Round 4 v Norwood @ Coopers - League game 500.

+8
Col D
wimpy
Columbo
Premiers
MichaelScott
Dobber
Mickyj
MightyEagles
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Round 4 v Norwood @ Coopers - League game 500. - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 4 v Norwood @ Coopers - League game 500.

Post by BirdOfPrey Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:44 am

Great game by the lads.Thou we must be realistic that we won't have all those AFL guys for 90% of the season.
Allmond was a great in and the first gamer Karpany should some real class, he'll be gone next year.
Sumner is a real talent and was BOG. If he could develop the right handside of his game then he would be unstoppable . Number of times he tried to turn to his left and got caught against the boundary line and would try and turn back and would end up doing circles.
Backlines held strong, but still needs some polish, overdo the handball at times instead of a long kick down the line.
Don't know why Fitzgerald couldn't have done the same role as Dawson played? At times Ainger had 3 guys hanging off him. Thought he played well as the main fwd target.
Two main highlights for me was Goldys goal on his back and the amazing spoil of Allmond which was just in front of me, that was tough.
Well done lads, enjoyed it.
BirdOfPrey
BirdOfPrey

Back to top Go down

Round 4 v Norwood @ Coopers - League game 500. - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 4 v Norwood @ Coopers - League game 500.

Post by wedgetail Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:47 pm

Intensity, run and taking the game on was back!
Thought we would play well v Norwood, had to bounce back after west debacle!
wedgetail
wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:28 pm

Sumner BOG for sure...all the journos and experts you see with a magnifying glass in the Advertiser will always favour and look to notice anyone on a current AFL list. I'm not saying the AFL players had nothing to do with it, far from it.

Ainger is a class forward, worth whatever we paid for him...we should hope he stays injury free!

I can't really add more to what's said above, but it would be nice to see either or both Salter and Grocke back in the team to compliment Ainger. Redden was as usual the best backup ruckman to Parry we've had in Parrys time here...but we can't rely on him being in the side, either.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:37 pm

By the way, our record vs Norwood at Norwood under lights is now 7-1.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobber Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:31 am

spell_check wrote:Sumner BOG for sure...all the journos and experts you see with a magnifying glass in the Advertiser will always favour and look to notice anyone on a current AFL list. I'm not saying the AFL players had nothing to do with it, far from it.

Ainger is a class forward, worth whatever we paid for him...we should hope he stays injury free!

I can't really add more to what's said above, but it would be nice to see either or both Salter and Grocke back in the team to compliment Ainger. Redden was as usual the best backup ruckman to Parry we've had in Parrys time here...but we can't rely on him being in the side, either.

not so sure in Ainger - jury out for me - need to see a lot more of him
Dobber
Dobber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2