Aerie
35Eagles
whybother
Goddsy11
Mickyj
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Eagles v South Maughan Thiem Kia oval 11 May - Page 3 Empty Re: Eagles v South Maughan Thiem Kia oval 11 May

Post by whybother Sun May 12, 2024 12:12 pm

I think that the "criticisms" of the players is a bit unfair as I am sure that they are all doing their best. After all, they are not professional and only part-timers. They all have lives outside of football: they have to earn a living and deal with all the difficulties of daily life, and make-do with slight injuries. No luxury of days off to rest and recuperate. Sometimes I think we judge them by the standard of AFL players who have their entire life regulated by their AFL club.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Eagles v South Maughan Thiem Kia oval 11 May - Page 3 Empty Re: Eagles v South Maughan Thiem Kia oval 11 May

Post by MichaelScott Sun May 12, 2024 12:35 pm

wimpy wrote:It's good to have a really close, hard match that can highlight deficiencies.
Our last half a dozen or so players on our league list are very average. We keep chopping and changing with them but not finding any that can prove themselves at league level. Hann and Barkla are just not good enough. When we are forced to play Rowlands on the wing it shows how deficient we are with good running players. Neumann and Nicholls have to improve their games if they wish to regain a league spot.
The last two games by McFarlane has shown he possibly has something to give but has died badly in the second halves, he lacks match fitness.
The last three matches by Buck have been poor in fact very poor, the opposition sit a small quick on him and he gets stifled. The disappointing part of Buck's game has been his inability to stick tackles. Yesterday he was abysmal in trying to execute tackles, tackling was one of his strengths.
I thought Mawson started to show something in the reserves but also needs to regain match fitness after his hip injury.
We are desperately in need of Knight and Beattie.
This season will be a good learning experience for Jacobs and it will give him a good idea of the areas we need to strengthen/recruit in.  
Any way we are 5-1 which we thought at the start of the season would have been a dream, and out of reach. Let's hope with a fortnight off we can get back to some good football.

Totally agree with you with these comments ...pretty well spot on...that missed tackle by buck at half back that cost us a goal got them going.
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sun May 12, 2024 1:11 pm

The boys still have to train on Friday night so I'm wondering unless state players how much time off they're going to get away from footy.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun May 12, 2024 1:28 pm

wimpy wrote:
Premiers wrote:Hey Wimpy!  Don't write off Barkla yet - he's my little gem amongst the roughness, emerging. Sure- he's not turning heads with 8 -10 disposals but that will improve. He's been coming off the bench a bit, kicked 3-4 important goals for us in recent weeks. Has pace, elusive, good kick, courage. At Seconds level, he is a 25 disposal class player and just needs a breakout league performance to set him off. Having said that, he may well be dropped next match but he'll return.Only aged approx 20 years .
Putting my "Spotters" reputation on the line with this kid.!! (Haha!)

I still think Williams is better!!!!  I thought going in to his second year in the SANFL league Barkla would have produced more. I suppose I will just have to wait and see if he can improve.

Wimpy, this season should be classed as Barkla's first - last year, he was pushed up into Port Power's sanfl list before his time because he was a developmental player on Power list. At any other club than Power or Crows, he would have likely played Seconds entire 2023 or topend U18.
Also, I agree with you - Williams is better of course. I made no mention of any comparison.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun May 12, 2024 1:41 pm

What happening to the U18s and U16s. Shocked
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun May 12, 2024 3:15 pm

Goddsy11 wrote:What happening to the U18s and U16s. Shocked
Eagles had largest number of any club in the U18 State Academy/Squad and these players are tied up with those commitments. We'll see them back after the State Championship - hopefully, the Eagle U18s can win a few games without them and not be out of contention by the time they become available. Charlie West is reported to be ruled out of the early State matches due to groin injury.
Noticed Oscar Pearce 198cm CHB had 19 kicks 2 hand passes 5 marks rated 2nd with RP for Eagles in his first game return from serious injury - hopefully, he can progress to challenge for a League spot in 2025
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun May 12, 2024 9:55 pm

Goddsy11 wrote:What happening to the U18s and U16s. Shocked

Don't know about the 16's but for the game against Norwood last weekend I believe the 18's had 10 changes, at a quick count looks like there could have been 9 or 10 changes again for this week against Sturt. They are in good hands with Shane and the team but don't know how they keep track with that many changes every week.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon May 13, 2024 8:38 am

The U18's are being killed by lots of happenings outside their control. Injuries (Luck), State commitments and Welsh's ridiculous premature alignment to the Crows have slaughtered our U18's season, let's hope they can regather themselves after the Championships.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon May 13, 2024 8:50 am

whybother wrote:I think that the "criticisms" of the players is a bit unfair as I am sure that they are all doing their best. After all, they are not professional and only part-timers. They all have lives outside of football: they have to earn a living and deal with all the difficulties of daily life, and make-do with slight injuries. No luxury of days off to rest and recuperate. Sometimes I think we judge them by the standard of AFL players who have their entire life regulated by their AFL club.

I realise the players are doing their best and their commitment to their jobs and playing football is much more onerous than AFL players commitment to their main income. All I wanted to point out is that we are 5-1 and this looks great but we are coming off two seasons of finishing 7th and 8th, and the club can't afford to sit back. We can always improve. Our next three matches against Glenelg, Norwood and Centrals this will show how well we are going. I am pleased with the situation we are currently in, but being over confident and complacent has no place in a sporting team.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

Injury list

Cameron Fleeton
Concussion
2-3 weeks
Max Litster
Knee
Available
Riley Knight
Calf
Available
Max Beattie
Ankle
Test
Jack Boyd
Medical
Test
Charlie Blair
Knee
2 weeks
Josh Capogreco
Shin
4 weeks
Lukas Cooke
Wrist
5 weeks
Jake Andrews
Shoulder
6 weeks
David Brinker-Ritchie
Knee
Indefinite
Daniel Sladojevic
Back
Indefinite
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Mon May 13, 2024 7:00 pm

[quote="Mickyj"]Injury list

Cameron Fleeton
Concussion
2-3 weeks
Max Litster
Knee
Available
Riley Knight
Calf
Available
Max Beattie
Ankle
Test
Jack Boyd
Medical
Test
Charlie Blair
Knee
2 weeks
Josh Capogreco
Shin
4 weeks
Lukas Cooke
Wrist
5 weeks
Jake Andrews
Shoulder
6 weeks
David Brinker-Ritchie
Knee
Indefinite
Daniel Sladojevic
Back
Indefinite

I'm surprised no Hudson as the first year senior players told me that Darcy got concussion on Saturday night. When asking if he's coming up to presentations. Does anyone know why Archie Charles didn't play for his local club on the weekend as he was dropped. I asked him how he went and said that he didn't play after i said Archie and he asked me how i was before we got into that conversation as they had the function on i didn't have a opportunity to ask him why he didn't play.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3