MichaelScott
Mara32
Peter69
Hareeba
eaglehaslanded
11 posters

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

2017 What do we need to take the next step - Page 13 Empty Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by Mickyj Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:56 am

wimpy wrote:I believe Eagles and Tigers are in negotiations over a transfer fee for Jake Johansen.
Usual dispute over what he is worth. Glenelg didn't want him, so they can't ask all that much.
Also, Tigers still owe Eagles money for Tim Sumner.
Final straw for JJ was his meeting with the Tigers player leadership group and was told they didn't want him........................do the Eagles re ally need him!!!!!!!!!!!
Our commercial manager has been in hospital for three weeks, one of many reasons why there has been a slow start to the season.
A reserves coach has been appointed and should be announced at AGM tomorrow.

The reserves coach being named will shut up Holden 78 on safooty thats a plus .
I hope the commercial manager is ok .

So let me understand this Glenelg owe the Eagles money on Sumner
Johansen will cost the eagles a certain amount .
Maybe ive seen too many mafia movies the Eagles did Glenelg a favor so now does that mean Glenelg owes the Eagles either the money or a favor by transferring Johansen

And with our leading players having time off from injuries and operations couldnt hurt having another set of feet on the ground .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

2017 What do we need to take the next step - Page 13 Empty Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by Columbo Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:10 am

goddy11 wrote:OMG. We have some passionate supporters. FFs. Do you all not think our management and coach know the situation. Interstate recruits cost an arm and leg and the same with big name recruits. Our main concern is to stay fiscally healthy as well as perform well on the field. Our reserves and juniors have been great for a few years and now is the time to start rewarding them. Unless there is a standout why should we recruit players from other clubs and pay overs and high transfers fees. Lets just be patient and let the experts do their work. I have a lot of faith in Goddy and I'm sure he does not accept mediocracy.
Anyway that's my 2 bobs worth.

Tend to agree Goddy.
We have made 2 grand finals and not got the prize.
Over the last 4 years we have won 3 reserves flags which is not really what the club is after.
The 2 teams that have beaten us in those GF's weren't that flash in the Twos during those years.
It seems that most supporters want something to change so the events of the last 2 years don't happen again, now that the changes are being made people are getting edgy, can't have it both ways.

Wimpy, is the two's coach anyone we know?
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:27 pm

January / February is the time of the year that the Eagles (and perhaps other SANFL Clubs) lose out on a simple marketing strategy - just giving supporters some information on Summer Pre-season training.
Supporters are starved of "something on which to hang their hats" instead of reading, in desperation, the idle drivel of SANFL football websites. It only needs someone at the club to put finger to key-pad and tell us "........ Wundke is burning up the track in anticipation of being leading SANFL goal-kicker" or "......Jack Hayes is achieving PBs in his repetition 100m sprints" or "........Cameron Giles, after recent injury ravaged seasons is looking a million dollars" or a run-down on the 2 lesser known new talls no matter how raw they are.    To the WWTFC,  just give us something!!! Anything!!!
It won't cost the club anything and keeps us involved because, sure as x@#$!, it's not going to be in the Advertiser.  

That way, we won't have to read about someone's medical history or childish aggressive drivel between supporters. To someone who says, "no-one is asking you to come on to this site so go away'", that is my point. Desperation drives the passionate supporter to seek REAL information.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:39 pm

Premiers wrote:January / February is the time of the year that the Eagles (and perhaps other SANFL Clubs) lose out on a simple marketing strategy - just giving supporters some information on Summer Pre-season training.
Supporters are starved of "something on which to hang their hats" instead of reading, in desperation, the idle drivel of SANFL football websites. It only needs someone at the club to put finger to key-pad and tell us "........ Wundke is burning up the track in anticipation of being leading SANFL goal-kicker" or "......Jack Hayes is achieving PBs in his repetition 100m sprints" or "........Cameron Giles, after recent injury ravaged seasons is looking a million dollars" or a run-down on the 2 lesser known new talls no matter how raw they are.    To the WWTFC,  just give us something!!! Anything!!!
It won't cost the club anything and keeps us involved because, sure as x@#$!, it's not going to be in the Advertiser.  

That way, we won't have to read about someone's medical history or childish aggressive drivel between supporters. To someone who says, "no-one is asking you to come on to this site so go away'", that is my point. Desperation drives the passionate supporter to seek REAL information.

ok well said
I had this feeling you were talking about me but you meant the persons stay in hospital . But the holden thing was me i bit took the bait tired of all the anti Eagle feelings from a so called fan .

