MichaelScott
Mara32
Peter69
Hareeba
eaglehaslanded
11 posters

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

2017 What do we need to take the next step - Page 3 Empty Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by Premiers Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:55 pm

Wundke at full forward and Jack Hayes CHF will match most other teams. Unless Schulz came cheaply, would not expect the Eagles to chase him, given his injury history.

And like Fitzgerald of a few years ago, Jack Hayes isn't going to hang around for ever - selectors must give him a decent crack at cementing CHF. Not fast, but has football smarts, puts his body on the line and was, at 193cm, rucking against much taller opponents in the Seconds this year and keeping them honest. (We certainly needed someone to keep Jack Stephens honest in the GF!!!!!!!)
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

2017 What do we need to take the next step - Page 3 Empty Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by Mickyj Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:27 am

i see SA footy is having a field day with the Eagles and me
Its a pity they have slipped from being the best SA footy page to one big joke
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:49 pm

Mickyj wrote:i see SA footy is having a field day with the Eagles and me
Its a pity they have slipped from being the best SA footy page to one big joke
Yes There certainly are a lot of deros on that site now with obvious personality problems
Don't say much of intelligence about football other than sledging
Don't bother with it any more!!!
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:31 pm

The problem is it is off season and not much to talk about until after AFL draft. Forums like that are always trolled.
We will shut them up next year with a premiership next year.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:13 pm

Ainger has retired. Scott Matthews is moving on as well.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter69 Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:17 pm

Look it's regretful that people have left. But honestly it does force the match committee to make some changes and finally get a plan B and even a C would be useful.

Ok this is how I see next year. Our round one side will have at least 8 changes from the GF side and like earlier years of Eagles sides we sucked early until we gelled then came home strong. It'll be a different side yes and it's going to take time to gel but when we do gel good luck whoever we play;)

Is it just me or was I the only one looking forward to a list update on Monday from the club? Maybe they jumped the gun and should of said the list update will happen after the AFL draft to see what happens with Schulz, Stewart and Karpany?

Jack Hayes should of played league games in 2016 no about it, it's a simple no brainer. Like Kevin Sheedy always said the way to stay on top is to keep changing your team. Unfortunately the changes we now have to make are forced upon us not made by our choice.

Oh well that's my beef but there is some real talent in that two's side. Why the hell not use it?

Last edited by Peter69 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
Peter69
Peter69

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara32 Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:27 am

I think the email sent last Friday was the one initially meant for Monday, which now adds Ainger to the list of departures.

But I'm with you Peter, I'm looking forward to a freshen up. Jarrad and Raymond we knew was coming, and we'll get over and other options for Redden and Ainger. O'Brien and VB are the 2 that sting a little bit and would love to still have around... but that's football and I'm sure we'll recruit well to replace them.

The shame is not having at least 1 flag out of the last 2 years, but we move on now and I'm looking forward to the challenge of 2017.
Mara32
Mara32

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:10 am

I do think the PR coming out of the club the last few weeks has been slow and awkward. Considering all our disappointments of the last month and retirements, I can not blame the club from getting all it's ducks in a row before releasing details. We as supporter would like some positive new. I notice on the Westies site that they are actually quoting player that will there next year. Maybe some announcements in the next few weeks. Hopefully there will be an announcement soon. The AFL draft consumes all at this time of year.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Hareeba Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:06 pm

I am sure the club prefers to release information in bundles but with a few rumours getting out they are obliged to give out information so it appears professional and in the best interests of the players involved.
Westies really have had an additional 6 weeks to do their list, our 4 weeks of finals plus our coach was interstate for the following 2 weeks doing his cert 4 in coaching at the AFL.
We will all like to hear about the lists asap, I reckon during next week we should get a more comprehensive update. Hopefully no more major outs.
Hareeba
Hareeba

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:01 pm

Ex South Adelaide Keegan Brooksby delisted from Gold Coast. Eagles should throw a big offer to him.
Brooksby was No1 State ruckman 3 years ago before being drafted. Excellent tap work but also a power in field play (a taller version of Craig Parry).
Wish List: Paul Stewart, Keegan Brooksby and, if any cash left, a midfielder.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:00 am

Premiers wrote:Ex South Adelaide Keegan Brooksby delisted from Gold Coast. Eagles should throw a big offer to him.
Brooksby was No1 State ruckman 3 years ago before being drafted. Excellent tap work but also a power in field play (a taller version of Craig Parry).
Wish List:  Paul Stewart, Keegan Brooksby and, if any cash left, a midfielder.

Brooksby I asked on talking footy if any other SANFL club would or has approached him an overwhelming no he was at the south finals games and at the clubs awards dinner .

We would need to give him an offer he couldnt say no to
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:08 am

Hareeba wrote:I am sure the club prefers to release information in bundles but with a few rumours getting out they are obliged to give out information so it appears professional and in the best interests of the players involved.
Westies really have had an additional 6 weeks to do their list, our 4 weeks of finals plus our coach was interstate for the following 2 weeks doing his cert 4 in coaching at the AFL.
We will all like to hear about the lists asap, I reckon during next week we should get a more comprehensive update. Hopefully no more major outs.

