whybother
wimpy
Goddsy11
Mickyj
Titan2
15 posters

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Go down

Eagles recruiting for season 2023 - Page 4 Empty Re: Eagles recruiting for season 2023

Post by wimpy Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:46 pm

Gregod wrote:Are the delisted players obligued to return to their respected teams. ie Rowey. Or can they go to a different team (norwood where his old man played) without Eagles being compensated. Just hoping he appreciate who gave him a chance

If ex-AFL players don't return to their original SANFL club the new club has to pay a transfer fee, it used to be about $24,000. Don't think he would go anywhere else, the club has been having intensive talks with him about coming back if he doesn't find another AFL club.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Eagles recruiting for season 2023 - Page 4 Empty Re: Eagles recruiting for season 2023

Post by Columbo Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:20 pm

Mitch Mead is off to Seaton Ramblers
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:41 am

Re 2x Premiership youngster, Ben Jungfer: last year, Ben, as I recalled in the press, went to north WA to work on a cattle station with intention of returning in 1-2 years to partner with his father in a cattle property on Fleureau Peninsula; hadn't ruled out returning to the Eagles. Probably won't know till early next year whether 2023 or 2024. Good player. Our needs are many, having finished 7th but if we could only address 2, then they would be 1. a big ruck (or tall ruck forward to complement Ballenden) 2.classy onballer. If allowep
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:45 am

if allowed more, then two classy onballers and a strong tall versatile defender.
Wimpy, any names re North Albany ruck /forward ??
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:12 pm

hawke wrote:if allowed more, then two classy onballers and a strong tall versatile defender.

"hawke" have you been hibernating!!!!!!

I think you will find there will be more than one or two newees at the club. Might be looking to stock up with some youngsters with potential. I can't find out any more about the possible big from Albury North, web sites in regard to N.A. are out of date. I'm pretty sure a former Eagles reserves coach Luke Norman was their previous coach for a couple of years, he is most probably our contact.

Definitely need two talls and a couple of on ballers. We don't want to see Ballenden rucking.
Rowe, Fredricks and Nathan Barkla would also be good additions but I think highly unlikely to get any.
Barkla an NGA at the power will depend on how many spots power has left, I'm pretty sure they won't use pick 33 on him, maybe pick 60 but it depends also if they go for any delisted players, I think they are committed to one delisted player from Geelong.

I would like to see these youngsters included in the league training squad at the start of pre-season: Patrick Weckert, Brodie Mair, and Oscar Pearce from the U18s and Tyler Welsh, Tom Luck, Jet Hasting and Kade Herbert from the U16s.
I have high hopes for Will Pearce turning in to a star.

Apparently it was a tussle between the Bays Eagles to see who got Cam McGree, the Southern League ruckman, he chose the Bays.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:39 pm

Haven't been hibernating !!! Only that I predicted that we wouldn't make the 5 after the first Crows match and then kept my sanity by ignoring this site.
But now the planning (and interest) begins. Always thought that we overrated the U18s 2021 Premiership lads. However, can hardly wait for our U16s boys to come through - some good big lads for a nice change to the common undersized Eagles teams.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:41 pm

wimpy wrote:
hawke wrote:if allowed more, then two classy onballers and a strong tall versatile defender.

"hawke" have you been hibernating!!!!!!

I think you will find there will be more than one or two newees at the club. Might be looking to stock up with some youngsters with potential. I can't find out any more about the possible big from Albury North, web sites in regard to N.A. are out of date. I'm pretty sure a former Eagles reserves coach Luke Norman was their previous coach for a couple of years, he is most probably our contact.

Definitely need two talls and a couple of on ballers. We don't want to see Ballenden rucking.
Rowe, Fredricks and Nathan Barkla would also be good additions but I think highly unlikely to get any.
Barkla an NGA at the power will depend on how many spots power has left, I'm pretty sure they won't use pick 33 on him, maybe pick 60 but it depends also if they go for any delisted players, I think they are committed to one delisted player from Geelong.