Id love to know whats going on
How do glenelg get new players if thay cant pay the transfer fee.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:52 pm

Premiers wrote:January / February is the time of the year that the Eagles (and perhaps other SANFL Clubs) lose out on a simple marketing strategy - just giving supporters some information on Summer Pre-season training.

And any update surely must help membership sales. I forgot Cam Giles. Hope he comes on. The club must pay some-one for PR work. Let them earn their money.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:48 pm

The amount owing by the Tigers to the Eagles is $5,000. Tigers want $25,000 for him, a player they don' really want. I would suggest $15,000 less $5,000.
Have spoken to the club about putting out a fortnightly update, at the moment lack of staff is a hinderance. Would you by an item if there was no description of what it was about, can understand if m'ships are doing poorly.
We must find out whether Sinor, Whittlesea, Jack Hayes, Cameron Giles, Rhys Woods, Joe Heinjus, Ethan Haylock, Jake Comitigianni and Andrew McPherson can be a part of our first 21.
I'm prepared to accept a rebuilding year to find out which areas we need to target recruit for 2018 but I don't think others will. Continuing decreases in m'ship will not be helped by a poor 2017.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:37 pm

wimpy wrote:The amount owing by the Tigers to the Eagles is $5,000. Tigers want $25,000 for him, a player they don' really want. I would suggest $15,000 less $5,000.
Have spoken to the club about putting out a fortnightly update, at the moment lack of staff is a hinderance. Would you by an item if there was no description of what it was about, can understand if m'ships are doing poorly.
We must find out whether Sinor, Whittlesea, Jack Hayes, Cameron Giles, Rhys Woods, Joe Heinjus, Ethan Haylock, Jake Comitigianni and Andrew McPherson can be a part of our first 21.
I'm prepared to accept a rebuilding year to find out which areas we need to target recruit for 2018 but I don't think others will. Continuing decreases in m'ship will not be helped by a poor 2017.

Have you conceded this coming season?. A lot of underdogs have been succeeding lately
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:27 am

Wimpy hasn't conceded this year. I really look forward to the pressure being put on to the more favoured teams. By any stretch of the imagination the Eagles will not be one of the favoured teams. I can't wait to see some new faces emerging. Think we will be OK around the flanks but lacking a bit of height will hurt. Youth and a more positive game plan could do wonders.
Columbo - don't know the reserves coach name, but all should be revealed tonight.
The depature of reserves coach Scott Matthews was by mutual agreement, but I feel more pushed. The club is looking for a strong teaching type reserves coach to bring through the youngsters.
Lets hope one or two of the "unknowns" out training will challenge for a first 21 position.
Cameron Giles must perform as he is one of our rare bigs. This could allow Paul Stewart to be used in a more attacking role.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:47 pm

goddy11 wrote:

And any update surely must help membership sales. I forgot Cam Giles. Hope he comes on. The club must pay some-one for PR work. Let them earn their money.

IIRC the PR guy may have been Phil who moved on after 2016

I think we fans were spoiled by the eagles getting so much info we suddenly are at a loss no info .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:36 am

Godden spoke at AGM last night.
Put forward a strong argument about how previous plans are now shaping the playing group in regards to the number of home grown players, playing at league level. Plans to have 75% (home grown) and 95% SA born overall in the league team in 2017. Stated it was harder and more difficult to get interstate recruits.
Jake Johansen signed yesterday and trained last night.
Mentioned Cameron Giles was burning and hadn't missed a training and "looked a million dollars". Also talked about Jake Comitogianni bulking up and "determined" to prove drafters wrong.
The four injured players will either be just ready or just miss the first round.
No reserves coach appointed, all players will train together doing all the same work.
Ben Watkins will be match day coach for the reserves, helped by Brian Haraida (ex Centrals) who has been appointed to the senior coaching panel.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:24 pm

wimpy wrote:Godden spoke at AGM last night.
Put forward a strong argument about how previous plans are now shaping the playing group in regards to the number of home grown players, playing at league level. Plans to have 75% (home grown) and 95% SA born overall in the league team in 2017. Stated it was harder and more difficult to get interstate recruits.
Jake Johansen signed yesterday and trained last night.
Mentioned Cameron Giles was burning and hadn't missed a training and "looked a million dollars". Also talked about Jake Comitogianni bulking up and "determined" to prove drafters wrong.
The four injured players will either be just ready or just miss the first round.
No reserves coach appointed, all players will train together doing all the same work.
Ben Watkins will be match day coach for the reserves, helped by Brian Haraida (ex Centrals) who has been appointed to the senior coaching panel.