Gotta to say Sa Footy and Talking footy has more Eagles info than we do .
Either we have a leak at the Eagles that we dont know about or someone in the club is not happy and releasing rumours .
I know a centrals fan in the media is on our email list he is putting info out there faster than the eagle emails are getting to us.
Im not saying he is bad or wrong
But our club needs to lift its off field game as much as the on field game
2015 we had injuries at the wrong end of the year
2016 we did not have the injuries we were up and running early made it back to the GF did we lose the hunger
i dunno we need to improve greatly did we hold onto to many players after 2015 theyve now left i hope we have plans in place 2017 will be rebuilding year again
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:22 am

ive posted this up on talking footy
I will take notice of who is releasing eagles info before members are told
Ill pay attention to it if its a media person who is not an eagles fan ill tell the club
if some one is leaking rumours that turn out correct ill tell the club
I am getting sick and tired of stuff being out there and we arent told
Obrien was leaked weeks before we were told on talking footy
Ainger was told at the time we got the email
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:16 am

Mickyj wrote:ive posted this up on talking footy
I will take notice of who is releasing eagles info before members are told
Ill pay attention to it if its a media person who is not an eagles fan ill tell the club
if some one is leaking rumours that turn out correct ill tell the club
I am getting sick and tired of stuff being out there and we arent told
Obrien was leaked weeks before we were told on talking footy
Ainger was told at the time we got the email
Unfortunately you cannot believe what you are told these days
I can remember our then coach Paul Hamilton back at a members meeting in October 2000 adamantly telling the members he would definitely be the coach next year. 3 weeks later he was off the North Melbourne. Haven't liked him since (funny that he was involved in the drugs Essendon debacle)
This year Nick O'Brien told a cheering audience at the Champions dinner that he would be going around with the Eagles again in 2017. 2 weeks later he is off
Ainger was in 2 minds apparently If the Eagles had won the title he was retiring but they tried to convince him to go again but he had had enough
So many seem to leave our club or don't want to return when they have been elsewhere.
Individuals leave for better money and we are not a rich club so cannot match the offers
I dont think that the club has the resources to constantly put out info these days but they don't do a bad job for those who are on the internet
There is not much point until after the draft anyway to see who is available

Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:18 pm

Has anyone heard whether Mcgregor is playing on or going to the country next year. If the rumours about us replacing our players with b graders from other clubs is true that's it for me i won't be renewing next year.
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Hareeba Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:08 pm

Dont be too hard about off field stuff - the club does not have massive resources and its a bit early for too many announcements about new players...I dont think you will see too many B graders from other clubs trying out...no point.
The Nobby situation was disappointing, he did change his mind 3 times and was offered extra payments, jobs etc but he just wanted to go home...the club tried everything to convince him to stay.
Ainger was never going to play for us in 2017, he got the tap on the shoulder as everyone, including him, knew his best footy was behind him. I know at club champ night he said he was 50/50 so that said it all and he had not met with the coach at that point.
Will be very keen to hear about some of the emerging lads as can see Press, Sinor, Haylock, J Hayes and maybe Comit pencilled in next year.
Hareeba
Hareeba

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:09 am

Hey Mickyj
While on the subject of websites, what is it about this site that whenever I try to enter it via phone, my McAfree warns me:

"Warning Suspicious Site - found files that contain viruses, spyware and other potentially unwanted programs"

Via the computer, OK. Does this site need some cleaning up or is it my X@#! phone.
Does anyone else have the same problem.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:25 am

Two years in a row, we've had poor GF performances from centre-half forward. Sure, there may have been poor entry into our forward line, double teaming etc but on the many occasions when there was one -on -one, we were expecting a stronger output.
It's a positive and refreshing now that new personel will be given a chance at centre-half forward. "Cause the old formulae ain't working".
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:21 am

Premiers wrote:Hey Mickyj
While on the subject of websites, what is it about this site that whenever I try to enter it via phone, my McAfree warns me:

"Warning Suspicious Site - found files that contain viruses, spyware and other potentially unwanted programs"

Via the computer, OK.  Does this site need some cleaning up or is it my X@#! phone.
Does anyone else have the same problem.

good question most of the 2016 season i couldnt get on this sight on my phone
Then i couldnt post that stopped now i cant post again on my phone
i see what i can do
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:29 am

Hareeba wrote:Dont be too hard about off field stuff - the club does not have massive resources and its a bit early for too many announcements about new players...I dont think you will see too many B graders from other clubs trying out...no point.
The Nobby situation was disappointing, he did change his mind 3 times and was offered extra payments, jobs etc but he just wanted to go home...the club tried everything to convince him to stay.
Ainger was never going to play for us in 2017, he got the tap on the shoulder as everyone, including him, knew his best footy was behind him. I know at club champ night he said he was 50/50 so that said it all and he had not met with the coach at that point.
Will be very keen to hear about some of the emerging lads as can see Press, Sinor, Haylock, J Hayes and maybe Comit pencilled in next year.

My concerns were with people putting stuff up online before the club told us
Obrien was up on talking footy two weeks before the club told us
Ainger was up on talking footy or SA Footy before we were told
Either the players are telling friends who put it up or oval ave is leaking like a boat

Saying that excluding Obrien
Did we keep some for a year to long just a thought
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:31 am

Premiers wrote:Two years in a row, we've had  poor GF performances from centre-half forward. Sure, there may have been poor entry into our forward line, double teaming etc but on the many occasions when there was one -on -one, we were expecting a stronger output.
It's a positive and refreshing now that new personel will be given a chance at centre-half forward. "Cause the old formulae ain't working".

hence my other post did we go the easy route kept Ainger a year to long
The first final we played we confused them by playing smalls along HF and CHF that didnt get done again after the first quarter
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:10 pm

Does anyone know where Scott Matthews is going next season?
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara32 Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:07 pm

Worth a look for Godsy's thoughts... https://youtu.be/CokhFk8GfY8
Mara32
Mara32

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:34 pm

Good view. I haven't seen the GM before. Godden has a vision for the club which is good.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:53 pm

Sounds like a recipe for disaster for me...going for the cheapo option...failure to get a few quality recruits will see us fall behind...losing 7 starting players and not replacing them...not going to work...the gap between the A's and B's these days is too much
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next