Mickyj
Gazz
The Barton
Goddsy11
wimpy
14 posters

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

WHAT DOES 2021 HOLD FOR THE EAGLES? - Page 17 Empty Re: WHAT DOES 2021 HOLD FOR THE EAGLES?

Post by wimpy Wed May 26, 2021 3:08 pm

SEN has just announced Riley Knight has been a late nominee for the mid season draft. I thought nominations closed yesterday. A club that suits him, must have told him they will pick him up.............bummer.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

WHAT DOES 2021 HOLD FOR THE EAGLES? - Page 17 Empty Re: WHAT DOES 2021 HOLD FOR THE EAGLES?

Post by Goddsy11 Wed May 26, 2021 4:09 pm

wimpy wrote:SEN has just announced Riley Knight has been a late nominee for the mid season draft. I thought nominations closed yesterday. A club that suits him, must have told him they will pick him up.............bummer.

I can see him now playing for PA against us.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Wed May 26, 2021 4:49 pm

goddy11 wrote:
wimpy wrote:SEN has just announced Riley Knight has been a late nominee for the mid season draft. I thought nominations closed yesterday. A club that suits him, must have told him they will pick him up.............bummer.

I can see him now playing for PA against us.

Has nominated 18 months or not at all.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Wed May 26, 2021 8:47 pm

Knight is the perfect pick up for an AFL club needing some midfield depth.

Stengle I’m not so sure about. To me, he’s James Rowe but with goal kicking yips. Very good at SANFL level, but not sure he’s got heaps of upside as an AFL player.

Jack Hayes would be a huge loss.

All of them you’d be glad they get an opportunity at AFL level, as long as they don’t play against us. If Port pick any up we should rightly be up in arms.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Wed May 26, 2021 9:58 pm

Got this from The Age website, was last updated at 5.27
10 players have nominated

Cameron Clay
Hayes Jack
Jungfer Ben
Knight Riley
Mutch Kobe
Phillips Zachary
Sharman Cooper
Stengle Tyson
Tsitas James
Williams Zane
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:59 pm

Sharman gone. Bugger. Not as bad as i thought it could be.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:12 pm

goddy11 wrote:Sharman gone. Bugger. Not as bad as i thought it could be.

Bugger we lost anyone
Lots of AFL teams passed to
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:30 pm

Very, very annoyed at the Advertiser for not listing Woodville West Torrens as the club Cooper Sharman was drafted from, they included his junior team Oakleigh Chargers, the other three draftees had their SANFL clubs listed. This also happened when Rhyan Mansell was selected by Richmond pre-season, they listed North Launceston with no mention of Woodville West Torrens. Bloody disgrace Advertiser.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:44 pm

NORWOOD’S premiership hopes have taken a massive hit, with ace key forward Jackson Callow joining Hawthorn at Wednesday night’s AFL mid-season draft.

But former Richmond and Adelaide small forward Tyson Stengle will have to wait until the end of the year to revive his AFL career after he was overlooked, despite believing he would find a new AFL home.

The loss of 18-year-old contested marking beast Callow, a Tasmanian who trained with the Hawks over summer, is a bitter blow for the Redlegs, who sit fourth on the ladder with a 5-3 win-loss record.

“We’re thrilled for Jackson, there’s no question about that, and we take pride in all of our kids getting the opportunity to play AFL footy,’’ Norwood chief executive James Fantasia said after Callow went at pick 17.

“But as a club and a league we are certainly opposed to the mid-season draft, we are very uncomfortable with it.

“It’s not ideal for state leagues and the impact at a state league level versus the upside for an AFL club is out of kilter.’’

Four SANFL players were chosen among the 22 mid-season picks, with Sturt the hardest hit, with two.

The Double Blues, who sit seventh and are unlikely to push for finals, lost exciting forward Ash Johnson to Collingwood at pick three and speedy midfielder Jed McEntee to Port Adelaide at pick 13.

Johnson, who kicked the matchwinning goal against the Crows in round five, is the halfbrother of Shane McAdam.

