MichaelScott
Mara32
Peter69
Hareeba
eaglehaslanded
11 posters

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

2017 What do we need to take the next step - Page 2 Empty Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by Mickyj Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:07 am

i just put up the latest email heres one section
In terms of recruiting the Woodville West Torrens Football club wishes to advise that we are currently undergoing a full list review at present and will advise of coming changes in due course. We are actively speaking to a number of potential recruits, while also very confident that the development of players coming through the system are very capable of taking the next step.

Of our 2016 Senior playing group, the majority of the squad has committed for next season and are already looking forward to the challenges that lie ahead.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

2017 What do we need to take the next step - Page 2 Empty Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:29 am

Phil Raymond, Jarrad Redden,Jake Von Bertouch,Luke Jarrod and NOB. No mention of Ainger. Its still a big play when 1/4 of the side goes.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara32 Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:46 am

Ainger to stay from what I hear.

1/4 to cover, yes, but that plus more have been starved of opportunities... plus with a little selective recruiting, we hope to challenge again.

I'm not sure we've got a 3rd straight GF in us right now, but I'll reserve judgement until our list is settled, which is generally after the AFL draft.
Mara32
Mara32

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:08 pm

Mara32 wrote:Ainger to stay from what I hear.

1/4 to cover, yes, but that plus more have been starved of opportunities... plus with a little selective recruiting, we hope to challenge again.

I'm not sure we've got a 3rd straight GF in us right now, but I'll reserve judgement until our list is settled, which is generally after the AFL draft.

The two highest paid players staying. Are they still contracted?
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:42 pm

Goddy,
Wundke has produced best player status on the toughest stage (grandfinals) for 2 years in a row. Laughable that you are not convinced of his value - isn't it negative to talk about whether he can be shifted if not playing well when the positive is that he plays well most weeks especially in the biggest games and doesn't need to be shifted.

In contrast, I don't think the Eagles can afford to rely on Andrew Ainger's performances and someone like Jack Hayes with less freakish ability but one who presents more is better value. It's time to move on. Than you for your services, Andrew.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:08 pm

Premiers wrote:Goddy,
Wundke has produced best player status on the toughest stage (grandfinals) for 2 years in a row. Laughable that you are not convinced of his value - isn't it negative to talk about whether he can be shifted if not playing well when the positive is that he plays well most weeks especially in the biggest games and doesn't need to be shifted.

In contrast, I don't think the Eagles can afford to rely on Andrew Ainger's performances and someone like Jack Hayes with less freakish ability but one who presents more is better value. It's time to move on. Than you for your services, Andrew.

not one to look to the past but Ainger and Wundke down south didnt or couldnt play in the same league team
just saying
Hayes could be the future
Bately if hes still there should take over Jarrads role
And Ellis hopefully he will step up
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:03 am

If thats Giles Ellis you are refering to Mick, he was listed on Zac Milbanks list of out as returning to Kadina.
Hopefully Jake Summerton hangs around, may be able to cover JVB's role.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:32 pm

Columbo wrote:If thats Giles Ellis you are refering to Mick, he was listed on Zac Milbanks list of out as returning to Kadina.

I liked Brett Elis in the 2's GF. No23 I think. He's a nuggetty in and under player. I have not payed any attention to him before but a chance. Young Yarran fell off the perch a bit after looking good. Needs some body weight to add to his pace. Giles Ellis has similar size to JVB. I don't watch the B's enough. The age demographics of the B's is about 18-21 so there are players coming through as well as the 18's.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:35 pm

Columbo wrote:If thats Giles Ellis you are refering to Mick, he was listed on Zac Milbanks list of out as returning to Kadina.

