Headfan
Mickyj
Premiers
20 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Recruits for Season 2024 - Page 37 Empty Re: Recruits for Season 2024

Post by Titan2 Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:08 pm

Great to have him around as a mentor for our young rucks. However something would have had to go badly wrong with the club if he is called to front up for the Club in a playing capacity. What's his body shape like these days??

Really keen for the season to start.

I saw pictures posted by the club of the mot recent training in the new year. Good to see many of our senior players out there – Thommo, Rowe (who didn’t look like he’d lost any weight from his illness), Menzel, Goldy.

I would love to see Goldy get play a full season in what could well be his last. I still firmly believe he is one of our club’s most important players given his foot skills and delivery. What we do know from the past 3-4 seasons is that it is extremely risky if we try to have him play the full match 3-4 matches in a row. He breaks down. The club needs to be smart and perhaps have him play 3 quarters then give him a match off to rest off before repeating.

Super keen to see the progression of players like D’Aloia who I believe has the potential to really stamp himself as one of the better midfielders in the competition this upcoming season.
Can Cooke make the transition into our league team this year and play 7-8 games? Can Lukac show continued improvement and show versatility as being able to contribute as a key forward outside of his role in the ruck? Can Brinker-Ritchie also continue to improve on what he achieved last year and start to get more of the ball around the ground in addition to what he did very well last season – win the taps.

The big risk is the seemingly paper thin depth of the squad but of course much of that is based on ‘names on paper’ that assume no improvement from last season and complete unknowns in how well our recruits will adapt. We can only wait and see.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Headfan Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:42 pm

Welcome back Reddo! 3 Premierships and a good bloke to boot.
His availability as a backup ruckman is to be taken with a grain of salt but stranger things have happened. The Club’s young ruckman can only benefit from having Reddo and Sauce mentoring them.
I see Mitch Hardie and Luke McKay trading friendly jibes in the comments to a photo on FB. Hope he’s keeping his options open on returning to the Eagles if he doesn’t make it at Freo.
Headfan
Headfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:03 pm

Interesting, David Couzner's email on Reddo, he mentioned, BR, Lukac, J Boyd then developing ruckman Izaac Niemann and Griffiths Hansen. No mention of Tom Luck who is likely to play State U18 this year. On the short side 197cm for a ruckman but holding up well so far. Have the Eagles given up on him as a ruckman and see his future as a key forward/backman ? Tom certainly has the skills, speed, agility to succeed as a key forward/back as his body matures.
Or will David Couzner say, it was a "slip of the memory" and don't read too much into it !
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:15 pm

Headfan wrote:Welcome back Reddo! 3 Premierships and a good bloke to boot.
His availability as a backup ruckman is to be taken with a grain of salt but stranger things have happened. The Club’s young ruckman can only benefit from having Reddo and Sauce mentoring them.
I see Mitch Hardie and Luke McKay trading friendly jibes in the comments to a photo on FB.  Hope he’s keeping his options open on returning to the Eagles if he doesn’t make it at Freo.

Has anyone seen him yet. I wonder what his weight will be. Surprised

ps   After saying earlier I won't renew my membership because of Welsh leaving, I have broken down again and just renewed. I just love the club. cheers
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:59 pm

It gets into your blood, and you can't shake it
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:45 am

I see Mitch Hardie and Luke McKay trading friendly jibes in the comments to a photo on FB.  Hope he’s keeping his options open on returning to the Eagles if he doesn’t make it at Freo.

Slight correction "Headfan" , I think Mitch Hardie is at Geelong and it's Max Beattie training with Fremantle.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:57 am

whybother wrote:It gets into your blood, and you can't shake it

Very true why bother very true
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:25 pm

Everyone who visits this site :
BUY A BRICK! and keep the momentum happening.
( I'm surprised at the enthusiasm and optimism around the Club which seems greater than for other years for no reason. But may it continue.)
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:38 pm

Premiers wrote:Everyone who visits this site :
BUY A BRICK!  and keep the momentum happening.
( I'm surprised at the enthusiasm and optimism around the Club which seems greater than for other years for no reason. But may it continue.)

Honestly I think getting sauce back now REDDO I dunno is it the old firm coming back raising our hopes . Not sure yet I can get a brick I have a plaque on the fence we will see
I’ve paid for my 10 game membership even though I maybe in hospital getting surgery that was supposed to be May last year
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Headfan Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:44 am

wimpy wrote:

Slight correction "Headfan" , I think Mitch Hardie is at Geelong and it's Max Beattie training with Fremantle.

