BirdOfPrey
MichaelScott
Mickyj
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

rumoured ins for 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: rumoured ins for 2013

Post by MichaelScott Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:29 pm

We really struggled up forward this year with no one able to take a contested mark - Ainger will be a real bonus and Jaxson Barham has pace to break lines which we struggled to do when opposition floods. Hopefully we can get another one or two midfielders I know we are interested in Ben Nason he would be a good get.
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:39 pm

Great to get Ainger just so long as we've got enough money left over for two very good onballers (not wingman). At present our onballers/centreman are Powell, Rowntree, Lewis then we fall away to Almond, Goldsworthy as part timers..... we're very thin on personel there. If Byron Sumner doesn't get drafted, he might step up to the onballer role in 2013.
Reckon Kirk at CHB and Ainger at CHF will give us that height in the 2 key positions that we've lacked for a few years (despite a Premiership!). Fitzgerald, a very good young player, who reads the game well and takes a good mark for his ?188cm height isn't tall enough to take the powerful pack mark so Ainger at 195cm would be a big asset!!! (albeit his expense). Re expense, at least the club doesn't have the cost of relocation for him and finding him a job like interstate recruits.
Does anyone know whether we've lost interest in getting big ruckman McGinty from the Bays. Agree, to get best benefitfrom getting Kirk, need to play him CHB CHF, not ruckman. Is a good ruckman going to come to the Eagles when he might be spending at least half the season in the Seconds because we have to play Redden when the Power drop him - and then, have Power refuse him permission to play in our Finals. Then again, maybe we sign up Crows Jesse White or Angus in the Mini-draft!!
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdOfPrey Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:06 pm

Premiers wrote:Great to get Ainger just so long as we've got enough money left over for two very good onballers (not wingman). At present our onballers/centreman are Powell, Rowntree, Lewis then we fall away to Almond, Goldsworthy as part timers..... we're very thin on personel there. If Byron Sumner doesn't get drafted, he might step up to the onballer role in 2013.
Reckon Kirk at CHB and Ainger at CHF will give us that height in the 2 key positions that we've lacked for a few years (despite a Premiership!). Fitzgerald, a very good young player, who reads the game well and takes a good mark for his ?188cm height isn't tall enough to take the powerful pack mark so Ainger at 195cm would be a big asset!!! (albeit his expense). Re expense, at least the club doesn't have the cost of relocation for him and finding him a job like interstate recruits.
Does anyone know whether we've lost interest in getting big ruckman McGinty from the Bays. Agree, to get best benefitfrom getting Kirk, need to play him CHB CHF, not ruckman. Is a good ruckman going to come to the Eagles when he might be spending at least half the season in the Seconds because we have to play Redden when the Power drop him - and then, have Power refuse him permission to play in our Finals. Then again, maybe we sign up Crows Jesse White or Angus in the Mini-draft!!

I reckon we could entice a young ruckman, who's not getting a crack at another club. We could sell to them they would be Parrys understudy and then when he goes they could be our no1 ruck for years to come(provided they improve and are up to standard). Where we looking at Westies reserve ruck at one stage???
As far as Redden goes, I like the guy and think he can play. But when Port drop him we only play him in the twos. Let's face it all the Afl players will be gone in a year or two......sooner the better.
BirdOfPrey
BirdOfPrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:22 pm

There were whispers the last couple of years we have been looking at a sturt player .He got cut during the year wonder if we have been talking to him as well
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cica Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:19 pm

This is my first post & there was a rumour that we had been talking to Willits & McReadie from West.
From what I hear from a few guys I know from there they are not going anywhere

Ainger & Carey are definitely on the way to us. We offered more coin then both North & South were prepared to do

If we sign 2 Mids as well we have done very well
Cica
Cica

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:31 pm

Cica wrote:This is my first post & there was a rumour that we had been talking to Willits & McReadie from West.
From what I hear from a few guys I know from there they are not going anywhere

Ainger & Carey are definitely on the way to us. We offered more coin then both North & South were prepared to do

If we sign 2 Mids as well we have done very well

ive heard of one west ruckman
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:45 pm

MichaelScott wrote:We really struggled up forward this year with no one able to take a contested mark - Ainger will be a real bonus and Jaxson Barham has pace to break lines which we struggled to do when opposition floods. Hopefully we can get another one or two midfielders I know we are interested in Ben Nason he would be a good get.