Under SANFL rules, players picked by Port and Adelaide at the mid-season draft are not eligible to play against their original SANFL club for that season.

The other SANFL player selected was Woodville-West Torrens utility Cooper Sharman, a former GWS Academy player who played two league games for the Eagles after joining them in the off-season.

The 193cm utility went to St Kilda at pick 21.

Unbeaten Glenelg did not lose a player, the third-placed Eagles retained Stengle, despite Sheedy declaring he was “too good for the SANFL’’, and another former Crow, Riley Knight, while South Adelaide kept small forward Eamon Wilkinson, who had been linked to several AFL clubs.

While Norwood lost Callow, it retained ruckman Michael Knoll after he reportedly failed a medical at Gold Coast.

SANFL general manager football Matthew Duldig congratulated the SANFL players selected but reaffirmed the league’s stance it was not a supporter of the mid-season draft.

“There is no doubt the midseason draft causes disruption to SANFL clubs, their coaches, players, administrators and volunteers who invest a significant level of resource, time and energy in building a team in pursuit of the ultimate success of a premiership,’’ he said.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:26 pm

I don't know if this post was to highlight to me that Woodville West Torrens has been mentioned somewhere but our daily newspaper on page 58 clearly doesn't mention Woodville West Torrens.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:37 pm

wimpy wrote:I don't know if this post was to highlight to me that Woodville West Torrens has been mentioned somewhere but our daily newspaper on page 58 clearly doesn't mention Woodville West Torrens.

No not really. Just posting for all to view. Some on here dont have advertiser access.
I have just checked that out (pg58). Poor form by the Advertiser reporter SIMEON THOMAS-WILSON. Never heard of him but a bit of research or at least proof reading wouldn't go astray.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:15 pm

goddy11 wrote:
wimpy wrote:I don't know if this post was to highlight to me that Woodville West Torrens has been mentioned somewhere but our daily newspaper on page 58 clearly doesn't mention Woodville West Torrens.

No not really. Just posting for all to view. Some on here dont have advertiser access.
I have just checked that out (pg58). Poor form by the Advertiser reporter SIMEON THOMAS-WILSON. Never heard of him but a  bit of research or at least proof reading wouldn't go astray.
The murdoch waste of paper got rid of all the proof readers years ago so now it s just full of errors and hardly worth the cost
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:38 pm

"NORWOOD’S premiership hopes have taken a massive hit, with ace key forward Jackson Callow joining Hawthorn at Wednesday night’s AFL mid-season draft."

Out of the two, I thought Sharman clearly outshone Callow on the day. So we must have taken a massive hit also.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:32 pm

Interesting comment in today's Advertiser on the SANFL ruling for players taken in the midseason draft - (words to the effect that). Providing the player's AFL finals commitments are finished, that player is eligible to play in the SANFL finals. With Cooper Sharman, St Kilda is not going to play finals so:
1. If Sharman wants to and the Eagles want him to
and
2. If St Kilda allow him to (because they determine that he is not good enough to be given a contract and therefore don't care about the risk of injury)
then he would be available to play for us in the finals.
Therefore Eagle supporters might "selfishly" hope that Sharman fails to impress St Kilda in the next 3 months for this to eventuate. And, of course, if he plays very badly for St Kilda's B team, then the Eagles may not want him anyway. But I think he would be handy on the bench as our one "tall" (193cm)
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:44 pm

Re Wimpy's comparison of Callow's performance vs Sharman in the Norwood Vs Eagles match, Cooper Sharman would have struggled against the class of Thompson backed by Guifreda and Rowland, plus the way the Eagles delivered the ball to their forwards made it easier for Sharman.
So, in fairness, no comparison of the 2 players respective abilities  can be drawn from that match.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:00 am

hawke wrote:Re Wimpy's comparison of Callow's performance vs Sharman in the Norwood Vs Eagles match, Cooper Sharman would have struggled against the class of Thompson backed by Guifreda and Rowland, plus the way the Eagles delivered the ball to their forwards made it easier for Sharman.
So, in fairness, no comparison of the 2 players respective abilities  can be drawn from that match.

