Mickyj
Titan2
15 posters

Page 1 of 22 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next

Go down

Eagles recruiting for season 2023 Empty Eagles recruiting for season 2023

Post by Titan2 Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:27 am

Thought I'd start off this thread....

I notice the Power delisted Schofield last night. Ex Eagle U18 player (potentially played in a premiership?) only a few years ago. I believe he attended Henley High. He should still have some links with our club.

Is he the sort of player we should pursue? I think he's played some sold footy with the Power reserves and believe he has much upside. Can play small forward and also as a true rover - something I think we lack. Would be a handy player to get but clearly our #1 priority are talls.

Given his links to the Power, combined with the fact the Power Reserves were so poor this year, I'm sure the Power will be in his ear about staying on at the club as a top up player.

Will be interesting to see how this one plays out.
Titan2
Titan2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eagles recruiting for season 2023 Empty Re: Eagles recruiting for season 2023

Post by Mickyj Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:54 am

Titan2 wrote:Thought I'd start off this thread....

I notice the Power delisted Schofield last night. Ex Eagle U18 player (potentially played in a premiership?) only a few years ago. I believe he attended Henley High. He should still have some links with our club.

Is he the sort of player we should pursue? I think he's played some sold footy with the Power reserves and believe he has much upside. Can play small forward and also as a true rover - something I think we lack. Would be a handy player to get but clearly our #1 priority are talls.

Given his links to the Power, combined with the fact the Power Reserves were so poor this year, I'm sure the Power will be in his ear about staying on at the club as a top up player.

Will be interesting to see how this one plays out.

He was one of 3 delisted by Port I saw reports in the year Fredericks was being delisted not sure if he will be or not .
Eagles need a number 1 ruck imho
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:50 pm

Anyone hear how Zane Williams has gone at Geelong. For what its worth we missed a lively half forward this season. Too much of the goal scoring was left to Dan Menzal.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:09 pm

goddy11 wrote:Anyone hear how Zane Williams has gone at Geelong. For what its worth we missed a lively half forward this season. Too much of  the goal scoring was left to Dan Menzal.

Think he ended up at halfback and did quite well.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:41 pm

It was good to see that a number of players who I thought might be "gone" next year were at 2nds game today. Suggests that they are sticking to the club ?
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:34 pm

I wonder if Sheedy will approach any of the Crows top up players. Boyle and Mackenzie look good prospects.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:17 pm

goddy11 wrote:I wonder if Sheedy will approach any of the Crows top up players. Boyle and Mackenzie look good prospects.

Mackenzie is a great runner, played well today.
The is an ex AFL Listed and SANFL ruckman doing pretty well over on Yorke Peninsula at the moment, wonder if he is gettable?
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:25 am

Columbo wrote:
goddy11 wrote:I wonder if Sheedy will approach any of the Crows top up players. Boyle and Mackenzie look good prospects.

The is an ex AFL Listed and SANFL ruckman doing pretty well over on Yorke Peninsula at the moment, wonder if he is gettable?

Would like to get both, but Boyle has Glenelg connections and MacKenzie Doggie connections.
Wouldn't mind having a go at Skinner, delisted from the power, but more than likely would go back to South or his home state Queensland.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:26 am

Billy Frampton would be ideal, bird and all....
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:42 am

wimpy wrote:
Columbo wrote:

Would like to get both, but Boyle has Glenelg connections and MacKenzie Doggie connections.
Wouldn't mind having a go at Skinner, delisted from the power, but more than likely would go back to South or his home state Queensland.
Former clubs shouldn't worry us. That MacKenzie beard will end up cult like at any club.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:39 pm

We should make a paly for the young Camporeale boy at Glenelg. We need family traditions to continue at the Eagles.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:41 pm

Hawthorn delists Jackson Callow. Callow was a player that Norwood got over from Tasmania briefly and played a few games. I remember being very impressed with his ability to take a big contested mark.