I would like to see these youngsters included in the league training squad at the start of pre-season: Patrick Weckert, Brodie Mair, and Oscar Pearce from the U18s and Tyler Welsh, Tom Luck, Jet Hasting and Kade Herbert from the U16s.
I have high hopes for Will Pearce turning in to a star.

Apparently it was a tussle between the Bays Eagles to see who got Cam McGree, the Southern League ruckman, he chose the Bays.

Very good post. Agreed we need two talls (a ruck and a key position defencer imo) who are ready to play league from the first match of the season. This will allow us to station Ballenden almost exclusively up forward. We are also far too short down back with little in the backup department. Eventually Thompson is going to hit a wall given his age and Lehmann and Cameron are far too injury prone to be relied on. Who plays in their absence?

Fredericks, Rowe, Williams - all good players and all very welcome at the club. However they are all little blokes so hopefully we are sensible and don't overpay when having to make a choice. That said, if we get Rowe back it will be interesting to see whether Sheedy would consider playing him predominantly as a midfielder? He played very well in that position for the Crows in their SANFL team.

Weckett and Welsh should be played as the next two talls alongside our main focal point being Ballenden.

100% agree with Will Pearce potentially becoming a star. Would love to see him get super fit over summer with a view to spending some minutes rotating between a forward flank and onballer.

Studham will be one to watch next season.

Very excited about this rebuild and can't wait for next season to begin.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:25 pm

Studham looks very promising and we may have 3 youngsters manning the HB flanks and BPocket smalls in Beecken, Studham and Litster.
Pearce also showed he is an A grader but he's not quick enough to reach "star" status, as suggested. Appears to be similarly paced as Zane Williams.
Lukac's development stalled last season - can he show us something next year ?
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:31 pm

Western Bulldogs after delistings and retirements have opened up six list spots, it could be bye, bye Rowey.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:20 pm

Presume the North Albury player is Sam Azzi? A young tall defender. Would’ve been doing a fair bit of defending. Looks like North Albury got pumped in most games finishing last with 1 win.

Would be good to get a few young ones like they did in that era when Powell/Passador/McKenzie/Inkster/Lindsay etc came over my and formed the nucleus of the team for a generation.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:39 am

Kai Pudney (& CEY) played for Southern Districts in Darwin last weekend.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:45 am

Former U18 Caleb Poulter delisted by Collingwood.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:27 am

Aerie wrote:Former U18 Caleb Poulter delisted by Collingwood.

If he doesn't get picked up and comes back to the Eagles it will give us more depth.
Was never really a fan but two years at the pies might have improved him.
Looking a bit further in to the future, Luke Dunstan and Andrew McPherson's contracts finish at the end of 2023.
I think Dunstan's AFL career is finished, if he came back he would be a solid pick up.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:17 pm

Wimpy, your comment above   "....(Caleb Poulter) will give us more depth...."
Poulter, 193cm 21years, midfielder, competent overhead marking, good kick, versatile wing, HF, HB. with AFL game time.  I suggest he would be a very good pickup, not just "giving more depth". But we would need a lot of things to go right to get him back to Oval Ave.
What I can't understand is that Gold Coast hasn't delisted James Tsitas......yet ! ! !
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:19 pm

hawke wrote:Wimpy, your comment above   "....(Caleb Poulter) will give us more depth...."
Poulter, 193cm 21years, midfielder, competent overhead marking, good kick, versatile wing, HF, HB. with AFL game time.  I suggest he would be a very good pickup, not just "giving more depth". But we would need a lot of things to go right to get him back to Oval Ave.
What I can't understand is that Gold Coast hasn't delisted James Tsitas......yet ! ! !

Followed Poulter quite a bit through his junior days, just thought he was a bit flakey. Just not hard enough.
His personal stats might read well but I've seen a lot of Tarzans and Janes. Why are the Pies delisting him?
I'm not saying he wouldn't be a reasonable pick up but what I have seen of him doesn't get me excited.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:35 pm

wimpy wrote:
hawke wrote:Wimpy, your comment above   "....(Caleb Poulter) will give us more depth...."

