Mickyj
Aerie
Goddsy11
13 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Recruits for Season 2024 - Page 3 Empty Re: Recruits for Season 2024

Post by Aerie Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:50 am

wimpy wrote:Went to training/scratch match. From5.30 to 7.00 it was a normal solid training session, then there was a 2 x 25min match. Some who did not play were Ballenden, Thompson, Brinker-Ritchie, Goldsworthy, Josh Mawson, Jack Boyd and Riley Knight only played a half before leaving.
It was very difficult to pick out players, no numbers and a mixture of shorts.
Redden played and so did Max Beattie (2 goals).
Troy Menzel and Patrick Weckert were very good early, both ended up with 3 goals. Beecken had dash and a lot of the ball from half back. Josh Morris looked good and played well in the back lines. Joey S. was great, he is an inspiring captain. Jordan Moore looked a little lost.
Luke McKay did a couple of useful things but didn't get a lot of the ball. Will Neuman was noticeable with a couple of good dashes. Nathan Barkla showed plenty of dash and kicked the ball long. Cameron Fleeting did some good intercepts.
The game was played at a frenetic pace with the emphasis on getting the ball forward at any cost.
It was difficult to give an in depth summary because there were numerous U18 playings who I didn't know and only 50 minutes of game time.
Most encouraging was the form of Menzel, Weckert, Beecken and the experience of Redden.

I like it. I reckon new coaches seem to instill that quick ball movement, get it forward mentality and often the players gel to it.

We saw Godden and Sheedy have immediate success with this philosophy before a pessimistic style set in. Admittedly in Sheedy’s case the amount of players lost attributed and the games he’s got under the younger players in the past two seasons will be beneficial.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:15 am

Aerie wrote:
wimpy wrote:Went to training/scratch match. From5.30 to 7.00 it was a normal solid training session, then there was a 2 x 25min match. Some who did not play were Ballenden, Thompson, Brinker-Ritchie, Goldsworthy, Josh Mawson, Jack Boyd and Riley Knight only played a half before leaving.
It was very difficult to pick out players, no numbers and a mixture of shorts.
Redden played and so did Max Beattie (2 goals).
Troy Menzel and Patrick Weckert were very good early, both ended up with 3 goals. Beecken had dash and a lot of the ball from half back. Josh Morris looked good and played well in the back lines. Joey S. was great, he is an inspiring captain. Jordan Moore looked a little lost.
Luke McKay did a couple of useful things but didn't get a lot of the ball. Will Neuman was noticeable with a couple of good dashes. Nathan Barkla showed plenty of dash and kicked the ball long. Cameron Fleeting did some good intercepts.
The game was played at a frenetic pace with the emphasis on getting the ball forward at any cost.
It was difficult to give an in depth summary because there were numerous U18 playings who I didn't know and only 50 minutes of game time.
Most encouraging was the form of Menzel, Weckert, Beecken and the experience of Redden.

I like it. I reckon new coaches seem to instill that quick ball movement, get it forward mentality and often the players gel to it.

We saw Godden and Sheedy have immediate success with this philosophy before a pessimistic style set in. Admittedly in Sheedy’s case the amount of players lost attributed and the games he’s got under the younger players in the past two seasons will be beneficial.

And I thought Godden didn’t have a plan B or C when we made finals and GF.
Plus after Godden attended AFL coaching clinics ( or whatever they are called ) his game style changed to be a more defensive style.
Or that’s what I thought Aerie I’m known to be wrong a lot these days Smile
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:58 pm

35Eagles wrote:
wimpy wrote:Just as a matter of interest: Recently the SANFL did testing of U18 SANFL players, one player was outstanding and finished in the top category of all five disciplines, That player was Zac Schwarz of the Eagles. People might remember his mum Vicki who used to read the the news on TV, can't remember which station. Saw him a couple of times last season as an underage 18 and looked very good, let's hope he turns in to a star.
Channel 9. Think that you'll find that he's a shy lad.
Still on channel 9 I've been told
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:53 pm

