MichaelScott
Mara32
Peter69
Hareeba
eaglehaslanded
11 posters

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

2017 What do we need to take the next step - Page 10 Empty Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by Premiers Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:47 am

Mickyj
If you google:      Hannath AFL Rookie Youtube Highlights

then up comes an impressive film clip of Hannath playing for Centrals at the Parade. I can't imagine he's gone that far backwards since then. Showed strong tapwork, some strong marks and good mobility around the ground.      OK, so he didn't make it to AFL standard but would more than just replace big Red.   Also age-wise, we could expect him to have  3-5 years in him and as big ruckman mature slowly, could expect his best years to occur now. Plus, in his mind, if he thinks he's still a chance for AFL (though most would disagree) he is likely to be right on "ëdge" to perform.
I reckon our onball brigade (Rowntree, Boyd, Petrenko etc) would be hoping for the signing to put them on even ground with other teams rather than roving to losing rucks
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

2017 What do we need to take the next step - Page 10 Empty Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by Mickyj Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:30 am

Premiers wrote:Mickyj
If you google:      Hannath AFL Rookie Youtube Highlights

then up comes an impressive film clip of Hannath playing for Centrals at the Parade. I can't imagine he's gone that far backwards since then. Showed strong tapwork, some strong marks and good mobility around the ground.      OK, so he didn't make it to AFL standard but would more than just replace big Red.   Also age-wise, we could expect him to have  3-5 years in him and as big ruckman mature slowly, could expect his best years to occur now. Plus, in his mind, if he thinks he's still a chance for AFL (though most would disagree) he is likely to be right on "ëdge" to perform.
I reckon our onball brigade (Rowntree, Boyd, Petrenko etc) would be hoping for the signing to put them on even ground with other teams rather than roving to losing rucks

hey premiers im sold we just need to wait on the club
i have also been told who recommended him to Gods or the club if you wish
its a waiting game
i like the centrals fans he is not coming home doesnt know if he wants to play sanfl
if he comes back it will cost the farm
stuff like that doesnt put me off we didnt sell the farm for the Butcher lol
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:42 pm

Didn't we spend on Frazer Thurlow as a ruckman with great prospects and look how that turned out
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:55 pm

Now that Hannath has signed with Centrals whats plan B.. is there one?...or are we going to field a side in the pygmy league next year
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:09 am

MichaelScott wrote:Now that Hannath has signed with Centrals whats plan B.. is there one?...or are we going to field a side in the pygmy league next year

i am hearing so much talk whispers rumours whatever we call them
i was told yesterday rucks will be Bomber and Hayes .
My understanding from this chat Hayes was told he will ruck

thats what ive been told
but who knows there aint much coming out of oval ave
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:07 am

Jack Hayes is 192cm perhaps 193cm max. It would be like throwing meat to the lions to throw this talented young CHF up against ruckmen like Osborne 204cm, Bass 202cm, Baulderstone 200cm etc. And as hard as Bomber tries, at 194cm, he has shown that, at best, he is only nuisance value at the ball-ups even though he's good value in field play.

(Has the Hannath-to-Centrals been confirmed? Only seen ONE reference of it by a Central's supporter on safooty)
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:21 am

Someone down at Oval avenue is either on drugs or living in la la land...
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:37 am

Premiers wrote:Jack Hayes is 192cm perhaps 193cm max. It would be like throwing meat to the lions to throw this talented young CHF up against ruckmen like Osborne 204cm, Bass 202cm, Baulderstone 200cm etc. And as hard as Bomber tries, at 194cm, he has shown that, at best, he is only nuisance value at the ball-ups even though he's good value in field play.

(Has the Hannath-to-Centrals been confirmed? Only seen ONE reference of it by a Central's supporter on safooty)

well thats what im hearing from someone who talks to Eagles players and board people
we recruited Stewart and said no to the bays player hes gone to salisbury im reading .

i understand its December is it just me are we going with what players we have left after the 14 15 or 16 that retired or left

So it looks to me we are going to play with what we have reckon 2017 will be a hard year for us fans not much to look forward to.
Unless we do sign someone cause it appears to me that Bomber and Hayes will change at CHF cant see that working all the time
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:51 am

Yeah i'd say the recruiting's done its almost Xmas...lose your only genuine ruckman at the club...CHB..CHF and the best big man backup in the reserves...and not replace them....looking at the reserves all year they are a very small team so limited options from there..someone was talking about Giles...how many games has he played in 4 years???..better be praying for heaps of rain next year not only are we going to the smallest team in the comp but lack pace as well
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:40 am

