Aerie
Headfan
Goddsy11
whybother
Mickyj
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

West v Eagles July 20 Hisense stadium  - Page 3 Empty Re: West v Eagles July 20 Hisense stadium

Post by whybother Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:40 pm

So NA need to win 2 games more that us to displace us from the five. Surely we can win one of SA and PA, preferably both.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

West v Eagles July 20 Hisense stadium  - Page 3 Empty Re: West v Eagles July 20 Hisense stadium

Post by eaglesman Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:12 pm

Who are we kidding?  I have attended all the Eagles games this season, and sadly have had to watch the team's form gradually deteriorate to the point where we would now be the worst team in the SANFL.  Seemingly very little confidence, intensity. motivation.  You can't blame that on the weather or the loss of Beecken!  What is Jacobs doing with our team?  Do we even have have a game plan, other than "just kick and hope?" I completely agree with Micky that it was obvious that many of our players out there against West just did not seem to care.
eaglesman
eaglesman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Mon Jul 22, 2024 7:39 pm

I’ve had 48 hours or more to try and make sense of what happened on Saturday - and I can’t. The most concerning part for me was the apparent lack of interest from the players. I find that hard to believe but a number looked like they didn’t want to be there.

Cudos to Westies who seem to have developed a good culture and camaraderie after years of crap. They worked a lot harder and ran harder than us. Maybe we’ve been drinking our own Cool Ade for too long? Or is it because we keep getting raided by the AFL and it’s ripped our hearts out ??
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:57 pm

The Barton wrote:I’ve had 48 hours or more to try and make sense of what happened on Saturday - and I can’t. The most concerning part for me was the apparent lack of interest from the players. I find that hard to believe but a number looked like they didn’t want to be there.

Cudos to Westies who seem to have developed a good culture and camaraderie after years of crap. They worked a lot harder and ran harder than us. Maybe we’ve been drinking our own Cool Ade for too long? Or is it because we keep getting raided by the AFL and it’s ripped our hearts out ??

If you're not 100% committed at this level you get found out.

What is Redden doing playing for the Southern Eagles? It was hard enough to think he could be "rested" in such an important game, coming off 3 losses in a row, let alone playing country footy a month out from finals. Twice Redden has played for the Southern Eagles instead of us and twice we've lost - the other being Centrals at Elizabeth.

Troy Menzel goes for one handed marks and then goes to ground. Cooke misses a shot from 15m out straight in front. It is completely deflating.

We need some class and energy in the forward line. Lukac to crash packs. Morris to give us something that Menzel and Pearce haven't been able to. Knight to use his experience and skill to provide us with something Buck doesn't.

I found it really surprising that Jack Wheare was dropped after his last quarter effort against Sturt. You put all that faith and time into a player and then as soon as they deliver, instead of building on that confidence, they get dropped. Also, Mawson was playing really well earlier in season, not sure how he has found his way to the Reserves.

F: McKay Lukac Knight
HF: Morris Ballenden Beattie
C: Williams Sinor Herbert
HB: Rowland Moore Litster
B: Fleeton Thompson Firns
R: Redden D'Aloia Rowe
I: Mawson McFarlane Dawkins* Cooke/Weckert if available

In: Herbert, Firns, Redden, Mawson, Dawkins, Weckert
Out: Hansen, Neumann, Menzel, Goldsworthy, Buck, Cooke if Weckert available

*I'm not sure what the go is with Dawkins this year, but when he played league last year, he really looked the goods. If he's no where near it for whatever reason, I'd have Bruce on the bench in his place as the 7th backman.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:19 pm

Dawkins injured his foot/lower leg early in the season that set him back considerably. Hasn’t found the form he had last year. He’s not Robinson Crusoe on that front.
I think we all underestimated Beecken’s value to the team - I did .
There’s not a lot of class left in the squad now unfortunately.

The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3