Eagles v South Maughan Thiem Kia Oval Saturday 1st June

4 posters

Go down

Eagles v South Maughan Thiem Kia Oval Saturday 1st June  Empty Eagles v South Maughan Thiem Kia Oval Saturday 1st June

Post by Mickyj Tue May 28, 2019 2:58 pm

Reserves 12 noon
League 2.40 pm

Feels like forever carn Eagles
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eagles v South Maughan Thiem Kia Oval Saturday 1st June  Empty Re: Eagles v South Maughan Thiem Kia Oval Saturday 1st June

Post by Goddsy11 Thu May 30, 2019 12:10 pm

We still have some injuries but none that should impact the first team. Every game from now on is important. If the Eagles play with the same passion as that against Norwood we will win.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Eagles v South Maughan Thiem Kia Oval Saturday 1st June  Empty Re: Eagles v South Maughan Thiem Kia Oval Saturday 1st June

Post by Mickyj Thu May 30, 2019 6:17 pm

EAGLES

Woodville-West Torrens coach Sam Lonergan is keeping his selection options open in the lead up to the match against South on Saturday.

Three players have been included in the 23-man squad, with all three inclusions named on the extended interchange bench.

Of those, veteran wingman Chris Hall looms as the most likely to return after overcoming a foot injury.

Hall’s likely inclusion comes at the expense of utility Sam Rowland, who has been sent back to the Reserves.

Journeyman ruck Seb Guilhaus and rover Jake Comitogianni have also been called up to the League squad.

League

F: Von Bertouch, N. Hayes, Rowe

HF: Poole, J. Hayes, Johansen

C: Petrenko, Foote, Sinor

HB: Toumpas, Thompson, J. Gaffney

B: Goldsworthy, Giuffreda, C. Gaffney

R: J. Redden, Lonergan, Sharrad

INT: Hall, Comitogianni, Firns, Guilhaus, Moore

IN: Guilhaus, Hall, Comitogianni

OUT: Rowland

Reserves
Boyd, Haylock, Lee, Nason, Cook, West, E. Miller, Rowland, Schmusch, X. Redden, Wehr, House, Brill, Bruce, Morgan, McPherson, McLeod, Westbrook, Armfield, Mead, Pedlar.

Under-18
F: Gaze, Morris, Pearce
HF: Barnett, Coff, Francis
C: Frederick, Beecken, Jackson
HB: Hoile, Jones, Lock
B: C. Smith, McNeilly, Z. Williams

R: Phillips, Schoenberg, McNeil
INT: Carter, Kennedy, McCann, Nicholas, Puzzuoli, Scott, R. Williams
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu May 30, 2019 7:22 pm

Surely its time for big Seb. Boyd certainly on the outer.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu May 30, 2019 7:22 pm

Surely its time for big Seb. Boyd certainly on the outer.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri May 31, 2019 5:40 am

goddy11 wrote:Surely its time for big Seb. Boyd certainly on the outer.

I’ve been calling that for weeks
And Toumpas on a wing or midfield
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:23 am

Good win by the team.SL has fixed the defense and the rest will fix itself. I could not go as I was ill so watched it on tele.
We seem to have more positive midfield movement without Boyd. He still has something to offer but we have too many like him. C Gaffney looks good. Similar to Rowey. Need to fix that goal kicking though. JJ is an enigma, he seems to wait for the loose ball to come to him.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:48 am

goddy11 wrote:Good win by the team.SL has fixed the defense and the rest will fix itself. I could not go as I was ill so watched it on tele.
We seem to have more positive midfield movement without Boyd. He still has something to offer but we have too many like him. C Gaffney looks good. Similar to Rowey. Need to fix that goal kicking though. JJ is an enigma, he seems to wait for the loose ball to come to him.

I’m the same as you goddy I was sick as a dog watched most of it on the telly
Could Boyd or Hall come in to fill in for Toumpas?
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:29 pm

Mickyj wrote:
goddy11 wrote:Good win by the team.SL has fixed the defense and the rest will fix itself. I could not go as I was ill so watched it on tele.

Boyd is a class player but our match ups need to remain. If he comes in its for JJ or Poole.
I like our 2 ruck option. We have been calling for it a while. Seb is one character after seeing his after match interview.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:43 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

Boyd is a class player but our match ups need to remain. If he comes in its for JJ or Poole.
I like our 2 ruck option. We have been calling for it a while. Seb is one character after seeing his after match interview.

It’s great to win 2 in a row and see what the coach said in the Sunday mail
Nothing has changed the players are just growing as the year goes on or like that
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:32 pm

Apart from JT , I think Rowey may be in some doubt. That shoulder looked bad. Great he played through it. Nick Moore did not do much, was he injured.
Gus may need a please explain for a sling tackle?
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:53 pm

goddy11 wrote:Apart from JT , I think Rowey may be in some doubt. That shoulder looked bad. Great he played through it. Nick Moore did not do much, was he injured.
Gus may need a please explain for a sling tackle?

