MichaelScott
Mara32
Peter69
Hareeba
eaglehaslanded
11 posters

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

2017 What do we need to take the next step - Page 8 Empty Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by Mara32 Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:05 pm

Gotta love how North fans on other forums are up in arms about how many players were drafted from their club on Friday... the West fans responding that it happened to them last year... then Sturt fans buying in that they've had their share over the years... all of them putting it down to their relative lack of success over a period of time.

Not too many clubs would've had the amount and quality of players drafted to AFL that the Eagles have, particularly since 1999, yet we've still played finals every year except 2008, made 8 Grand Finals, and won 2 Flags.

Maybe they should look st their club as a whole, not just their team.
Mara32
Mara32

Back to top Go down

2017 What do we need to take the next step - Page 8 Empty Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by Mickyj Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:40 pm

Mara32 wrote:Gotta love how North fans on other forums are up in arms about how many players were drafted from their club on Friday... the West fans responding that it happened to them last year... then Sturt fans buying in that they've had their share over the years... all of them putting it down to their relative lack of success over a period of time.

Not too many clubs would've had the amount and quality of players drafted to AFL that the Eagles have, particularly since 1999, yet we've still played finals every year except 2008, made 8 Grand Finals, and won 2 Flags.

Maybe they should look st their club as a whole, not just their team.

meanwhile if any club is over the Cap its always us by these fans
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:06 pm

umm ive upset sturt fans on talking footy oops
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:46 pm

Noticed that Keegan Brooksby was redrafted on Rookie list for Gold Suns stopping his return to South Adelaide (or other interested SANFL Clubs).
Also with Brett Eddy listed, the Rookie Draft was a bad outcome for South.
For the Eagles, no real damage. Tyson Stengle was unlikely to have a big influence next season although big Brennan Cox may have.
Now the smoke has settled, let's hope for the announcement of a big ruckman signing on for the Eagles.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:08 pm

Premiers wrote:Noticed that Keegan Brooksby was redrafted on Rookie list for Gold Suns stopping his return to South Adelaide (or other interested SANFL Clubs).
Also with Brett Eddy listed, the Rookie Draft was a bad outcome for South.
For the Eagles, no real damage. Tyson Stengle was unlikely to have a big influence next season although big Brennan Cox may have.
Now the smoke has settled, let's hope for the announcement of a big ruckman signing on for the Eagles.

I rate both these players especially Cox. It could have been worse. I thought the young rover Jake C may have gone. Richmond will destroy Sengle. I don't think we receive anything for rookies which is not fair for development.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:28 pm

The link between Fremantle and the Eagles has continued on Friday night at the NAB AFL Draft as Brennan Cox was selected with pick 41. Brennan, a 194cm key position player, joins defender Cam Sutcliffe as a fellow Woodville West-Torrens product at the club, the pair will look to continue the legacy started by retiring legend Matthew Pavlich. Also departing the Eagles into the AFL system is Tyson Stengle who joined the Richmond Football club with pick 6 in the AFL Rookie Draft. Tyson is a small forward/midfielder displaying elite speed and goal sense. The Woodville West Torrens Football Club wish the boys all the best at the new clubs.

Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:16 pm

Looks like the ruckman we were supposed to be getting has signed with Sturt and butcher is apparently about to sign with Centrals...things are not looking good
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara32 Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:11 pm

Read was not the ruckman we were talking to
Mara32
Mara32

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:36 pm

Please don't tell me its Fraser Thurlow
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:03 am

Mara32 wrote:Read was not the ruckman we were talking to

my understaning is as follows
We spoke to butcher werent interested
We have spoken to Read
We have spoken to other delisted AFL ruck man who are from other SANFL teams i have promied not to say who . And one or two who were not from SANFL clubs but that includes lownder
There is also talk of a former Eagles who was AFL who left may come back cant say the name either but not a ruck man
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:04 am

MichaelScott wrote:Please don't tell me its Fraser Thurlow

havent heard his name
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:06 am

MichaelScott wrote:Looks like the ruckman we were supposed to be getting has signed with Sturt and butcher is apparently about to sign with Centrals...things are not looking good

if it was me id be looking to see if any clubs have signed a delisted ruck man or have one who may sign
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:17 am

