Eagles v South Sat May 8 Maughan Thiem Kia Oval

+2
Aerie
Mickyj
6 posters

Go down

Eagles v South Sat May 8 Maughan Thiem Kia Oval Empty Eagles v South Sat May 8 Maughan Thiem Kia Oval

Post by Mickyj Wed May 05, 2021 5:39 am

Seconds 11.30
League 2.10

Home game hopefully we have players back and can find winning form again
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eagles v South Sat May 8 Maughan Thiem Kia Oval Empty Re: Eagles v South Sat May 8 Maughan Thiem Kia Oval

Post by Aerie Thu May 06, 2021 12:31 pm

Big game! Feels like we're limping in to the first bye (state game) of the season. A win here against a fellow top 3 contender puts us in an excellent position and an opportunity to filter some players back in after the bye against West and Norwood. A loss and all of a sudden those games after the bye become must wins to get the season back on track. South in much the same position as us coming off a loss last week. Even at home and despite their loss last week - you'd think South would go in favourites.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Eagles v South Sat May 8 Maughan Thiem Kia Oval Empty Re: Eagles v South Sat May 8 Maughan Thiem Kia Oval

Post by Mickyj Thu May 06, 2021 12:40 pm

Yep Aerie I agree south would have to be favourites
Eagles issues in the Ruck still ongoing
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu May 06, 2021 6:25 pm

EAGLES

The Eagles potency has been booted ahead of its game against South at Maughan Thiem Kia Oval.

Star forward Jack Hayes (calf) has recovered while Clay Cameron returns to the half-forward line with Daniel Menzel on the extended bench.

Experienced midfielder Jesse Lonergan is in the squad of 25 along with possible AAMI Rookie Luke Beecken (20, 185cm and 74kg).

Nick Moore and Mitch Hardie were omitted from the side which lost to Port in Round 5.

League

F: Stengle, Hayes, Williams

HF: T. Menzel, Von Bertouch, Cameron

C: Toumpas, Tsitas, Pudney

HB: Goldsworthy, Thompson, Rowland

B: Jungfer, Giuffreda, Mead

R: Redden, Sinor, Knight

INT: Seymour, Poole, Sharman, Firns, Lonergan, D. Menzel, Beecken

IN: Beecken, Cameron, Hayes, Lonergan, D. Menzel

OUT: Moore, Hardie

NEW: Luke Beecken (SMOSH West Lakes)

MILESTONE: Riley Knight 50 games, Jack Firns 50 games

Reserves
Mills, Haylock, Moore, Kerrish, Lee, Schmusch, Hardie, Bruce, Gaffney, Morgan, Dawkins, Michael, Asfaha, Hoile, Buck, Litster, Kasianowicz, Jackson, Lukac, Wheare

Under-18
F: Pitman, Harnas, Carter
HF: Murphy, B. Schwartz, Pearce
C: Launer, Nicholls, Watson
HB: Thomson, Hunter-Price, Battle
B: Hansen, Ueding, Wollogorang

R: Phillips, Phillipou, Neumann
INT: Barkla, Calvett, Day, Dosljak, Goldie, Mitzithras
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri May 07, 2021 9:33 am

I notice that Jase Burgoyne has been named to play for PA Magpies in the SANFL on Saturday. Are we a charity organization now allowing our players to be farmed out to our rivals.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri May 07, 2021 11:55 am

goddy11 wrote:I notice that Jase Burgoyne has been named to play for PA Magpies in the SANFL on Saturday. Are we a charity organization now allowing our players to be farmed out to our rivals.

I am not happy about this Port people are happy as Larry over it .
I hope we get a transfer fee or something from this .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri May 07, 2021 1:54 pm

It seems the Eagles may receive $2500. Is this worth it based on image to the club

AFL approved Next Generation Academy (NGA) and Father Son players can be temporarily permitted during their 18th and 19th years (the years in which they are eligible for drafting with concessions) if nominated by the AFL club they are aligned to. It should be noted that this is subject to the player electing and agreeing to being nominated by AFC and PAFC for temporary permit.
In the 18th year, such a player can be permitted for a period of four games, but will not be eligible for a permit if they have already played League Football at their SANFL club. The SANFL Club will receive a fee in the sum of $2,500.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri May 07, 2021 2:02 pm

goddy11 wrote:It seems the Eagles may receive $2500. Is this worth it based on image to the club

AFL approved Next Generation Academy (NGA) and Father Son players can be temporarily permitted during their 18th and 19th years (the years in which they are eligible for drafting with concessions) if nominated by the AFL club they are aligned to. It should be noted that this is subject to the player electing and agreeing to being nominated by AFC and PAFC for temporary permit.
In the 18th year, such a player can be permitted for a period of four games, but will not be eligible for a permit if they have already played League Football at their SANFL club. The SANFL Club will receive a fee in the sum of $2,500.

