Goddsy11
Woody
Mickyj
11 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Player rumours 2019/20 - Page 6 Empty Re: Player rumours 2019/20

Post by Mickyj Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:46 am

Reddeer wrote:We need to ask why good players decide to go elsewhere (ie James Boyd) among others recently. And many of our juniors on returning from AFL seem reluctant to return to the Eagles.   Is anything wrong with the clubs culture?
Do we not what to spend any money and just be one of the clubs to make up the numbers. Sadly with the average age of supporters to be in the 60's and hardly any young members evident  it would seem our future is suspect. We are falling into the old West Torrens adage, great social club, ordinary football club

No idea except this new coach wants to promote the younger players
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:56 pm

Reddeer wrote:We need to ask why good players decide to go elsewhere (ie James Boyd) among others recently. And many of our juniors on returning from AFL seem reluctant to return to the Eagles.   Is anything wrong with the clubs culture?
Do we not what to spend any money and just be one of the clubs to make up the numbers. Sadly with the average age of supporters to be in the 60's and hardly any young members evident  it would seem our future is suspect. We are falling into the old West Torrens adage, great social club, ordinary football club

I don't believe any culture issues exist. I share your concerns. It just economics and salary cap why we are restricted. We have gone out and selective recruited for need. No big names and high salaries. To me this is good.
As far as the membership goes I would suggest every SANFL club is going through the same scenario. WE have never had a large membership and may never have. Not the clubs lack of trying. Clubs like Norwood seem to have unlimited funds and unlimited salary cap but that's an issue for some others. The SANFL clubs are not like junior clubs elsewhere where there are always younger parents around, coming in or going on. Our policy to promote juniors will bare dividends' in the long run and enhance culture.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:04 am

goddy11 wrote:

I don't believe any culture issues exist. I share your concerns. It just economics and salary cap why we are restricted. We have gone out and selective recruited for need. No big names and high salaries. To me this is good.
As far as the membership goes I would suggest every SANFL club is going through the same scenario. WE have never had a large membership and may never have. Not the clubs lack of trying. Clubs like Norwood seem to have unlimited funds and unlimited salary cap but that's an issue for some others. The SANFL clubs are  not like junior clubs elsewhere where there are always younger parents around, coming in or going on. Our policy to promote juniors will bare dividends' in the long run and enhance culture.  

Reading on SA Footy the talk about our new coach and his laying down the law seems good .
Talk is like Thebby said fitness unseen for years
And telling players they need to improve their skills
It’s a good sign
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:10 pm

Quote The SANFL clubs are not like junior clubs elsewhere where there are always younger parents around, coming in or going on. Our policy to promote juniors will bare dividends' in the long run and enhance culture.
goddy11
goddy11

Apart from the sheer stupidity of the SANFL for the U16 to play half a season then go off somewhere else probably to play soccer. Where is the promotion of grass roots football in that, I ask you!

Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:21 am

Reddeer I'm not overly concerned about losing Boyd. About 30 now, might have got possibly one year out of him.
Was not a good team player, refused to go in to defence and defend and only did 20 metre kicks across the field, did not embrace modern football of having an all round game. I feel we have plenty of juniors that embrace modern day requirements to take his place, Kai Pudney for example. WE MUST regenerate the team.

Have mentioned previously my concern about former juniors who play AFL not coming back to the club.

Believe Seb Gilhaus is back at training!!!!!!

Can't find anything out about the alleged possible Norwood recruit.

Jordan Foote still in Sydney.

Training starts again on the 13th
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:04 am

wimpy wrote:

Reddeer I'm not overly concerned about losing Boyd. About 30 now, might have got possibly one year out of him.
Was not a good team player, refused to go in to defence and defend and only did 20 metre kicks across the field, did not embrace modern football of having an all round game. I feel we have plenty of juniors that embrace modern day requirements to take his place, Kai Pudney for example. WE MUST regenerate the team.

Have mentioned previously my concern about former juniors who play AFL not coming back to the club.

Believe Seb Gilhaus is back at training!!!!!!

Can't find anything out about the alleged possible Norwood recruit.

Jordan Foote still in Sydney.

Training starts again on the 13th

While losing Boyd has hurt us and will hurt us against Centrals.
He’s getting older played mainly in the seconds in 19.
So it hurts but we should cover him leaving .

Reading on SAFooty Sheedy has or is putting his stamp on the Eagles.
And the Eagles May have made finals lately we certainly weren’t that side last year .
Whatever reasons Sheedy might be what the eagles 🦅 need to keep climbing the ladder .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Woody Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:12 pm

Re; Seb Guilhaus. 
I can inform you that Seb is playing footy in the Top End NTFL for Southern Districts. He has played in the NT summer season for several years. The competition has a Xmas break for 2 weeks, so he may have come to Adelaide for a visit.
Woody
Woody

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:33 pm

Jordan Foote returning according to a tweet from Patrick Keam from The Advertiser.

Seb didn't play on the weekend, was going to watch online but they said he was out prior to the start of the game.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:30 pm

Columbo wrote:Jordan Foote returning according to a tweet from Patrick Keam from The Advertiser.

