Mickyj
Premiers
20 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Recruits for Season 2024 - Page 5 Empty Re: Recruits for Season 2024

Post by Mickyj Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:40 am

Goddsy11 wrote:
Sheedsb2b wrote:Barkla will probably come but I just thought port will take him as a top up player but hope not

Fair enough but I'm sure the rules don't allow PA or the Crows to recruit delisted players to their state league sides unless they come in as marquee players. They can't be used as top ups in their delisting year. He can of course get re-rookied.
AFL FB Info pages are saying he’s drawn interest from other AFL clubs
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:14 am

I saw on the SA Footy site that Mitch O'Neill from South is seeking other opportunities. He'd be terrific at the Eagles. Number 13, he always plays well against us and did well in the Magarey. Maybe a package deal - Wright and O'Neill ????
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:40 am

I would prefer my club to be fully competative and always fighting finals rather than a club that gloats on the fact that they they have provided 18 or more players to the all powerful afl in that organisations half a dozen drafts during a season. grabing all our good players all the time will keep us were we are,. And if that is negative barton Too bad
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:17 am

Ditto, ditto, ditto
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:15 am

The Barton wrote:I saw on the SA Footy site that Mitch O'Neill from South is seeking other opportunities. He'd be terrific at the Eagles. Number 13, he always plays well against us and did well in the Magarey. Maybe a package deal - Wright and O'Neill ????

He would be a good get...feel sorry for Rowe having to carry the team on his back every week usually with a heavy tag
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:34 am

MichaelScott wrote:
The Barton wrote:I saw on the SA Footy site that Mitch O'Neill from South is seeking other opportunities. He'd be terrific at the Eagles. Number 13, he always plays well against us and did well in the Magarey. Maybe a package deal - Wright and O'Neill ????

He would be a good get...feel sorry for Rowe having to carry the team on his back every week usually with a heavy tag

Just had a look at SAfooty and apparently hes going to Norwood along with every delisted AFL player...looks like the salary cap cheats are back to their normal brown paper bag ways
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:57 am

MichaelScott wrote:
MichaelScott wrote:

Just had a look at SAfooty and apparently hes going to Norwood along with every delisted AFL player...looks like the salary cap cheats are back to their normal brown paper bag ways

I'd expect them to be aggressive - they've lost 4 premiership players including 2 of their key mids so far and I've heard 7 altogether are going. Now they'll know what it's like to have their team and club decimated by player losses. Ethan Haylock could be one of those 7 ! (he didn't make it on the park this year).
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:29 am

Connor McLeod received at reserves Premiership medal at Glenelg. Crying or Very sad
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:48 am

Crows released this on Mathew Wright hopefully it stops the rumours he’s coming to the Eagles 

Adelaide SANFL Captain has announced his retirement from the Crows’ State League Side.
Wright has spent the past five years as the Crows SANFL Captain, joining the side in 2019 after hanging up his AFL playing boots with Carlton.
The forward became Adelaide’s longest serving State League Captain this season and, in 2022, notched a special milestone when he led the side out for the 50th time against Woodville-West Torrens.
Adelaide’s Preliminary Final against Sturt on Sunday marked the 33-year-old’s final SANFL game and was also his 300th AFL/SANFL match.
Speaking to AFC Media Wright said there were mixed emotions walking off the field for the last time on Sunday. 
“It was a tough one (on Sunday), walking off it was certainly disappointing not to come away with the win and miss the opportunity of playing off in a SANFL Grand Final,” Wright said. 
“But there was also a bit of relief to be honest, the body was just sort of hanging on by the end and it’s well and truly shut down now, so it was certainly the right decision.
“Looking back I have loved the journey, being part of two great footy Clubs and meeting so many great people, I wouldn’t change it for the world.” 
Wright’s career with the Crows ends, having almost come full circle.
He was selected by Adelaide at the 2010 AFL Rookie Draft and went on to play 94 AFL games in five seasons, before joining Carlton as a delisted free agent in 2016.
Wright then lined up in 65 AFL games for the Blues until he retired in 2019, and returned to SA to captain Adelaide’s SANFL side, as well as take up a role as the team’s forward coach.
He said the opportunity to come back and finish his playing career with the Crows, while also starting his journey as a coach, was something he was incredibly thankful for.
“I’ve really loved my role with the SANFL team over the past few years,” Wright said. 
“Early days at the Crows, I really enjoyed working with the younger players coming into the system, and going across to Carlton I got the opportunity to work closely with the likes of Charlie Curnow, Harry McKay and Patrick Cripps as young players. 
“So I knew pretty early on I wanted to go down the coaching/development route, and for the Crows to offer me the chance to come back and start that phase of my career while still getting to play at a high level. 
“I could not be more thankful for the Adelaide Footy Club.” 
Crows SANFL Coach Michael Godden highlighted the influence of Wright on the program, saying he was a “great contributor to our footy club and to the game”.
“Unfortunately we couldn’t send him off the way we wanted to but I am sure he has a long future in the coaching game,” Godden said.
“It’s been a pleasure watching him and it’s been a pleasure coaching him.”
Wright will continue at the Club as a development coach.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:36 pm

