West v Eagles Hisense Stadium September 18

+3
Eagles35
Goddsy11
Mickyj
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

West v Eagles Hisense Stadium September 18 Empty West v Eagles Hisense Stadium September 18

Post by Mickyj Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:58 pm

Seconds 4.50
League 7.20

Well second to last home and away game this week
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

West v Eagles Hisense Stadium September 18 Empty Re: West v Eagles Hisense Stadium September 18

Post by Mickyj Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:51 pm

This weeks injury report

Jesse Lonergan – Calf – TBC

Matthew Goldsworthy – Glute – TBC

Rhyan Mansell – Achilles – TBC

Tom Gray – Ankle – Indefinite

Zane Williams – Wrist – 2-3 Weeks

Jake Weidemann – Finger – 2-3 Weeks

Ethan Haylock – Groin – 1-2 Weeks

Jamie Coff – Knee – 1-2 Weeks

Aron Asfaha – Quad – 1-2 Weeks

Louis Sharrad – Hamstring – 1-2 Weeks

Jake Comitogianni – Abdominal – 1 Week

Rupert Peake – Hamstring – Test

Chris Hall – Calf – Test
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

West v Eagles Hisense Stadium September 18 Empty Re: West v Eagles Hisense Stadium September 18

Post by Mickyj Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:01 pm

Best I can do tonight

In: Carcuro, Firns, Hall, Jungfer, Mead, Pudney, West, Westbrook

Out: Lonergan (Calf), Goldsworthy (Glute), Toumpas (Hip), Mansell (Achilles), Von Bertouch (Hamstring)
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:10 pm

Ok got the entire team now

EAGLES

Woodville-West Torrens has named an injury-ravaged line-up to play against West Adelaide at Hisense Stadium.

Five first-choice players have found themselves in the casualty ward – Jimmy Toumpas (hip), Matthew Goldsworthy (glute), Jake Von Bertouch (hamstring), Rhyan Mansell (Achilles) and Jesse Lonergan (calf).

Possible Club League debutants Ben Jungfer (19, 178cm and 72kg) and Mitchell Mead (20, 175cm and 75kg) are among the possible replacements after being named on the extended interchange bench.

They have been joined in the Eagles’ 25-man squad by Tristan Carcuro, Jack Firns, Kai Pudney, Jordan West and Jake Westbrook.

F: Rowe, N. Hayes, Poole

HF: Lowson, J. Hayes, Foote

C: Hall, McNeil, Lee

HB: Jones, Giuffreda, Wehr

B: Rowland, Thompson, Seymour

R: Redden, Sinor, Tsitas

INT: Jungfer, Mead, Pudney, Carcuro, West, Westbrook, Firns

IN: Carcuro, Firns, Hall, Jungfer, Mead, Pudney, West, Westbrook

OUT: Lonergan (calf), Goldsworthy (glute), Toumpas (hip), Mansell (Achilles), Von Bertouch (hamstring)

NEW: Ben Jungfer (Sacred Heart/Waratahs), Mitchell Mead (Port Adelaide SANFL)

Reserves
Dawkins, Moore, Beecken, Schmusch, Schofield, Brill, Bruce, Poulter, Morgan, McPherson, Michael, Armfield, McLeod, Asfaha, Hoile, McNeilly, Barnett, Pearce, Peake

Under-18
F: Kasianowicz, J. Hunter-Price, Neumann
HF: Nicholls, Smith, Wheare
C: Calvett, Scott, Watson
HB: Redden, Ueding, Branford
B: Buck, Williams, Launer

R: Phillips, Litster, Burgoyne
INT: Binka, Blair, Errington, Godden, Mitzithras, Murphy, O’Reilly
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:29 pm

Some big out, some good ins. We should still win.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:55 pm

Anyone know what time the gates at westies are going to be open?? Or can members go straight in as the man let me go in last week at home before the gates opened up

Last edited by Eagles35 on Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:56 pm

Great to see Taj on debut if so you
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:10 am

Eagles35 wrote:Great to see Taj on debut if so you

I didn't see that. I will be watching at least part of the B's so will watch out for him with interest. They have named 19 players so 3 will drop down from the league team.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:38 pm

