Eagles V Norwood Coopers stadium 7.40 Friday may 23rd

2 posters

Go down

Eagles V Norwood Coopers stadium 7.40 Friday may 23rd  Empty Eagles V Norwood Coopers stadium 7.40 Friday may 23rd

Post by Mickyj Mon May 19, 2014 1:08 pm

A very big test for the Eagles this week . Norwood are a quality side .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eagles V Norwood Coopers stadium 7.40 Friday may 23rd  Empty Re: Eagles V Norwood Coopers stadium 7.40 Friday may 23rd

Post by spell_check Mon May 19, 2014 7:34 pm

It won't be open like it was on Saturday.  Nor will it be as easy.  But the principle still applies - get it into Ainger and Wundke as quick as possible.  We have an outstanding record under lights at Norwood, however Norwood have a 21-2 record at their ground since the start of 2012.

But history counts for nought once the first bounce arrives - both teams start at zero.  It's up to us not to get carried away with the past four matches; just continue to keep doing what we have done.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Eagles V Norwood Coopers stadium 7.40 Friday may 23rd  Empty Re: Eagles V Norwood Coopers stadium 7.40 Friday may 23rd

Post by Mickyj Thu May 22, 2014 4:52 pm

League
F: Heinjus, Wundke, McGregor
HF: Poole, Ainger, A. Dunstan
C: Allmond, Lewis, Hall
HB: Sumner, Jarrad, Batley
B: P. Raymond, Giuffreda, von Bertouch

R: Borholm, Powell, Boyd
INT: J. Sinor, Kane, Goldsworthy, Lloyd
IN: Goldsworthy

Reserves
F: Press, T. Fitzgerald, M. Raymond
HF: Lodge, T. Whittlesea, Blesing
C: Ventura, Appleton, Martyn
HB: G. Ellis, Mackenzie, Lane
B: Blumson, Killian, Summerton

R: Muller, Rowland, T. Schwarz
INT: Mullins, Roads, Enright, Osborne
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sat May 24, 2014 9:43 pm

Well, that was a game to be thankful we pocketed the two points despite not being the best team on the night.  I reckon those last few minutes after Norwood had two unsuccessful shots on goal to take the lead show we do have composure.  I have said it before, but how on earth McGregor was not playing SANFL for some time before this is astounding.  Thankfully we have a coach who remembers players who appeared to be out in the wilderness even though they are more than good enough to be in this competition.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun May 25, 2014 8:50 am

spell_check wrote:Well, that was a game to be thankful we pocketed the two points despite not being the best team on the night.  I reckon those last few minutes after Norwood had two unsuccessful shots on goal to take the lead show we do have composure.  I have said it before, but how on earth McGregor was not playing SANFL for some time before this is astounding.  Thankfully we have a coach who remembers players who appeared to be out in the wilderness even though they are more than good enough to be in this competition.

Totally agree with your comments Spelly
We were the second best team on the night !! We kicked straight which Norwood couldn't do . We shut down the better team at times . And the likes of Mcgregor when left on their own got the ball and exploded forth with it!!
Second best but the Eagles game is evolving this year its growing and adapting to the change of the face of the SANFL !
I said this elsewhere but I think when we close the game down in packs . Like we did Friday night I see Luke Normans hand
The Eagles nest player of the year award keeps getting harder to vote for each week
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down