Aerie
Goddsy11
hawke
10 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Eagles Recruiting for 2022 Empty Eagles Recruiting for 2022

Post by hawke Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:36 pm

Sam Gray (AFL delisted). Would probably be one of the first targets. No-one replaces Tyson Stengle but Sam Gray has the "smarts" for crafty forward pocket play as well as stints in the midfield.

If Eagles are thinking of "like - for- like", Angus Baker, age 22years, (Canberra Demons), for Guifreda or Jungfer, would be a huge get. A 191cm interceptor (like South Adelaide's Joe Haines) but faster. Like Guiffreda, can defend on "talls" and "smalls", even as a tall midfielder. Essendon had him out for pre-season training earlier this season, then overlooked him. He went back to Canberra and won the Mulroney Medal for Best Player in ACT. A South supporter mentioned South Adelaide were looking at him last season before Essendon checked him. Pretty impressive youtube highlights.

hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Eagles Recruiting for 2022 Empty Re: Eagles Recruiting for 2022

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:09 pm

Litster if not drafted is a certainty for a grade.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:14 pm

Sam Gray would be a perfect recruit to replace Stengle/Poole. He has a bit of x-factor being a small man and good defensive pressure. I’d imagine Comma would continue his role replacing the attributes Poole brings.

Hopefully we keep our recruits from last year and our midfield remains. Perhaps adding young D’Aloia to the rotations.

I can see McFarlane being better for a season in the SANFL and playing that rebounding defensive role - especially if Beecken goes in the AFL draft.

Lehmann forms a key defensive pairing with Thompson.

Cameron moves up forward replacing VB.

Both Wheare and Pearce look capable as young key forwards in the Reserves. Will be interesting to see their progression over the off-season and see if they can crack a league game next year.

I guess needs will become more apparent after the AFL draft. You never know, maybe Stengle stays or maybe we lose him, Hayes and Tsitas!
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:26 pm

I wonder if any of these are in the 50 CVs that Luke Powell got
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:57 pm

Just to clarify..Rucci announced Gray to the eagles if not drafted last year....he is not going to be drafted this year....i heard second hand that powell said that gray is coming to the eagles but that would have been a while back probably around the end of the minor round. I can imagine every SANFL team will be trying to recruit him.
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:10 pm

MichaelScott wrote:Just to clarify..Rucci announced Gray to the eagles if not drafted last year....he is not going to be drafted this year....i heard second hand that powell said that gray is coming to the eagles but that would have been a while back probably around the end of the minor round. I can imagine every SANFL team will be trying to recruit him.

Fair enough
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:47 pm

Goldsworthy would probably be as good as any in a permanent small forward role.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:23 pm

MichaelScott wrote:Just to clarify..Rucci announced Gray to the eagles if not drafted last year....he is not going to be drafted this year....i heard second hand that powell said that gray is coming to the eagles but that would have been a while back probably around the end of the minor round. I can imagine every SANFL team will be trying to recruit him.

According to a post on SA Footballer on Facebook, Sam and Tom have signed with Port Districts for 2022
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:35 pm

Columbo wrote:

According to a post on SA Footballer on Facebook, Sam and Tom have signed with Port Districts for 2022

Yeah it’s also up on SA Footy
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:42 pm

Hmmm maybe we should have kept his brother on our list..
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:26 pm

Went and watched the State U19s on Sunday. The SANFL site gave the best player to SA's CHB with 10 disposals and six marks, the site gave Max Litster second best. Other people gave Litster best, I thought he was clearly best for SA. As usual the media gave all their attention to "known stars". If Litster doesn't get drafted he will be a very handy league player next season, he improves every match he plays.
I still think Adam D'Aloia will also play league next year.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:27 pm

Having missed out with Sam Gray as the opportunistic forward pocket replacement for Stengle, perhaps Sam Lowson becomes the next target. His 2020 GF performance was good without the goals to go with it - looked dangerous and "almost" jagged 4 goals playing with a knee brace. I can't see anyone within our current playing list filling that role.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:34 pm

If Litser doesn't get drafted, wouldn't mind 2 youngsters Hoile and Litser filling the HB flanks, both providing good run, kicking and defensive skills. And Hoile has been patiently waiting his chance, evidenced by his high placing in the Seconds Medal.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:16 pm

hawke wrote:Having missed out with Sam Gray as the opportunistic forward pocket replacement for Stengle, perhaps Sam Lowson becomes the next target. His  2020 GF performance was good without the goals to go with it -  looked dangerous and "almost" jagged 4 goals playing with a knee brace. I can't see anyone within our current playing list filling that role.

