Headfan
Mickyj
Premiers
20 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Recruits for Season 2024 - Page 13 Empty Re: Recruits for Season 2024

Post by wimpy Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:42 am

All this conjecture over what our team will look like is great.
Litster has to be in there somewhere, he is only young and is a very, very good mark in our back lines, he should be a 200 gamer for the Eagles.
We MUST develop Cooke. He is very athletic and what I saw from him in the last third of the season I thought has game had developed considerably. Although not in the same category as Jack Hayes he should be able to perform a similar roll around the ground taking outlet marks and crucial defensive marks, he should be a go to player when we need a steadying mark.
An under 18 I liked was Callum Fairall, he most probably won't get drafted but could turn in to a good wingman/halfback.
Sadly I think Firns and Comma should be overlooked, we must move on.
Goldy I'm 50:50 on, has been a great player for us but has problems with injuries.

Last edited by wimpy on Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:14 pm

Is it fair that I should feel aggrieved that the club spends the best part of a year (resources) rehabilitating Pudney to the point that some other club seems to want him, and then he goes and leaves? What compo do we get?
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:33 pm

whybother wrote:Is it fair that I should feel aggrieved that the club spends the best part of a year (resources) rehabilitating Pudney to the point that some other club seems to want him, and then he goes and leaves? What compo do we get?  
 Wouldn’t you like to run through him and take him out first game he plays us .
That’s me once you leave and join another club against us your the enemy
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:34 pm

wimpy wrote:All this conjecture over what our team will look like is great.
Litster has to be in there somewhere, he is only young and is a very, very good mark in our back lines, he should be a 200 gamer for the Eagles.
We MUST develop Cooke. He is very athletic and what I saw from him in the last third of the season I thought has game had developed considerably. Although not in the same category as Jack Hayes he should be able to perform a similar roll around the ground taking outlet marks and crucial defensive marks, he should be a go to player when we need a steadying mark.
An under 18 I liked was Callum Fairall, he most probably won't get drafted but could turn in to a good wingman/halfback.
Sadly I think Firns and Comma should be overlooked, we must move on
Well said wimpy we need someone to be the next Jack Hayes
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Headfan Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:07 pm

Mickyj wrote:
whybother wrote:Is it fair that I should feel aggrieved that the club spends the best part of a year (resources) rehabilitating Pudney to the point that some other club seems to want him, and then he goes and leaves? What compo do we get?  

Our compensation will be winning the 2024 Grand Final. Even better if it’s against Centrals.
Headfan
Headfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:22 pm

Headfan wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

Our compensation will be winning the 2024 Grand Final. Even better if it’s against Centrals.
That works Headfan or we take them out and go on and win the flag
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:24 pm

If he had broken a contract then I think you would be within your rights to be annoyed, if he hasn't then I think its not unlike changing your job if you get a better offer from someone else. The time commitment for players vs the monetary reward that most receive is probably not the best so if you are offered a better deal elsewhere then you would be silly not to look at it.

If it were you or I in the same situation we probably say no I'm loyal and committed to the club so I'll stay put, regardless of the offer from somewhere else.

In my view anyone who isn't 100% on board, thanks for your efforts and best of luck for the future.

There would be some form of transfer fee in this case I assume so there would be some sort of compensation.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:50 am

I found this:

In 2023, Adelaide and Port Adelaide can each select one 19 or 20-year-old player as part of the SANFL Rookie Program, with the player having the autonomy to opt into the program once the SANFL club has been consulted in the first instance.

Once a player decides to opt in, their SANFL club will be financially compensated.

AFL clubs must select their SANFL Rookie Program player in their SANFL League team each week, immediately after their AFL-listed players and Marquee Player.

Father-son and Next Generation Academy players can opt into the SANFL Rookie Program without approval from their SANFL club.

''As a League, it’s important to continue to balance what’s best for football and the development of players in South Australia, ensuring we remain the best State League competition in the nation.''

SANFL Executive General Manager Football Matt Duldig.

I found this very interesting with F/S and NGAs doing what they want with no consideration for their SANFL club which has nurtured them.

What a lot of crap from Duldig, what balance if there for SANFL clubs, it's all weighted in the players favour.
Many, many players who get drafted and don't get the advantage of being F/S seem to succeed very well, so why should F/S be advantaged.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:28 pm

James Tsitas just resigned with the Gold Coast for another 12 months.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:45 pm

wimpy wrote:James Tsitas just resigned with the Gold Coast for another 12 months.
It was doubtful he’d come back now he won’t be
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:28 pm

Our AFLexWWTFC list options is steadily diminishing making our future planning direction clearer. Firstly, the Mitch Hardie option disappeared, now the Tsitas option, next may be the McNeil option then McPherson may say he's too banged up to continue.
On that subject, in 2025 ( though nobody cares about 2025 , too far away), Henry Smith 206cm ruck/for, Jakob Wehr, Tsitas, Mitch Hardy, Jack Hayes all become available unless their contracts are extended.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:49 pm