35Eagles wrote:
35Eagles wrote:
wimpy wrote:Just as a matter of interest: Recently the SANFL did testing of U18 SANFL players, one player was outstanding and finished in the top category of all five disciplines, That player was Zac Schwarz of the Eagles. People might remember his mum Vicki who used to read the the news on TV, can't remember which station. Saw him a couple of times last season as an underage 18 and looked very good, let's hope he turns in to a star.
Channel 9. Think that you'll find that he's a shy lad.
Still on channel 9 I've been told
Do u know if he's related to Michael and Chris Schwarz they used to play under 18s for eagles.  Yes know that Zac isn't related to Peter but wondering if related to them or not.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:34 pm

Obviously early days but for anyone who saw the internal trial care to post your thoughts on the Eagles best team for Round 1 ? This can be updated over the coming 2-3 weeks as more trials are played.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:51 pm

Titan2 wrote:Obviously early days but for anyone who saw the internal trial care to post your thoughts on the Eagles best team for Round 1 ? This can be updated over the coming 2-3 weeks as more trials are played.
With due respect Titan, I'll post my team after an external trial - internal trials may have an U18 up against a seasoned player and gauging his form with 2 seasoned players going head-to -head is unreliable.
Also there are a lot of injured players who might be in our best team but won't be ready for the first round eg Brinker-Ritchie and maybe Jack Boyd. Also ordinary performances from a couple of players who will hopefully be better and don't want to write them off yet.
For me, the 2 surprises were the good forms of Barkla and Weckert but then, who were their opponents?
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:23 pm

Though I've seen players movement on here but can't wait to see who's grouped up with each other in the players auctions both lots. Hopefully ill be able to recognise the new ones by the photos for Saturday night on it.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:29 pm

35Eagles wrote:Though I've seen players movement on here but can't wait to see who's grouped up with each other in the players auctions both lots. Hopefully ill be able to recognise the new ones by the photos for Saturday night on it.
I know all the current, under 18s listed, Barkla and  Morris but not the new ones to the club.  I do wonder if Josh Morris has been asking after me since he's come back to the Eagles.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:19 pm

To the person that thought that Carter Norman had been desisted no he hasn't as Will Pearce and him are doing members night this week.  Coach must see some talent in the lovely person or maybe a different role this year.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:46 pm

35Eagles wrote:To the person that thought that Carter Norman had been desisted no he hasn't as Will Pearce and him are doing members night this week.  Coach must see some talent in the lovely person or maybe a different role this year.

Just checked the members email your totally correct .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:29 pm

I don't know the circumstances around talented 197cm key forward Zac Sproule leaving South Adelaide for Pt Noarlunga after only one season ( kicked 30 goals). Many clubs will be making enquiries re this former GWS player for 2025. His former association at GWS with Jakob Wehr and Fleeton might have him consideri the Eagles if we want him. Too good a player to be languishing at Pt Noarlunga.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:31 pm

Premiers wrote:I don't know the circumstances around talented 197cm key forward Zac Sproule leaving South Adelaide for Pt Noarlunga after only one season ( kicked 30 goals). Many clubs will be making enquiries re this former GWS player for 2025. His former association at GWS with Jakob Wehr and Fleeton might have him consideri the Eagles if we want him. Too good a player to be languishing at Pt Noarlunga.
Jacob and what I've seen is Fleeton without meeting him yet but in videos, he seems like a lovely person.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Headfan Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:09 pm

I’d love to see Sproule with us. He slaughtered us at Noarlunga last year. He’s a very good player.
Headfan
Headfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:38 am

This came up on Facebook the leaders

Our Eagles Senior Men’s team leaders were announced last night…

Captain: Joseph Sinor
Vice Captain: Riley Knight
Deputy Vice Captain: Sam Rowland
Leadership Group: James Rowe, Luke Beecken, Troy Menzel, and Connor Ballenden.

