Aerie
Headfan
Goddsy11
whybother
Mickyj
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

West v Eagles July 20 Hisense stadium  Empty West v Eagles July 20 Hisense stadium

Post by Mickyj Mon Jul 15, 2024 10:48 am

League 2.10 pm 
Seconds 11.30 pm 
Injury list 
Sam NichollsShoulder2-3 weeks
Zane WilliamsHandAvailable
Bailey HannIllnessAvailable
Will PearceAnkleTest
Patrick WeckertQuad1-2 weeks
Seb MentaAnkleAvailable
Josh CapogrecoShinAvailable
Patrick TooleAnkleTBC
David Brinker-RitchieKneeIndefinite
Daniel SladojevicBackIndefinite
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

West v Eagles July 20 Hisense stadium  Empty Re: West v Eagles July 20 Hisense stadium

Post by Mickyj Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:10 pm

Interesting ins and out this week 

In: Bruce, Cooke, Hansen Lukac, Neumann, Williams
Out: Firns (Overseas), Redden (Managed), West (omit)

New: Blake Hansen (Port District)
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

West v Eagles July 20 Hisense stadium  Empty Re: West v Eagles July 20 Hisense stadium

Post by whybother Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:34 pm

Well, quite a few potential changes. Time will tell. If a previous post was correct, the Bruce is returning to the farm next year, then why put him up for a league spot?
I like his toughness and enthusiasm, but....
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:54 pm

whybother wrote:Well, quite a few potential changes. Time will tell. If a previous post was correct, the Bruce is returning to the farm next year, then why put him up for a league spot?
I like his toughness and enthusiasm, but....
Yeah well Redden is being rested so hopefully Lukac plays 
Cooke up forward another bonus
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:12 pm

The teams 

EAGLES
League
F: Beattie, Menzel, Goldsworthy
HF: McKay, Cooke, Buck
C: McFarlane, Rowe, Rowland
HB: Morris, Moore, Sinor
B: Litster, Thompson, Fleeton

R: Ballenden, D’Aloia, Knight
INT: Wheare, Williams, Bruce, Hansen, Neumann, Herbert, Lukac
IN: Bruce, Cooke, Hansen, Lukac, Neumann, Williams
OUT: Firns (overseas), Redden (managed), West
NEW: Blake Hansen (Port District)

Reserves
F: Pearce, Boyd, Mair
HF: Barkla, Blair, Jackson
C: Davey, Mawson, McGrath
HB: Andrews, Ueding, Wollogorang
B: Tilbrook, Dawkins, Angove

R: Hansen, Hann, Fairall
INT: Niemann, Norman, Charles, Watson

Under-18
F: Russell-Swansson, Gray, Peucker
HF: Sumner, West, Ebert
C: Edwards, Phillipou, Sands
HB: Dodd, Kilpatrick, Cook
B: Hankins, Delmenico, Pearce

R: Luck, Hasting, Schwarz
INT: Chalubek, Farrugia, Hawker, Lucas, Parisi, Stockman

Under-16
F: Maddern, Menta, Zerella
HF: Scheuffele, Marshall-Bates, Holdsworth
C: Southwood, Leys, Stokes
HB: Rowe, Harris, Buckskin
B: Trotter, Grieger, Madigan

R: Marks, Szklarz, Wolthers
INT: Adam, Bigg, Carey, Clay, Dohnt, J. Lucas, White, Watson
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:30 pm

Hansen Named in the 2's as well. Lukacs to ruck I suppose. Wheare hasnt done much like we expected him to do.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Headfan Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:56 pm

Goddsy11 wrote:Hansen Named in the 2's as well. Lukacs to ruck I suppose. Wheare hasnt done much like we expected him to do.

What about Troy Menzel? Keeps getting picked.
Good to see Zane back. Was starting to show good form before injury.
What’s the story with Firns overseas? Is he trying out with Man U?
BTW what a fall from grace by Jay Watson - from budding league player to Reserves 4th interchange?
Headfan
Headfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Thu Jul 18, 2024 7:53 pm

I think they persist with Wheare after his couple of goals in the last quarter last week. Herbert definitely plays.

Lukac in for Redden.
Cooke in for West.
Williams in for Firns.

Bruce is the most obvious like for like replacement for Firns, but we could do with more running power and our defence is already stacked with big bodies to cover Firns absence.

Must win!
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Jul 18, 2024 8:14 pm

Goddsy11 wrote:Hansen Named in the 2's as well. Lukacs to ruck I suppose. Wheare hasnt done much like we expected him to do.

I think you may find G Hansen in the seconds Blake Hansen in the league 
G Hansen under 18s player
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Jul 18, 2024 8:16 pm

I think you will find that "Hansen" are two different players.
Hansen in the reserves is the ruckman from the U18s, has played a couple of reserves games.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Jul 18, 2024 8:19 pm

Headfan wrote:

What about Troy Menzel?  Keeps getting picked.
What’s the story with Firns overseas?  Is he trying out with Man U?
BTW what a fall from grace by Jay Watson - from budding league player to Reserves 4th interchange?