Premiers wrote:Our AFLexWWTFC list options is steadily diminishing making our future planning direction clearer. Firstly, the Mitch Hardie option disappeared, now the Tsitas option, next may be the McNeil option then McPherson may say he's too banged up to continue.
On that subject, in 2025 ( though nobody cares about 2025 , too far away), Henry Smith 206cm ruck/for, Jakob Wehr, Tsitas, Mitch Hardy, Jack Hayes all become available unless their contracts are extended.
I’m guessing or hoping that we have signed players that we need to move forward
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:12 pm

In the proposed team, I had not considered Goldsworthy because I thought he had retired. If he's available, I would replace Zane Williams with Goldsworthy - Goldsworthy covers all of the positions that Williams can play and does it better, and can get his "öwn ball". So "ÿes", Goldsworthy on the bench for me instead of Williams to come on as relief for Forward pocket, Hf flank, Hb flank or Back Pocket.
Otherwise, I'm happy to stay true to that team and ignore any of the posted alternatives.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Headfan Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:41 pm

The proposed October team is a good one, assuming B1, D1 and R1 eventuate and are superior to existing players. It could be called a “dream” team (not a Dream Team).
Picking a team this early out, especially with players designated to positions, is as difficult as predicting the finishing positions of every Melbourne Cup horse.
Key Position players, especially tall forward and tall defender, are stated as Jacobs’s and Couzner’s priority. Who we get should determine whether Ballenden plays at FF or CHF (I prefer him at CHF because of his long accurate kicking) and whether Thomo plays at FB or CHB.
If we don’t get an established ruckman, Ballenden, Luck or Lucak can support David Brinker-Ritchie.
We can fill FF with Menzel or Pearce if we can’t snare a Grenville Dietrich, Michael Wundke, John Roberts, Andrew Taylor, Adam Grocke, etc.
Core starters (to me) are, in no particular order, Sinor, Rowe, Knight, Thompson, Ballenden, Menzel, Beecken, Lehmann, DB-R and D ‘Aloia and then Goody, Rollands, Beattie, McKay, Herbert, Pearce, Mawson and Litster.
Headfan
Headfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:04 pm

We are relying heavily on Thommo to carry a key position. At his age, there is a huge risk that his form may drop off dramatically and suddenly. His competitiveness will not cease but I do worry that his pace might drop off.

The club should never have reached this position where he is one year from retirement and we still do not have a ready made key position back who can slot straight in at full back. It becomes critical that we secure that tall key defender and have him work with Thommo for a year so that the baton can be handed when Thommo eventually does go. Securing one in this period will be a wait and see.

I note that Richmond delisted Kaelan Bradtke (195cm 97kg) the other day. Wasn't the club close to securing him last season before Richmond secured him late in the Rookie draft? I wonder whether he'd consider shifting over here one year on?
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:01 pm

Shssh, Titan. You got it in one ! (B1 = "B" for .......)

hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheedsb2b Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:08 pm

Jake pasini and Sam Hayes got delisted they would be handy recruits pasini would be a good key back for us and Sam Hayes would be a good ruck as well
Sheedsb2b
Sheedsb2b

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:37 pm

This players name has come up from south Oliver Megins I don’t know if we’ve signed him or just spoken to him he’s a ruckman 
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:47 pm

Lachie Hoile has signed with RSMU Hawks for 2024
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:54 pm

Mickyj wrote:This players name has come up from south Oliver Megins I don’t know if we’ve signed him or just spoken to him he’s a ruckman 

Ex basketballer according to South's website. SANFL profile says he is 27 years old, 201cm, has played 3 league games and 40 odd reserves games in the last 3 seasons.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:56 pm

Columbo wrote:
Mickyj wrote:This players name has come up from south Oliver Megins I don’t know if we’ve signed him or just spoken to him he’s a ruckman 

Ex basketballer according to South's website. SANFL profile says he is 27 years old, 201cm, has played 3 league games and 40 odd reserves games in the last 3 seasons.
Yep I saw that online someone told me his name I don’t know if we’ve only talked to him or if he’s coming to us
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Headfan Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:07 pm

Like Kaelan Bradtke’s work. Checked his highlight reel. Can mark and kick goals. Appeared to be playing FF. His build reminds me of Michael Wundke.
Oliver Megins: 3 games with South Adelaide, 27 yo, ex basketballer, 201cm. Maybe another Peter Hoban? Maybe too inexperienced?
Headfan
Headfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:14 am

I’m hearing some players not offered contracts yet not sure what’s going on with that yet
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:01 am

Columbo wrote:Lachie Hoile has signed with RSMU Hawks for 2024

Lachie was given plenty of chances but never grabbed the opportunities.
Never worked hard enough, and didn't push himself to do extra at training.
I always thought that if Lachie had put in the effort he could have become a valuable member of the league team.

Last edited by wimpy on Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:11 am

wimpy wrote:
Columbo wrote:Lachie Hoile has signed with RSMU Hawks for 2024

Lachie was given plenty of chances but never grabbed the opportunities.
Never worked hard enough, and didn't push himself to do extra at training.

I’m going to guess we at times must do a player as well as change coaching staff!
We’ve seen the league staff changes time to see players go as well
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next