whybother
wimpy
Goddsy11
Mickyj
Titan2
15 posters

Page 5 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Go down

Eagles recruiting for season 2023 - Page 5 Empty Re: Eagles recruiting for season 2023

Post by The Barton Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:10 pm

I'd suggest there is a very good reason why the club is playing their recruiting cards close to their chest. Probably strategic. The Port rejects tend to follow the guy with the Jockey's voice (Surjan) to Norf. In Sheedy we trust.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Eagles recruiting for season 2023 - Page 5 Empty Re: Eagles recruiting for season 2023

Post by Mickyj Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:03 pm

I’m hearing our coaching staff went to Melbourne to interview players . These may have come to check the club out . I’m also hearing everything is on hold until after the draft
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:11 pm

There is a chance some of the delisted players might get picked up in the draft. I suspect Eagles won't announce anything until after that has come and gone unless the player has indicated that they haven't nominated.

Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:24 pm

Mickyj wrote:
wimpy wrote:Rucci on SEN radio a little while ago said that he and Dillion had breakfast with six Hyundai dealers this morning, one being Daniel Thomas one of our major sponsors and Thomas told him to look out for the Eagles next season as they had signed a group of delisted players.....what ever that means. Some times the telling of the story can get a little distorted but I have no doubt our football department are working their bums off for next season and the future.

I wonder if they are EX port players seeing our major sponsors around the corner from Alberton but just me thinking

I don't think there would be any connection, DT hates port, is Eagles through and through.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:32 pm

wimpy wrote:
Mickyj wrote:
wimpy wrote:Rucci on SEN radio a little while ago said that he and Dillion had breakfast with six Hyundai dealers this morning, one being Daniel Thomas one of our major sponsors and Thomas told him to look out for the Eagles next season as they had signed a group of delisted players.....what ever that means. Some times the telling of the story can get a little distorted but I have no doubt our football department are working their bums off for next season and the future.

I wonder if they are EX port players seeing our major sponsors around the corner from Alberton but just me thinking

I don't think there would be any connection, DT hates port, is Eagles through and through.

Great sponsor of our club
That was me thinking outside the box and before I was told what i posted above
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:43 pm

Duval leaving to play Div 3 ammo’s at Unley.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:20 pm

Aerie wrote:Duval leaving to play Div 3 ammo’s at Unley.

I would think that his work, crook knees, AFL hopes gone and being relegated to the reserves for the last three games has prompted this decision.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:56 am

wimpy wrote:
Aerie wrote:Duval leaving to play Div 3 ammo’s at Unley.

I would think that his work, crook knees, AFL hopes gone and being relegated to the reserves for the last three games has prompted this decision.

It is certainly a large commitment to play SANFL. I thought he might’ve been useful, or at least worth a try, up forward. A role/player/attributes a bit like David Westbrook. Wasn’t to be!
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:58 am

Redden also to play back home at Southern Eagles. Good to see.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:24 am

Aerie wrote:Redden also to play back home at Southern Eagles. Good to see.

Playing with James Reuter an opening bowler from the Western Eagles.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:18 pm

It seems as though there a lot more leaving than arriving at WWT
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:22 pm

I saw Jesse Lonergan going mentioned on another site. Mixed feelings there.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:00 pm

goddy11 wrote:I saw Jesse Lonergan going mentioned on another site. Mixed feelings there.

He's currently holidaying in the UK with his Wife but from conversations I've heard he is as keen as mustard to play on with the Eagles next year.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:16 pm

The Barton wrote:
goddy11 wrote:I saw Jesse Lonergan going mentioned on another site. Mixed feelings there.

He's currently holidaying in the UK with his Wife but from conversations I've heard he is as keen as mustard to play on with the Eagles next year.

I'd make him captain of the reserves and an assistant coach. Unless he lifts his fitness level significantly I think he is just about done at league level.

Would hope the club has signed Poulter and Rowey giving them the usual escape clause for higher honours.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:17 pm

wimpy wrote:
The Barton wrote:

I'd make him captain of the reserves and an assistant coach. Unless he lifts his fitness level significantly I think he is just about done at league level.

Would hope the club has signed Poulter and Rowey giving them the usual escape clause for higher honours.

A agree wholeheartedly Wimpy. Its simply not good enough to present in the shape he does as a midfielder. Not only does him being overweight make him a poorer player but it also makes him more injury prone. We are doing very well if he is fit for half the season.

I do feel like this upcoming season is a time of regeneration and Sheedy will not be so lenient on experienced players if they aren't willing to get hungry for success and present in great shape from Round 1. This is where a bunch of young, enthusiastic players can actually be of benefit.

Does anyone think that the Eagles might have a crack at Schofield?
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:23 pm

Will the boundary changes have any impact on us this year?
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:38 am

goddy11 wrote:Will the boundary changes have any impact on us this year?

I believe the "Boundaries Commission" did a review this year, apparently they do one every five years.
Online registrations, better collection of data and recent census information has given the commission a more accurate way of equalising zones. I think they look at the number of youngsters between 14-18 years of age.
Can't find very much on it, and I don't know how the Eagles are affected.
A statement put out by South Adelaide very recently says they have now been given the areas of Hallett Cove and Sheidow Park at Glenelg's expense. Also it now seems the Cove F.C. is now included in their zone.
It would be nice to know if/or how our zone has been changed.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:47 am

wimpy wrote:

I believe the "Boundaries Commission" did a review this year, apparently they do one every five years.
Online registrations, better collection of data and recent census information has given the commission a more accurate way of equalising zones. I think they look at the number of youngsters between 14-18 years of age.
A statement put out by South Adelaide very recently says they have now been given the areas of Hallett Cove and Sheidow Park at Glenelg's expense. Also it now seems the Cove F.C. is now included in their zone.