There’s been posts I’ve seen on a footy forum and Facebook questioning that for not being a free.
I can’t reply on that forum seeing I appear blocked
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:50 am

By ZAC MILBANK

It won’t happen overnight but it will happen.

It is a well worn saying but it couldn’t be more fitting to describe Woodville-West Torrens’ start to the season after it accounted for South Adelaide by 42 points at Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval on Saturday.

New Eagles coach Sam Lonergan has been introducing new facets to his team’s gameplan after Michael Godden’s nine-year tenure finished at the end of 2018.

After winning their opening game of the season against North, the Eagles went on a rare five-match losing streak as they grappled with Lonergan’s instructions.

But after stringing together wins against top-five teams Norwood and South in successive weeks, it’s fair to say the boys at Oval Avenue are now finding their way.

”It’s taken some time to adjust to the new structures but that’s two wins in a row now so we look forward to taking on Central next week,” Eagles forward Nick Hayes told Channel 7 after the match.

Eagles ruckman Seb Guilhaus echoed Hayes’ thoughts.

”We’ve been implementing some new structures and plans and we are really starting to gel now which is awesome,” Guilhaus said.

After a slow start against the Panthers, which yielded just four behinds in the opening term, the hosts clicked into action during the second quarter to lead by a point at the main change.

And this was despite losing star recruit Jimmy Toumpas for the rest of the match after he injured his hamstring before quarter-time.

Then, the two men who spent time on the interchange bench with injury concerns in James Rowe (shoulder) and Jordan Foote (leg), played major roles arresting the momentum in the Eagles’ favour.

Rowe sprang to life with a third-quarter purple patch which resulted in kicking two goals himself and setting up Nick Hayes with an unselfish centering pass from the forward pocket.

Suddenly, the margin stretched out to 26 points nearing three-quarter time as Foote went to work in constructing the opening two goals of the fourth quarter.

The former Sydney Swan, who finished with 27 disposals, created consecutive goals for Louis Sharrad and Matt Goldsworthy to give the Eagles a match-winning 32-point break 10 minutes into the final stanza.

Goldsworthy, Sharrad and Jared Petrenko were also influential in the positive result for the Eagles while experienced ruckman Jarrad Redden tallied 18 possessions and 23 hit outs as he made the most of the absence of South bigman Michael Knoll, who was selected in the AFL Mid-Season Draft.

Raw South ruckman Cameron McGree showed flashes of great flexibility at ground level to tally 12 disposals in just his second Statewide Super League game.

Panthers co-captain Joel Cross finished with 32 disposals after having 17 at the main change as he filled his stat sheet with 11 marks, five tackles and eight clearances.

But South will be forced to regroup ahead of its next clash with Norwood on the Queen’s Birthday Holiday Monday.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:40 pm

In a strange upset the U18's lost their first game. Maybe low on players with state teams.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:49 pm

Latest Injuries

Eagles v South Maughan Thiem Kia Oval Saturday 1st June  Captur10
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:03 pm

goddy11 wrote:Latest Injuries

Eagles v South Maughan Thiem Kia Oval Saturday 1st June  Captur10

Long list
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:04 pm

goddy11 wrote:In a strange upset the U18's lost their first game. Maybe low on players with state teams.

I wondered that and thought Pickett isn’t around must be state footy .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:50 am

goddy11 wrote:In a strange upset the U18's lost their first game. Maybe low on players with state teams.

I think the Panthers had been waiting for this match for sometime..........revenge for the Eagles narrowly beating them in last years U18 preliminary and Grand Final.

Last edited by wimpy on Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:51 am

Mickyj wrote:

I wondered that and thought Pickett isn’t around must be state footy .

Pickett has been required to play private school footy.
Our U18 state team players will be missing for sometime now.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:52 pm

The club's best players Vs South Adelaide:
1) J. Sinor
2) J. Petrenko
3) M. G'Worthy
4) J. Redden
5) J. Foote
6) L. Sharrad
7) L. Thompson
Cool J. von  Bertouch
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:25 pm

wimpy wrote:The club's best players Vs South Adelaide:
1) J. Sinor
2) J. Petrenko
3) M. G'Worthy
4) J. Redden
5) J. Foote
6) L. Sharrad
7) L. Thompson
Cool J. von  Bertouch

I like that list of best players
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:26 pm

Did anyone see the interview of Pup during the game
He thought it would’ve been a boring game to watch
Loved him being honest
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:26 pm

wimpy wrote:The club's best players Vs South Adelaide:
1) J. Sinor
2) J. Petrenko
3) M. G'Worthy
4) J. Redden
5) J. Foote
6) L. Sharrad
7) L. Thompson
Cool J. von  Bertouch

I liked Cooper Gaffneys game. Also how brave was Rowey. He would have been massively sore at games end.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:14 pm

And Joe Sinor not even mentioned in the papers best players Reporter must have been in the bar
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:49 am

Reddeer wrote:And Joe Sinor not even mentioned in the papers best players Reporter must have been in the bar

Second time I’ve heard the club and media don’t agree with BP in our games .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down