Now that Stengle has signed for Geelong we need a replacement. Forwards like that don't fall off trees. Also young D'Aloia in the u18 getting a bit of attention. I believe he's not draft age so lets hope.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:50 am

hawke wrote:Having missed out with Sam Gray as the opportunistic forward pocket replacement for Stengle, perhaps Sam Lowson becomes the next target. His  2020 GF performance was good without the goals to go with it -  looked dangerous and "almost" jagged 4 goals playing with a knee brace. I can't see anyone within our current playing list filling that role.

"Zane Williams".
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:14 am

wimpy wrote:

"Zane Williams".

Yes, deserves a proper crack at it. Big pre-season hopefully. As fortunate as we were as a club to get Stengle at the last minute, it was at the expense of a full season for Williams.

Hawke mentioned Hoile as well as a running player - looking forward to watching him play league footy too.

Litster I presume will get picked up by an AFL club, but if not, he will be a full time league player replacing Jungfer in the back line should Jungfer leave the club as mentioned.

Who's the most promising young big key forward or back coming through? Perhaps needed as back up next season or even just to get a taste, but you'd imagine by 2023 there will be plenty of opportunities as our veterans retire. Von Bertouch already moving on.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:24 pm

PA has a few of our boys unsigned atm. I wonder if theres a chance we may get the odd one back. Trent Burgoyne, Martin Frederick, Taj Schofield. Jackson Mead.
Just throwing it out there.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:40 pm

goddy11 wrote:PA has a few of our boys unsigned atm. I wonder if theres a chance we may get the odd one back. Trent Burgoyne, Martin Frederick, Taj Schofield. Jackson Mead.

Didn’t I see Martin Fredrick signed a new deal a few weeks back ?
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:13 pm

Mickyj wrote:
goddy11 wrote:PA has a few of our boys unsigned atm. I wonder if theres a chance we may get the odd one back. Trent Burgoyne, Martin Frederick, Taj Schofield. Jackson Mead.

I think your correct. Sign for 2022.Pity.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:22 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

Not sure about his brother over in the west maybe he comes home
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:51 pm

Current delisted AFL players on the radar of several SANFL clubs are Michael Gibbons (Carlton) and Brayden Ainsworth (West Coast). Would Eagles be interested?
Centrals rumoured to have an interstate 197cm key defender except for providing a job - send him our way and David Couzner is pretty good at fixing up a job for him
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:45 pm

Mickyj wrote:
goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

Not sure about his brother over in the west maybe he comes home

2 more years of contract. Good player.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:49 pm

hawke wrote:Current delisted AFL players on the radar of several SANFL clubs are Michael Gibbons  (Carlton) and Brayden Ainsworth (West Coast). Would Eagles be interested?
Centrals rumoured to have an interstate 197cm key defender except for providing a job - send him our way and David Couzner is pretty good at fixing up a job for him

Be tough to get those players on a SANFL salary cap. A ruckman would be good. West just falls short at top level. Mainly around the ground.

I hope the Menzel's are still with us. Word earlier I saw somewhere was Troy was quitting.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:25 pm

The only reason for coming for these delisted players like Gibbons, Ainsworth, Angus Baker, James Cousins etc is that at age 24yrs or younger, they consider they have one last chance to impress (in SANFL) and earn a recall.That's why I wouldn't expect Sam Lowson to come because time has passed him by for AFL, unless we're able to provide a massive job improvement.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:52 pm

Jarrod Lienert, 26yrs, 195cm quick skilful, delisted Port Power player, will possibly get redrafted. If not, he's probably Sturt through- and -through. But well worth an approach by the Eagles.Would be a terrific pickup.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next