Said it before but there's not a lot that can be done about it but:
there has been a lack of genuine talls coming up through our junior ranks going right back to the young Jacobs era and that was ? 10 years ago. I watch 2-3 games of U18s and U16s each year and other teams' ruckmen most often dwarf ours (eg Glenelg vs Eagles U16 GF). Can we scout the local and country zones for U16s talls and encourage them to come out even if their skills are down. We've got to prepare now for 2018, 2019 big man department. Sure, we can go out and buy a ruckman and that serves as a quickfix but we are thrown into disarray anyway when that import gets injured or doesn't shape up (Thurlow) or goes after one year (Redden). And I mean kids U16s who are 196cm and growing and U18s who are around 198cm plus!!!
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:34 am

Premiers wrote:Said it before but there's not a lot that can be done about it but:
there has been a lack of genuine talls coming up through our junior ranks going right back to the young Jacobs era and that was ? 10 years ago. I watch 2-3 games of U18s and U16s each year and other teams' ruckmen most often dwarf ours (eg Glenelg vs Eagles U16 GF). Can we scout the local and country zones for U16s talls and encourage them to come out even if their skills are down. We've got to prepare now for 2018, 2019 big man department. Sure, we can go out and buy a ruckman and that serves as a quickfix but we are thrown into disarray anyway when that import gets injured or doesn't shape up (Thurlow) or goes after one year (Redden). And I mean kids U16s who are 196cm and growing and U18s who are around 198cm plus!!!

ok so we do that for 2018 and 2019 no argument

What do we do for 2017 its basically xmas we have one ruck man and Hayes
is 2017 the year we will be in the bottom 2
and 2018 we make it back into the finals
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:40 am

hannath being signed was posted on talking footy and sa footy
gone from sa footy
i wonder what that means
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:40 am

MichaelScott wrote:Someone down at Oval avenue is either on drugs or living in la la land...
Thats a bit off
They have a skeleton staff there now to save money and they are flat out preparing an annual report.
Give them time, the season is still 4 months away
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:46 am

Reddeer wrote:
MichaelScott wrote:Someone down at Oval avenue is either on drugs or living in la la land...
Thats a bit off
They have a skeleton staff there now to save money and they are flat out preparing an annual report.
Give them time, the season is still 4 months away

i understand what your saying Reddeer
we read all those teams recruiting players some our ex players and imported rucks
we got stewart

we just need one more ruck for 2017
we cant do a year with one ruck can we

or is Gods ready for the second ruck to be short and lose the centre bounces

i must stop thinking lol
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:51 am

Ironical that young 198cm Mullins swapped to Sturt last season possibly because of lack of opportunity with Redden being recruited (and with Bomber) and Mullin's weak performances when he was given chances in 2015. Anyway, for 2016, he goes to Sturt where they recruited Osborne and then Parella comes up (plus early season Mullins ? breaks his leg/does his ACL). Had he stayed with the Eagles, in 2017 he would have been strongly considered as our ruck option despite his football immaturity.
You would think that he would be considering a swap back.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:28 pm

Premiers wrote:Ironical that young 198cm Mullins swapped to Sturt last season possibly because of lack of opportunity with Redden being recruited (and with Bomber) and Mullin's weak performances when he was given chances in 2015.  Anyway, for 2016, he goes to Sturt where they recruited Osborne and then Parella comes up (plus early season Mullins ? breaks his leg/does his ACL). Had he stayed with the Eagles, in 2017 he would have been strongly considered as our ruck option despite his football immaturity.  
You would think that he would be considering a swap back.

funny you should mention Mullins
not sure its him but i saw a post maybe on talking footy a prodigal son is returning
wonder if its mullins
or one of our old ruck men who went off to the country to play
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:29 pm

Craig Parry was good.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:25 pm

That ruckman, who went to the "country" is possibly Paul Hoban (if Southern League can be called "country"). Hoban has become the best ruckman in that comp.
Query whether he would be interested returning seeing that he's probably already getting good money for training only twice/week compared to the onerous commitment of league football.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:20 pm

Premiers wrote:That ruckman,  who went to the "country" is possibly Paul Hoban (if Southern League can be called "country"). Hoban has become the best ruckman in that comp.
Query whether he would be interested returning seeing that he's probably already getting good money for training only twice/week compared to the onerous commitment of league football.

Good memory jerker. P Hoban played in the GS league. I follow Myponga( only through family connection) in that league. Have seen him play. I never rated him at the Eags but ruckmen improve with age. He seemed to be ok in that league. Remember Lachie Mc came from the same league.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:24 pm

Premiers wrote:That ruckman,  who went to the "country" is possibly Paul Hoban (if Southern League can be called "country"). Hoban has become the best ruckman in that comp.