Thanks Columbo i seem to miss alot
How about the two young guys that play in 43 along with Yarrin they are at the Port Academy
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara32 Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:55 pm

Paul Stewart has been delisted.
Mara32
Mara32

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:30 am

Mara32 wrote:Paul Stewart has been delisted.
We surely have to be into him. Perfect cover all around the ground. He always plays well against us and is a good ball winner.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara32 Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:54 am

I guess depends on other AFL opportunities... but I'd be throwing out the baby, the bathwater, and the whole damn bathroom to get him back in an Eagles Guernsey!!!
Mara32
Mara32

Back to top Go down

Post by Hareeba Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:45 pm

Agree 100% Mara, he will be a perfect fit and is a true Eagles boy at heart. The major stumbling block is that Port recognise he does a fantastic job with the juniors and indigenous lads coming through the AFL and he may be offered a position at Port. It would then make it very difficult for him to play and Port would want to put the kybwash on that I bet.
We could float him across half back, run him on the ball or more importantly run him forward where we need to be more dangerous.
Hareeba
Hareeba

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:05 pm

Hareeba wrote:Agree 100% Mara, he will be a perfect fit and is a true Eagles boy at heart. The major stumbling block is that Port recognise he does a fantastic job with the juniors and indigenous lads coming through the AFL and he may be offered a position at Port. It would then make it very difficult for him to play and Port would want to put the kybwash on that I bet.
We could float him across half back, run him on the ball or more importantly run him forward where we need to be more dangerous.

Hopefully he comes home
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:28 pm

Agree with Hareeba's thoughts on the clip on Paul Stewart's career(on other site) where Ken Hinkley applauds Paul's excellent understanding, unselfishness and mentoring of juniors. Paul also says that he wants to work his way into a player development managerial position. All this sounds for it being very likely that Port Power will offer him a position, and either dissuade him from playing or alternately play for Port as a SANFL player while continuing his mentoring. Would be a huge acquisition if we got him but at this stage, hoping rather than expecting.
By the way, it's easy to forget how good Stewart was in his early days - encourage Eagle supporters to have a look at the clip. Shows him dashing through HF kicking some inspirational goals. Would play him as a midfielder/half forward. Would partly cover the loss of O'Brien. Hope a decision is made quickly by Port and Stewart so the Eagles aren't left hanging on and then missing out on others.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:29 pm

Agree with Hareeba's thoughts on the clip on Paul Stewart's career(on other site) where Ken Hinkley applauds Paul's excellent understanding, unselfishness and mentoring of juniors. Paul also says that he wants to work his way into a player development managerial position. All this sounds for it being very likely that Port Power will offer him a position, and either dissuade him from playing or alternately play for Port as a SANFL player while continuing his mentoring. Would be a huge acquisition if we got him but at this stage, hoping rather than expecting.
By the way, it's easy to forget how good Stewart was in his early days - encourage Eagle supporters to have a look at the clip. Shows him dashing through HF kicking some inspirational goals. Would play him as a midfielder/half forward. Would partly cover the loss of O'Brien. Hope a decision is made quickly by Port and Stewart so the Eagles aren't left hanging on and then missing out on others.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Hareeba Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:40 pm

Port wont do us any favours, also the pay packet differences will be worlds apart if they are offered.
Hareeba
Hareeba

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:23 pm

Listening to him on 5aa , he says he would like to play, thinks he has a couple of years left and body in good shape. Perhaps offer him a coaching role in some capacity.

https://soundcloud.com/fiveaa
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:50 pm

Was that keen to continue at highest level or keen to play SANFL?
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara32 Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:26 pm

Eagles got a mention... that's a start.

Maybe he could twist Schulzy's arm too.
Mara32
Mara32

Back to top Go down

Post by Hareeba Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:42 pm

We will also need to fill CHF with an imminent announcement, spot for Jack Hayes, Whittlesea, Bomber maybe if we get another ruckman or even Paul Stewart.
Hareeba
Hareeba

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:13 pm

I suppose Schulz may be available if not picked in draft. I expect us to lose 2-3 juniors in the draft, Pity we never see any before they play a-grade.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Hareeba Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:03 pm

I will be very surprised if we go after Schulz given his injuries in the last 2 years, if Wunks stays on board then we don't need him.
Hareeba
Hareeba

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:27 pm

im seeing rumors on talking footy and its been said on SA Footy Ainger has left
anyone heard anything
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:30 pm

and the pup has had shoulder surgery just saw that
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next