Think Firns is O/S at a wedding, and a bit later on in the season I think D'Aloia falls to the same fate.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Thu Jul 18, 2024 9:18 pm

If its D'Aloia I hope it is his to a local girl and comes back, tied to the state and the Eagles
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Jul 19, 2024 7:52 am

whybother wrote:If its D'Aloia I hope it is his to a local girl and comes back, tied to the state and the Eagles

Sister's wedding.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Jul 19, 2024 3:37 pm

Wimpy or anyone, what do you think has happened to our fluent high scoring attacking match game of the first 5 matches. We can't score a goal at the moment.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Fri Jul 19, 2024 3:59 pm

I think in part that other sides have worked Reddern out. At times he seems like a "one trick pony", just dropping the ball at his feet, and our mids are not taking ball away.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Jul 19, 2024 5:18 pm

whybother wrote:I think in part that other sides have worked Reddern out. At times he seems like a "one trick pony", just dropping the ball at his feet, and our mids are not taking ball away.
True and us out in the outer keep saying punch the ball .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Fri Jul 19, 2024 5:32 pm

[quote="wimpy"]
Headfan wrote:

What about Troy Menzel?  Keeps getting picked.
What’s the story with Firns overseas?  Is he trying out with Man U?

Think Firns is O/S at a wedding, and a bit later on in the season I think D'Aloia falls to the same fate. Firns for 2 weeks and Adam doesn't miss any games as I've asked a board member here at wheelchair footy.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Fri Jul 19, 2024 5:33 pm

Goddsy11 wrote:Wimpy or anyone, what do you think has happened to our fluent high scoring attacking match game of the first 5 matches. We can't score a goal at the moment.

Three words - no Luke Beecken
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Fri Jul 19, 2024 5:45 pm

Titan2 wrote:
Goddsy11 wrote:Wimpy or anyone, what do you think has happened to our fluent high scoring attacking match game of the first 5 matches. We can't score a goal at the moment.

Three words - no Luke Beecken

To further expand - his run and carry together with long pinpoint passing was absolutely critical for our structure and to get it to our forwards. To a lesser extent Morris was and continues to do this but his disposal probably isn't as tidy and he doesn't gather as many possessions as Beecken was. If you look at our backline - Thompson, Firns, Litster, Rowland, Moore - none of them are run and carry players and their kicking, while not necessarily inaccurate, is slow and has too much air.

Then you go further up the field - Rowe is a pretty good kick but not a run and carry player and does mostly short kicks. Sinor and D'Aloia are more 'in and under players' but their kicking is also slow and short. Williams can go long but is unreliable and sprays his kicks. Knights and McKay are good long kicks but both have been badly out of form for a while and not getting enough of the ball. Similarly Beattie has been a non-entity.

With all that it makes it very hard for any player in our forward line to get the fast and accurate delivery they require when they break free on a lead and then the easy shot at goal. Instead, we are relying on them to make something when the ball is bombed in. This is why the goals have dried up.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Jul 19, 2024 6:18 pm

Just got some news from a forum member 
Herbert is out and Watson has the flu, and B. Hansen will be in if required to
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Fri Jul 19, 2024 6:48 pm

[quote="whybother"]I think in part that other sides have worked Reddern out. At times he seems like a "one trick pony", just dropping the ball at his feet, and our mids are not taking ball away.[/quote]

I smile at the above comment - unfair criticism of Redden. Surely. if the opposition midfielders are reading the ball off Redden's hands, are our midfielders incapable of doing the same and getting at least 50% of his "readable taps" and all of the other 25% plus of his non-readable taps? No! Blame our midfielders. Our system and talent around the centrebounces is such that we rarely gather and attack out the front of the centre throwups instead coming out sideways or backwards (contrast in recent weeks against Sturt and Glenelg)

There's a lot of work to be done !

Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Fri Jul 19, 2024 7:11 pm

Yes Premiers: but you have specified the indictment of our whole midfield setup.Maybe Redden (or rucks) can just whack the ball forward towards our goal, and have the mids run onto it.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Jul 19, 2024 7:36 pm

whybother wrote:Yes Premiers: but you have specified the indictment of our whole midfield setup.Maybe Redden (or rucks) can just whack the ball forward towards our goal, and have the mids run onto it.

Exactly do it differently sometimes
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:12 pm

Methinks that the weather is going to play a great role in tomorrows game
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:35 pm

[quote="Mickyj"]Just got some news from a forum member 
Herbert is out and Watson has the flu, and B. Hansen will be in if required to.
I'm the member who asked the ceo re tomorrow's team. He said no secrets when said I'm probably not meant to know. He said G. Hansen is in reserves and he thought same as Niemann and yes it's confirmed that the Hansen's aren't related to each other as i ashed the ceo which i didn't think they were. I was at wheelchair footy when we were talking about tomorrow.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next