Seb didn't play on the weekend, was going to watch online but they said he was out prior to the start of the game.

Forgot to mention in my last post that although Jordan Foote was still in Sydney he would be back for first day of training in the new year.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:14 pm

[quote="wimpy"]
Columbo wrote:Jordan Foote returning according to a tweet from Patrick Keam from The Advertiser.

Forgot to mention in my last post that although Jordan Foote was still in Sydney he would be back for first day of training in the new year.[/quote

Great news re Jordan. One of the real positives of last year.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:47 pm

Boyd was one of the issues when it came to the regular late season capitulation under Godden. Seems a win/win he gets to finish his league career at another club.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:45 pm

The tweet came up in my twitter account so Foote is coming back
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thebby Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:51 pm

Players running Uni Loop tonight. Foote expected also.
As of next week, training mostly at West Lakes.
Thebby
Thebby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:34 pm

Thebby wrote:Players running Uni Loop tonight. Foote expected also.
As of next week, training mostly at West Lakes.

Thanks for this Thebby
Where exactly at west lakes near the old footy park ?
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thebby Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:57 pm

On the old Footy Park, scene of our last premiership!
Pudney first in Uni Loop time trial last night in a very good time. A surprising second was Louis Sharrad. Jimmy Rowe in mid pack.
Thebby
Thebby

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:21 pm

Thebby wrote:On the old Footy Park, scene of our last premiership!
Pudney first in Uni Loop time trial last night in a very good time.  A surprising second was Louis Sharrad.  Jimmy Rowe in mid pack.

Not surprised Luey S. was one of the leaders in the time trial, last season he was right up with the best in the time trials and longer runs. I mentioned this in one of my posts last season about how well he ran.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:17 pm

Ok for the fans who have seen training with last years coach and Sheedy .
Can you see the differences coming through yet ?
Are the players looking fitter and interested.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:50 am

Went out to F/Park last night, definitely no fatties.
Coaching staff said new coach wants a fitness level to match Crows and power.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:28 am

wimpy wrote:Went out to F/Park last night, definitely no fatties.

Sounds bloody great well done Sheedy

Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:28 am

Will do Jimmy Rowe a lot of good. I wonder what Wundke would have been like under this system. Very Happy

If your talking the Crows under Burton/Hass, hamstring injuries to come. Smile Evil or Very Mad

Seriously we have looked under done for years. In the early 2000's our speed on the wings and flanks was a plus.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:46 am

goddy11 wrote:

Will do Jimmy Rowe a lot of good. I wonder what Wundke would have been like under this system. Very Happy

If your talking the Crows under Burton/Hass, hamstring injuries to come.  Smile  Evil or Very Mad

Seriously we have looked under done for years. In the early 2000's our speed on the wings and flanks was a plus.

I totally agree we went from a side with pace to a side that needed to be on a bike .
We became a joke not just for finals but our pace and our lack of kicking a bag of goals a game .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thebby Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:07 pm

Good to see that Sheedy spoke to Billy Stretch as soon as he came back from Melbourne. Stretch was very impressed but the pull of his old club, proximity to home and mates just gave the Bays the edge.
Thebby
Thebby

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:14 pm

Thebby wrote:Good to see that Sheedy spoke to Billy Stretch as soon as he came back from Melbourne.  Stretch was very impressed but the pull of his old club, proximity to home and mates just gave the Bays the edge.

Good to see we haven't rushed in to get a player just to say we have recruited someone. It appears we are looking for definite specifics in players we recruit. Billy Stretch would have been a good pick up. Disappointing he didn't come to us originally especially as a zoned player or father son.

Must have a bit of salary cap space as we were prepared to pick up Broadbent and the the parting with Boyd.
Maybe the coach will have a good look at what he has this season and then make a play to cover any deficiencies.
Still have my hopes up that a couple of juniors might stand up. A few unfamiliar faces at training, the usual hopefuls that like to give it a whirl, you just never know.

Still impressed with training, especially the emphasis on skills and entry in to the forward 50.

wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:28 pm

wimpy wrote:
Thebby wrote:Good to see that Sheedy spoke to Billy Stretch as soon as he came back from Melbourne.  Stretch was very impressed but the pull of his old club, proximity to home and mates just gave the Bays the edge.

Good to see we haven't rushed in to get a player just to say we have recruited someone. It appears we are looking for definite specifics in players we recruit. Billy Stretch would have been a good pick up. Disappointing he didn't come to us originally especially as a zoned player or father son.

Must have a bit of salary cap space as we were prepared to pick up Broadbent and the the parting with Boyd.
Maybe the coach will have a good look at what he has this season and then make a play to cover any deficiencies.
Still have my hopes up that a couple of juniors might stand up. A few unfamiliar faces at training, the usual hopefuls that like to give it a whirl, you just never know.

Still impressed with training, especially the emphasis on skills and entry in to the forward 50.

Sounds like this will be a better start to next season unlike last season
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:20 pm

Quiet at Oval avenue. Any new young lads at training?
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next