantine for 14 days and still be available for the final minor round match against Central and the entire finals series. St Kilda and their VFL affiliate's season will be over after Sunday.

Cooper Sharman has just been offered a two year deal with St Kilda.

Kicked 4 goals for the Saints last weekend. We look like we missed out on a gun but kudos to the recruiters. They have a good eye for talent.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18