West v Eagles 19th April 2.10 pm city mazda stadium

+3
wimpy
Mickyj
Gazz
7 posters

Go down

West v Eagles 19th April 2.10 pm city mazda stadium  Empty West v Eagles 19th April 2.10 pm city mazda stadium

Post by Mickyj Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:43 pm

League 2.10
Seconds 11.30
Womens 4.45 pm

Well what Eagles will show up this week !!
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

West v Eagles 19th April 2.10 pm city mazda stadium  Empty Re: West v Eagles 19th April 2.10 pm city mazda stadium

Post by Gazz Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:33 pm

Not sure Mickyj. Doesn't seem to be a definitive
style of play we stick to at the moment . Very patchy. It may take some time until it is obvious
and some key players to come back but we must
keep the win/loss ratio on the positive as we work
on it
Gazz
Gazz
Admin

Back to top Go down

West v Eagles 19th April 2.10 pm city mazda stadium  Empty Re: West v Eagles 19th April 2.10 pm city mazda stadium

Post by Mickyj Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:09 pm

Gazz wrote:Not sure Mickyj. Doesn't seem to be a definitive
style of play we stick to at the moment . Very patchy. It may take some time until it is obvious
and some key players to come back but we must
keep the win/loss ratio on the positive as we work
on it

Very true Gazz the seconds show flair hopefully it carries up to the league
Hopefully some of those players are back this week .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:20 am

Went to training last night. Guilhaus and N. Hayes trained with the reserves, I suspect Hayes will not play at all and Guilhaus will play reserves.
The league squad of 23 that trained included Toumpas, Lonergan, Sinor, and Giuffreda. Also, Jordan West trained with the league squad.
Missing this week will be Pickett and Mead selected to play in the Australian U18 team against Casey (VFL) on Saturday.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:04 pm

don't have the email but heres  the teams of the webpage
West v Eagles 19th April 2.10 pm city mazda stadium  Round-15West v Eagles 19th April 2.10 pm city mazda stadium  Round-16
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:23 pm

Just working through the in/out as I see them.
Lonergan , Toumpas , Giuffreda , West and JJ
outs
Kickett, Redden, Westbrook, C Gaffney  
I can not see who the 5th player is.

5 on the I/C bench suggests a couple of injuries

In "the olden days" clubs used to list ins and out. I hate the new format.

I would also have a Seb who has not played for a few week over big West.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:00 pm

goddy11 wrote:Just working through the in/out as I see them.
Lonergan , Toumpas , Giuffreda , West and JJ
outs
Kickett, Redden, Westbrook, C Gaffney  
I can not see who the 5th player is.

5 on the I/C bench suggests a couple of injuries

In "the olden days" clubs used to list ins and out. I hate the new format.

I would also have a Seb who has not played for a few week over big West.

Sinor is the other player in; that leaves 6 in for the extended interchange and 4 out
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:48 pm

Don't know what has happened to Redden, trained with the league and looked OK. I left before the end of training, maybe something happened late. West was training with the league squad from the start, could it be a planned rest?
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:04 pm

wimpy wrote:Don't know what has happened to Redden, trained with the league and looked OK. I left before the end of training, maybe something happened late. West was training with the league squad from the start, could it be a planned rest?

I spoke to another eagles fan he has no idea why redden is not playing .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:38 pm

From the SANFL website. A much better list presentation IMHO. Poole is out. Missed that. Missed it earlier C Gaffney is on the bench.. Young Westbrook with an ankle. I thought he done a knee last week. Small mercies.