The SANFL website is a minefield imho. I found this although. I need to find the old one to compere.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1TKXZuxH-cgI5c4ZAsS5txUT1QGV6wGgp&ll=-32.96487191823848%2C137.49132998740598&z=8
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:10 am

goddy11 wrote:
wimpy wrote:

The SANFL website is a minefield imho. I found this although. I need to find the old one to compere.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1TKXZuxH-cgI5c4ZAsS5txUT1QGV6wGgp&ll=-32.96487191823848%2C137.49132998740598&z=8

"goddy11", I have seen that one before, it was published in 2019 but I think relates back to 2017. That publication awakened me to the fact I now live in West Adelaide's football zone, having previously always lived in the West Torrens or Eagles zones. This map of zones alerted me to the fact that our suburban zone morphs in to our country zone now. A thin area that goes a long the eastern side of Yorke Peninsular to upper Yorke Peninsular, that contains salt lakes, inhospitable land and some farm land, not a great recruiting area, but thirty years down the track the Buckland Park development might be useful to us, if we still have it????
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:13 am

My bad. Thought it was the latest.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:17 am

goddy11 wrote:My bad. Thought it was the latest.

I saw it on that forum to
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:30 pm

WECKERT BALL
TEEN SPORTS STAR YET TO DECIDE WHICH PATH
HE’LL TAKE
ANDREW CAPEL
HE is the teenage sports sensation who could become one of South
Australia’s next big things.
But will it be with the Sherrin or a cricket ball?
Patrick Weckert – a powerfully built 17-year-old with talent to burn – is
not only considered one of the SANFL’s top 2023 AFL draft prospects but
one of cricket’s most exciting young fast bowlers, with comparisons being
made to Australian Test captain Pat Cummins.
“That’s a good question,’’ Weckert said when quizzed on what sport he
will pursue professionally.
“It’s definitely been on my mind but I haven’t made any major decisions
yet.
“In football terms I’m in the last five minutes of the final quarter of year
12 (at Prince Alfed College), so I have to commit to school for the moment,
dedicate my time and effort to my studies.
“When that’s wrapped up, I suppose I’ll have to make a decision. At the
moment I'm not completely sure which way I’ll go because I have a strong
passion for both sports.
“Either way, it will be tough to drop one.’’
Country farm boy Weckert, who stands at an imposing 191cm and 90kg, hit
the headlines in July when he kicked eight goals and displayed great aerial
ability in his first senior SANFL game for Woodville-West Torrens – a
reserves clash against North Adelaide.
After juggling SANFL with school football commitments, he joined the
“first kick, first goal club’’ when he made his league debut against South
Adelaide in the final minor round series, before breaking his right thumb
two weeks later in the reserves first semi-final against West Adelaide.
The injury, which required two surgeries, has sidelined him since but he
hopes to return to the cricket field, for SACA Premier Cricket club
Woodville, early next month.
Both sports are clamouring for his services.
Weckert, who grew up on a pig, sheep and crop farm near the mid-north
town of Koolunga, has been in elite football programs since making the
state under-12s team.
He was chosen in this year’s SANFL under-17s Futures squad and, playing
as a key forward, didn’t look out of place in his only league game.
Weckert models his game on Carlton John Coleman Medallist Charlie
Curnow and Collingwood forward Brody Mihocek, who he described as
“strong marks who are versatile enough to move around the ground’’.
Dual Woodville-West Torrens premiership coach Jade Sheedy said Weckert
was “obviously very talented’’ and played with toughness beyond his
years.
“He already has traits that a lot of younger kids take a few years to
develop,’’ Sheedy said. “He’s super tough and plays with no fear which, as
a key forward, makes for a pretty exciting prospect.
“He has very good hands, is a very strong, one-touch player who doesn’t
fumble and we think he can do some really good things at league level next
year.’’
Weckert made his first state cricket side at under-15s level and
represented SA at this year’s under-19 national championships.
He has been timed at 132km/h on the speed gun and been likened to
Cummins because of his pace and action.
“Ever since I was little, I’ve idolised Pat Cummins, so I’ve tried to model
my game on him,’’ Weckert said.
SACA officials say Weckert is one of the most promising young quicks in
the state.
“He’s a big boy, a really strong kid who runs in and hits the wicket hard,’’
Woodville teammate and former Redbacks swing king Chadd Sayers said.
“He’s already sharp and will only get quicker as he gets more exposure to
elite-level training.’’
Weckert performed well in second grade last season and had a taste of first
grade when he played a Twenty20 match against Glenelg.
He has already started canvassing expert opinions about his footballversus-cricket decision.
“Obviously I’m not the first person faced with this decision, so I’ve talked
to a lot of people, including current and past players, about why they chose
one sport over another,’’ Weckert said.
“It will be tough and could come down to my performances and team
selections but I know I’ll have to make a decision pretty soon, so we’ll see
what happens.’’

Eagles recruiting for season 2023 - Page 5 Screen18
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:49 pm

If Weckert chooses football, we'll only have him for next season before he's drafted.
If he chooses cricket and doesn't "make it" (to his expectation) after 4 years, then returns to us, we would have a better chance of keeping him (from being drafted).
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:26 pm

hawke wrote:If Weckert chooses football, we'll only have him for next season before he's drafted.
If he chooses cricket and doesn't "make it" (to his expectation) after 4 years, then returns to us, we would have a better chance of keeping him (from being drafted).
Another Neil Hawke ?
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:06 pm

Would Polec being delisted get out club’s interest
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next