MichaelScott
Mara32
Peter69
Hareeba
eaglehaslanded
11 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

2017 What do we need to take the next step - Page 9 Empty Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by Mickyj Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:11 am

MichaelScott wrote:There was a rumour on TalkingfootySA that a club or clubs have had their salary cap reduced...maybe that explains whats going on...we must have had ours reduced by 50%

ok even though im told i post dribble on talking footy i asked on fans of the sanfl on facebook which clubs are cutting the salary cap
told not the eagles
i may dribble but i do search for answers
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

2017 What do we need to take the next step - Page 9 Empty Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by Premiers Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:49 pm

I'm unsure of the sentiments of the Eagle supporters?
There's been questions and criticism of salary caps restrictions. We have to accept that SANFL clubs have been spending beyond their means and not to expect signings of big names (usually ex-AFL delisted) if we want the clubs to exist into the future.
Yes, supporters will scream "what about the money that is freed up by Ainger, O'Brien, Redden and others etc going". Money that we couldn't afford anyway. Surely we'll sign a couple more players but winning premierships may take second place to staying in existence and supporters should accept that.
Though it hurts to say, Sturt showed everyone how to turn around their finances in a relatively short time by strict budgeting AND still win the Premiership.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:04 pm

Premiers wrote:I'm unsure of the sentiments of the Eagle supporters?
There's been questions and criticism of salary caps restrictions. We have to accept that SANFL clubs have been spending beyond their means and not to expect signings of big names (usually ex-AFL delisted) if we want the clubs to exist into the future.
Yes, supporters will scream "what about the money that is freed up by Ainger, O'Brien, Redden and others etc going". Money that we couldn't afford anyway. Surely we'll sign a couple more players but winning premierships may take second place to staying in existence and supporters should accept that.
Though it hurts to say, Sturt showed everyone how to turn around their finances in a relatively short time by strict budgeting AND still win the Premiership.

i think someone answered me with one club not ours cutting their cap for this year
Until it comes from the SANFL i wont post which club
You might be right Premiers but Eagles need a ruck man for 2017 we need more than Bomber any clue will it be the taller Hayes ?
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:52 pm

So what you are saying is that we can't pay out to our salary cap ...that's crap
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:13 pm

MichaelScott wrote:

So what you are saying is that we can't pay out to our salary cap ...that's crap

if they are cutting every ones Cap it will not start before 2018 or thats the thoughts

And the three teams getting 2017 cap cut is not the Eagles .
i have no idea when the SANFL will notify the fans
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:28 pm

And how was Sturt using strict budgeting when they went out and bought the best midfield in the comp = premiership...no recruiting no success...who wants to go and watch a team make up the numbers each week..do you want to be the next Glenelg i would rather fold then be a club like that
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:29 pm

Michael Scott,

Read your Annual Report, and look at our financials then tell me the last time and how many times in the past 10 years, has the Eagles football club been out of the "red". The clubs thought the sale of footy park would be their savior despite the falling interest in the SANFL and have continued to match each other with big spending. The SANFL have seen this (you haven't) and are trying to rein expenditure in. The Eagles, as I understand, have tightened their belts by reducing staff and having multi-tasking employees.
In that way, the Eagles might avoid (or at least delay) the position that Glenelg is reported to be in.
The Eagles will recruit as they have already done with Paul Stewart (a good one), try to get a tall ruckman and maybe a midfielder. But not the big spending of past years.

Re Sturt, they brought in a CEO, who really trimmed back on expenditure last year - an inside Sturt man told me even the petty things like wanting to virtually know the cost of paint for the clubrooms, then doing it themselves. Regarding Sturt's midfield that you talk about, correct me if I'm wrong, but except for Osborne, those midfielders (certainly Kirkwood) were brought into the team in 2015 not 2016.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:31 pm

Doesn't matter when they got them be it 2015 or 2016...the reported $ paid for aiden riley and brodie martin as well as mcmahon...a number of clubs have been complaining about Sturt and the cap and how they could afford to bring these players in..without them there is no way they would have been premiers...they are not resting either...no lazy recruiting at Sturt have barely lost anyone and are adding players....
If things are so tight and we are not recruiting then who is the football department..maybe they should be removed to save money
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:57 am

Premiers wrote:Michael Scott,

Read your Annual Report, and look at our financials then tell me the last time and how many times in the past 10 years, has the Eagles football club been out of the "red". The clubs thought the sale of footy park would be their savior despite the falling interest in the SANFL and have continued to match each other with big spending. The SANFL have seen this (you haven't) and are trying to rein expenditure in. The Eagles, as I understand, have tightened their belts by reducing staff and having multi-tasking employees.
In that way, the Eagles might avoid (or at least delay) the position that Glenelg is reported to be in.
The Eagles will recruit as they have already done with Paul Stewart (a good one), try to get a tall ruckman and maybe a midfielder. But not the big spending of past years.