One of my Eagles fans contacts told me we were looking at West a few weeks ago im told he is somehow related to Jim West from the bays .
Think we may need the ruck man later in the year and Johansen early
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:46 pm

I mentioned Jordan West in my posting of 27/12.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:24 pm

wimpy wrote:I mentioned Jordan West in my posting of 27/12.

Yep Wimpy you my have but i posted on this forum i think and talking footy before you i believe the club was looking at two ruck men one 203 cm and another one .
But i was asked not to mention names at that stage .

Doesn't matter we need a second or first ruck man we got one
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:24 pm

Who are the 4 Eagles first choice players in doubt for the first game and what are their injuries?
Must be bad injuries considering that the season is still 2 months away.
(just heard that one of them is Rowntree with his knee(not ACL). Disappointing because he needed a good long uninterrupted pre-season work-out to give him every chance to recover 2014 form).
With the acquisition of Johansen to add to Petrenko, Boyd and McGregor, we've got some genuine pace around the ball, no size but pace. Of course you add the grunt of Rowntree and Poole to that lot, then you wonder where does that leave the slower Rowland and Lewis. Especially when Gaffney another quick who played most of his junior footy as a midfielder and may be used for occasional cameo roles on the ball.

Whether we have the big man dominance to get the ball out to these "'quicks is the doubt'. But the pleasing thing about the latest 2 signings is the ages - Johansen (23 years), Jordan West (20 years) - hopefully, around for awhile.

So in the present economic climate, the Club has ended up doing reasonably well - an excellent utility player CHF/CHB/midfielder (Stewart), a very quick and proven good midfielder (Johanssen) and a big, raw ruckman with plenty of upside (West). The recruiters have taken plenty of stick so give them some credit!
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara32 Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:43 am

Rowntree, Pup, Patty G, and Boyd would be the 4 players injured I'd assume.
Mara32
Mara32

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:19 am

Premiers wrote:Who are the 4 Eagles first choice players in doubt for the first game and what are their injuries?
(just heard that one of them is Rowntree with his knee(not ACL). Disappointing because he needed a good long uninterrupted pre-season work-out to give him every chance to recover 2014 form).
With the acquisition of Johansen to add to Petrenko, Boyd and McGregor, we've got some genuine pace around the ball, no size but pace. Of course you add the grunt of Rowntree and Poole to that lot, then you wonder where does that leave the slower Rowland and Lewis. Especially when Gaffney another quick who played most of  his junior footy as a midfielder and may be used for occasional cameo roles on the ball.

Whether we have the big man dominance to get the ball out to these "'quicks is the doubt'. But the pleasing thing about the latest 2 signings is the ages - Johansen (23 years), Jordan West (20 years) - hopefully, around for awhile.

So in the present economic climate, the Club has ended up doing reasonably well - an excellent utility player CHF/CHB/midfielder (Stewart), a very quick and proven good midfielder (Johanssen) and a big, raw ruckman with plenty of upside (West). The recruiters have taken plenty of stick so give them some credit!

Just a correction. Johansen is 20 and West is 23. It sounds better as ruckmen come on better the older they get. I done sa quick search on West. Couldn't find much other than he played basketball a reasonable level in a college in the USA and played footy at Sydney Uni in the NEAFL (whatever that is). Godden says he was at the Swans Academy.  Interesting Sydney Uni have Aaron Day who played for us a few years back. Perhaps came on his recommendation as Godden recruited Aaron.
Our Injuries are a worry. The news of Giles and co burning the track is good.

I like the appointment Of a Head of Development position. Some-one to oversea junior transition. Brian Harada is a good get. Top player in his day against us. Hope he helps like McGowan did a few years back.
http://sanfl.com.au/johansen-back-began/
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:13 am

Mara32 wrote:Rowntree, Pup, Patty G, and Boyd would be the 4 players injured I'd assume.

thats what i heard Mara think it was posted here may have been by Wimpy

Thats why i think Jake is a good get for the start of the year .
The one game missed he kept the bays in the game against us .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:15 am

goddy11 wrote:
Premiers wrote:Who are the 4 Eagles first choice players in doubt for the first game and what are their injuries?
With the acquisition of Johansen to add to Petrenko, Boyd and McGregor, we've got some genuine pace around the ball, no size but pace. Of course you add the grunt of Rowntree and Poole to that lot, then you wonder where does that leave the slower Rowland and Lewis. Especially when Gaffney another quick who played most of  his junior footy as a midfielder and may be used for occasional cameo roles on the ball.

