Round 16 Norwood v Eagles Friday 27 th July Coopers stadium

5 posters

Go down

Round 16 Norwood v Eagles Friday 27 th July Coopers stadium  Empty Round 16 Norwood v Eagles Friday 27 th July Coopers stadium

Post by Mickyj Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:54 pm

Round 16: Norwood v Eagles - Friday 27 July @ Coopers Stadium

Reserves: 4:50pm
League: 7:20pm

Go Eagles
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 16 Norwood v Eagles Friday 27 th July Coopers stadium  Empty Re: Round 16 Norwood v Eagles Friday 27 th July Coopers stadium

Post by Mickyj Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:06 am

Another milestone match this weekend! Congrats to Paul Stewart who will play his 100th game tomorrow night at the Parade. #wwtfc #soarwithus
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 16 Norwood v Eagles Friday 27 th July Coopers stadium  Empty Re: Round 16 Norwood v Eagles Friday 27 th July Coopers stadium

Post by Mickyj Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:14 pm

EAGLES

League

The Eagles could have a midfield star play his first Macca’s League game of the season against Norwood on Friday night.

Former Crow Jared Petrenko has been included on a five-man interchange bench after spending last weekend with TV show House Rules.

Petrenko, who has also been set back by a knee injury this year, has been joined in the Eagles’ 23 man squad by ruckman Marc Borholm and midfielder Angus Poole, who has served a one-match ban with the SANFL IRP.

Small forward Jake Comitogianni has been sidelined by an ankle injury.

Defender Paul Stewart will play his 100th Macca’s League match after making his debut in the 2006 Preliminary Final.

F: Lukosius, N. Hayes, Gray

HF: Sharrad, J. Hayes, Johansen

C: Hall, Lewis, Haylock

HB: Goldsworthy, Thompson, Stewart

B: Westbrook, Von Bertouch, Rowland

R: Redden, Sinor, Boyd

INT: Borholm, Poole, Heinjus, Firns, Petrenko

IN: Borholm, Poole, Petrenko

OUT: Comitogianni (ankle)

Reserves
Cook, Hawkins, Sibley, Minney, Weidemann, Schmusch, X.Redden, Martin, C.Gaffney, E.Miller, Moore, Rowe, J.Gaffney, West, McLeod, Frederick, Lee, Guilhaus, Frederick.

Under-18
F: Thompson, Francis, McNeil
HF: Pratico, Armfield, Tiller
C: Nicholas, Miller, Beecken
HB: Bailey, R. Bruce, Hawkins
B: Hillard, Carter, Brill

R: Michael, Pudney, Mead
INT: Bennison, Drewer, Friend, Furler, Pearce, Tape, Williams
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:40 pm

Norwood have a few big ins. Lets hope Goddy has his tactics settled for this game. Bomber a helpful in as he has versatility.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:12 am

goddy11 wrote:Norwood have a few big  ins. Lets hope Goddy has his tactics settled for this game. Bomber a helpful in as he has versatility.

I hope Bomber plays we need two rucks this week.
Norwoods rucks are an issue for us
Not sure who goes out for Poole and Pup if Pup plays .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:00 pm

I would be surprised if Petrenko plays in the A's. He hasn't had much time for fitness and also coming back from another injury. To have him at full capacity would be wonderful. I think Gray may go out has he hasn't been setting the world on fire with form
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:53 pm

5 on the bench so I think Petrenko and I think someone is injured, out. Gray should go but...
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:15 pm

Norwood kicked the ball 40m to a free player. We chipped the ball 20 m to a contest. That game will never win.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:04 am

goddy11 wrote:Norwood kicked the ball 40m to a free player. We chipped the ball 20 m to a contest. That game will never win.