Was just reading on the Amateur league thread on SAFooty that Ben Nason has been rumoured to be going to Salisbury North, would have thought he would have been looking at a regular game at Centrals with the Gowans boys moving on.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:54 pm

Posts gone quiet on this site so I'll stir a bit of discussion by proposing an early Eagles team for the first match.
Have left out Crows and Power players of whom Salter, Redden or Thompson might be available, and Joyce, Ellis-Yolman certainly will be but whether their form will warrant selection?
Have put an "X" where we have nobody to place there and in a few positions a "?Day" or "?Fitzgerald" as a possibility.

Forw Salter Grocke Allmond
HF ? Carey Ainger Goldsworthy
CC Hall Powell Jarrad
HB Sumner Kirk Raymond
FB Guifreda ?Day ?Fitzgerald or Tim McKenzie

Ist R Parry, Rowntree, Lewis
2nd R X, X, X

Reserves (2nd R changing on the bench X,X,X)

So, although our recruiting has been good so far, we're only half way there with a complete second ruckman and 2 midfielders needed.

Have not considered Chris Kane because he's out suspended for the 1st and ? 2nd games.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by zest Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:37 pm

Forw Staple Grocke Hall
HF Carey Ainger Goldsworthy
CC Allmond Powell Jarrad
HB Sumner Kirk Raymond
FB Guifreda Cully Day

Ist R Parry, Rowntree, Lewis
int Fitzgerald, Fairclough, Poole

I would take Fitzgerald out if we recuirted a second ruckman. This is without any AFL PLayers or further ins so alot could change and no kane suspension and i dont know anything about makenzie so i didnt put him in as he take take a few rounds to come on from switching leagues
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cica Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:43 pm

Borholm Westies Ressies Ruckman/Forward has signed with us
Cica
Cica

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdOfPrey Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:09 am

FF- Lane , Grocke, Hall
HF- Staple, Ainger, Carey
C- Allmond, Lewis, Goldsworthy
HB- Jarred, Kirk, Raymond
B- Guifreda, Cully,Day

1st R- Parry, Powell,Rowntree
Int-2nd ruck/Fitzgerald , Poole,T.Sumner

I've not included any Afl listed players. No B Sumner as I'm assuming he will get drafted. If we do sign 2nd ruck, he would replace Fitzgerald on the bench. Kane would be in if he could play round 1.
Still hope we sign a couple of tough midfielders, as I think our engine room looks a bit thin at the moment.
BirdOfPrey
BirdOfPrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:06 am

Thought Chris Hall looked much better on the wing in the last half of the season rather than previously HF where he struggles with the inclose tough attention. Allmond on the otherhand, was really burning in the 2011 Finals series, even up forward kicking goals and see him as a forward crumber while also playing the occasional onballer role.

Don't know much about Carey - certainly South supporters don't rate him - however, according to Godden, he's an aggresive tough nut, and in the 2011 GF, Rimmington, despite his limited ability, played that role well. Staple starting out deep in the Forward pocket but running out all over the forward lines in a floating role will enjoy Ainger taking more of the attention.
Our team has consistently been a low scoring team, rarely able to kick 15 goals/game for the past few years. ? whether that's been due to poor delivery or personel up forward. Ainger certainly makes us look more potent with his 195cm height, he won't be out marked.
Now to top up with 2 midfielders to deliver the ball to them.

