MichaelScott
Mara32
Peter69
Hareeba
eaglehaslanded
11 posters

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

2017 What do we need to take the next step - Page 14 Empty Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:26 pm

Just on a good news story, how good is Bec Goddard doing with the Adelaide Crows. She had the role of Assistant Coach at the Woodville West Torrens Centre of Excellence. Well done. Unfortunately our loss, but still good.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

2017 What do we need to take the next step - Page 14 Empty Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by Mickyj Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:11 am

goddy11 wrote:Just on a good news story, how good is Bec Goddard doing with the Adelaide Crows. She had the  role of Assistant Coach at the Woodville West Torrens Centre of Excellence. Well done. Unfortunately our loss, but still good.

So far so good and the only female coach in he womens league go figure

I got that wrong Fremantle coach is a lady to lol at micky
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:55 pm

She was interviewed on radio and said she would still be continuing her role with the Eagles U18s, I don't know if this has very recently changed.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:43 pm

Just asking if any has any news coming out of Oval Ave. Its been a few weeks since a few injuries were announced and wondering on their status.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:22 pm

goddy11 wrote:Just asking if any has any news coming out of Oval Ave. Its been a few weeks since a few injuries were announced and wondering on their status.

no sorry got a call about new membership but havent heard anything about injuries
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:05 am

I received my membership material yesterday. Probably the earliest its ever arrived. I think its good value. I always get the season pass to all grounds.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:58 am

goddy11 wrote:I received my membership material yesterday. Probably the earliest its ever arrived.  I think its good value. I always get the season pass to all grounds.

yep looked ours up
mines dropped 60 bucks due to my concession card and had the phone call we will go in pay cash
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:17 pm

Just checking out the new revised website, I am not seeing too many players over 180cm. Height across the park is definitely an issue.

http://wwtfc.com.au/players/
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:14 pm

[quote="goddy11"]Just checking out the new revised website, I am not seeing too many players over 180cm. Height across the park is definitely an issue.

Height deficiency may be greatly helped if Cameron Giles (194cm) and the raw young ruckman Jordan West (200cm) can succeed. But 3 players who are certainties, McGregor, Boyd and Johanssen, not many clubs would have a trio that short - but they can also play a bit!

We seem to have several players around the 193cm mark, mainly defenders who have been unable to take the next step (Summerton, Whittlesea and others). Need this to be a "break-out"year.

Is there any supporter out there who follows the U18s and U16s and can give any information on any tall ruckman coming through? (Bacqueri is a good youngster but at 193cm is not going to be tall enough for a League ruckman)
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:14 pm

I missed those 2 scrolling down. My Bad. Every tall a bonus. Throw in Gus Poole to smalls.There is a Redden in there. Any relation to Jarrod?
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:09 pm

goddy11 wrote:I missed those 2 scrolling down. My Bad. Every tall a bonus. Throw in Gus Poole to smalls.There is a Redden in there. Any relation to Jarrod?

i saw that as well did wonder the same
And noticed a couple of talls are 18 or 17
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:37 pm

Any one going to the trial tonight at Norwood. Any feedback would be good.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:31 pm

goddy11 wrote:Any one going to the trial tonight at Norwood. Any feedback would be good.

good question any answers yet
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:37 pm

Eagles 10 3
Redlegs 16 11

Jake Summerton and Brett Ellis didn't play.
Jake Johansen and Jack Gaffney only played the second half.
Norwood played eight league players in the second half.

POSITIVES
Jordan West looked like a footballer. Soft hands, solid mark and impressive kick.
He kicked two goals, both from marks, one was 55 metres.
Needs to get football match fit. Doubt he would play league early in the season but a distinct possibility later on. Got a little lost in defence. Very promising.

Jack Hayes impressed with his marking, kick three goals, must play league.

Others to shine Jake Comitigianni, Harrison Jolly, Jack Firns, Jack Elsworthy, Harrison Hawkins and Liam Martin.

NEGATIVES

Too small.
Not direct enough.
Too much handball.

SUMMARY
Supporters will see a marked difference in Norwood's style of play. Looked quite impressive. They went more direct and kicked longer. Very skilfull.
Eagles will still have a good reserves team. Many names unfamiliar.
Jesse Whinnen the 27y.o. son of Head trainer Mike, kicked two goals and did some good work.
Has a lacrosse background.
Comitigianni has made a concerted effort over the off season to improve his kicking, especially distance. His longer kicking was quite noticable.
I wasn't disappointed with the Eagles display.