Have we lost another player i thought this player would have filled the flashes shoes sounds like Batley has signed with another SANFL team
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:13 pm

WTF is going on down there...I think someone needs to explain....I thought the strategy was to promote from the b grade....but the few who probably could have made it/had pace ie...not plodders have left...unless we have a whole group we can bring in from the u 18's or there is some recruiting strategy going on that hasn't been disclosed
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:30 pm

I'm not sure where Batley has gone but I think he fits into the plodders category. Been around a long time and not established himself. We all need to relax. All will be revealed. We have a lot of running players and need to be selective ie CHF Ruck.
If we made a play at Butcher and his asking price was about $40K then good luck to Centrals.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:47 pm

If what I have heard is true...there isn't much to reveal...the guy we are talking to will likely sign with another club and the other bloke returning to the club...we were all happy when he left
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Hareeba Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:55 pm

MS...sorry don't get who the guy and the other bloke are...
As for Bats he is a good lad but definitely wasn't in the mix for league promotion. He has had his chances and the club has eyes on the next batch coming through. He would not make a difference to the league team and is about 20% off the mark I reckon, mostly in intensity.
I have not heard much so looking forward to some announcements.
Hareeba
Hareeba

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:28 pm

Hareeba wrote:MS...sorry don't get who the guy and the other bloke are...
As for Bats he is a good lad but definitely wasn't in the mix for league promotion. He has had his chances and the club has eyes on the next batch coming through. He would not make a difference to the league team and is about 20% off the mark I reckon, mostly in intensity.
I have not heard much so looking forward to some announcements.

honestly surely they have ruck man signed they learnt they couldnt have just one in the league before
we have money on the cap surely we can recruit a big name or someone
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:29 pm

goddy11 wrote:I'm not sure where Batley has gone but I think he fits into the plodders category. Been around a long time and not established himself. We all need to relax. All will be revealed. We have a lot of running players and need to be selective ie CHF Ruck.
If we made a play at Butcher and his asking price was about $40K then good luck to Centrals.

he hasnt gone to far goddy
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:15 pm

Mickyj
You have a wonderful opinion of Batley to "hope that he could fill Jarrad's role". I reckon even Batley would be embarrassed to hear that. Has always had the pace (of course) and the style but nowhere near the skill, poise and footysmarts of Jarrad.
( Although Luke finished off the last half of 2016 poorly by his high standards).
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Hareeba Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:21 pm

Surely no big deal with the secrecy of this, it would have to be West or Glenelg - big deal.
He could not fill Flashes role, we have several who can.
Nice lad - no loss, bring in the next likely league player.
We needed to clean out our stocks so a number of players of this ilk will be finding new homes.
Hareeba
Hareeba

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:46 pm

Premiers wrote:Mickyj
You have a wonderful opinion of Batley to "hope that he could fill Jarrad's role". I reckon even Batley would be embarrassed to hear that. Has always had the pace (of course) and the style but nowhere near the skill, poise and footysmarts of Jarrad.
( Although Luke finished off the last half of 2016 poorly by his high standards).

actually i was thinking ahead during last year

honestly have the eagles recruited a ruck man cause we need more than bomber .

Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:47 pm

Hareeba wrote:Surely no big deal with the secrecy of this, it would have to be West or Glenelg - big deal.
He could not fill Flashes role, we have several who can.
Nice lad - no loss, bring in the next likely league player.
We needed to clean out our stocks so a number of players of this ilk will be finding new homes.

and who replaces them
we have had two seconds players drafted
plus lost 14 or 15 league and seconds players
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:38 pm

There was a rumour on TalkingfootySA that a club or clubs have had their salary cap reduced...maybe that explains whats going on...we must have had ours reduced by 50%
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:57 am

MichaelScott wrote:There was a rumour on TalkingfootySA that a club or clubs have had their salary cap reduced...maybe that explains whats going on...we must have had ours reduced by 50%

yeah saw that and saw a poster who has issues with me and issues with the eagles .
He always says there are issues with our club and when the surface like the CEO leaving in 2016 members knew that weeks before it was said online .

Until that is said for sure we have no idea who has their cap cut if they have
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next