MichaelScott
Mara32
Peter69
Hareeba
eaglehaslanded
11 posters

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

2017 What do we need to take the next step - Page 11 Empty Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by Premiers Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:16 pm

Mickyj,
When you ask about "...... but what happens in 2017", I am resigned to, at best, 9 wins but expecting 4 wins for the season.
No use raising your blood pressure, Mickyj. Just get use to the likelihood that we will be unlikely to compete against the best teams in 2017 and just enjoy watching our players bursting their guts exceeding expectations. It will be a real test of coaching ability for Godden to get us this team into the 2017 finals.
Go you Eagles!!!!!
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

2017 What do we need to take the next step - Page 11 Empty Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by Mickyj Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:54 pm

Premiers wrote:Mickyj,
When you ask about "...... but what happens in 2017", I am resigned to, at best, 9 wins but expecting 4 wins for the season.
No use raising your blood pressure, Mickyj.  Just get use to the likelihood that we will be unlikely to compete against the best teams in 2017 and just enjoy watching our players bursting their guts exceeding expectations. It will be a real test of coaching ability for Godden to get us this team into the 2017 finals.
Go you Eagles!!!!!

haha no my BP will be fine i just got home from rehabilitation doctor appointment her BP might be raised lol

i think we might struggle with 4 to 9
think i might be bream fishing from September in 2017 ( besides the normal time when i can )
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:37 pm

Stupid exercise so far out but boring times so played around with team placings;

FF               N Hayes           Wundke           Haylock
HF             Petrenko           P Stewart            McGregor
C              Gaffney              Allmond                  Hall
HB             Woods              C Giles              Goldsworthy
BB              Guifreda           Thompson         Summerton

1srR   Bornholm   Rowntree  Boyd

res (& 2nd ruck)  J Hayes  Lewis Poole

emerg.  Brett Ellis

Forward line pretty handy.
Backline a question-mark hoping Giles and Summerton can fulfil their promise
Ruckman weakness (too short), midfielders serviceable but relying on Rowntree to return to his peak form of 2015, Boyd/Petrenko carrying on their early 2016 form, if we're to dominate
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara32 Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:16 pm

Yeah did one myself Premiers...

I had Stewart running off half back with Hayes at CHF, Allmond off other half back and Goldy in back pocket (so Woods and Summerton out of your team).

Boyd and Petrenko on the ball and Rowntree in the centre.

Decent starting 18, but yes, glaring hole for ruck back up.
Mara32
Mara32

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:42 am

Premiers wrote:Stupid exercise so far out but boring times so played around with team placings;

FF               N Hayes           Wundke           Haylock
HF             Petrenko           P Stewart            McGregor
C              Gaffney              Allmond                  Hall
HB             Woods              C Giles              Goldsworthy
BB              Guifreda           Thompson         Summerton

1srR   Bornholm   Rowntree  Boyd

res (& 2nd ruck)  J Hayes  Lewis Poole

emerg.  Brett Ellis

Forward line pretty handy.
Backline a question-mark hoping Giles and Summerton can fulfil their promise
Ruckman weakness (too short), midfielders serviceable but relying on Rowntree to return to his peak form of 2015, Boyd/Petrenko carrying on their early 2016 form, if we're to dominate

i did find that interesting to read
One final in 2015 Eagles had Wundke and Ainger across the FFline for the first quarter confused the hell out of the other side may have been sturt .
Why not J Hayes and Bomber in a pocket changing just a thought
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:25 am

Mickyj
Asking too much of rookie Jack Hayes to play an undersized rucking role and also a big job forward - hence the reason for giving him relief on the bench between rucking stints.

Mara,
You don't like Summerton in the back pocket - fair enough, but we need a 3rd tall in the backline to cover opposition's ruckman and any intra-game injury to Thompson or Giles.
Allmond is good value anywhere and we're going to need him around the ball as both an in-an-under plus giving us run from the centre and penetrating kick. We're certainly going to miss the big midfielder 188cm body of O'Brien which several teams seem to have these days. A "mosquito fleet". May it be as successful as Neil Kerley's successful 1961 mosquito fleet.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:46 am

Premiers wrote:Mickyj
Asking too much of rookie Jack Hayes to play an undersized rucking role and also a big job forward - hence the reason for giving him relief on the bench between rucking stints.

