Mickyj
Gazz
The Barton
Goddsy11
wimpy
14 posters

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

WHAT DOES 2021 HOLD FOR THE EAGLES? - Page 16 Empty Re: WHAT DOES 2021 HOLD FOR THE EAGLES?

Post by Aerie Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:16 pm

hawke wrote:If I heard accurately, SA govt at present have stated that people from the Qld affected areas (Brisbane) have to have a Covid test on returning, if negative, no quarantining, but further tests day 5 and 12..
We could expect that Clay would have moved around, even landing in Brisbane airport.  Best to get out of there quickly.  But hope to find out next week after all this that he never left Adelaide!  He is shaping up as a very important forward, especially when Jack Hayes plays the backup ruckman role.

No idea when/if Clay Cameron returned, but had a mate that flew up to Brisbane for a training course for this week - then a rush at the airport to get back to Adelaide yesterday. Returns before 5pm Monday would result in isolation until a negative test result comes through. Returns after 5pm resulted in 14 days isolation. Of course there were delays, and he cops 14 days isolation. Has 5 young kids too!
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

WHAT DOES 2021 HOLD FOR THE EAGLES? - Page 16 Empty Re: WHAT DOES 2021 HOLD FOR THE EAGLES?

Post by wimpy Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:01 pm

Aerie wrote:
hawke wrote:If I heard accurately, SA govt at present have stated that people from the Qld affected areas (Brisbane) have to have a Covid test on returning, if negative, no quarantining, but further tests day 5 and 12..
We could expect that Clay would have moved around, even landing in Brisbane airport.  Best to get out of there quickly.  But hope to find out next week after all this that he never left Adelaide!  He is shaping up as a very important forward, especially when Jack Hayes plays the backup ruckman role.

No idea when/if Clay Cameron returned, but had a mate that flew up to Brisbane for a training course for this week - then a rush at the airport to get back to Adelaide yesterday. Returns before 5pm Monday would result in isolation until a negative test result comes through. Returns after 5pm resulted in 14 days isolation. Of course there were delays, and he cops 14 days isolation. Has 5 young kids too!

If Clay Cameron went to Brisbane/Gold Coast I hope he would have come back Sunday night or Monday morning so he could have trained Monday night. Let's hope at the worst he just has to have a covid test and wait for a positive result.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:01 pm

Does anyone have any info on how the Alice Springs lad has performed?
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:38 pm

goddy11 wrote:Does anyone have any info on how the Alice Springs lad has performed?
Anyone seen him in the trial games
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:39 pm

Mishai played a couple of trial games and performed fairly, at this stage nowhere near league level. I think he is injured at the moment.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:06 pm

Anyone see 7 news they were talking about the Eagles missed it
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:38 pm

Talked to James Tsitas and the hopes of going back to back.

I wonder how long its been since the previous years premiers started Round 1 with 10 new players.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:58 pm

Been watching the ex Eagles for Port Vs Norwood. Now halftime.
Lachie Jones disappointing, several handballing errors costing goals, misjudging overheads and getting beaten to the ball.
Schofield, Mead barely sighted.
Marty Fredericks doing very little. He will probably be delisted this year but wouldn't make the Eagle's team (but neither would the others on tonight's performance and surely they are better than this).
The best of the Eagles (for Port) to half time would be Westbrook
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:33 am

Columbo wrote:Talked to James Tsitas and the hopes of going back to back.

I wonder how long its been since the previous years premiers started Round 1 with 10 new players.

So many new players going to buy the budget this week so we know whose who
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:22 am

Just heard on 5AA that Chris Hall has been given the DCM from the Eagles and will play as a Crow top up next week. Disappointing exit from the club.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:47 pm

Just saw a injury physio update on players
Mitch Mead played round 1 he had concussion in a trial
Redden was due to be fit round 1 hopefully he will be back soon
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:56 pm

Apart from Jones debuting for PA tonight , Rhyan Mansell will make his senior debut for Richmond. Great news for both
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:24 pm

goddy11 wrote:Apart from Jones debuting for PA tonight , Rhyan Mansell will make his senior debut for Richmond. Great news for both

That’s at least three from last years Flag winning side McNeil has already played in the AFL
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:37 pm

Mickyj wrote:
goddy11 wrote:Apart from Jones debuting for PA tonight , Rhyan Mansell will make his senior debut for Richmond. Great news for both

That’s at least three from last years Flag winning side McNeil has already played in the AFL

Jimmy Rowe
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:52 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

Jimmy Rowe

Oops I forgot about him
And Jimmy is the first son of a former Crow to play for the crows I saw that online .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:09 pm

The Eagles seem to be linking with Werribee Football Club. Firstly, James Tsitas from Werribee arrives, then his teammate Dane MacFarlane then Nick Hayes signs with Werribee. In an interview, Nick said that the thing that influenced him was that Werribee had similar values to Woodville.
May the next player traffic between the Clubs be in our direction! Namely, a 202cm ruckman
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:26 pm

hawke wrote:The Eagles seem to be linking with Werribee Football Club. Firstly, James Tsitas from Werribee arrives, then his teammate Dane MacFarlane then Nick Hayes signs with Werribee. In an interview, Nick said that the thing that influenced him was that Werribee had similar values to Woodville.
May the next player traffic between the Clubs be in our direction! Namely, a 202cm ruckman

If it wasn’t for covid we would never have gotten Tsitas he said no for how many years .
He brought Macfarlane with him . Good luck for the Eagles if you ask me.
But saying that you could very well be correct Hawke .
Yes a 202 cm ruckman would be great
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:32 pm