Re Sturt, they brought in a CEO, who really trimmed back on expenditure last year - an inside Sturt man told me even the petty things like wanting to virtually know the cost of paint for the clubrooms, then doing it themselves. Regarding Sturt's midfield that you talk about, correct me if I'm wrong, but except for Osborne, those midfielders (certainly Kirkwood) were brought into the team in 2015 not 2016.  

OK lets be gentlemen here not saying your not .
Eagles club is or hasnt been making money for awhile .
I havent read the report
But we appointed a CEO who was a captain of the league didnt get us anywhere he left or was well i dont know , He left then what was it 2 weeks his son left spat the dummy was the talk .
Yes sturt bought players they bought one of afl delisted eagles we couldnt have him due to the CAP, He was lucky won a flag .

So the big question is what do the Eagles do .
We must spend money on players we can not bring them al up from the seconds . Why we need a ruck man we didnt have a ruck a recognized ruck in the seconds .
We have recruited exafl in 2015 lasted one year goodbye was he worth it truthfully
We may have held onto players getting towards the end of their careers was it worth it.
We have lost seconds players who should have stepped up in 2016 once again did we lose a lot of talent

So how do the eagles survive with one ruck in both league and seconds
So we have money free on the cap could we sign players
Answer those then we may know if 2017 is the year we have even less fans than the last decade
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:00 am

MichaelScott wrote:Doesn't matter when they got them be it 2015 or 2016...the reported $ paid for aiden riley and brodie martin as well as mcmahon...a number of clubs have been complaining about Sturt and the cap and how they could afford to bring these players in..without them there is no way they would have been premiers...they are not resting either...no lazy recruiting at Sturt have barely lost anyone and are adding players....
If things are so tight and we are not recruiting then who is the football department..maybe they should be removed to save money

good points
as i wrote above
Eagles as far as we know have one ruckman in both league and seconds how do we survive

So why doesnt the club come out and tell us whats going on
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:55 am

OK rumours on talking footy delisted AFL footballer tall key position player
Wonder if its us
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:47 pm

Looks like johansson is still available...we should be going for him...he can break lines something we haven't been able to do in the last 2 GF's
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:07 pm

Batley now a blood
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:05 pm

Forget Johannssen.

Number one target should be Hannath - 200 cm 25 years 101 kg delisted Freo rookie (from Centrals). Check his draft highlights youtube. Impressive skills
Would exactly fill the Eagles' most glaring need. And being late December, no time to grab another ruckman anywhere near as good as he.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:59 pm

Premiers wrote:Forget Johannssen.

Number one target should be Hannath - 200 cm 25 years 101 kg delisted Freo rookie (from Centrals). Check his draft highlights youtube. Impressive skills
Would exactly fill the  Eagles' most glaring need. And being late December, no time to grab another ruckman anywhere near as good as he.

We wouldnt be the only ones talking to him

bays picked up a 200cm ruck forward
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:40 am

Would exactly fill the  Eagles' most glaring need. And being late December, no time to grab another ruckman anywhere near as good as he.