Trials begin in just under 2 weeks as we build towards the Good Friday season opener:
•SANFL Round 1 - Friday March 29th
•Maughan Thiem Kia Oval, Woodville
•Eagles vs West Adelaide
•League 2:30pm •Reserves 5pm

#EaglesWWTFC #TogetherWeFly #OneClubOneCulture
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:32 am

Pleasing to see Luke Beecken elevated to the Leadership Group with his young age, commanding presence on the football field, full-on attitude at training suggesting that he is our next Captain whenever Joe Sinor steps down (and long may Joe Sinor reign).
Eventually becoming Captain of our Club would be some accolade for Luke who has been unlucky in being overlooked by AFL recruiters and now is probably "too old" for a half-back flanker to be drafted.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:19 am

AFL loss is certainly our gain.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:22 pm

hawke wrote:Pleasing to see Luke Beecken elevated to the Leadership Group with his young age, commanding presence on the football field, full-on attitude at training suggesting that he is our next Captain whenever Joe Sinor steps down (and long may Joe Sinor reign).
Eventually becoming Captain of our Club would be some accolade for Luke who has been unlucky in being overlooked by AFL recruiters and now is probably "too old" for a half-back flanker to be drafted.

Definitely agree - he was a shining light last year after a really good 2021 and a slightly shaky "2nd year blues" 2022. Could see his leadership and willingness to take the game on develop on the ground.

Great for us to have Max Beattie as well and for him to have had an AFL pre-season under his belt.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:17 pm

Interesting former eagles player in Dunstan Launer on port's sanfl list. I noticed it when i looked at the teams for tomorrow night's trial game.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:54 pm

I see that Jack Hayes is "still" 5-6 weeks away from returning to StK active list after a post season knee operation. I admire his perseverance but there are 2 years more of youngsters at StK after Jack got filched (?). I wonder when/if both parties return him to us.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:55 pm

I also have just seen where former eagles player and North player has been assigned a coaching role at the bays in Todd Miles
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:04 pm

latest SANFL ins list

COMING
Cameron Fleeton (GWS), Josh Morris (returned/Hawthorn), Jarrad Redden (returned/Southern Eagles), Luke McKay (Narrandera/Canberra Demons), Jack Boyd (Werribee), Nathan Barkla (returned/Port Adelaide), Jordan Moore (Glenelg), Blake Renet (Narrandera)

I can't see Issac McGrath on it. Is he still there?
The list of new players to me looks underwhelming atm.

Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:12 pm

Goddsy11 wrote: latest SANFL ins list

COMING
Cameron Fleeton (GWS), Josh Morris (returned/Hawthorn), Jarrad Redden (returned/Southern Eagles), Luke McKay (Narrandera/Canberra Demons), Jack Boyd (Werribee), Nathan Barkla (returned/Port Adelaide), Jordan Moore (Glenelg), Blake Renet (Narrandera)

The most of us won't know for sure what the full squads are until they put the lists up for players auction for Saturday night whenever that is.  Thought it would be up by now 
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:18 pm

McGrath's name isn't out in centrals list in the SANFL ins and outs.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:22 pm

35Eagles wrote:

COMING

The most of us won't know for sure what the full squads are until they put the lists up for players auction for Saturday night whenever that is.  Thought it would be up by now 
They don't always put ins and outs names look at Jordan West retired his name wasn't in the ins and outs same as Zac Phillips this year. 
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:37 pm

35Eagles wrote:
35Eagles wrote:

COMING

They don't always put ins and outs names look at Jordan West retired his name wasn't in the ins and outs same as Zac Phillips this year. 

One of our club s failings every year is they are very slow at updating team lists and keeping them up to date on the website.
Years ago, the list was fairly comprehensive with player details. I suppose the SANFL control it.

Ive looked at other clubs' websites and they are so superior in regards info.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next