Aerie
Headfan
Goddsy11
whybother
Mickyj
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

West v Eagles July 20 Hisense stadium  - Page 2 Empty Re: West v Eagles July 20 Hisense stadium

Post by Mickyj Sat Jul 20, 2024 11:29 am

Wheare is in the seconds I just got to Richmond
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

West v Eagles July 20 Hisense stadium  - Page 2 Empty Re: West v Eagles July 20 Hisense stadium

Post by whybother Sat Jul 20, 2024 11:34 am

Thanks Mickyj. From team list for seconds, I see that Lukak NOT named in twos, but Bruce is.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jul 20, 2024 11:57 am

whybother wrote:Thanks Mickyj. From team list for seconds, I see that Lukak NOT named in twos, but Bruce is.
I’ll have to look for him I’m not sitting near the players group
Yep playing full back I think
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Jul 20, 2024 3:27 pm

Not looking good at 1/2 time. I hate matches against West and South.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Sat Jul 20, 2024 4:03 pm

Goddsy11 wrote:Not looking good at 1/2 time. I hate matches against West and South.

We are so bad
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazz Sat Jul 20, 2024 4:27 pm

About 10 minutes to go as i post this. Quite possibly our worst effort in years. Sauce has said he is a relationship coach, think we need a skills and motivation coach right now. Forget finals
Gazz
Gazz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Sat Jul 20, 2024 4:32 pm

We have no depth in the club...so many players come up from the b grade and look lost ...buck keeps getting a game and is completely useless
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sat Jul 20, 2024 5:43 pm

Yep, we are just hanging on to 5th, mainly becos other teams are also losing.

"Sauce has said he is a relationship coach, think we need a skills and motivation coach right now."

I dont think a touchy-feely couach is what we need. We need a bit of fire and brimstone.

So many players dont seem to get into the game. Our forward line is a shambles.
Too small, too slow and too indecisive.

whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sat Jul 20, 2024 5:51 pm

"Forget finals". Well, we may just fall into 5th spot as North would have to win 2 more matches than us, because of our much superior %. So one more win will do it. South?
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazz Sat Jul 20, 2024 6:04 pm

Correct whybother a good old bollocking is in order.
May not be the answer but would not hurt. One of the most insipid efforts in a while and players body language and frustration with each other is obvious

Gazz
Gazz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sat Jul 20, 2024 8:23 pm

One of the worse games the club has played given what was on the line. Really poor. Blew any chance of a top 3 finish today and will be battling to play finals on that performance. We struggle on the heavy grounds at this time of year with this midfield group.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sat Jul 20, 2024 8:31 pm

MichaelScott wrote:We have no depth in the club...so many players come up from the b grade and look lost ...buck keeps getting a game and is completely useless

I think Buck, along with Menzel and Goldsworthy, shouldn’t be playing league.

If Redden has had enough of a rest, keep Lukac in the side up forward.

Get Beattie on the ball and Knight and McKay more time up forward.

If Jacobs isn’t going to give the players some honest truths then the senior players should.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:34 am

"If Jacobs isn’t going to give the players some honest truths then the senior players should."

Yes indeed. This year doesn't have to be a waste, rebuilding etc is an ongoing process. We have shown glimpses this year of what we can do. We started this year with a % of 60%!!! Its a team malaise, with it seems a lack of enthusiasm.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sun Jul 21, 2024 11:22 am

Re coach : "It was more about the marketing ploy hoping to get some old eagles slash crows supporters over who don’t care about the eagles anyway"

Interesting comment on Eagles facebook page. Anyone care to comment?
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:28 pm

whybother wrote:Re coach : "It was more about the marketing ploy hoping to get some old eagles slash crows supporters over who don’t care about the eagles anyway"

Just looked now very true 
And one post coach gave the players a holiday they are still on holidays ! Very true as well 

And the obvious one l’ll paraphrase it a little 
Third quarter we can score 2 weeks in a row
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jul 21, 2024 1:06 pm

Let me say Boyd needs to come up keep lukac in as well makes us bigger up forward to . If Redden is gone next year let the young guns lead the charge
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Jul 21, 2024 1:38 pm

whybother wrote:Re coach : "It was more about the marketing ploy hoping to get some old eagles slash crows supporters over who don’t care about the eagles anyway"

What comment?
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:12 pm

Goddsy11 wrote:

What comment?
He’s talking about the comments on our clubs Facebook page over yesterdays loss rubbish game to watch
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:20 pm

Goddsy11 wrote:

What comment?

I'll comment - not sure who wrote that but it's one of the more ridiculous things I've read.

I must admit I was was a little surprised when they chose Sauce given he had no experience coaching a team in his own right but then again I remember being extremely concerned when the club went for Sheedy when the highest level he had coached at was Amateurs!! That turned out alright.

But let's be real. It's no surprise that our form slump seems to have commenced roughly when the weather has turned bad and also with the departure of Beecken. We have a lot of good honest players but not a lot of players with genuine class and skill or with high footy IQs. When the weather has turned bad this has really exposed us. And as discussed in another post, the loss of our one and only player with class - Beecken - has badly hurt the club.

We currently have three players in the League side who ordinarily would should have been dropped weeks ago - Buck, Beattie and MacKay - but how can we do that when there is absolutely no one in the reserves who's been showing form (ok maybe Mawson but it was puzzling why he was dropped to begin with) to replace them with? So we have given them way more chances than they deserve and this has cost us badly.

Even players we drop you'd like to think they show a bit in the reserves but it becomes even more depressing watching them struggle at that level!! For example, I note that Pearce who was dropped from last week finished the day with 8 disposals and 0 goals in a winning side. Simply put - not good enough.