Sorry Premiers since my head brain injury memory is not great for me .
And i live at present very close to the city by bus anyway so when you say south league that seems far away lol.
Hoban was gods first year or second he'd be getting up in years

Was just saying there was a post on talking footy about a prodigal son returning . Was hoping for a ruckman .

But i will go with what some one closer than myself to the club told me .
One main ruck man in Bomber and helped by Hayes the year we had one ruck man we lost two games be being the GF .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:25 pm

goddy11 wrote:

Good memory jerker. P Hoban played in the GS league. I follow Myponga( only through family connection) in that league. Have seen him play. I never rated him at the Eags but ruckmen improve with age. He seemed to be ok in that league. Remember Lachie Mc came from the same league.

i think we are living in hope .
my mail is the club is not desperate and will go with the players we have .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:00 pm

What happens when Bomber gets injured as he surely will at some stage (few ruckman play every game). Do we then put our full-back Thompson and after that our next tallest Wundke into the ruck??!!!!
Hope for the best (9 wins) but prepared for the worst (4 wins). Still can enjoy my footy by watching a few youngsters develop (Gaffney, Haylock, Cameron Giles, Jack Hayes) and be able to take holidays in September and be ready for an Eagles assault on the 2018 Premiership! Providing we plan for recruiting some real height in the next 12 months. At least our Financial position should be helped because, to the outsider, it looks like we haven't spent big on recruiting.
Could be worse, look at Glenelg - if you gave them a choice of playing in the GF or greatly reducing their debt, debt reduction allowing Glenelg's continued existence would take priority.

That said, it's disappointing that we didn't see this predicament (re lack of tall ruckman) looming from the lack of Seconds ruckman at the start of the season and then Redden surely giving indications that he wasn't going on towards the end.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:05 pm

Premiers wrote:What happens when Bomber gets injured as he surely will at some stage (few ruckman play every game). Do we then put our full-back Thompson and after that our next tallest Wundke into the ruck??!!!!
Hope for the best (9 wins) but prepared for the worst (4 wins). Still can enjoy my footy by watching a few youngsters develop (Gaffney, Haylock, Cameron Giles, Jack Hayes) and be able to take holidays in September and be ready for an Eagles assault on the 2018 Premiership!   Providing we plan for recruiting some real height in the next 12 months.  At least our Financial position should be helped because, to the outsider, it looks like we haven't spent big on recruiting.
Could be worse, look at Glenelg - if you gave them a choice of playing in the GF or greatly reducing their debt, debt reduction allowing Glenelg's continued existence would take priority.

That said, it's disappointing that we didn't see this predicament (re lack of tall ruckman) looming from the lack of Seconds ruckman at the start of the season and then Redden surely giving indications that he wasn't going on towards the end.

I think you are being quite generous..the lack of recruiting is poor...bordering on incompetence..the last three months have been a disaster for the club...how many supporters will show up next year we we are not winning...a number have dropped off due to the frustration with the AFL situation but have been minimised to a degree by having a good team
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:01 am

MichaelScott wrote:
Premiers wrote:What happens when Bomber gets injured as he surely will at some stage (few ruckman play every game). Do we then put our full-back Thompson and after that our next tallest Wundke into the ruck??!!!!
Hope for the best (9 wins) but prepared for the worst (4 wins). Still can enjoy my footy by watching a few youngsters develop (Gaffney, Haylock, Cameron Giles, Jack Hayes) and be able to take holidays in September and be ready for an Eagles assault on the 2018 Premiership!   Providing we plan for recruiting some real height in the next 12 months.  At least our Financial position should be helped because, to the outsider, it looks like we haven't spent big on recruiting.

I think you are being quite generous..the lack of recruiting is poor...bordering on incompetence..the last three months have been a disaster for the club...how many supporters will show up next year we we are not winning...a number have dropped off due to the frustration with the AFL situation but have been minimised to a degree by having a good team

While i tend to agree with you Michaelscott guess we have to wait and see what happens.
Premiers i understand you wish us to make sure we can have players coming up for 2018 but what happens in 2017 .
Is it like i have been told we are going with the players we have for 2017
we must all have patience and see what unfolds
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:09 pm

I see that its been made official with Hannath signing at the dogs...they also mention that a midfielder and key position backman are also targeted...where is this type of communication from our club...the only thing we get is a letter in the mail asking for 2017 membership money
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next