Im guessing hes on debut seem hes out for the under 18s plus 4 on the bench these days unless its just league
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:43 pm

Eagles35 wrote:Im guessing hes on debut seem hes out for the under 18s plus 4 on the bench these days unless its just league

It’s four on the bench in the league to
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:37 pm

So he's #30 for us today
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:42 pm

looks like Firns, Hall, Jungfer, , Pudney and West in from what I can see from reserves
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:26 pm

goddy11 wrote:looks like   Firns, Hall, Jungfer, , Pudney and West  in from what I can see from reserves

No Redden then damn

I was wrong
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:18 am

By ZAC MILBANK

Woodville-West Torrens took a stranglehold on the Statewide Super League minor premiership after blitzing West Adelaide by 76 points at Hisense Stadium on Friday night.

The Eagles will almost certainly finish in top spot as North Adelaide must now win its final two matches while needing Jade Sheedy’s charges to lose to Central in Round 14.

And even then, the Eagles boast a percentage advantage in excess of eight per cent, nearing the major round.

Despite being without five star exclusions from the side which easily accounted for Glenelg in Round 12, the visitors did as they pleased in leading at every change en route to nearly reaching the 400-disposal mark.

Matt Goldsworthy, Rhyan Mansell, Jesse Lonergan, Jake Von Bertouch and Jimmy Toumpas were all sidelined with minor injuries but that didn’t prevent the Eagles from producing a polished display as small forwards James Rowe and Sam Lowson booted nine goals between them.

Rowe, now leading the race for the Ken Farmer Medal, boasts a three-goal advantage on Glenelg’s Liam McBean at the top of the goal kicking leaderboard after his bag of five gave him 37 for the season.

Late-season VFL recruit Lowson hadn’t hit the scoreboard in his opening two SANFL appearances but that soon changed when he snapped truly from 30m during time-on of the third quarter.

The Coburg goalsneak then had another in as many minutes when he produced an eye-catching finish in the clip below, knocking the ball into his own path before kicking it out of mid-air.

But as Rowe and Lowson created the scoreboard pressure, it was the Eagles’ other VFL signing – former Geelong co-captain James Tsitas – who was burning up the midfield with 39 disposals, 11 clearances, nine tackles and a goal.

Joseph Sinor continued his consistent season resurgence with 30 disposals and five clearances while Chris Hall and Kai Pudney ran hard all night on the wings.

Former Crows SANFL defender Pierce Seymour has also proven to be an astute signing by Sheedy, repelling many attacks on the last line and further up the field to tally 27 disposals and six marks.

Such was the Eagles even dominance – they led inside 50s by 33 to 12 at half-time before finishing 62 to 25 – they could afford for the Hayes brothers to register just 11 disposals and a goal each.

Northern Territory debutant Ben Jungfer impressed in his first League game with 19 disposals and five tackles, his final one a crunching sleeper-hold on West’s Isaac Johnson despite it coming in the 25th minute of the final term.

Picture – David Wolverton

If things weren’t tough enough for West in the first half, it became more difficult in the third term when it lost two players to match-ending injuries.

Former Tiger Josh Koster appeared to strain his hamstring again, while key defender Pat Levicki had to be stretchered from the ground in the 12th minute after injuring his knee deep in the south-western pocket.

The ex-Norwood backman finished the game on crutches with ice strapped to his knee as he prepares to undergo scans to determine the extent of the damage.

After managing just one goal to Johnson in the opening term, the hosts trailed by 37 points at the main change despite a pair of majors to Ouyen United recruit Tom Morrish.

By the time Morrish wobbled through his third on the bounce for the game 14 minutes into the final quarter, the Bloods trailed by 70 points.

Tireless Kaine Stevens led the way with 32 disposals five tackles and five clearances while Brett Turner appears to have cemented his place as a big-bodied midfielder with 25 touches and five clearances.

Premiership midfielder Josh Schiller made a successful return from injury to rack up 25 possessions, seven clearances and six tackles in his first League game since Round 4.

Mature-age ruckman Stuart Taverner tallied 13 disposals and five tackles in just his second game of League football in replacing late withdrawal Andre Parrella while Hamish Ellem kicked an impressive goal on the run during the fourth term.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:49 am

Mickyj wrote:

Late-season VFL recruit Lowson hadn’t hit the scoreboard in his opening two SANFL appearances but that soon changed when he snapped truly from 30m during time-on of the third quarter.