Mara,
You don't like Summerton in the back pocket - fair enough, but we need a 3rd tall in the backline to cover opposition's ruckman and any intra-game injury to Thompson or Giles.
Allmond is good value anywhere and we're going to need him around the ball as both an in-an-under plus giving us run from the centre and penetrating kick. We're certainly going to miss the big midfielder 188cm body of O'Brien which several teams seem to have these days. A "mosquito fleet". May it be as successful as Neil Kerley's successful 1961 mosquito fleet.

fair enough
but his brother Nick didnt have a great year i wonder if we didnt play players in the right spots last year oh well doesnt matter now Smile
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:44 am

I was watching the Darwin football last night on fox. Some good footballers up there. I wonder if the recruiters have spotted any talent they can bring down.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:25 am

just saw my email from the club the 500 dollar members draw tonight
Gods and senior players there to explain how training and players are going and looking .
If anyone can go tonight let us know what Gods says please
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:13 pm

Mickyj wrote:just saw my email from the club the 500 dollar members draw tonight
Gods and senior players there to explain how training and players are going and looking .
Thursday night members Christmas draw
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:59 am

Reddeer wrote:
Mickyj wrote:just saw my email from the club the 500 dollar members draw tonight
Thursday night members Christmas draw

thats it
was mentioned in the Email for it
that Gods will be there talking about whats going on re players and training
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:40 pm

Godden has said Paul Stewart will be our only recognised recruit. Ther are a number of other relatively unknown recruits training. I noticed three rather newbies at training.
One, Jordan West is 202cms a cousins/nephew of Jim West (ex Glenelg), has been playing basketball in the USA for the last four years, don't know his football background.
Another one (ruckman) has played some NEAFL football. Another huge fellow (looks suited to CHB) that used to play with Powelly looked reasonable. A youngster from a Brisbane Lions off shoot club was also training along with some no hopers. Thirteen of our last years U18/19 group have also been invited to train.

Godden said we will be a smaller run and carry team in 2017.

First trail match will be against South Adelaide at Football Park.
Below is a team I would like to see:

Poole Wundke N. Hayes

Stewart J. Hayes McGregor

Gaffney Rowntree Hall

Allmond Thompson Goldsworthy

Whittlesea Giuffreda Woods

Borholm Lewis
Petrenko Sinor
Boyd Rowlands

Possibilities: A. McPherson (but has AIS commitments), Comitigianni, Haylock,
Giles, Heinjus & Summerton,

Injuries: Giuffreda (shoulder op.), M. Raymond (shoulder op.) Lewis (calf).
Several others including Petrenko doing light work. Wundke just keeps running laps, does about 10 kms a session, has lost 9kgs.

Although I would like to see Paul Stewart play up forward the indication I get from talking to some of the players is that he will play down back.

All other clubs except the two AFL clubs made enquiries about getting Jack Hayes.

A look at other SANFL clubs and their losses and gains, show that Norwod and Centrals most probably have had the best gains. Most clubs have not really replaced the quality of players they have lost, and are not in a better situation (maybe only CD has improved) than they were the previous season. WWTFC most probably has the biggest deficit in replacing what we have lost.

Godden plans to introduce youngsters to the league team in which the football club has invested 2 to 3 years.

With the league and reserves teams both playing in Grand Finals in 2016 we should be able to perform well enough to knock on the door of the finals.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:04 pm

Wimpy, thanks for the comprehensive report.

For me, the best "new" news to come from that was the big fellows that they have recruited. May not be up to league standard but gives us some hope that being our only 198cm plus guys, they may present "nuisance" value for opposition later in season 2017 as well as being project players for 2018.

Don't mind your team (above) at all. Paul Stewart gives flexibility to the team placings. Terrible dependence on Bornholm remaining fit and in form for the entire season. Too much to ask young rookie Jack Hayes to play the hardest position on the field CHF as well as take on the 200cm guys as a relieving ruckman for Bomber.

Interesting to learn that our Gaffney was interviewed by Port Power and a Melbourne club before December's draft - a quality player, and has a younger brother in U16s who's pretty slick too.