Correct wimpy. My mix up. Just hope that Max makes it for his sake, but if not then I’ll be so glad if he comes back to the Eagles. I hate it when they make it, only to play VFL like Cheater and Hardie!
Headfan
Headfan

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:12 am

who be cheater?????
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Headfan Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:26 am

whybother wrote:who be cheater?????
James Tsitas. Pronounced Cheatas. He calls himself The Cheater.
Headfan
Headfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:03 pm

Headfan wrote:
whybother wrote:who be cheater?????
James Tsitas. Pronounced Cheatas.  He calls himself The Cheater.

Spot on was waiting for that
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:42 pm

Copied this from the fremantle forum (this was before mckenzie was added to the train on list)

It sounds like Max Beattie is in pole position out of the train on players to grab a list spot. Sounds promising.
Would love a narky little small forward with some attitude
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:13 pm

Wouldn't put any credence on supporter's forums, Michael.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:41 pm

So what's the deal with Rory Lehmann? Given past discussion on this forum it sounds as if he has left the club. Yet the Club itself has made not a single mention about it. Very strange given he'd be one of the senior players. Why the silence?

He is not listed on the SANFL in/outs as an 'out'.

What's the deal?
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:54 am

Went to training last night, not much to report. Ran in to "premiers" who was also watching and a little later "hawke" turned up.
There is always an injured group but nothing appeared too serious. Knighter was taking it easy just doing a little bit of jogging, others were on bikes or just running laps.
The most interesting part of training was the participation of Jarrad Redden in several drills.
Looked a fair bit slimmer than when he last played for us. If he gets to a reasonable fitness level could be an unlikely fill in if Brinker-Ritchie or Lukac went down.
Training on Friday night will be at Woodville Oval.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:11 am

wimpy wrote:Went to training last night, not much to report. Ran in to  "premiers" who was also watching and a little later "hawke" turned up.
There is always an injured group but nothing appeared too serious. Knighter was taking it easy just doing a little bit of jogging, others were on bikes or just running laps.
The most interesting part of training was the participation of Jarrad Redden in several drills.
Looked a fair bit slimmer than when he last played for us. If he gets to a reasonable fitness level could be an unlikely fill in if Brinker-Ritchie or Lukac went down.
Training on Friday night will be at Woodville Oval.

Funny on another forum a bay mongrel is saying we have a lot of injuries reddens lost weight we will need him fit
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:19 am

Yes, was at training last night. Ï'll go further and say that Jarrad Redden will be a very important player this year.
Sam Rowland almost unrecognisable, having trimmed right down in preparation for the running midfielder's role.
Barkla could be the real surprise - very quick, evasive with the "Ciccolella sidestep" and good kick.
D'Áloia stands out as one of the best "track-horses" - expect a very good season from him.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:34 am

Regarding Rory Lehmann. He is listed in club's annual report as retired
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:12 pm

Does anyone know what Bayman is talking about on his site.

Something about us getting help/handouts. He normally has some inside info.

https://talkingfootysa.forumotion.net/t4319-all-things-the-eagles-in-2024
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:55 am

“Bayman” is full of sh!t and has a real issue with the Eagles. Been extra sour since 2021, I wonder why. I wouldn’t pay too much attention to his dribble.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:59 am

Goddsy11 wrote:Does anyone know what Bayman is talking about on his site.

Something about us getting help/handouts. He normally has some inside info.

https://talkingfootysa.forumotion.net/t4319-all-things-the-eagles-in-2024

He claims eagles fans tell him usually and he says this stuff so I’ll go argue with him
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:00 am

The Barton wrote:“Bayman” is full of sh!t and has a real issue with the Eagles. Been extra sour since 2021, I wonder why. I wouldn’t pay too much attention to his dribble.

Longer than that I’m afraid
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:45 am

The Barton wrote:“Bayman” is full of sh!t and has a real issue with the Eagles. Been extra sour since 2021, I wonder why. I wouldn’t pay too much attention to his dribble.

I know the person who replied I’m sure most do . He answered nice concise and spot on from what we know .
Yep old Bayman has had a thing against our side for a very long time . Unfortunately since my head injury I overreact to him and let’s say admin back him . So I no longer post on there safer and easier for me Smile
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next