Go down

Recruits for Season 2024 - Page 4 Empty Re: Recruits for Season 2024

Post by 35Eagles Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:06 am

Goddsy11 wrote:
35Eagles wrote:
35Eagles wrote:
Goddsy11 wrote: latest SANFL ins list

COMING
Cameron Fleeton (GWS), Josh Morris (returned/Hawthorn), Jarrad Redden (returned/Southern Eagles), Luke McKay (Narrandera/Canberra Demons), Jack Boyd (Werribee), Nathan Barkla (returned/Port Adelaide), Jordan Moore (Glenelg), Blake Renet (Narrandera)

I can't see Issac McGrath on it. Is he still there?
The list of new players to me looks underwhelming atm.
The most of us won't know for sure what the full squads are until they put the lists up for players auction for Saturday night whenever that is.  Thought it would be up by now 
They don't always put ins and outs names look at Jordan West retired his name wasn't in the ins and outs same as Zac Phillips this year. 

One of our club s failings every year is they are very slow at updating team lists and keeping them up to date on the website.
Years ago, the list was fairly comprehensive with player details. I suppose the SANFL control it.

Ive looked at other clubs' websites and they are so superior in regards info.
True. They've finally taken down the under 18s list and will update it same as under 16s that hasn't been updated per year for at least a dew years or so since the under 16s premiership year
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:29 am

[quote="Goddsy11"] latest SANFL ins list

COMING
Cameron Fleeton (GWS), Josh Morris (returned/Hawthorn), Jarrad Redden (returned/Southern Eagles), Luke McKay (Narrandera/Canberra Demons), Jack Boyd (Werribee), Nathan Barkla (returned/Port Adelaide), Jordan Moore (Glenelg), Blake Renet (Narrandera)

Isaac McGrath is still training, played in the scratch match last Friday night.
Isaac played 18 reserves games for Centrals last year, not a "high profile" recruit. By not including him, it lessens expectations for supporters.

I think the quality of new comers is reasonable, the club wants to encourage and promote our juniors so they must be able to see a pathway and opportunities. Too many recruits will hinder opportunities. The club has promoted 14 of last years U18s to the senior training squad. I'm quite happy with the way the club is heading. Remember we have a new Coach and new CEO, they most probably need time to assess the quality and strength of our squad and where in the future we should concentrate our recruiting. This years U18s appears to be an excellent team, eight in the SANFL U18 academy so let's hope some of these get through to league level (Kade Herbert already has).
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:47 am

wimpy wrote:
Goddsy11 wrote: latest SANFL ins list

COMING

Isaac McGrath is still training, played in the scratch match last Friday night.
Isaac played 18 reserves games for Centrals last year, not a "high profile" recruit. By not including him, it lessens expectations for supporters.

I think the quality of new comers is reasonable, the club wants to encourage and promote our juniors so they must be able to see a pathway and opportunities. Too many recruits will hinder opportunities. The club has promoted 14 of last years U18s to the senior training squad. I'm quite happy with the way the club is heading. Remember we have a new Coach and new CEO, they most probably need time to assess the quality and strength of our squad and where in the future we should concentrate our recruiting. This years U18s appears to be an excellent team, eight in the SANFL U18 academy so let's hope some of these get through to league level (Kade Herbert already has).

Ok Wimpy and anyone else who saw the scratch match . Reading wimpys comments about the recruits sounds good.
What I’m interested in is Sauces game plan hopefully better than last year’s under Sheedy and hopefully not Godden mark 2 . I say Godden as sauce was helping him at the crows last year
Hope that makes sense
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:14 pm

You'd think tomorrow night's players auction groups etc would be up by now wouldn't u. Yes I'm attending it but be nice to see who's grouped up with who etc also i study faces before it so know who is who if someone speaks to me downstairs or in the carpark etc out of the new ones
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:52 pm

As far as I could tell and talking to a couple of players, Sauce wants them to get the ball forward in any possible way, quickly, and then set up a wall to keep it in and then use precise football to score.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:06 pm

wimpy wrote:As far as I could tell and talking to a couple of players, Sauce wants them to get the ball forward in any possible way, quickly, and then set up a wall to keep it in and then use precise football to score.

Thanks Wimpy
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:38 pm

Are the Eagles playing a trial this weekend – either internal or against any other SANFL side?

Did Blake Renet play in the internal trial last weekend and if so, how did he go?

Hoping Adam D’Aloia is training well and can really step it up this season and be amongst the better midfielders in the competition this season. I don’t think this is beyond him.