When you go through the lists of other clubs, there doesn't seem to be the big spending on multiple recruits that we've seen in other years - perhaps Clubs are heeding the warning to pull back on big spending.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:47 pm

Thanks Wimpy the club went quiet there has been very little coming out
i had heard from other Eagles fans we would be playing a small running game.
Also heard our players who had preseason ops will be starting slow this year
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:42 pm

Premiers - Think you will find Jack Gaffney's brother (Cooper) plays in our U18's. Is a left footer and an extremely good player, was captain of St Michaels. Is still eligible for U18s in 2017. Should make U18 State team next year. Would hope he is given a go in the reserves. Both league and reserves teams will look vastly different next season.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:30 am

wimpy wrote:Godden has said Paul Stewart will be our only recognised recruit. Ther are a number of other relatively unknown recruits training. I noticed three rather newbies at training.
One, Jordan West is 202cms a cousins/nephew of Jim West (ex Glenelg), has been playing basketball in the USA for the last four years, don't know his football background.
Another one (ruckman) has played some NEAFL football. Another huge fellow (looks suited to CHB) that used to play with Powelly looked reasonable. A youngster from a Brisbane Lions off shoot club was also training along with some no hopers. Thirteen of our last years U18/19 group have also been invited to train.

Poole          Wundke          N. Hayes

Stewart      J. Hayes          McGregor

Gaffney       Rowntree        Hall

Allmond       Thompson        Goldsworthy

Whittlesea    Giuffreda        Woods

Borholm        Lewis
Petrenko       Sinor
Boyd            Rowlands

Several others including Petrenko doing light work. Wundke just keeps          running laps, does about 10 kms a session, has lost 9kgs.

Although I would like to see Paul Stewart play up forward the indication I get from talking to some of the players is that he will play down back.

All other clubs except the two AFL clubs made enquiries about getting Jack Hayes.

A look at other SANFL clubs and their losses and gains, show that Norwod and Centrals most probably have had the best gains. Most clubs have not really replaced the quality of players they have lost, and are not in a better situation (maybe only CD has improved) than they were the previous season. WWTFC most probably has the biggest deficit in replacing what we have lost.

Godden plans to introduce youngsters to the league team in which the football club has invested 2 to 3 years.

With the league and reserves teams both playing in Grand Finals in 2016 we should be able to perform well enough to knock on the door of the finals.

im also hearing from another Eagles fan Gods wants or will have a smaller faster team
hoping we will finish top 3 before the finals
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:36 pm

wimpy wrote:Godden has said Paul Stewart will be our only recognised recruit. Ther are a number of other relatively unknown recruits training. I noticed three rather newbies at training.

Borholm        Lewis
Petrenko       Sinor
Boyd            Rowlands

Several others including Petrenko doing light work. Wundke just keeps          running laps, does about 10 kms a session, has lost 9kgs.

Good stuff Wimpy. There was always going to be some new blood coming through. 202cm seems a good height. I think Haylock is a certainty. Liked the look of him. Comitigianni may take time. A good player but too many smalls. I would have liked Jackson Press giving it another season.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:12 pm

goddy11 wrote:

Borholm        Lewis
Petrenko       Sinor
Boyd            Rowlands

Good stuff Wimpy. There was always going to be some new blood coming through. 202cm seems a good height. I think Haylock is a certainty. Liked the look of him. Comitigianni may take time. A good player but too many smalls. I would have liked Jackson Press giving it another season.

i think we are changing things a little on the field yes play more youngsters
but small players moving he ball fast is going back a step hopefully the eagles by going back move forwards as well
if that makes sense

i am interested in the rucks but also the big back man coming in does that free Thompson to move forward like he did in the past
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:23 pm

any more news guys and gals
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:37 pm

Mickyj wrote:any more news guys and gals
The club office is shut until 9th Jan so we wont hear much if anything until after that
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:10 pm

Reddeer wrote:
Mickyj wrote:any more news guys and gals
The club office is shut until 9th Jan so we wont hear much if anything until after that

good point

I feel like homer simpson lol
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:24 am

Does anyone know if our boys are back on the track and any news coming from the club?
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:07 am

goddy11 wrote:Does anyone know if our boys are back on the track and any news coming from the club?

havent heard anything yet
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:19 pm

Thanks MickyJ, I appreciate your passion and knowledge. I was just trying to get any Eagles talk back to our forum rather than the SA Footy bun fight earlier in the week. If the supporters can not be united how can the club.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:30 pm

goddy11 wrote:Thanks MickyJ, I appreciate your passion and knowledge. I was just trying to get any Eagles talk back to our forum rather than the SA Footy bun fight earlier in the week. If the supporters can not be united how can the club.

Some of that maybe my fault all the negativity about Godden the new recruits and how bad the coaching staff i think or Luke Powell got to me ,
And everyone that answered wasnt the so called Eagles fan he never got back to the ruck men we were trying out
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next