Goddsy11 wrote:Connor McLeod received at reserves Premiership medal at Glenelg. Crying or Very sad
And as Glenelg's Reserves captain
Goes with the medal he also won at the Eagles Reserves Premiership in 2020
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheedsb2b Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:26 pm

Josh morris delisted fingers crossed we get him and doesn’t get picked up
Sheedsb2b
Sheedsb2b

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:28 pm

Good outcome for the Eagles

The Woodville West Torrens Football Club are delighted to announce that our Club has a League high 8 young Eagles selected for the 2024 SANFL U18 State Academy…
Tom Luck, Tyler Welsh, Kade Herbert, Rome Burgoyne, Charlie West, Tate Delmenico, Harry Dodd, & Jett Hasting.

https://www.facebook.com/wwtfc
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:05 pm

They played in the futures match last Sunday.
Welsh, Herbert, Luck and Burgoyne have also been selected to play in the futures match before the AFL G.F. on Saturday.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:05 am

Sheedsb2b wrote:Josh morris delisted fingers crossed we get him and doesn’t get picked up

Hopefully someone down there are doing their job and making this a priority signing. Sick of ex players going to other clubs
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:47 am

MichaelScott wrote:
Sheedsb2b wrote:Josh morris delisted fingers crossed we get him and doesn’t get picked up

Hopefully someone down there are doing their job and making this a priority signing. Sick of ex players going to other clubs

AFL website quotes him as Injury-plagued Josh Morris. Typical WWT same as McPherson. Good player but always in the injury room. Sad
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:14 pm

Goddsy11 wrote:
MichaelScott wrote:

AFL website quotes him as Injury-plagued Josh Morris. Typical WWT same as McPherson. Good player but always in the injury room. Sad

Let's hope with the lesser pressure of the SANFL they might be able to survive and contribute.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:17 pm

wimpy wrote:
Goddsy11 wrote:
MichaelScott wrote:

Let's hope with the lesser pressure of the SANFL they might be able to survive and contribute.

I hope we can bring them home
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:23 pm

Mickyj wrote:
wimpy wrote:
Goddsy11 wrote:
MichaelScott wrote:

I hope we can bring them home

Yeah we need to get back the delisted ex players they are the ones that are going to hang around. If we lose out to South and Sturt with big money offers i'll be spewing
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:38 pm

MichaelScott wrote:

Sorry I can't agree with this. Yes, always nice to have ex-Eagles players return. But we need to 100% prioritise targeting players that can address our obvious weaknesses - that is key forwards and key defenders and a ready-made ruck (although this is probably a lesser concern now we have DBR). There is to be no excuses this year after last year's poor off-season efforts.

Throw all available recruiting $$ at them. Once we secure these tall players then - and only then - should we consider turning our attention to flankers and small defenders. We should be not be frittering away our recruiting budget on recruiting players simply because they are ex-Eagles. Needs first. Then consider how much left over we have.

If Morris goes to another SANFL club because they put in a big offer and turns into a good player then so be it. But based on what we know he hasn't set the world on fire in the VFL, is often injured and plays a position the eagles probably aren't currently lacking.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:57 pm

I don't agree our defence has been poor not just with talls but also the smaller defenders and lack of pace. Morris is 6"1 and was running through the midfield when playing with Hawks.
Someone like Pierce Seymour would have been ideal to slot in at CHB but we let him go. Don't see much in way of key position players recently delisted so should be looking for cheaper options from VFL that can do a job. Someone like Rory Lehmann that has shown he can be a key player when he can get on the park.
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:37 am

SA footy North fans are saying players are leaving due to their coach Surjan should we go recruiting some of them
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazz Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:29 pm

We need some recruits no doubt but we must target specific needs. When the new coach is announced I'm wondering how much input they will have and also depending on the name how much influence they may have in attracting potential recruits
Gazz
Gazz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:52 pm

Gazz wrote:We need some recruits no doubt but we must target specific needs. When the new coach is announced I'm wondering how much input they will have and also depending on the name how much influence they may have in attracting potential recruits
Very true Gazz
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:14 pm

Well we maybe after Norths Assistant Coach so north players could be possible
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Headfan Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:20 am

Would Jackson Hately be a smart target for the Eagles recruiters?
Headfan
Headfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next