At all home games this year the Eagles will have the use of an portable electronic scoreboard.
Don't know how much detail it will show.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:19 am

Good overall match report Wimpy. It was only a reserves trial after all and giving a run to others.
What do you actually mean about Jordan West having soft hands? I always take that as meaning he cant hold a mark or fumbles.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:35 am

Soft hands means he ain't got hands like Thurlow. Thurlow hands were like bricks.
Jordan West, a great feel for the ball, most probably from his basketball background.
Got some give in his hands.
I don't want to get overly excited about West, but I think several years down the track he will be a very good SANFL player.
Could even play permanently up forward, if a change up is needed.
But these impressions were from my first sight of him playing in an actual game.
I could be wrong as I believe he didn't perform all that well in the previous weeks trial game.

wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:55 am

Thanks Wimpy.
Off the field I like what I am seeing from our new GM. Another new sponsor in Fleurieu Milk Company. My daughter lives down south and Fleurieu Milk is always their choice. Great to have on board. I always use Phil Hoffman but I have never mentioned the club when booking. That will change.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:11 am

I went last night mainly to have a look at Jordan West. His first half was very good, controlling the ballups, prepared to use his strength to force front position, a good vertical leap (from his basketball background) and surprisingly good tap-work, hooking the ball over the back and tapping with either hand. Positioned himself well up forward. Kicks long and straight. 2 goals but his third attempt from 50 metres, touched on the line. Prepared to get down to ground level and tackle, took 3-4 contested marks and covers the ground well. After half time. he was quieter and Norwood had 2 big young 200 cm ruckman to throw against him. Hopefully, next trial he plays will be in the League and we'll get a better idea but the "bones" of his game are certainly there - size, skills, hunger.
Jake Johanssen only played the second half and, as we would expect from a "bought" recruit, showed his class, with one grab pick-ups, speed and carry and decisive kicking.
You always hope some surprise performance is going to come from 2-3 of the younger players but Norwood's youth looked far more advanced than ours in skill. speed and height.
Good to see Wundke there supporting the lads as he often does and appears to be a very team orientated guy. He has lost a large amount of weight and looks fitter than he has ever been in SANFL for either South or Eagles. Hope for a big year for him.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:27 am

Thanks for the reports guys sorry i missed the game wasnt a great day for me ,
But that was trial one rather have improvement than be at our best .
We now have an idea of norwoods new game plan
Footy year is a marathon start slow sprint at the end ..... i hope
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:02 pm

Goddy 11. I believe a sponsor is paying for the elect. scoreboard, but hierarchy would not divulge who it was. Just booked an O/S holiday with PHT. Got $130 off the Travel Insurance. I always do my travel through PHT, good to deal with.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:17 pm

wimpy wrote:Goddy 11. I believe a sponsor is paying for the elect. scoreboard, but hierarchy would not divulge who it was. Just booked an O/S holiday with PHT. Got $130 off the Travel Insurance. I always do my travel through PHT, good to deal with.
Thats not a bad thing Wimpy getting a sponsor to pay for the scoreboard good use of a sponsor
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:39 am

Saturday March 25
Adelaide v Woodville-West Torrens (Football Park) 11.25am

I think I may drop down. I live up in the TTG area so it a bit of a hike for me. I'm keen on watching the Crow girls play so it a toss of the coin. Is there any news coming out of oval ave?
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:40 pm

goddy11 wrote:Saturday March 25
Adelaide v Woodville-West Torrens (Football Park) 11.25am

I think I may drop down. I live up in the TTG area so it a bit of a hike for me. I'm keen on watching the Crow girls play so it a toss of the coin. Is there any news coming out of oval ave?

Not that ive heard goddy11
i must be honest have to miss this hopefully not many trial games ill miss
Once they release the Eagles team ill post it
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:56 pm

In this week's trial against the Crows, it will be interesting to see the make-up of our run-on division, considering our best onballers (Boyd, Petrenko and Rowntree are out).
Good time to test a couple of new players (Comitogiannis and ruckman Jordan West). Godden said that McGregor had been working on his "ëngine" over summer because he's looking at a midfield role.
Could be 1st Ruck: West, Lewis, McGregor            2nd ruck   Bornholm Poole Comitogiannis
with Johansen, Paul Stewart and Sinor to also have a run on the ball.

Expect this division to be soundly beaten but got to start somewhere. Except for ruckman Jordan West, the lack of height of the other onballers is significant which may need Paul Stewart in there more than playing his preferred CHB or CHF.
Hoping that Cameron Giles can get through the game unscathed and show something.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:37 pm

Premiers wrote:In this week's trial against the Crows, it will be interesting to see the make-up of our run-on division, considering our best onballers (Boyd, Petrenko and Rowntree are out).
Good time to test a couple of new players (Comitogiannis and ruckman Jordan West). Godden said that McGregor had been working on his "ëngine" over summer because he's looking at a midfield role.
Could be 1st Ruck: West, Lewis, McGregor            2nd ruck   Bornholm Poole Comitogiannis
with Johansen, Paul Stewart and Sinor to also have a run on the ball.

Expect this division to be soundly beaten but got to start somewhere. Except for ruckman Jordan West, the lack of height of the other onballers is significant which may need Paul Stewart in there more than playing his preferred CHB or CHF.
Hoping that Cameron Giles can get through the game unscathed and show something.

It will be a good test for the younger ones Premiers
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next