Headfan
Mickyj
Premiers
20 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Recruits for Season 2024 - Page 23 Empty Re: Recruits for Season 2024

Post by 35Eagles Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:36 pm

Most of the overaged ones in Arthur, Hansen and Blair are playing on thoghb Charlie isn't overaged now
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:48 pm

35Eagles wrote:Max Litser and Jack Wheare are playing on. Max told me he was when asking same as Jack

Thanks for the info we will see when the club announces it
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:06 pm

35Eagles wrote:Most of the overaged ones in Arthur,  Hansen and Blair are playing on thoghb Charlie isn't overaged now
Here’s some more

YOUNG GUNS

Excitement beckons for the Eagles with these 4 youngsters in 2024.

Max Litster already has 30 League games under his belt, showing his talents by holding down a key defensive role.

Adam D’Aloia settled seamlessly into League football in his debut season, and will look make the midfield his own in 2024.

Sam Nicholls, much like a previous Club No. 52, was a forward line terrier in 2023, and will look to take it to another level in 2024.

Just 4 League games into his League career, Jay Watson has shown all the signs that he has what it takes to mix it with the best in the competition.

Eagles fans, get ready to witness the future!

#EaglesWWTFC #TogetherWeFly #FlyWithUs2024
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:37 pm

Mickyj wrote:
35Eagles wrote:Most of the overaged ones in Arthur,  Hansen and Blair are playing on thoghb Charlie isn't overaged now
Here’s some more

YOUNG GUNS

Max Litster already has 30 League games under his belt, showing his talents by holding down a key defensive role.

Adam D’Aloia settled seamlessly into League football in his debut season, and will look make the midfield his own in 2024.

Sam Nicholls, much like a previous Club No. 52, was a forward line terrier in 2023, and will look to take it to another level in 2024.

Just 4 League games into his League career, Jay Watson has shown all the signs that he has what it takes to mix it with the best in the competition.

Just saw the promo photo.
Has Adam regrown his hair in the offseason. Wink

Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:54 pm

Goddsy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:
Here’s some more

YOUNG GUNS

Just saw the promo photo.
Has Adam regrown his hair in the offseason. Wink

Lol
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:00 pm

Adam has Aloplecia. So probably not.  I got told that at CC
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:15 pm

35Eagles wrote:Adam has Aloplecia. So probably not.  I got told that at CC

Yep yep with you now
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:22 pm

Just seen this one

Rounding out a big week of re-signings…

Jake Comitogianni, Daniel Sladojevic, Joshua Mawson, Harrison Dawkins, Ryan Bruce, and Lukas Cooke have all committed to the Eagles for season 2024, helping to lead our Football Club forward.

Thanks for your loyalty boys.

Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Headfan Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:36 pm

So glad to see Sam Nicholls re-signed. Looking forward very much to his further progression. Also pleased about Adam D’Aloia, Max Litster, Josh Mawson, Harry Dawkins.
This club/team is going places in 2024!
Can’t wait for the early TAB odds to appear.
Hope Jay Watson has worked on his distance kicking. His endeavour can’t be questioned.
Headfan
Headfan

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:40 pm

Slads will be back at training In January.  He went to America to do a law scholarship that he was offered. He left the day after the minor rounds. I asked him if he's coming back next year he said absolutely.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:43 pm

Mickyj wrote:
35Eagles wrote:Adam has Aloplecia. So probably not.  I got told that at CC

Yep yep with you now

Recruits for Season 2024 - Page 23 Messag13
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:23 pm

Headfan wrote:So glad to see Sam Nicholls re-signed. Looking forward very much to his further progression.  Also pleased about Adam D’Aloia, Max Litster, Josh Mawson, Harry Dawkins.  
This club/team is going places in 2024!
Can’t wait for the early TAB odds to appear.
Hope Jay Watson has worked on his distance kicking. His endeavour can’t be questioned.

I’m with you Headfan I liked Sam Nicholls games
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:28 am

So does this confirm that Rory Lehmann has gone? Does anyone know?
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:33 am

I think he's stil there as he said he loves the club and will be playing next year for Eagles. I doubt they've named all league players that have a contract next year for example is Zac Phillips playing on he hasn't been named on YP page yet.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:12 pm

I believe most contracts were only to the end of October 2023, this was done so all new contracts could incorporate the increase in the salary cap which has just recently been announced. Maybe it is just a matter of convenience getting the players in to sign the new contracts, some have done it, some still do it.

Last edited by wimpy on Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:28 pm

wimpy wrote:I believe most contracts were only to the end of October 2023, this was done so all new contracts could incorporate the increase in the salary cap which has just recently been announced. Maybe is just a matter of convenience getting the players in to sign the new contracts, some have done it, some still do it.  
And some are training to get a contract so that may be the case with him
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:32 pm

I thought I might put up a possible team and try to include the new recruits:

FF:  Cooke..........BOYD..........Beattie

HF:  Pearce........Ballenden.......Rowe

C:   Williams.......D'Aloia...........Herbert

HB:  MORRIS......Thompson.....Beecken

FB:  Rowland.......Lehmann......MOORE

Ruck: Brinker-Ritchie....Sinor....Knight

Inter: Litster...MCKAY....Mawson....Goldy

Emerg: Menzel, Buck, BARKLA, Dawkins, Lukac, Firns, Bruce, Comma.