Not happy about this though
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun May 09, 2021 4:51 pm

I’ve gone quiet on yesterday’s game not happy
I hope when we play west that one of the talls in the seconds is brought up to help out with the ruck duties
And extra goal kicking practice
Help down back to
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sun May 09, 2021 9:56 pm

Seems like a good chance for Burgoyne to get some league experience. If he shows something in those 4 games, he could be useful for us come the end of the year. Plus we get $2500. I’m sure if he was on the cusp of league selection he wouldn’t be cleared to Port.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun May 09, 2021 10:43 pm

Aerie wrote:Seems like a good chance for Burgoyne to get some league experience. If he shows something in those 4 games, he could be useful for us come the end of the year. Plus we get $2500. I’m sure if he was on the cusp of league selection he wouldn’t be cleared to Port.

I agree Aerie, he has only played 2 under 18's games this season (Round 2 and 5), he won't be playing against us and the club has agreed to it, had he played league it couldn't happen and suspect it wouldn't have if he was on the radar, and as you said if he shows a bit over the 4 weeks it gives another option towards the end of the year.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon May 10, 2021 7:45 am

Mickyj wrote:I’ve gone quiet on yesterday’s game not happy
I hope when we play west that one of the talls in the seconds is brought up to help out with the ruck duties
Help down back to

What ruckman in the reserves is good enough to play league!!!!

I think Goldy has to go back, not enough experience down there. Need Kobe Mutch to recover to play wing so Goldy can go back.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon May 10, 2021 8:18 am

wimpy wrote:
Mickyj wrote:I’ve gone quiet on yesterday’s game not happy
Help down back to

What ruckman in the reserves is good enough to play league!!!!

I think Goldy has to go back, not enough experience down there. Need Kobe Mutch to recover to play wing so Goldy can go back.

Whether they are good enough isn’t the whole question we need height in the ruck . Someone to help either Redden or Hayes . Surely Michael’s can play second ruck leave Hayes up forward .
We lack something in the middle we did against south.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon May 10, 2021 12:38 pm

Against Sturt reserves Michael got easily beaten by the young Sturt ruckmen, not tall enough and doesn't jump. West would be 2-3 weeks away, he is our best hope.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Mon May 10, 2021 1:21 pm

Saw Jordan West walking around Coles Findon on Sunday. Still had a slight limp so suspect he'll still be a while.
On a brighter note, he had a very fine young Lady accompanying him around the shop.
He picked the Apples out while she chose the Banana's and Cumquats.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon May 10, 2021 1:38 pm

wimpy wrote:Against Sturt reserves Michael got easily beaten by the young Sturt ruckmen, not tall enough and doesn't jump. West would be 2-3 weeks away, he is our best hope.

True but we need someone?
A fan told me about a recruit called Lambert played full back two games got injured any clue on when he’s returning
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue May 11, 2021 7:52 pm

LONG TERM INJURY PROGRESS
Connor McLeod
Collarbone
3-4 Weeks
Jordan West
Knee
2-3 Weeks
Jake Comitogianni
Jaw
1 Week
Kobe Mutch
Shoulder
1 Week
Rory Lehmann
Hamstring
1 Week
Dale Pearce
Glute
1 Week
Rhys Mutch
Hamstring
1 Week
Dane McFarlane
Calf
1 Week
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Wed May 12, 2021 5:09 pm

Mickyj wrote:
wimpy wrote:Against Sturt reserves Michael got easily beaten by the young Sturt ruckmen, not tall enough and doesn't jump. West would be 2-3 weeks away, he is our best hope.

A fan told me about a recruit called Lambert played full back two games got injured any clue on when he’s returning

A little mixed up here. They would be referring to Rory Lehmann, has a hammy, would be close to returning. Definitely will need a run in the reserves.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed May 12, 2021 5:15 pm

wimpy wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

A little mixed up here. They would be referring to Rory Lehmann, has a hammy, would be close to returning. Definitely will need a run in the reserves.

Yes he’s an elderly fan nice guy but we all get a bit forgetful with names
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down