Reddeer
Cica
Peter69
10 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Recruiting for 2018 - Page 9 Empty Re: Recruiting for 2018

Post by wimpy Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:14 pm

Mara32 wrote:I’ve got a feeling someone else is now calling Allmond’s shots...
Very good call "Mara32", I think the new bride is calling a lot of the shots.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:14 am

I just read that PAM have signed Mitchell Mead from the Eagles. Did we release him or can Port just take anyone for its SANFL side.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:42 am

Will have to find out a bit more about this. I wonder if "father son" comes in to it or the Eagles told him he would be unlikely to get much of a run at the Eagles. I think his younger brother is the better player also state under 16, lets hope he stays. With Mitchell it might be easier for him to get a game at the magpies.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:06 pm

Are we losing players to south or more BS on SA footy
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:39 am

I wouldn't be too worried mickyj. Most probably only reserves players. The club must have turnover of players to freshen up list and discover and encourage new talent. I don't think Mick godden would let too much escape that he wanted to keep.
Although Summerton played well at reserves level he really never showed enough to be a league regular.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:31 am

wimpy wrote:I wouldn't be too worried mickyj. Most probably only reserves players. The club must have turnover of players to freshen up list and discover and encourage new talent. I don't think Mick godden would let too much escape that he wanted to keep.
Although Summerton played well at reserves level he really never showed enough to be a league regular.

That’s true Wimpy and a reason I didn’t bite this time
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:28 am

Mickyj wrote:
wimpy wrote:I wouldn't be too worried mickyj. Most probably only reserves players. The club must have turnover of players to freshen up list and discover and encourage new talent. I don't think Mick godden would let too much escape that he wanted to keep.

i must be a big fish in a bored men's group life fancy trying to reactions again out of me lol
any other fans feel free to go after them me i cant waste my breath Smile
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:34 am

Mickyj wrote:

Just don't get sucked in responding. Some of them are waiting your feedback.Players will always move on if they see limited opportunity at heir current club.  I agree with Wimpy. Godden is a good operator. We have tons of promising juniors coming through. I am quite excited about next season.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:45 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

Just don't get sucked in responding. Some of them are waiting your feedback.Players will always move on if they see limited opportunity at heir current club.  I agree with Wimpy. Godden is a good operator. We have tons of promising juniors coming through. I am quite excited about next season.

I’m not known to listen but i am this time.
Wimpy is correct
Goddy your right as well
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:05 pm

Well said goddy11. I might see you tonight, just wear a halo so I can recognise you.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:28 pm

I would have liked to see Santa and ask for a premiership. First time I've been there in along time although a member since day 1. Thommo is all class, 1 of my favourites. Won a Christmas ham.
The new players presented well. Loved their feedback.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:51 am

Mickyj.....just believe what the true Eagle supporters report. Trolling is a poor way to fish especially if the hook has no barb and the bait is poor.
Had a good chat to the coach about alleged disappearing reserve players and he said that Summerton and Whittlesea were training with S.A. but hadn't signed. Elsworthy, Georgeson and Cardone had gone back to their junior clubs. He said best crop of juniors to come through for quite a while. Looking at playing Joe Sinor further up field and Goldsworthy at half forward and on ball.
The three ex-magpies all spoke well and all denounced the magpies for the way they handled the AFL/SANFL rule about which grades players play in.
All praised how well they have been accepted at the Eagles and have enjoyed their time sofar.
I only won a six pack of mince tarts.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:57 pm

wimpy wrote:Mickyj.....just believe what the true Eagle supporters report. Trolling is a poor way to fish especially if the hook has no barb and the bait is poor.
Had a good chat to the coach about alleged disappearing reserve players and he said that Summerton and Whittlesea were training with S.A. but hadn't signed. Elsworthy, Georgeson and Cardone had gone back to their junior clubs. He said best crop of juniors to come through for quite a while. Looking at playing Joe Sinor further up field and Goldsworthy at half forward and on ball.
The three ex-magpies all spoke well and all denounced the magpies for the way they handled the AFL/SANFL rule about which grades players play in.
All praised how well they have been accepted at the Eagles and have enjoyed their time sofar.