I've gone fairly tall on field. Gone small on the bench. Second ruck duties shared between Cooke, Ballenden and Boyd. A little unsure about our wings. Herbert should improve, shows a lot of potential. Williams I'm a little unsure where to place, but I feel we need his pace and kicking skills.    
There are a few that are unlucky to miss out, but we need to develop a team for the future.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:51 pm

wimpy wrote:I thought I might put up a possible team and try to include the new recruits:

I've gone fairly tall on field. Gone small on the bench. Second ruck duties shared between Cooke, Ballenden and Boyd. A little unsure about our wings. Herbert should improve, shows a lot of potential. Williams I'm a little unsure where to place, but I feel we need his pace and kicking skills.    
There are a few that are unlucky to miss out, but we need to develop a team for the future.

Let's hope we don't get any injuries. We are looking extremely thin on depth there. I can't think of anyone you have missed who might be in contention.

I'd swap Beattie with Williams on the wing. Beattie has class, has speed, good disposals and think he'd thrive there if left to make the position his own. I disagree that Williams has good kicking skills and has previously shown that he doesn't have the footy brain to be a midfielder. However he thrived last year when played down back and that's where I'd put him in the back pocket. Our last line is too tall with no one to take the small forward so slot him there. Rowland to a HBF, Morris to a bench until we can see what his ability is.

I feel like a fit Menzel needs to be permanently stationed up forward. He will kick at least 30 goals for us in the season if he can play it out.

Buck played quite well in the forward pocket late last season and could be worth persisting with up there. His big drawback is that he can only kick 35-40m so limits him to within the 30m forward ark.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:14 pm

Titan2 wrote:
wimpy wrote:I thought I might put up a possible team and try to include the new recruits:

Let's hope we don't get any injuries. We are looking extremely thin on depth there. I can't think of anyone you have missed who might be in contention.

I'd swap Beattie with Williams on the wing. Beattie has class, has speed, good disposals and think he'd thrive there if left to make the position his own. I disagree that Williams has good kicking skills and has previously shown that he doesn't have the footy brain to be a midfielder. However he thrived last year when played down back and that's where I'd put him in the back pocket. Our last line is too tall with no one to take the small forward so slot him there. Rowland to a HBF, Morris to a bench until we can see what his ability is.

I feel like a fit Menzel needs to be permanently stationed up forward. He will kick at least 30 goals for us in the season if he can play it out.

Buck played quite well in the forward pocket late last season and could be worth persisting with up there. His big drawback is that he can only kick 35-40m so limits him to within the 30m forward ark.

A lot of my team placements depend on the opposition, I think Litster and Mawson can come in and play on the smalls. I'm quite happy to see Beattie on a wing but I had him in a forward pocket and also to change on the ball, he is excellent at creating a goal and we need goal kicking power as we only had one player kick over 20 goals last season. The club is very adamant that Morris will play in the back lines. I would like to see him play forward pocket, he is an excellent lead, a strong mark and very straight kick. I just don't know about Menzel he doesn't get enough touches and his chasing and defending when the opposition has the ball is poor. Maybe Menzel up forward and Williams to the bench. I thought Williams kicking and decision making improved considerably last season when he went to defence, I would like to get him back there again but can't find a spot back there.
As much as we love Buck he has no penetration his skills are poor, no left foot and not a goal kicker but his attitude is fantastic and contagious.

"Titan2" let's have a look at your possible team.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:13 pm

Good discussion starter Wimpy. Who is the Moore on the backlines. Is that Nick Moore. Has he returned. Sorry if I am mixing him up with anyone else.
You don't think Pat Weckert will play or make the side.

Edit . Sorry it's the Glenelg Moore.  I was thinking of Nick as he won the Magpies B/f and was leaving the club.

Last edited by Goddsy11 on Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:18 pm

Goddsy11 wrote:

Good discussion starter Wimpy. Who is the Moore on the backlines. Is that Nick Moore. Has he returned. Sorry if I am mixing him up with anyone else.
You don't think Pat Weckert will play or make the side.

I would say he’s putting Josh morris there Goddsy our recruit coming home from hawthorn
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:19 pm

Weckert has a slight chance of being drafted so I didn't include him.
I don't think he will get drafted.
The Eagles went after Jordan Moore he was unhappy at the Bay.
I believe we are still looking at recruits but a few other SANFL clubs are after them also.
The Crows have already compensated us for Welsh.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:28 pm

wimpy wrote:Weckert has a slight chance of being drafted so I didn't include him.
I believe we are still looking at recruits but a few other SANFL clubs are after them also.

Any chance you know what the compo was?
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:17 pm

Goddsy11 wrote:
wimpy wrote:Weckert has a slight chance of being drafted so I didn't include him.

Any chance you know what the compo was?

If he was playing for the Eagles this upcoming season and was drafted at the end of next season presumably the compensation for his drafting goes into the 'pool' that is shared equally amongst all SANFL clubs thereby diluting the return.

Now that he is playing for the Crows reserves I presume the Crows wouldn't be paying compensation to any SANFL club upon drafting him at the end of next season.

So in hindsight maybe the Eagles are maximising the return $$ value they get on Welsh by having him play for the Crows this season as they wouldn't have to share that with the other SANFL clubs.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:36 am

Also no McFarlane on the list for next season. So must be a few still to be named that have resigned
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next