Mickyj
Gazz
The Barton
Goddsy11
wimpy
14 posters

Page 11 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

WHAT DOES 2021 HOLD FOR THE EAGLES? - Page 11 Empty Re: WHAT DOES 2021 HOLD FOR THE EAGLES?

Post by hawke Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:10 pm

NT Combined team for tomorrow night. has been named. Across Centre, very much an Eagles flavour with Dane McFarlane (wing) James Tsitas (centre) Jarred Stokes ( other wing). ? what relation Jarred Stokes is to our former WWT/Geelong player
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

WHAT DOES 2021 HOLD FOR THE EAGLES? - Page 11 Empty Re: WHAT DOES 2021 HOLD FOR THE EAGLES?

Post by Eagles35 Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:22 pm

Not sure but he's a Jarrod
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:58 pm

Correct me wrong but they're related to the Yarran's are im sure Nick said it was his mums brother when or something asking if the other Yarran's were related to hin, don't ask me re Stokes as that was possibly just before my time
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:43 pm

Eagles35 wrote:Correct me wrong but they're related to the Yarran's are im sure Nick said it was his mums brother when or something asking if the other Yarran's were related to hin, don't ask me re Stokes as that was possibly just before my time

I think Hawke was referring to Matty Stokes who was a very good player for us before being drafted to Geelong about 15 years ago. They may be related (small town Darwin) but played for different clubs in Darwin.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:46 pm

Yes i know that but I'm just saying that they're related to each other seem that Nick played for eagles too
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:47 pm

Believe that they're related at least
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Woody Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:52 pm

The NTFL team centre line does look impressive.

Jarrod Stokes hails from one of the three big footy families in the Territory ['Rioli' and 'Long' being the others]. Jarrod and Mathew Stokes are cousins. Also, Jarrod's father and Andre McLeod's Fathers are cousins. Both Jarrod and Andrew hail from The Darwin Football Club, whilst Mathew played for Palmerston Magpies.

Darwin Footy Club has a unique history. Have a read if interested.
https://www.sbs.com.au/nitv/article/2017/01/31/100-years-darwin-buffaloes-first-aboriginal-nt-football-club
Woody
Woody

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:17 pm

With big Reddo having possibly one more season (2022) in him and also going to be unavailable for the opening 1-2 months of this season, Eagles recruiters might be keeping their eyes wide open at potential big ruckman recruits. ? how good is Dennis who leads the 1st ruck in the NTFL rep side tonight. May be available if not this season then next.
High hopes for young Eagle player Phillips but he will probably need 2-3 years to develope
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:14 pm

Hopefully in a couple of years Phillips's younger brother Brayden plays under 16's with us he's around 14 now and he's far from shy
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Woody Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:43 pm

NT Buffalos up by 11 pts at Qtr time

Hawke,
Matthew Dennis is the ruckman from the Palmerston Magpies. He is in his mid thirties but has been voted as the best current player in the NTFL.
Some quotes re Dennis
"Matthew Dennis is a genuine champion of the NTFL.
Despite being aged in his mid-thirties, Dennis is still in arguably career-best form.
The mobile big man dominates the taps and possesses the ability to play as an extra midfielder with his poise under pressure and disposal by hand or foot immaculate for a player his size.
Dennis averages over 20 disposals per game – which includes a 30-disposal 27 hit-out performance a couple of weeks ago.
The best player in the comp."

"Dennis may be one of the greatest ruckman to have ever played in the NTFL.
A ball magnet with good execution by hand or foot, it is hard to find any notable weaknesses in the big man’s game.
He has dominated for the Magpies over the years and is regarded by many as the current best player in the competition."

He would be a good pick-up to cover Big Red for a season [if needed] although he has played in Melbourne during the winter season.
Woody
Woody

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:05 pm

Providing he's still at the club would a Sam Michael be good enough to play league for a few games to fill in for Redden or isn't he good enough to play league In anyone's opinion
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:17 am

Woody, From your critique (above) on big ruckman Dennis, he reads as the perfect fit for the Eagles (I'll look out for him on today's 3pm NITV replay). If he is already committed to a winter season somewhere else, then grab him for the first half of this season and give him a clearance in June!
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:26 am

hawke wrote:Woody,   From your critique (above) on big ruckman Dennis, he reads as the perfect fit for the Eagles (I'll look out for him on today's 3pm NITV replay). If he is already committed to a winter season somewhere else, then grab him for the first half of this season and give him a clearance in June!