Good advice Wimpy
Thanks for the info
I finally could see the idiots baiting me I’m not bothered will never meet those people .
Glad you spoke with the coach
So no major players heading south
Good
Enjoy the mince pies thanks Wimpy
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:05 pm

goddy11 wrote:I would have liked to see Santa and ask for a premiership. First time I've been there in along time although a member since day 1. Thommo is all class, 1 of my favourites. Won  a Christmas ham.
The new players presented well. Loved their feedback.

Nice feedback Goddy
Ham for you mince pies for Wimpy
Seeing good reports from you and Wimpy should be inspiring the eagles fans
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:01 pm

wimpy wrote:Mickyj.....just believe what the true Eagle supporters report. Trolling is a poor way to fish especially if the hook has no barb and the bait is poor.

Some fine Villi's mince tarts no less Wimpy!

No surprise that Boofa might give a few of the boys he coached to the 2's flags an opportunity down at South if they can make it through pre season.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:54 am

Best eaten - heated with Peters Icecream.
Columbo - correct, Boofa was always going to give an opportunity to fringe players he already knew, whether they are good enough remains to be seen. These losses will not hurt the Eagles.
Have a Great Christmas.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:15 am

wimpy wrote:Best eaten - heated with Peters Icecream.
Columbo - correct, Boofa was always going to give an opportunity to fringe players he already knew, whether they are good enough remains to be seen. These losses will not hurt the Eagles.
Have a Great Christmas.

Once I saw the names I knew no great losses
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:00 pm

I see the talk on the eagles and how much North paid for Almond is going on .
You’d think they’d talk about more interesting stuff
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:31 am

wimpy wrote:Will have to find out a bit more about this. I wonder if "father son" comes in to it or the Eagles told him he would be unlikely to get much of a run at the Eagles. I think his younger brother is the better player also state under 16, lets hope he stays. With Mitchell it might be easier for him to get a game at the magpies.

Hi all to 2018.
Wimpy, did you find out about Mitchell Mead?
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:13 am

I intended going out Friday night but got held up and didn't get there. Hope to get out there this Wednesday. Whittlesea and Summerton have still not signed with SA. Not all that impressed with setup done there. Both are thinking about playing with Wallaroo.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:48 am

I’ve seen rumours of former Brownlow winner helping out their old club . It’s not the Eagles and Blight is it ?
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:01 pm

Mickyj wrote:I’ve seen rumours of former Brownlow winner helping out their old club . It’s not the Eagles and Blight is it ?

If he can kick goals or bring some good player, otherwise unimportant.
Don't get sucked into something Micky. There are quite a few Brownlows out there with SA connection. I think Westies have 3. Platten at Central and Goodes was a Walleroo bot.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:I’ve seen rumours of former Brownlow winner helping out their old club . It’s not the Eagles and Blight is it ?

If he can kick goals or bring some good player, otherwise unimportant.  
Don't get sucked into something Micky. There are quite a few Brownlows out there with SA connection. I think Westies have 3. Platten at Central and Goodes was a Walleroo bot.

Good thoughts Wimpy
Nah not getting sucked in wouldn’t have thought it was the eagles
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:26 am

Went to training last night, not much to report. PA & E council have done bugger all at the oval. Luey Sharrad currently on holidays in Japan.
My understanding about Mitchell Mead leaving is that he was partly pushed by his father and also received a very weak offer from the power to defect to the magpies because they might rookie list him (this didn't eventuate). They will assess him again this season to see if it is worthwhile rookie listing him. The arrangement is that he will come back to the Eagles if things don't work out.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:55 am

"Mickyj" - just for you. Seb G. is still training with the Eagles. Looks very fit, a lot fitter than Jarred Redden.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next