The Coburg goalsneak then had another in as many minutes when he produced an eye-catching finish in the clip below, knocking the ball into his own path before kicking it out of mid-air.

Watching the game on digital I was ready to put a line through Lowson halfway through the 3rd 1/4. He made quite a comeback after that not only on scoreboard but with pressure in forward half. Some interesting selections to be made next week and onwards.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:40 am

goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

Watching the game on digital I was ready to put a line through Lowson  halfway through the 3rd 1/4. He made quite a comeback after that not only on scoreboard but with pressure in forward half. Some interesting selections to be made next week and onwards.

We thought like you did and suddenly bam he’s kicking goals .
Last nights game was really a nothing game .
With good players out we still destroyed West they didn’t even put up much of a fight
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:04 am

Plenty of positives from last night. Lowson getting some confidence. Rowe putting himself in a good spot for the Ken Farmer Medal. Jungfer looks a player - could be a big bodied mid in future years? Pudney, Lee, Firns and West all getting a good run at league level. Tsitas and Seymour very good. West Adelaide very average. I’d imagine they’ll be wanting to use next weeks game against Central as a dress rehearsal for the first final. The only thing I’d do is keep West in the side as main ruckman to avoid Jack Hayes needing to ruck in a nothing game.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:08 am

Aerie wrote:Plenty of positives from last night. Lowson getting some confidence. Rowe putting himself in a good spot for the Ken Farmer Medal. Jungfer looks a player - could be a big bodied mid in future years? Pudney, Lee, Firns and West all getting a good run at league level. Tsitas and Seymour very good. West Adelaide very average. I’d imagine they’ll be wanting to use next weeks game against Central as a dress rehearsal for the first final. The only thing I’d do is keep West in the side as main ruckman to avoid Jack Hayes needing to ruck in a nothing game.

But not in the finals. Maybe rest Redden. I don't see West having any influence around the ground. He was ok last night but I think it was WA's 3rd string Ruck.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Deorn Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:03 pm

I hope that we haven't another injury concern with Lachie Jones (Ankle)
Deorn
Deorn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:10 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Aerie wrote:Plenty of positives from last night. Lowson getting some confidence. Rowe putting himself in a good spot for the Ken Farmer Medal. Jungfer looks a player - could be a big bodied mid in future years? Pudney, Lee, Firns and West all getting a good run at league level. Tsitas and Seymour very good. West Adelaide very average. I’d imagine they’ll be wanting to use next weeks game against Central as a dress rehearsal for the first final. The only thing I’d do is keep West in the side as main ruckman to avoid Jack Hayes needing to ruck in a nothing game.

But not in the finals. Maybe rest Redden. I don't see West having any influence around the ground. He was ok last night but I think it was WA's 3rd string Ruck.

Yes, agree re finals and just going with Redden and Hayes in ruck.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:43 pm

He twisted his ankle i asked him if he was okay when the boy's went down the race after the game and he said he was okay
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:22 am

Reserves. Good to see Conner BOG

WWT 11.7-73 WA 3.6-24

Eagles
Goal Kickers: N. Moore 2, A. Asfaha 2, T. Carcuro 2, H. Morgan 2, C. Poulter, L. Beecken, G. Armfield
Best Players: C. McLEOD, M. Mead, R. Bruce, L. Barnett, A. Asfaha, S. Michae
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:34 am

Great debut for Jungfer, didn't look out of place. I have liked what I have seen on digital in the reserves.
Pudney had a great game. Whoever misses out on selection will be unlucky.

ps  I wish the club will update some player photo's profiles on the website. It looks like the SANFL controls it.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazz Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:43 pm

One to go. Who needs a game, who needs a rest? Sure the staff are on to it. If all are fresh what does our best side look like? Dunno Eagles faithfull but feel free to enlighten me!
Gazz
Gazz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thebby Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:05 pm

Lonergan a fitness risk in finals unfortunately. We can't afford to be a player down at half time in a final. I'd rest Redden this week at Eliz, he has to play in finals for us to win as West just isn't up to it.
Thebby
Thebby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next