Reading this post if he plays NEAFL or VFL he could be available
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:43 am

Mickyj wrote:
hawke wrote:Woody,   From your critique (above) on big ruckman Dennis, he reads as the perfect fit for the Eagles (I'll look out for him on today's 3pm NITV replay). If he is already committed to a winter season somewhere else, then grab him for the first half of this season and give him a clearance in June!

To me its drawing a long bow trying get a player of that age. Our cap must be tight with Redden out for a couple of months. I read earlier Sheedy was looking at one of the new guys plus we still have West and the U18's ruckman. I am sure we can survive. WE cant disenfranchise our kids. Its been our strength.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:51 am

goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

To me its drawing a long bow trying get a player of that age. Our cap must be tight with Redden out for a couple of months. I read earlier Sheedy was looking  at one of the new guys  plus we still have West and the U18's ruckman. I am sure we can survive. WE cant disenfranchise our kids. Its been our strength.

I guess we are just talking outside the box here
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:19 pm

This came up on Facebook

DANE McFarlane’s football journey will take him across the South Australian border in 2021, where he will link-up with good mate James Tsitas at reigning SANFL premier Woodville-West Torrens.

McFarlane, who is playing in the Northern Territory with Wanderers, and represented the NTFL against SANFL club Glenelg on Saturday night, revealed his decision to depart Werribee after five seasons at Chirnside Park.

“He (Tsitas) asked me to come over, and I thought “why not?”,” McFarlane said. “While I’m out of Geelong, why not (make a move.)

“If I go back now, I’ll probably never get the chance to go to SA or do something different.

“Why not take the opportunity while it’s there.

“With all the new rules coming in where you have to play a certain amount of players under 21, and I really want to win a state league flag as well, it was the right time to go,”

The 27-year-old, who has played 88 VFL games (67 at Werribee, 21 at Geelong) says it was a tough call to new Tigers coach and former teammate Michael Barlow to tell him he was leaving.

“We got along really well; we were locker buddies, so I’ve had a lot to do with Mick,” McFarlane said.

“He was easy to talk to as an assistant coach, and he’ll be the same as a senior coach.

“He’ll get all the players on board, and he’ll be great for the club.”

McFarlane isn’t sure how long he will spend in South Australia, but he’s left the door open to ending his career in Geelong with Newtown & Chilwell, where he played in a grand final in 2015, and junior club Modewarre.

“I want to win a GFL flag, so I’d love to go back to Newtown,” he said. “I also want to play at Modewarre as well.

“But I want to play at the highest level for as long as I can, and I feel like I’m playing my best footy now.

“If I can keep playing at this level, I’ll be playing at state league level for a couple of years longer.

“I’m not too sure what’s going to happen. It’s a year-by-year thing, really.

“But, I’d love to go back to Modewaree and get a flag there, which would be great.”
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:58 pm

Went out to Eastern Parade this evening to watch training. (Someone said that Eagles train at Seaton Oval on Mon Fri, Eastern Pde on Wed).
Good to see Jesse Lonergan over 400metres leading the pack by 10 metres (at least, the first one) but repetition brought him back to the pack for the others. Dale Pearce looks fitter with good skills.
Good to see the young lad who broke his leg at Elizabeth in the last match of the season, running laps  (Alfasfa ? spelling- it was feared that he may not play football this season). Jordan West not out there - important for his future and the Club's 2021 success that he grabs the opportunity (with no Redden) - West may be competing with Stephen Mills for 2nd ruck position behind Jack Hayes.
Was told that Rhyan Mansell's family was still in Adelaide with Mr Mansell still seen around the club - perhaps gives a glimmer of hope that, if Rhyan isn't picked up by Richmond pre-season, he may come back rather than playing for Richmond's VFL side and hoping for mid year drafting.  Zane Williams is reportedly first on the track and last to leave. If I had to tip 2 "unheralded" players to emerge, then "Barnett" and "Dale Pearce".
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:04 pm