James Tsitas and Dane McFarlane grew up living one block from each other.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:41 pm

Watching the U18s Eagles vs Glenelg, it was disappointing to see Glenelg so superior in their structures. Eagles boys just kicked down the line (schoolboy lunch-time stuff), with teammates not prepared to leadup or run past for a handball. Lazy football! The Eagles have been successful in their U18s for a long time - not measured in the number of U18 Premierships (although we've won more than most) but in producing 7-8 footballers each year ('cause 2-3 may be drafted) who will push for League selection in later years. The "cupboard" looks almost bare for the next couple of years. Won't show up until 2-3 years time when the expectation that this group should be coming through. Little wonder that some years, the club can rely on the U18s of the previous 2 years and, in other years, with careful assessment, decide on the need to go out and extensively recruit like this year.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:07 pm

Woodville-West Torrens are in danger of losing a trio of players in this year’s AFL Mid-Season Draft.

The reigning SANFL premiers again have a strong side evidenced by their 3-1 start to the season and the fact that no less than eight players have been named in the state team to play against the WAFL next month.

Eagles coach Jade Sheedy, who doubles as the SANFL head coach, has identified former Adelaide Crows duo Tyson Stengle and Riley Knight along with 24-year-old tall Jack Hayes as those putting themself into AFL calculations.

“I talk to the recruiters a bit and their names definitely come up,” he said on SEN SA Breakfast.

“I think potentially there’s three players we could lose in Jack Hayes, Tyson Stengle and Riley Knight. They’re the three that stick out in my head.

“There’s probably multiple clubs in that boat.”

SEN SA Breakfast co-host and four-time Central District premiership player Andrew Hayes is a big fan of his namesake, rating forward-turned-ruck Hayes as one of the most valuable players in the competition right now.

Sheedy concurred, further providing some insight on what the 194cm Hayes provides the Eagles.

“I agree but I’m biased, I coach him every week,” he added.

“I think the other coaches would say the same thing.

“He’s playing in the ruck for us at the moment, but ideally he plays forward. He’s having games where he kicks two or three goals and has 30 touches as a ruckman.

“I guess the knock, a little bit like (Adelaide’s James Rowe) ‘Rowey’, he was always too slow to play AFL before he got the opportunity. They think Jack is too small. I don’t think that way.

“We’ve got AFL players who have come back and are playing with us, like Kobe Mutch from Essendon, and after they watch him play and train they can’t believe he’s not on a list.

“It’s good to get that feedback because they’ve been in squads and seen (AFL) players. I’d love to see him get the opportunity, I think he’d do really well.”

The Mid-Season Draft has been criticised by some in SANFL circles as they feel it weakens the South Australian clubs, but Sheedy believes it is the perfect launching pad for an AFL career.

Woodville have had a handful of players get their chance at the elite level in recent times and Sheedy is keen for more of the same.

“I’m all for it, they’re the rules. The kids want to play at the highest level they can play,” he said.

“SANFL in many regards is a filtering competition and a stepping stone to the next level and if we can provide that and our kids can play AFL footy, I think it’s a great thing.

“I’ve really enjoyed watching Lachie McNeil playing for the Bulldogs and Rhyan Mansell play for Richmond and James Rowe play for Adelaide and Lachie Jones play for Port Adelaide.

“It’s actually given all our players at our footy club an interest. We always talk about how they go at AFL level.

“At the end of the day, the kids want to play at the highest level they can play and it’s our job to provide them with that opportunity.”

Delisted Crow Knight is averaging 27.5 disposals and seven clearances per game so far this season playing as a full-time midfielder.

Former Richmond small forward Stengle booted four goals against former club Adelaide a fortnight ago and Hayes is averaging seven marks, 22 disposals, 14 hitouts and has kicked six goals so far in 2021.

Sheedy’s SANFL side, with all three mentioned Eagles in tow, will take on the WAFL at the Adelaide Oval on May 15.

The AFL Mid-Season Draft is scheduled for Wednesday, June 2.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu May 20, 2021 9:44 am

The closer the mid year AFL draft comes about the more I am concerned that we may loose up to 4 players. Knight, Stengle, Hayes and Williams. Tsistas may even be in the mix.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu May 20, 2021 10:23 am

goddy11 wrote:The closer the mid year AFL draft comes about the more I am concerned that we may loose up to 4 players. Knight, Stengle, Hayes and Williams. Tsistas may even be in the mix.

It is a big worry we have limited players ready to step up
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon May 24, 2021 9:01 am

Just wondering if Riley Knight will put his name forward for the mid season draft after the way he canned the Crows after being delisted. He severely criticised the way he was managed by the crows. Riley is having a great season so far, he might just want to complete the season with the Eagles and enjoy his football!!!!
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Tue May 25, 2021 8:48 pm

wimpy wrote:Just wondering if Riley Knight will put his name forward for the mid season draft after the way he canned the Crows after being delisted. He severely criticised the way he was managed by the crows. Riley is having a great season so far, he might just want to complete the season with the Eagles and enjoy his football!!!!

Just read a post on bigfooty that Riley is not nominating for the mid season draft....great news for the club if true
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Wed May 26, 2021 7:11 am

MichaelScott wrote:
wimpy wrote:Just wondering if Riley Knight will put his name forward for the mid season draft after the way he canned the Crows after being delisted. He severely criticised the way he was managed by the crows. Riley is having a great season so far, he might just want to complete the season with the Eagles and enjoy his football!!!!

Just read a post on bigfooty that Riley is not nominating for the mid season draft....great news for the club if true

Riley Knight hasn't nominated for mid-season draft.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next