Why would we only be targeting one player??? Apparently we spoke to Hannath on Monday but its been alluded to on SAFooty that he maybe staying in Perth....even Glenelg can sign a ruckman...was he the guy we were speaking to earlier???
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:54 am

MichaelScott wrote:

Why would we only be targeting one player??? Apparently we spoke to Hannath on Monday but its been alluded to on SAFooty that he maybe staying in Perth....even Glenelg can sign a ruckman...was he the guy we were speaking to earlier???

if he is staying Perth how did we meet him this week
are centrals trying to put us off

And yes why are we only going after one player
we got redden back lasted one year
we got obrien from vfl came second in the medal left after one year

What the hell is going wrong
When will we hear if we have picked up any players
Cause just Bomber and Hayes is not enough Ruck stocks or forward stocks
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:30 am

Mickyj. Its only early December. I am sure they have plans in place. We need to get the correct player(s), at the right price and coming for the right reason. Mick Godden and team are the best in the business and they will get it right.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:09 am

goddy11 wrote:Mickyj. Its only early December. I am sure they have plans in place. We need to get the correct player(s), at the right price and coming for the right reason. Mick Godden and team are the best in the business and they will get it right.

yeah ive lost track of time lol
i know its early
We just keep seeing other teams announce players we announce Stewart thats all at present .
Guess i need to wait and see if we do recruit anyone or go with who we have on the books .

funny the ruck man thing are we or arent we talking to the centrals ex player suddenly centrals fans posting he is staying in perth lol its that time of the year silly season
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:26 am

One of your great attributes is you have a deep passion for the Eagles. (like us all)
Keep it up mate. It is the silly season like you say.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara32 Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:04 pm

You're spot on Goddy11...

Speaking with Godsy a few weeks ago, he was very comfortable with our list (and with the addition of Paul Stewart)...
Yes, they were clearly having talks with Butcher, but obviously were not willing to pay overs for him as Centrals probably have.

And all the departures we've had were anticipated months ago (well before the season ended) probably with the exception of Von Bertouch - it was nearly a bonus that O'Brien "nearly stayed", but wasn't expected to.

Cam Giles and Gus Rowntree are virtual new recruits for 2017, and throw in Stewy, our starting 21 looks pretty strong.
Depth? Not sure - but we've had great depth for 5 years and hasn't netted us the ultimate prize (in the league).

I do agree that another ruckman/forward would round things off nicely... so will watch with interest to see how the Hannath situation plays out.

Godden hasn't got too much wrong in his 7 seasons, so I trust his direction - and I'm almost a bit relieved that a fair bit of "dead wood" is gone from the club.
Mara32
Mara32

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:17 pm

goddy11 wrote:One of your great attributes is you have a deep passion for the Eagles. (like us all)
Keep it up mate. It is the silly season like you say.

thanks goddy11 not having a great health day today was almost under a bus coming home .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:19 pm

ok i do remember reading one name not mentioned again
Sam Michael any info on him
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Michael_(footballer)
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:54 pm

Sam Michael 23 yrs,101kg 199cm. His VFL critique listed him mainly as a dour defender, (also forward/ruckman) low stats, no rebound unimpressive. Perhaps not a wise spend.

If Jack Hannath is still chasing his AFL dream, the Eagles would be a perfect fit where as our only genuine tall ruckman (sorry Bomber), compared with Centrals with Fort or Glenelg with McGinty or in WAFL, Perth, he would be certain to get more onfield game time and show off his talent. Plus we should have more money to throw at him than Glenelg.   And even  more than Centrals, who have already bought some recruits including costly Butcher.
So come on Jack, see sense and sign with us!
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:59 am

Premiers wrote:Sam Michael 23 yrs,101kg 199cm. His VFL critique listed him mainly as a dour defender, (also forward/ruckman) low stats, no rebound unimpressive. Perhaps not a wise spend.

If Jack Hannath is still chasing his AFL dream, the Eagles would be a perfect fit where as our only genuine tall ruckman (sorry Bomber), compared with Centrals with Fort or Glenelg with McGinty or in WAFL, Perth, he would be certain to get more onfield game time and show off his talent. Plus we should have more money to throw at him than Glenelg.   And even  more than Centrals, who have already bought some recruits including costly Butcher.
So come on Jack, see sense and sign with us!

i kept quiet for weeks naming Hannath on footy forums i was told weeks ago we were talking to him .
i have heard nothing since except what was written on SA Footy . When it was posted by a centrals fan and media person Hannath was unsure if he wished to leave perth . I had to answer i had heard he was talking to two other SANFL teams in fact he was talking to one either that day or the next , didnt say it was our Eagles ,
Noticed suddenly centrals fans saying he wasnt worth paying the farm for then they saying but the Eagles would .
Like you have suggested Premiers did centrals pay the farm for butcher makes you think
hopefully he will sign with us and we can hear from the club.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next