I think next season’s recruiting will be much more exciting with a number of ex Eagles players who are currently on AFL lists potentially facing crunch times in terms of this being their final year under contract. If any of them do get delisted hopefully the club is able to entice some of them back. That said, I note that two of them under the microscope - Wehr and McNeil - each had very good trial games for GWS and Bulldogs respectively and featured amongst their best. Both are likely R1 starters. McNeil kicked 4 goals.

Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:27 pm

Perversely and selfishly, I dont really like fringe AFL ex-Eagles playing well
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:36 pm

35Eagles wrote:You'd think tomorrow night's players auction groups etc would be up by now wouldn't u. Yes I'm attending it but be nice to see who's grouped up with who etc also i study faces before it so know who is who if someone speaks to me downstairs or in the carpark etc out of the new ones
Know that the players are training tonight or have finished now for the night but if i recall last year's players auction was well entruly up by now, that's how slow the club is these days
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:52 pm

[quote="Titan2"]Are the Eagles playing a trial this weekend – either internal or against any other SANFL side?

Did Blake Renet play in the internal trial last weekend and if so, how did he go?

Hoping Adam D’Aloia is training well and can really step it up this season and be amongst the better midfielders in the competition this season. I don’t think this is beyond him.

I think next season’s recruiting will be much more exciting with a number of ex Eagles players who are currently on AFL lists potentially facing crunch times
Jack Hayes and Mitch Hardie as priorities, then topping it up with Wehr and Manselll would make us hard to beat especially if we also added a "Zach Sproule" type.

Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:19 pm

It's like everything is a secret surly by now the players auctions groups should be up but they're not same as itinerary
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:15 pm

Maybe we won't see Wehr return next year. From the GWS website, adjectives to describe Wehr and his performance (played wing) were "silky smooth" , "...used his pace" "pin point delivery" " ....high in GWS best players.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:54 pm

Cam Fleeton impressed me tonight. First met him and instead of hand shake it was a hug. Interesting former under 18s player Bailey Hann back at the club. I've known him since his under 18s days and gave me a couple of big hugs and one when he left. Luke McKay put his hand out and gave me a hug when he left. Jordan tilbrook hand injury wasn't there, redden, Calvett, cooke, Oscar Pearce missing. Last year's under 18s have gotten to know me
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:55 pm

New Blake wasn't there either
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:56 pm

Most of the boys greeted me with a friendly hug
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:04 pm

Same as Dane away
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:16 pm

Did you get any players in the Auction Lots Eagles35?
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:31 pm

Yes just 4. Didn't bid on any as it does get expensive so other i did.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:47 pm

Titan, suggest 20kg lighter (from the horses mouth).
This Saturday's trial against the best SANFL ruckman, Brooksby, will give some indication but Reddo is certainly keen.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:01 pm

Premiers wrote:Titan, suggest 20kg lighter (from the horses mouth).
This Saturday's trial against the best SANFL ruckman, Brooksby, will give some indication but Reddo is certainly keen.

Southern Eagles in the YPFL have announced Jarred Redden as a re-signing for 2024.
I take it he's still suiting up for the real Eagles and perhaps re signed with them just in case he's back home for a weekend and if we don't need him later in the season when the other Ruckmen become available again. Similar situation as Tom Luck perhaps.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:42 pm

Correct. Chatting to him, I learnt that Jarrad is very accepting of standing aside for the younger ruckmen when they have rehabilitated, are fit and firing. He will then play country football to stay fit and also be ready to again be a fill-in.
But he's keen and very much enjoying training - he jokingly suggested "They could always play me up forward !!"
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:19 pm

If his form is up to scratch I think we'd be very reluctant to let him go. 20kg lighter though he might be easier to dislodge at ruck contests.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Headfan Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:34 pm

Premiers wrote:Correct. Chatting to him, I learnt that Jarrad is very accepting of standing aside for the younger ruckmen when they have rehabilitated, are fit and firing. He will then play country football to stay fit and also be ready to again be a fill-in.
But he's keen and very much enjoying training - he jokingly suggested "They could always play me up forward !!"

There was no joke about it when he played FF in the 2s a few seasons ago. Very accurate kick!
BTW no Blake Renet. Is he injured or not up to standard?
Headfan
Headfan

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:40 pm

Headfan wrote:
Premiers wrote:Correct. Chatting to him, I learnt that Jarrad is very accepting of standing aside for the younger ruckmen when they have rehabilitated, are fit and firing. He will then play country football to stay fit and also be ready to again be a fill-in.

There was no joke about it when he played FF in the 2s a few seasons ago. Very accurate kick!
BTW no Blake Renet. Is he injured or not up to standard?
He wasn't there on Saturday night, Tillbrook has wrist injury,  no Capogreco, no Menta no Bailey Hann in the list.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:47 pm

Jack Boyd?? Is he injured as he was defently there on Saturday night. I asked him where he's from he said Canberra when i met him.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next