Might have to ruffle your feathers "hawke". Norwood have the best defence and their supporters boast about it, so I think Sharman's showing was still better!!!!!!!!!

Sharman returning to the Eagles for finals after his stint at St Kilda might also depend on the length of the contract he got, 6 months or 18 months. If he only got a 6 month contract does St Kilda have priority to redraft him or does he go back in to the general pool for drafting?
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:00 pm

Whether or not, St Kilda sign (or have signed) Sharman beyond this half season stint, they may see Sharman playing Finals for the Eagles as beneficial in his development. Afterall, St Kilda allowed him to play the extra game for the Eagles after they signed him but the Covid border restrictions applied (and it was in St Kilda's interest to have its new player playing).
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:00 pm

Good win by the U18. Thought they were going to blow it but some good talent in there.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:49 pm

goddy11 wrote:Good win by the U18. Thought they were going to blow it but some good talent in there.

Went and saw the match. Both teams were heavily disadvantaged by players out with the U17 state team and on college duties but despite this I thought the game played in slippery conditions was of a reasonably high standard.
Best game I've seen Phillips play. Dustin Launer kicked three classy goals. Calvert carried on from his good display in the reserves last week. Will Neumann was extremely tough and never gave up. Burgoyne at times did some classy stuff. Sam Nicholls was very consistent through out the game. Overall I thought the Eagle boys were just a little bit harder and more determined. A very important win, a loss would have seen them tumble out the four.

wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:41 pm

wimpy wrote:
goddy11 wrote:Good win by the U18. Thought they were going to blow it but some good talent in there.

Went and saw the match. Both teams were heavily disadvantaged by players out with the U17 state team and on college duties but despite this I thought the game played in slippery conditions was of a reasonably high standard.
Best game I've seen Phillips play. Dustin Launer kicked three classy goals. Calvert carried on from his good display in the reserves last week. Will Neumann was extremely tough and never gave up. Burgoyne at times did some classy stuff. Sam Nicholls was very consistent through out the game. Overall I thought the Eagle boys were just a little bit harder and more determined. A very important win, a loss would have seen them tumble out the four.

I enjoyed the skill level. Some of the defensive action great. Jase is going to be a star. His defense lacks a bit but it will come. The tall ruckman with the strapped knee showed a bit except for his kicking.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:31 pm

I’d imagine a couple of weeks break at this stage of the season will do the Eagles no harm and perhaps with an extension of the season it gives some time for the likes of Goldsworthy and McFarlane a chance to get back before finals? Hopefully VB, Knight and Cameron are available for the next game? I guess most teams will benefit in terms of freshening up their squads from having a breather at this stage of the year.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:11 am

Aerie wrote:I’d imagine a couple of weeks break at this stage of the season will do the Eagles no harm and perhaps with an extension of the season it gives some time for the likes of Goldsworthy and McFarlane a chance to get back before finals? Hopefully VB, Knight and Cameron are available for the next game? I guess most teams will benefit in terms of freshening up their squads from having a breather at this stage of the year.
Good list of missing players. Might be some upset player if that 5 come back in 1 fell swoop. The B's will look good.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:22 pm

We have never had a Magarey Medal in the club in its 30 years. Have we a chance? Tsitas or Hayes?
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:19 pm

goddy11 wrote:We have never had a  Magarey Medal in the club in its 30 years. Have we a chance? Tsitas or Hayes?

I thought Tsitas until this week and saw what Hayes got in points
They may hurt each other getting points but who knows maybe one will get the medal
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:40 pm

goddy11 wrote:We have never had a  Magarey Medal in the club in its 30 years. Have we a chance? Tsitas or Hayes?

Tsitas is probably the best chance we have had for a while and is leading possessions at the moment, but, as has been the case for much of the last 30 years we share the load and as a result share the votes, probably why as fans we have enjoyed many wins.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next