Asfaha to be correct
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:20 pm

Anyone know how the under 16's and under 18's went in trials Thursday night just gone vs Glenelg at Thebby just keep in touch with a few of those lads etc haven't seen anything on those two trials at all
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:33 am

hawke wrote:Went out to Eastern Parade this evening to watch training. (Someone said that Eagles train at Seaton Oval on Mon Fri, Eastern Pde on Wed).
Good to see Jesse Lonergan over 400metres leading the pack by 10 metres (at least, the first one) but repetition brought him back to the pack for the others. Dale Pearce looks fitter with good skills.
Good to see the young lad who broke his leg at Elizabeth in the last match of the season, running laps  (Alfasfa ? spelling- it was feared that he may not play football this season). Jordan West not out there - important for his future and the Club's 2021 success that he grabs the opportunity (with no Redden) -  West may be competing with Stephen Mills for 2nd ruck position behind Jack Hayes.
Was told that Rhyan Mansell's family was still in Adelaide with Mr Mansell still seen around the club - perhaps gives a glimmer of hope that, if Rhyan isn't picked up by Richmond pre-season, he may come back rather than playing for Richmond's VFL side and hoping for mid year drafting.  Zane Williams is reportedly first on the track and last to leave. If I had to tip 2 "unheralded" players to emerge, then "Barnett" and "Dale Pearce".

I think you will find Ryhan's younger brother Oscar is over here. Was at training the previous Wednesday night at Eastern Parade, is looking at possibly playing in our U18's this season. Parents love the Club. Zane Williams has something special about him.

West is normally at training, usually trains with the injured group.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:24 am

wimpy wrote:
hawke wrote:Went out to Eastern Parade this evening to watch training. (Someone said that Eagles train at Seaton Oval on Mon Fri, Eastern Pde on Wed).
Good to see the young lad who broke his leg at Elizabeth in the last match of the season, running laps  (Alfasfa ? spelling- it was feared that he may not play football this season). Jordan West not out there - important for his future and the Club's 2021 success that he grabs the opportunity (with no Redden) -  West may be competing with Stephen Mills for 2nd ruck position behind Jack Hayes.

I think you will find Ryhan's younger brother Oscar is over here. Was at training the previous Wednesday night at Eastern Parade, is looking at possibly playing in our U18's this season. Parents love the Club. Zane Williams has something special about him.

West is normally at training, usually trains with the injured group.

How is the Alice Springs lad Mishae looking?
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:17 pm

Mishae Wollogerang's speed and skill don't look out of place at senior training. From reports, he is enthusiastically working hard in the gym to put on some kgs. Will probably play Seconds but ? whether his age might allow him to play as an over-aged player in the U18s.
Asfaha appears to have strengthened his upper body while recovering with his broken leg - hope he manages to play at least half a season because he was showing big improvement in the Seconds throughout last season.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:36 pm

hawke wrote:Mishae Wollogerang's speed and skill don't look out of place at senior training. From reports, he is enthusiastically working hard in the gym to put on some kgs. Will probably play Seconds but ? whether his age might allow him to play as an over-aged player in the U18s.  
Asfaha appears to have strengthened his upper body while recovering with his broken leg - hope he manages to play at least half a season because he was showing big improvement in the Seconds throughout last season.

Sheedy surprised us last year with players we didn’t expect to play and get drafted .
Who knows Mishae may play league
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:37 pm

hawke wrote:Mishae Wollogerang's speed and skill don't look out of place at senior training. From reports, he is enthusiastically working hard in the gym to put on some kgs. Will probably play Seconds but ? whether his age might allow him to play as an over-aged player in the U18s.  

What I saw of Asfaha was that he was close to selection in the senior team. Looking forward to seeing him.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Woody Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:17 pm

Word from the Nest is that Pup will not be playing at Oval Ave this season. Probably playing for Hahndorf in the Hills League.

Mathew Dennis appears to be off to Tassie next season so no chance for the Eagles.

I agree with you Hawke re; Barnett. I rate the young fellow and look forward to his progress as a centre player.

Likewise, agree with Wimpy, Zane Williams is a very talented player. I would also like to see 'Mad Dog' Morgan get a game in the league team. He is gutsy player a good around the goals.
Woody
Woody

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next