Followed Poulter quite a bit through his junior days, just thought he was a bit flakey. Just not hard enough.
His personal stats might read well but I've seen a lot of Tarzans and Janes. Why are the Pies delisting him?
I'm not saying he wouldn't be a reasonable pick up but what I have seen of him doesn't get me excited.

I'm not close enough to the juniors to know what he's like. I only recall reading him racking up impressive numbers in the U18s and being viewed as one of SA's top prospects in his draft year. His first year he played 10-12 games with Collingwood which has to be viewed as pretty impressive even if Collingwood weren't strong that year. I recall one match he played at Adelaide Oval where in the first half he was one of Collingwood's highest possession getters. Not bad for a 19 year old. In the season just past (his second year) he only played 2-3 matches in a very strong Collingwood side. Then he is delisted at season's end. I can't quite understand that. His first season would have been viewed a success and his second season he perhaps didn't kick on as Collingwood might have hoped. But it seems bizarre that he'd get delisted after two seasons!! Something's not quite right. Perhaps it was the stuff behind the scenes that the supporters don't see - his attitude, his attendance at training etc. Who knows?

That said, I'd love to have him back at the Eagles and think he could be a very good pickup. I just can't see it happening though. I understand that the Crows (and now I'm hearing Gold Coast) were interested in him during the Trade period. The Crows were keen on him in his draft year. He's got too much potential for a club not to have a second crack at him. I will be closely watching.

Cam Ellis Yolman - does anyone know what happened there? He arrived at the eagles midseason with much fanfare then disappeared after 4-5 games with not a mention of why. Clearly he arrived out of shape and wasn't fit enough to quickly adapt. But was it a voluntary decision to step away or did the coach direct him? Does he have any intention of fronting up for the eagles for pre-season? If he could get fit then I still think he'd be a huge asset for us and would be like a virtual new recruit leading into next season.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:41 pm

I would imagine Buckley saw something in Poulter that McRae didn't. Hard to tell from stats, but they were consistent at VFL level averaging over 20 disposals per game in all 20 games played.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:18 am

Listened to a lot of media during the trade period and the Crows were definitely not interested in trading for Poulter. Reps from the Crows openly stated they were not interested. I would gladly have Poulter at the Eagles, it was a personal view, others most probably see him a lot differently and could be right.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:24 am

wimpy wrote:Listened to a lot of media during the trade period and the Crows were definitely not interested in trading for Poulter. Reps from the Crows openly stated they were not interested. I would gladly have Poulter at the Eagles, it was a personal view, others most probably see him a lot differently and could be right.

I would like him here as well. I rate him. The media was saying GC was looking strong at taking him.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:10 pm

And if we were lucky enough to secure Poulter (which is most unlikely), then we would all be on tenterhooks for the mid-season draft because there is no doubt he would be a SANFL star.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:55 am

There were a couple of interstate players in Adelaide on the weekend that the Eagles were interviewing.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:18 pm

wimpy wrote:There were a couple of interstate players in Adelaide on the weekend that the Eagles were interviewing.

No names I guess at this stage
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:08 pm

wimpy wrote:There were a couple of interstate players in Adelaide on the weekend that the Eagles were interviewing.

Sign them up. We will worry if they are any good later. Very Happy
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:36 pm

Rucci on SEN radio a little while ago said that he and Dillion had breakfast with six Hyundai dealers this morning, one being Daniel Thomas one of our major sponsors and Thomas told him to look out for the Eagles next season as they had signed a group of delisted players.....what ever that means. Some times the telling of the story can get a little distorted but I have no doubt our football department are working their bums off for next season and the future.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:46 pm

wimpy wrote:Rucci on SEN radio a little while ago said that he and Dillion had breakfast with six Hyundai dealers this morning, one being Daniel Thomas one of our major sponsors and Thomas told him to look out for the Eagles next season as they had signed a group of delisted players.....what ever that means. Some times the telling of the story can get a little distorted but I have no doubt our football department are working their bums off for next season and the future.

I wonder if they are EX port players seeing our major sponsors around the corner from Alberton but just me thinking
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next