Sat 4th july eagles v west city mazda stadium

4 posters

Go down

Sat 4th july eagles v west  city mazda stadium  Empty Sat 4th july eagles v west city mazda stadium

Post by Mickyj Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:40 pm

Big test for the Eagles. We need to atone for round 1
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sat 4th july eagles v west  city mazda stadium  Empty Re: Sat 4th july eagles v west city mazda stadium

Post by Mickyj Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:26 pm

EAGLES
Woodville-West Torrens will be without key pair Matthew Goldsworthy and Fraser Thurlow for Saturday’s contest against West at City Mazda Stadium.
In-form Goldsworthy has been sidelined by a hamstring strain while ruckman Thurlow has been restricted by a knee injury.
Midfielder Matt Appleton has been sent back to the Reserves.
Tom Schwarz, Sam Rowland and Alby Dunstan have been recalled to the 21-man line-up, with all three players named on the interchange bench.

League
F: Lewis, Wundke, McGregor
HF: C. Hall, Ainger, Poole
C: Jarrad, N. Hayes, Allmond
HB: Martyn, Raikiwasa, Von Bertouch
B: P. Raymond, Giuffreda, Batley

R: Borholm, Rowntree, Petrenko
INT: Dunstan, Schwarz, Rowland
IN: Schwarz, Dunstan, Rowland
OUT: Goldsworthy (hamstring), Thurlow (knee), Appleton

Reserves
F: Comitogianni, Lodge, M. Raymond
HF: Haylock, J. Hayes, Minney
C: Lloyd, Sinor, Ellis
HB: Enright, Templeton, Westbrook
B: Elsworthy, Heinjus, Woods

R: Baqeri, Jolly, Appleton
INT: Firns, Press, Gaffney
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sat 4th july eagles v west  city mazda stadium  Empty Re: Sat 4th july eagles v west city mazda stadium

Post by spell_check Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:58 pm

It's worrying once again those last quarters...the difference between this year and last year we are far enough ahead at 3QT. I think the side is definitely better than last year, but gee, doing that fade out in a final will surely cost us the match as it has before.

The League winning streak is now at 10; the fourth occasion this has been reached:
14 - Rd 18 1993 to Rd 7 1994
12 - Rd 3-15 2004
10 - Rd 7-17 2006
10 - Rd 3- 2015

Also, I notice the Under 18s won today, which means we are now top in all grades for the moment. Fully aware that this is July only, so enjoy the moment and move on to next week is my motto.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:19 am

Not overly concerned at this stage about the last quarter fade outs at the moment. Our first 3 quarters were pretty intense and took its toll. Also, I feel there was most probably a mental let down after being 55pts up at the last break and going for 10 wins in a row.
Considering we had 6 of our best 21/22 out, the win was an excellent one.
It proves to me that it really doesn't matter within reason how many are out if the incoming players stick to the game plan success will follow.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:30 am

Was a good win considering the outs .
West had more shots and had a lot if the ball wasted it .
I'm enjoying the sling shot handball hard running game when it works
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:57 pm

Think more can be learnt out of a result like yesterday than we would have had we gone on to win by 10 goals. A couple of free kicks inside 50 resulted in goals, seemed we got a bit handball happy and maybe got a bit cute. In the end we still won the game and considering the quality of players we had out prooves that the form of the guys in the 2's is where it needs to be when they are required, same for the under 18's who have stepped up to the twos.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down