True
Eagles played one quarter of good footy
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:41 am

Don't have the talent to beat the better teams...midfield is awful
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:17 am

Petrenko kicked 2 goals but other than that did on impose himself. Not fit. Should not have played when J Rowe kicks 4 in the B's. The Hayes boys have been kept quiet the last 2 weeks. Coaches know they are our major avenues to goal. I have to hand it to Norwood, they are a fine side but the last 2 years they have beaten us with the same type of game. Our game plan/style was frustrating.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:24 am

MichaelScott wrote:Don't have the talent to beat the better teams...midfield is awful

If you notice last week's loss and this week's loss when we are turning into a sinking ship Stewart goes into the midfield.
Bomber was a bonus
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:27 am

goddy11 wrote:Petrenko  kicked 2 goals but other than that did on impose himself. Not fit. Should not have played when J Rowe kicks 4 in the B's. The Hayes boys have been kept quiet  the last 2 weeks. Coaches know they are our major avenues to goal. I have to hand it to Norwood, they are a fine side but the last 2 years they have beaten us with the same type of game. Our game plan/style was frustrating.

Our forward line is missing something
Hayes boys can be held
Are we relying too much on the number 1 draft pick .
Sometimes other players got to stand up and get the job done .
Agree with you over Rowe he should be in the league again .

Eagles when in doubt man up !!!
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:13 am

Mickyj wrote:
goddy11 wrote:Petrenko  kicked 2 goals but other than that did on impose himself. Not fit. Should not have played when J Rowe kicks 4 in the B's. The Hayes boys have been kept quiet  the last 2 weeks. Coaches know they are our major avenues to goal. I have to hand it to Norwood, they are a fine side but the last 2 years they have beaten us with the same type of game. Our game plan/style was frustrating.

Our forward line is missing something
Hayes boys can be held
Are we relying too much on the number 1 draft pick .
Sometimes other players got to stand up and get the job done .
Agree with you over Rowe he should be in the league again .

Eagles when in doubt man up !!!

Mickyj, I must say I am a little disappointed in the writeup given to Luko. They are making him out as new Wayne Carey.
Apart from last years finals he has not played well. I think the SANFL is responsible for this in making him play U18 and not developing naturally. Can you remember Pavlich and McGregor at this age. They shone out to the point Pav made the Senior State side as a 17yo.
I watched the game on digital so I could not get a feel for the game like at the ground but surely like you said we could have manned up. Boyd had so much possession, but turned over much with little dinks to player not capable of getting it, He picks up a lot of balls running behind our players and getting the handball and then not having an option to pass to.

Just noting an poor event in the 3rd 1/4 where Haylock not wanting to shoot passed to Boyd 45m out. I screamed. He was never going to reach. Poor decision making by our side.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:15 pm

Like yourself this week Goddy I watched it on the digital first time for everything .
I watched the state U 18 game or most of it . Rankine out shone Luko .
From my point of view we are struggling with both Hayes and Luko up forward . I don't know how they don't gel seemed to work better when Luko was in the state team.
Also besides Luko the midfield isnt working and the big tell Gods is worried Stewart to the midfield .
Either we need to promote Rowe or someone else .
Something's not working in our game Style .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:48 pm

As always an interesting experience to head out there on a Friday night.
First quarter was up there with the North game, they were always going to hit back though and from time on in the second qtr they were just too good, probably lucky that it didn’t blow out a bit more in the end.
Thought Luko had his best game since his return but wonder if the anticipation or expectation is weighing him down a little. Bomber crashed some packs up forward but we just couldn’t make the most of it, hope he can hold his spot. Time to reset and make sure we lock in a top 3 spot.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:51 pm

Columbo wrote:As always an interesting experience to head out there on a Friday night.
First quarter was up there with the North game, they were always going to hit back though and from time on in the second qtr they were just too good, probably lucky that it didn’t blow out a bit more in the end.
Thought Luko had his best game since his return but wonder if the anticipation or expectation is weighing him down a little. Bomber crashed some packs up forward but we just couldn’t make the most of it, hope he can hold his spot. Time to reset and make sure we lock in a top 3 spot.

Good post Columbo you could be right about young Luco.
And Bomber did add something to the team .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:52 pm

We have Adelaide(h), South(h)and Central(a) in our last 3 games. I hitting the panic button on what I've seen the last 2 weeks. Adelaide is getting players back. South is going to be tough (they are playing as well as we are playing bad) and Centrals is always hard. I think we will end up 4th if our game plan does not change.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down