Just a correction. Johansen is 20 and West is 23. It sounds better as ruckmen come on better the older they get. I done sa quick search on West. Couldn't find much other than he played basketball a reasonable level in a college in the USA and played footy at Sydney Uni in the NEAFL (whatever that is). Godden says he was at the Swans Academy.  Interesting Sydney Uni have Aaron Day who played for us a few years back. Perhaps came on his recommendation as Godden recruited Aaron.
Our Injuries are a worry. The news of Giles and co burning the track is good.

I like the appointment Of a Head of Development position. Some-one to oversea junior transition. Brian Harada is a good get. Top player in his day against us. Hope he helps like McGowan did a few years back.
http://sanfl.com.au/johansen-back-began/

i think seeing Wundke has lost 9 or 10 kilos is a big plus to .
Up forward with out Ainger but both Hayes boys and at some stage West maybe swapping the ruck could give the Eagles a little edge like when Redden started his league career

NEAFL Sa played a state game against them a few years back at city mazda
They have Sydney and GWS perhaps the brisbane sides in it
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:39 am

Beyond our dreams that young Jordan West will have a big impact in his first year with us but hopefully his size will be nuissance value to the likes of huge Osborne, Bass, Baulderstone etc whereas, as the shorter, tenacious Marc Bornholm tires, those guy's reach have it all their own way. Thurlow was built like a Greek Adonis but seemed to be pushed out the way like a feather but there seems to be a bit more optimism with what this young guy will do.
Ominous when you look at the team photo in the Annual Report. Big Redden stands as a monolith in the centre back row and Bornholm and Cameron Giles are only the height level with Redden's eyebrows. So without Reddo, anyone at 200cm is like gold around the Club. Let's also hope we see a couple of very tall lads come into our junior grades this year.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:14 pm

Matthew Raymond has also had a shoulder op.

I feel that Lewy in the second half of the season will be struggling to get a position in the top 21. Sinor and Comitigianni should be challenging for a spot.
If Cam Giles doesn't work out in the backlines we have Summerton, Whittlesea and Heinjus to be considered. Although our depth is quite young I think there is a bit of talent.
Sam Rowland is a must as he has an unique ability to be able to get the ball in tough situations, but he needs to improve his composure and disposal.

A POSSIBLE LINE UP:

Poole Wundke N. Hayes

Johansen J. Hayes McGregor

Gaffney Rowntree Hall

Allmond Stewart Goldsworthy

Giuffreda Thompson Giles

RUCK: Borholm, Petrenko, Boyd

INTER: Rowland, Sinor, Comitogianni, Lewis, West,
Summerton, Whittlesea, Haylock, McPherson, Woods, Heijus.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:24 am

wimpy wrote:Matthew Raymond has also had a shoulder op.

I feel that Lewy in the second half of the season will be struggling to get a position in the top 21. Sinor and Comitigianni should be challenging for a spot.
If Cam Giles doesn't work out in the backlines we have Summerton, Whittlesea and Heinjus to be considered. Although our depth is quite young I think there is a bit of talent.
Sam Rowland is a must as he has an unique ability to be able to get the ball in tough situations, but he needs to improve his composure and disposal.

A POSSIBLE LINE UP:

Poole            Wundke            N. Hayes

Johansen       J. Hayes           McGregor

Gaffney         Rowntree          Hall

Allmond          Stewart           Goldsworthy

Giuffreda        Thompson         Giles

RUCK:  Borholm,  Petrenko,  Boyd

INTER:  Rowland,  Sinor,  Comitogianni,  Lewis,  West,  
          Summerton,  Whittlesea,  Haylock,  McPherson,  Woods,  Heijus.  

not a bad line up Wimpy
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:39 am

A POSSIBLE LINE UP:

Ive put a strike through on possible unavailable players. does not look so good now. Some of those young guys on the inter: bench I think will be good.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:00 pm

goddy11 wrote:A POSSIBLE LINE UP:

Ive put a strike through on possible unavailable players. does not look so good now. Some of those young guys on the inter: bench I think will be good.

hopefully just round 1
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:58 am

Does any-one know if we paid a transfer fee for Johansen. I would be disappointed considering he was unwanted and Glenelg owed us money for Tim Sumner.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:24 pm

goddy11 wrote:Does any-one know if we paid a transfer fee for Johansen. I would be disappointed considering he was unwanted and Glenelg owed us money for Tim Sumner.

Well no i don't i could say allegedly or the internet talk is but no no clue
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next