He has shown a willingness to relocate to SA previously and no doubt Norwood would be in his ear. But he's a player Eagles should definitely enquire about given our need for tall forwards. Maybe Powelly can give our former skipper Mark Mckenzie (now Hawthorn's National Recruiting and List Manager) a call and have him point him in our direction!
Titan2
Titan2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:52 pm

Should also be schmoozing Henry Crauford, ex Norwood, ex Essendon, currently playing in the finals for the CY Cougars in the YPFL
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:15 am

goddy11 wrote:We should make a paly for the young Camporeale boy at Glenelg. We need family traditions to continue at the Eagles.

Think the Camporeale twins would be very hard to get. Like Billy Stretch his friends from school played with Glenelg so he wanted to be with his mates so he went to Glenelg.

With the twins being F/Son to Carlton I don't think they will be in SA too much longer.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:10 am

goddy11 wrote:We should make a paly for the young Camporeale boy at Glenelg. We need family traditions to continue at the Eagles.

Agreed - but it's no different to us with Jimmy Rowe. His old man would love him to play for Norwood but he was zoned to the Eagles and had mates here. Possible risk that he goes to Norwood when his AFL gig comes to an end. Hopefully not.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:48 pm

The Barton wrote:

Agreed - but it's no different to us with Jimmy Rowe. His old man would love him to play for Norwood but he was zoned to the Eagles and had mates here. Possible risk that he goes to Norwood when his AFL gig comes to an end. Hopefully not.
Jimmy chose the Eagles because his mates played at the Eagles, doubt this would have changed in two years. It's where the kids feel most comfortable. Very similar to Jack Graham and the Pisani lads not playing for us, their history was in the North Eastern suburbs.

What really destroyed us was the move to Tea Tree Gully, ex players with sons have no connection to our western suburbs zone.

We have been absolutely smashed by the SANFL, firstly by letting Woodville in, then shifting half our zone out to Tea Tree Gully and giving us Whyalla when jobs were plentiful up there and it was impossible/expensive to get the youngsters down to play. Now we have to inculcate former magpie supporters to believe in the EAGLES now we have their former area. The SANFL have done us no favours over the years.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:02 pm

Columbo wrote:The is an ex AFL Listed and SANFL ruckman doing pretty well over on Yorke Peninsula at the moment, wonder if he is gettable?

The Barton wrote:Should also be schmoozing Henry Crauford, ex Norwood, ex Essendon, currently playing in the finals for the CY Cougars in the YPFL

Great minds The Barton Smile
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:34 am

Columbo wrote:
Columbo wrote:The is an ex AFL Listed and SANFL ruckman doing pretty well over on Yorke Peninsula at the moment, wonder if he is gettable?

The Barton wrote:Should also be schmoozing Henry Crauford, ex Norwood, ex Essendon, currently playing in the finals for the CY Cougars in the YPFL

Love your posts boys, with an extra $50,000 in the salary cap we might be able to entice him. Desperately need a couple of good rucks.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:56 am

wimpy wrote:
Columbo wrote:

Love your posts boys, with an extra $50,000 in the salary cap we might be able to entice him. Desperately need a couple of good rucks.

That we do wimpy that we do
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:35 am

wimpy wrote:
Columbo wrote:

But is he any good? Can't just be picking them up simply because they have height. I remember him playing at Norwood and at that point at least wasn't up to League standard
Titan2
Titan2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:26 pm

Titan2 wrote:
wimpy wrote:
Columbo wrote:

But is he any good? Can't just be picking them up simply because they have height. I remember him playing at Norwood and at that point at least wasn't up to League standard

We have to start somewhere, we have no rucks at the moment, at least talk to him.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:41 pm

We've got Zac Phillips waiting in the wings, so no need to panic......
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:10 pm

Speaking of family traditions, rumours circling that Josh Schache might be delisted from the Western Bulldogs.

A bit of crystal ball gazing and much to play out but would be poetic if we could entice the son of Lawrence to the club where his father played.

Tall forward (or defender) who can also pinch hit in the ruck. Yes please.
Titan2
Titan2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:09 pm

Surely Westies have a ruckman and key defender we can pinch. That’s what we usually do when we’re a bit desperate!
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:59 pm

wimpy wrote:
Titan2 wrote:
wimpy wrote:
Columbo wrote:

We have to start somewhere, we have no rucks at the moment, at least talk to him.

Could be another possible playing down South (not at South) that has had a solid year
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 22 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next