+4
whybother
Goddsy11
The Barton
Mickyj
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Norwood V Eagles coopers stadium Friday  Empty Norwood V Eagles coopers stadium Friday

Post by Mickyj Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:07 pm

Reserves 5.10
League game 7.40

Round 2 Friday night at Norwood hopefully the Eagles can win .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Norwood V Eagles coopers stadium Friday  Empty Re: Norwood V Eagles coopers stadium Friday

Post by The Barton Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:29 am

Expecting four changes this week and a few boys to make their debuts with the Club. Could very well be zip 2, thankfully playing West in R3.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Norwood V Eagles coopers stadium Friday  Empty Re: Norwood V Eagles coopers stadium Friday

Post by Mickyj Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:47 pm

Anyone seen our side yet ?
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:50 pm

Mickyj wrote:Anyone seen our side yet ?

On our website. Bellenden named at CHF.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:52 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:Anyone seen our side yet ?

On our website. Bellenden named at CHF.

Just saw it on Facebook very hard to copy ours I’ll see if the sanfl one comes up
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:00 pm

By names/reputations we should have done better last week....and the same for this week
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:30 pm

whybother wrote:By names/reputations we should have done better last week....and the same for this week
This week we have a tall CHF at least
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:48 am

On paper we have a strong looking team. Does anyone know if Ballenden is a goal kicking forward or just a tall we are playing forward. I've tried to check his record but can not find much .
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:45 am

goddy11 wrote:On paper we have a strong looking team. Does anyone know if Ballenden is a goal kicking forward or just a tall we are playing forward. I've tried to check his record but can not find much .

What comes up on Wikipedia says 17 games 2 goals
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:17 am

Mickyj wrote:
goddy11 wrote:On paper we have a strong looking team. Does anyone know if Ballenden is a goal kicking forward or just a tall we are playing forward. I've tried to check his record but can not find much .

\

Not sure you read wiki correctly. Mine shows 2 AFL games 2 goals. With Covid the last 2 years stats are hard to find. He was 2021 Reserves Best & Fairest for Brisbane but I think in a defensive role. Not sure how many games they played. He is a beast of a player size wise.
His early days he showed a bit of forward skills. I think we might be the making of him as a plater under our system.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:22 am

Wimpy, Still 1 Burgoyne out there

Under-16
F: 41 Sumner, 52 Harris, 32 Walshaw
HF: 55 Jamieson, 58 Phillips, 33 Thompson
C: 46 Sauer, 49 Dodd, 54 Edwards
HB: 45 Parisi, 59 Welsh, 42 Manuel
B: 53 Hasting, 50 Delmenico, 47 Willmott

R: 56 Luck, 38 Herbert, 43 Schwarz
INT: 48 Burgoyne, 51 Griffiths, 31 Hodges, 37 Lucas, 39 Sinclair, 44 Tregilgas, 54 Wilson
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:32 am

Do we have any other injuries considering the size of the interchange bench. Haylock, Williams and Comma were poor last week.

League

F: T. Menzel, D. Menzel, Hardie

HF: Firns, Ballenden, Lonergan

C: Allmond, Clarke, Mutch

HB: Duval, Thompson, Sinor

B: Beecken, Lehmann, McFarlane

R: Redden, Rowland, Knight

INT: Pudney, Haylock, Hoile, Williams, Phillips, Buck, Comitogianni

IN: Ballenden, Buck, Hoile, Phillips

OUT: Goldsworthy (concussion)

NEW: Connor Ballenden (Brisbane Lions), Zac Buck (Port District), Lachlan Hoile (Southern Eagles), Zac Phillips (Kadina)
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:55 am

I think you'll find Redden will be an out tonight (injured) and Haylock (Reserves). Comma or Williams could be the other. 4 changes expected with Zac's Phillips and Buck and Lachie Hoile to make their League debuts.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:00 am

The Barton wrote:I think you'll find Redden will be an out tonight (injured) and Haylock (Reserves). Comma or Williams could be the other. 4 changes expected with Zac's Phillips and Buck and Lachie Hoile to make their League debuts.

So we may struggle again grr
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:02 am

goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

\

Not sure you read wiki correctly. Mine shows 2 AFL games 2 goals. With Covid the last 2 years stats are hard to find. He was 2021 Reserves Best & Fairest for Brisbane but I think in a defensive role. Not sure how many games they played. He is a beast of a player size wise.
His early days he showed a bit of forward skills. I think we might be the making of him as a plater under our system.  

I had a very quick look
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:19 pm

I think that is why Ballenden came to the Eagles and not the Bays because he wanted to play forward and not ruck, so I assume he can kick goals.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:22 pm

Ground it out to get the W.

As usual score taken off the scoreboard 20 seconds after the siren, umpires didn't get a chance to wave the flags.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:24 pm

Not sure how we won that but we did thankfully
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:28 pm

2 points!

Very important to get the win! Eagles very rusty and never easy on the small ground at The Parade. Some positive signs from Ballenden, he looks a player. Same with Clarke. I thought Troy Menzel was very good, even after his knee injury. Hardie also very good - hard to believe he wasn’t best 22 last year, but certainly a good league quality player. Sinor as always a good player for us. Thompson and Pudney had very good 2nd halves.

Has the standing on the mark rule changed the way we can defend? A hallmark of Eagles sides since the Godden era has been closing down the oppositions run through the midfield and being miserly in defence, but I’m not seeing any signs of that style of defending in rounds 1 & 2. Just not possible with the new rule, new players trying to adapt or a different game plan?
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:21 am

Ok I still don’t know how we won that game . I watched both seconds and league on the SANFL pass . We are to short in ruck without Redden who is supposedly missing two weeks with an injury . If we’d kicked straight first quarter it would’ve been game over . But we didn’t . End of day our running game better skilled players won that game .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:38 am

Ballenden certainly looked the goods. That second goal from +50 meters out was effortless. A very good 1st game for a beast of a player. The new ruckman was competitive in the ruck although beaten but still needs around the ground impact. Lukac in the 2s looked better. How long is Jarrod out. We missed Almond and Goldy. Comma makes some dumb mistakes sometimes. How many 50s did we give away. I could not see why on the app for some.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:48 am

A review of our playing personel for last nights game revealed only five of our 2020 premiership team played and fourteen of our 2021 team played. With such a huge turnover of players it's very hard to maintain a continuous high level of performance.
We also had maybe six first choice players missing.
The Eagles first quarter was sensational except for goal kicking, should have been up by 6 to 7 goals at quarter time with the play we had.
There were four first game players for the club last night. It will take a little time to gel and find the best balance.
The reserves have won two from two but are very young, but a couple of players are showing encouraging form but will need time to fully develop.

Last edited by wimpy on Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:00 am

As a side note our seconds team

Haylock son of an eagle
Hill grandson of an eagle
Philipou grandson nephew and son of an eagle

We are becoming a family team which is great
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:38 am

What's Hills background apart from being Kevin's grandson. Our website has him as 21yo and that's all.
Ethan had a better game in the 2s than last week against NA.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregod Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:07 am

Sanfl website is stuffed. Tried to listen to game last night and the game was 1st quarter but the commentary was at coin toss up. Every time I rebooted app it would start all over again
Gregod
Gregod
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next