Could be a decisive year for Aaron Day. 2010 was mediocre (in Seconds mostly). Great year 2011 (in the best 3 CHB in the comp) and a mostly poor 2012 (last 2 games better). Seems to lack awareness of players around him and gets caught blindsided "holding -the-ball". Has a slow turning circle. With Kirk more likely to take CHB away from Day, be interesting whether Day can adjust to the urgency and quick movements of playing on the FB line, but he deserves first crack. Of course, we can hope that Nick Salter is available occasionally even though we wish Nick well in his AFL career.

Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:50 am

Cica wrote:Borholm Westies Ressies Ruckman/Forward has signed with us

ive seen this rumour for awhile online hopefully the club comes out and annouces it soon.
I think if we have signed him we will be his third sanfl club .Sturt first then West
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdOfPrey Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:19 pm

Cica wrote:Borholm Westies Ressies Ruckman/Forward has signed with us

Yep it's on the Eags website. Let's hope Godden can do his magic and turn him into a good player for us, eg Lewis and Day.

If we can add some depth to our midfield I will be very happy with our offseason pickups. It's no use having 3 gun fwds if we can't win the ball and get it down there.
BirdOfPrey
BirdOfPrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:11 pm

OK I'm a sucker but tell me some guy (safooty.net) is talking up a rumour that there is a West Adelaide midfielder around 6' 1' wanting to come to the Eagles?. Don't know of any Westies midfielder that size? Can't even think of any WA midfielders besides Ezard, Carusos so maybe, playing silly buggers? Or is it a Seconds midfielder
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Cica Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:40 pm

Is the Westies Midfielder Ben McReadie
Cica
Cica

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:52 pm

Cica wrote:Is the Westies Midfielder Ben McReadie

That's the rumour i heard - not sure if it's true or not
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:28 pm

If we get McCreadie(?spelling), with Tim McKenzie and Ainger, we have our SANFL maximum quota of 3 interstaters. Was the quota 3 or 4? Whereas, McCreadie will be a very handy player (in Westies best 7 players), we still need a quick, ball carrying onballer and the quota and salary cap/transfer fees may now prevent that.

Can someone tell me about Poole , our Seconds Magarey Medallist rover? Wasn't watching him closely this year. Is he quick, a good kick, prolific goal-kicker?. Has he potential to step up. Recall a few years ago, rover Luke Pastyn won our Reserves B & F but didn't have potential and was told to move on next season.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:51 pm

I though the quota was 8 interstate players going back to 2009. Unless there's been another change to the rules. Given this i think we would be well under the quota - i think west would be up to the 8 maximum.
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdOfPrey Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:04 pm

I thought it was 6 imports, could be wrong. I'm sure the club has it under control.
Talking about getting or wanting a few quick players, what about Nathan Batley?
Whats happened to him, was he injured? Only played a handfull of games but was quick and had some skills. Really thought he would kick on and play a lot of footy for us.
BirdOfPrey
BirdOfPrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cica Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:55 pm

Im now hearing its not MacReadie the west Midfielder. Its silly season as we all know.
The only other midfielder would be Birss and he would be a very handy pick up
Cica
Cica

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:07 pm

Cica wrote:Im now hearing its not MacReadie the west Midfielder. Its silly season as we all know.
The only other midfielder would be Birss and he would be a very handy pick up

Former WAFC midfielder and Sturt Coach Luke Norman to be assistant to Godden
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Cica Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:59 pm

When done to Godden on gaining the services of Norman. Both would have been at Westies at the same time.
Cica
Cica

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:01 pm

MichaelScott wrote:Former WAFC midfielder and Sturt Coach Luke Norman to be assistant to Godden

Former Eagles premiership assistant to Fuller as well!
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:18 pm

Aerie wrote:
MichaelScott wrote:Former WAFC midfielder and Sturt Coach Luke Norman to be assistant to Godden

Former Eagles premiership assistant to Fuller as well!

Saw him alot at eagles games in 2012 .He was always on his phone saying im at work now !!!
So perhaps he was an AFL spotter .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next