On Sauce - he is an inexperienced coach but one of the traits I see is that he is patient and has great faith in the team. This can work on occasion but when results aren't forthcoming the good coaches will shake things up if only to make a statement. Bringing in West for two games is a little snapshot of the type of thing that he needs to show more often. And how about positional changes. I look at Morris. His influence in the past few weeks has been sub-par but we know he is an impact player. How about throwing him forward or even onto the ball for short bursts to spice things up? Beattie has been a disaster this season but we know he has talent so why not see if he can be that rebounding defender? There is a whole range of talented U18s who should also bypass the entire reserves squad who are write-offs.

Another thing. A week or so ago, the CEO announced that a number of players had re-signed for 2025 including names like Nicholls, Buck, Dawkins, Pearce, Mair, Angove. What does this even mean and why are resigning players who need to be put under the microscope of whether they will ever be League standard? We should be making such players fight for their right to be in our squad and that means demonstrating some form. Not just handing them a guarantee that they will be in our squad and allow them to be list cloggers.

Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:32 pm

Titan2 wrote:
Goddsy11 wrote:

What comment?

I'll comment - not sure who wrote that but it's one of the more ridiculous things I've read.

I must admit I was was a little surprised when they chose Sauce given he had no experience coaching a team in his own right but then again I remember being extremely concerned when the club went for Sheedy when the highest level he had coached at was Amateurs!! That turned out alright.

But let's be real. It's no surprise that our form slump seems to have commenced roughly when the weather has turned bad and also with the departure of Beecken. We have a lot of good honest players but not a lot of players with genuine class and skill or with high footy IQs. When the weather has turned bad this has really exposed us. And as discussed in another post, the loss of our one and only player with class - Beecken - has badly hurt the club.

We currently have three players in the League side who ordinarily would should have been dropped weeks ago - Buck, Beattie and MacKay - but how can we do that when there is absolutely no one in the reserves who's been showing form (ok maybe Mawson but it was puzzling why he was dropped to begin with) to replace them with? So we have given them way more chances than they deserve and this has cost us badly.

Even players we drop you'd like to think they show a bit in the reserves but it becomes even more depressing watching them struggle at that level!! For example, I note that Pearce who was dropped from last week finished the day with 8 disposals and 0 goals in a winning side. Simply put - not good enough.

On Sauce - he is an inexperienced coach but one of the traits I see is that he is patient and has great faith in the team. This can work on occasion but when results aren't forthcoming the good coaches will shake things up if only to make a statement. Bringing in West for two games is a little snapshot of the type of thing that he needs to show more often. And how about positional changes. I look at Morris. His influence in the past few weeks has been sub-par but we know he is an impact player. How about throwing him forward or even onto the ball for short bursts to spice things up? Beattie has been a disaster this season but we know he has talent so why not see if he can be that rebounding defender? There is a whole range of talented U18s who should also bypass the entire reserves squad who are write-offs.

Another thing. A week or so ago, the CEO announced that a number of players had re-signed for 2025 including names like Nicholls, Buck, Dawkins, Pearce, Mair, Angove. What does this even mean and why are resigning players who need to be put under the microscope of whether they will ever be League standard? We should be making such players fight for their right to be in our squad and that means demonstrating some form. Not just handing them a guarantee that they will be in our squad and allow them to be list cloggers.

I mentioned yesterday at the game I was worried about signing sauce my worry was he’d been sitting in the crows SANFL coaching box sitting I’ll assume with Godden 
Yes Godden has won the flag but for our team had issues coming up with game plan B or C
You know winning games all year going out in straight sets in the finals 

So this year we played fantastic first 5 rounds . Other teams have worked us out yesterdays game many players looked like they didn’t care 
But just from what I saw surrounded by unhappy eagles fans 
We should drop players who aren’t performing or are playing with injuries but who comes in ?
That’s the big question who comes in
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:33 pm

I cant see us winning enough games now to make the 5. We play the Crows this week and are a chance considering they will have a few more out owing to senior injuries. It depends on who comes into the side. Weckert is one we need just for forward pressure. Boyd must be close.

Apart from the above-mentioned poor performers Goldy has struggled of recent and Menzel does not impact enough. Our defense is ok.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:59 pm

Goddsy11 wrote:I cant see us winning enough games now to make the 5. We play the Crows this week and are a chance considering they will have a few more out owing to senior injuries. It depends on who comes into the side. Weckert is one we need just for forward pressure. Boyd must be close.

Apart from the above-mentioned poor performers Goldy has struggled of recent and Menzel does not impact enough. Our defense is ok.
I can’t recall who it was yesterday told me Weckert is out for another 4 weeks.
Agree with you about Goldy and Menzel .
Boyd has been impressing for a few weeks bring him in change rucks up at the full forward line .
Leave CHF there not in the ruck
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:06 pm

Goddsy11 wrote:I cant see us winning enough games now to make the 5. We play the Crows this week and are a chance considering they will have a few more out owing to senior injuries. It depends on who comes into the side. Weckert is one we need just for forward pressure. Boyd must be close.

We might have enough wins for finals already. If not, one more win is probably enough. Especially if it’s this week.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Headfan Sun Jul 21, 2024 11:18 pm

Aerie wrote:

We might have enough wins for finals already. If not, one more win is probably enough. Especially if it’s this week.

Agreed Aerie. We banked enough wins early in the season. Hopefully we’ll win one or more of the next four. Teams can (and do) put in a shocker. But a combined team effort can be achieved even with a few average players contributing.
Headfan
Headfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:25 pm

Headfan wrote:
Aerie wrote:

Agreed Aerie. We banked enough wins early in the season.  Hopefully we’ll win one or more of the next four.   Teams can (and do) put in a shocker.  But a combined team effort can be achieved even with a few average players contributing.

One game and percentage in front. NA have a tough run as do we. Our destiny is in our hands, Maybe. Surprised
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next