EAGLES
Woodville-West Torrens will welcome back a favourite son for the Good Friday clash with West.
2011 premiership player Jimmy Toumpas will play his first game in the Eagles’ tri-colours since Round 8 2012 after recovering from minor ankle surgery which restricted his pre-season.
Toumpas has been joined by co-captain Pat Giuffreda, former Gold Goast Sun Jesse Lonergan, ruckman Jordan West, goalsneak Jake Johansen and running defender Joseph Sinor.
West will replace Jarrad Redden who has a heel problem while Angus Poole (quad) and Jake Westbrook (ankle) have injury complaints.
Exciting teenager Kysaiah Pickett has been called up for AFL Academy duty.
League
F: Haylock, J. Hayes, Rowe
HF: Petrenko, Von Bertouch, Lonergan
C: Boyd, Foote, Hall
HB: Toumpas, Thompson, Goldsworthy
B: Rowland, Giuffreda, J. Gaffney

R: West, Firns, Sharrad
INT: Johansen, Sinor, Heinjus, Lewis, C. Gaffney
IN: Toumpas, Lonergan, West, Johansen, Sinor, Giuffreda
OUT: J. Redden (heel), Poole (quad), Westbrook (ankle), Pickett (AFL Academy)
Reserves
Comitogianni, Weidemann, Lee, Nason, Cook, E. Miller, X. Redden, Wehr, House, Brill, Bruce, Morgan, Guilhaus, McPherson, Davis, Moore, McLeod, Langcake, McNeil, Coff.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:08 pm

Why was Guilhaus not playing?...we all saw enough of West a couple of weeks ago...he cannot play.. dead set z grader along with Firns...both these guys wouldn't get a game at Henley...Haylock would be the softest player ever to pull on an eagles jumper..its an absolute disgrace that he keeps getting selected
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:24 pm

Cant see the Eagles doing much this year on the performances so far.
Too slow, handball happy, refuse to kick the ball and when they do miss targets hopelessly
Haven't seen them play thus bad for a long time
Gonna be a long season for Eagles supporters
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:37 pm

I must be honest I walked out at 3/4 time .’
Eagles look lost disheartened disheveled
Eagles also look old and slow and no pace
Eagles playing a game style from 15 years ago
Eagles needed forwards we didn’t recruit any
Eagles needed a second ruck not another ruck like Redden
This year we will struggle
Time to wield an axe and play the younger kids
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:40 pm

MichaelScott wrote:Why was Guilhaus not playing?...we all saw enough of West a couple of weeks ago...he cannot play.. dead set z grader along with Firns...both these guys wouldn't get a game at Henley...Haylock would be the softest player ever to pull on an eagles jumper..its an absolute disgrace that he keeps getting selected

Agree with you comment on the Seb omission. West is a lost cause. Seb had 37 hit outs and 15 disposals in the 2's. A bad day for us.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:27 am

Reddeer wrote:Cant see the Eagles doing much this year on the performances so far.
Too slow, handball happy, refuse to kick the ball and when they do miss targets hopelessly

I'm starting to lose my faith, the Eagles must be the most unbalanced team in the comp. No height, no pace, no forwards, no skills and no cohesive game plan. The Bloods absolutely slaughtered the Eagles around the packs, their clearance work was excellent. Surely we can implement a forward plan where we can hit a few free targets, W.A. killed us in this area. WE NEED RUNNERS. I think Boyd and Johansen have just about come to the end of their useful time. Comitogianni and Wehr must be looked at, at least they can run.
From the start of the reserves it could be seen that the WAFC were up and about for both games.
W.A. 0 and 4 and Colville coaching against his old club it was recipe for disaster for the Eagles.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:31 am

wimpy wrote:
Reddeer wrote:Cant see the Eagles doing much this year on the performances so far.

I'm starting to lose my faith, the Eagles must be the most unbalanced team in the comp. No height, no pace, no forwards, no skills and no cohesive game plan. The Bloods absolutely slaughtered the Eagles around the packs, their clearance work was excellent. Surely we can implement a forward plan where we can hit a few free targets, W.A. killed us in this area. WE NEED RUNNERS. I think Boyd and Johansen have just about come to the end of their useful time. Comitogianni and Wehr must be looked at, at least they can run.
From the start of the reserves it could be seen that the WAFC were up and about for both games.
W.A. 0 and 4 and Colville coaching against his old club it was  recipe for disaster for the Eagles.

Totally agree with you wimpy
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down